Missed opportunities

Anyone sometimes think back on missed opportunities?

I recently found a digital camera my sister gave me a decade a go. For shits and giggles, I read what was on the SD card today. Found a bunch of old photos, obviously. I also came across some photos I took back in high school

My final year of high school, I had the opportunity to buy my dream car, so I went and looked at it, took a few pics, including pic related. Guy wanted $2500 for a non-running car, so of course I said no.

I still think back and wonder what if. Anyone else have those thoughts?

I had a chance to buy a 1983 Porsche 911 complete shell, just missing the engine for 4k during the recession. I passed because i didn't have time fix it. it was worth x6 more in just a few years.

good thing you didn't buy it, we don't need another ruined Porsche

Shit picture of the engine.
1.8L Fiat Twin Cam I4 making an earth shattering 83 HP.

Back in the early 2000s, a seller was asking $3k for a '98 pontiac firebird. My dad was willing to pay for it as a first car gift to me.

I opted for getting a 98 grand am instead because back then I preferred a smaller car.

It was probably a v6 anyways

Could of caught a BMW 2002 ,might of been a73, for 1300 bucks.Now that was 10 years ago,lick my self for not buying it.it was rust free just Didn't run

Two years ago, when I was 16, I passed up an 80 Z28 Camaro for 2500. Clean as hell with low mileage. The seller was going to throw in a built 350 for an extra 1500. Parents didn't want me to buy it since it wasn't the ideal daily driver and already had another project I was working on with my dad. Still haven't finished that project, while that Camaro could've been an awesome car to have in high school

Look man, I always think of it like this.
The car you have currently is the car you were meant to be with after all those missed opportunities.

I bought an NA Z32. A fucking NA.
I had so many opportunities lined up, from Civic Si, to Mazdaspeed 3, to a CLEAN 240SX, even a fucking FRS.

However, I ended up with an NA Z32. That has given me many problems only 3 months into my ownership.

I'm very happy with it, regardless of my problems with it.

I always think, what if I bought that FRS, or that MS3? Would I be just as happy? Would I be happier?

But then I think, there were so many reasons why I didn't buy those cars. The FRS because I didn't want to pay 15k for a slow car (lmao memes), the MS3 because I couldn't find one that wasn't riced out to shit/too expensive, the list goes on.

I found the Z32 for a really good price and the owner actually wanted to make a sale. So I bought it.

I really feel like it was meant to be, as gay as it sounds. So don't feel bad about missing that opportunity, more will come your way, maybe even better ones.

I came so close to buying this Lotus Elan Sprint a few years back for $20k. It was in great shape and an absolute steal for such a rare classic.
I chose to spend my money on school instead.
I'm still hitting myself to this day.

I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but I have the exact OPPOSITE problem as you all. Imagine if all those missed opportunities you had, you went for it.

that's the story of how i ended up with a fuck ton of projects with not enough cpitol to do a 100% on any one of them. and also no time

That's an interesting way to look at it.

this was about 10 years ago

>ae86 Trueno sprinter coupe
>GT-apex, factory panda
>pretty much untouched, jut some old SSR wheels on it
>guy wanted $4k for it
>negotiating/sitting on offers
>had a feeling he was going to call me and take the $3.5k offer i made
>calls me up the next day and says somebody gave him the 4k for it on the spot

i should have just given him the extra fucking $500
i know you cunts love shit talking the meme car but it haunts me to this day
one in that condition would be worth like $15k now

this does lead me to how i ended up with my own meme car

>buy aw11 to take my mind off losing the 86 coupe
>snap oversteer aw11 into tree because i'm takumi
>the day i got the insurance payout a SOHC 86 hatch came up for sale
>buy it
>learn fuckloads swapping the full jap stuff into it slowly

pic related my meme car and current project

fuck

Why even waste the bandwidth required to post that? How were you so bad at using a camera?

>bring this mad about a shit photo taken 10 years ago.
Here. Have another. This one's the frunk.

There is a turbo r32 near me thats auto with clean title and 3k.
Also a k swapped em2 thats 4k.

Is that an F40 in the background?

I have one of these in my garage but it's not a Scorpio, its an actual beta.
I hope to have the time and money to repair it someday

A dying associate I knew offered to sell me a really nice turbo Porsche for like 10k. I was saving for a house and just couldn't afford it at the time. He was being very generous because I helped him with some shit and well he was gonna die from cancer soon so why not.

>Scorpio
read that back badge again. It's a Scorpion.
The car was sold in Europe as the Lancia Montecarlo, but due to Chevrolet holding the copyright to the Monte Carlo name in Americia, the car needed to be renamed, so they called it the Scorpion, as a nod to Fiat's tuning arm, Abarth. There were differences between the US market Scorpion and the EU market Monte Carlo as well. US cars got bigger heavier bumpers to meet American crash test standards, exposed popup headlamps that raised an inch to meet US headlamp height requirements, and an emissions strangled 83 HP 1.8L Fiat Twin Cam while the EU model got a 120 HP 2.0L variant.

And the ONLY thing the Scorpion shared with the Lancia Beta was the engine/transmissions. Literally nothing else swapped over. The Beta was front engine, FWD, while the Scorpion was Mid-engine, rear wheel drive.

and the Scorpion is rare today because of how ridiculously overpriced they were. From 1976-1977, they made 1,807 Scorpions for the US market. They even got some product placement from Disney when Disney used a Scorpion to portray Giselle, a car Herbie the love bug fell in love with in the 1977 movie "Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo".
Pic related is the actual surviving car from that movie, which sold at Mecum auctions last year. It was the only survivor of 3 cars used for the movie.

To illustrate what I mean by they were horrendously overpriced. In 1976, a Scorpion costed $11,000. That doesn't seem like much, but back then, you could get a musch faster 350 V8 powered Chevrolet Corvette for about $7,000, $10,500 loaded with options.