>cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:
>16832611 →

webums with sounds:

Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.lego.com/en-US/Street-Motorcycle-42036
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

after having bought 3 sport bikes, ive come to realize that i hate them. they are just too uncomfortable for me. i also feel safer and funny enough like I can corner better on a standard/upright bike for some reason. not sure why. guess i am just more confident/feel in control when i am upright as opposed to hunched over.

so im thinking about selling them all and just getting a fz-09 or something even though the power is going to be a significant downgrade. maybe a s1000r. definitely not a mt10 since thats for faggots

sounds like you want a vstrom to me

Post your baiku ITT right now or you'll spring an oil leak from the crush washer.

>one track day costs as much as 8000km of gas
I wish I had never done this calculation

lookin comfy famalam

Yeah, it's pretty expensive. This is why when a liberal tells you to "take it to the track" you can just tell them to go fuck themselves

Has anyone made a skid plate? I have access to a welder and metal cutting tools, but I have never done aluminum before

africa twin

Streetfighter 1098 S, Tuono V4 1100, S1000R, Brutale 1090RR, there's a lot of great roadster on the market bro, but if i were you, i'd keep one sportbike because even if it's really uncomfortable you'll miss them one day.

See

Sam update when? Haven't heard anything since the location/date poll

It better be nice this weekend... I need to get out and ride.

>liberal tells you to "take it to the track"
>liberal
The only people who have ever complained about my hooning have been older white women from San Marino and Beverly Hills (and she worked for the BHPD). I didn't ask their political leanings but I don't hink I'm taking a risk to say they're right wing as fuck

there isnt much difference between them so it really doesnt matter.

Summoning urbananon

Then why did you bring it up?

im a different user m8
but yeah, i get yelled at by people of both leanings for tarding around on bikes

Why does the XB9S give me a huge boner?

I would love to see Buell come back, maybe working with Indian/Polaris

wew lads just started to build the lego r1200gs I posted in the other thread and it's bigger than I thought

>Why does the XB9S give me a huge boner?
you and me both, user

still a fair few EBR 1190s out there and they're legitimately good bikes not just magic pixie dream bikes or w/e

just like the real 1200GS amirite

Their
>shop.lego.com/en-US/Street-Motorcycle-42036
is pretty sizable too.

Oi m8 how them 804/805s holding up? You guys and the puppers doing alright as well?

big adventure bikes make my dick tingle

>so wide it cant even fall over like a normal bike

Would maybe be a good thing IF it didn't fall directly on the valve covers

Little adventure bikes do the same for me

They are good. I haven't been riding much though. Busy with house stuff and spending all my money getting ready for Moab and for Baby. Doggos are good, ridiculous as always.
>We lego thread now

Actually not really I think this is the only lego pic I have

That picture doesn't do it justice, my cousin has a '15 or '16 1200GSA and that bitch is WIDE, like I'd be worried about oncoming traffic on the left part of the lane wide.

The pegs on my CBR look like those you pictured. They still get pretty slippery if there's any moisture or mud on your boots or the pegs.
>If you're not scraping peg (I was scraping peg with the feelers off) don't bother, just put some skateboard grip tape on the existing pegs.
Clearance isn't really an issue for me. I'm a cantturn apparently. I kind of just wanted something to try different leg positions. Also I need some way to extend my shift lever because I can barely get my boot under it even with it adjusted as high as can go. Or I could just a boot made for this kind of riding.
>size 12
Are aussie sizes different from American sizes?

Yeah? Any things of note with the house? The missus probably looks cutefunny with how small she is, relatively speaking, with her baby belly. Please tell her I said hello and I hope all's well, and to let me know if you guys get close and need anything else.

The Anakee Wild I bought for my rear tire hooks up really well on gravel and dirt. Don't know about deep sand yet; kinda hard to find that in Iowa.

>tfw remembered that I forgot to finish that sportbike model I linked
dommitt.

True dat. Those boxes probably let me walk away from low siding at 40 last weekend

The regular GS doesn't look as bad as the adventure since it doesn't have the huge fuel tank, but it's still pretty big

kinda need the mondo tank to feed that thing though
shame honda didnt put a bigger tank on the AT

In my mind it comes remarkably close to the "bobber" look in a sports bike with few partial fairings and its stubby tail.

The middle of the bike looks great, but the weird headlight and stubby tail are both atrocious

how much should I be looking to spend for a first time bike? I'm a pretty big guy too, so factor that into suggestions. what brands to avoid? look for?

just post your craigslist and 20 nobikes will be happy to spend an hour going through it with a fine tooth comb

So how does a stock bandit go for touring?
>good ergos for a tall skelly
>stock fairing puts windblast on shoulders
>can warm hands on the engine
>excellent stability
>excellent luggage tie downs
>top gear is too short - 4000rpm at 120 kph

Overall comfier than a naked bike but not as comfy as a touring bike.

The S1 is like the only Buell I have found even close to attractive

Not so much that you get upset when you drop it in your driveway. Because we have all dropped our first bike in the driveway, or supermarket parking lot

>Because we have all dropped our first bike in the driveway, or supermarket parking lot
I'll have you know I dropped my first bike at a stoplight, thank you very much.

My stepdad's first bike was a road glide or something. He couldn't pick it up after his First Drop™ and had to get me and another brother to help him pick it up. You could tell he was holding back tears.

I've been riding dirt bikes since i could touch on a 70, and I'll be buying my first street bike in a few weeks. Are supermotos expensive? Should I just get some old japanese pos cruiser?

>tfw everyone ignores my shitty joke sign

Are supermotos expensive? Ive always ridden dirt bikes but I'll be getting a street bike soon, and god damn my friend's sumo 690 enduro r is the most fun bike I've ever ridden- should I buy/make one?

Depends on your definition of cheap, they have a slight meme tax and are a bit more expensive just because they weren't really a thing until 10-15 years ago, so everything is newer than that. But a good DRZ or WR 450 can be had for under $4000. Also they're pretty good for moving from dirt to street, everything about it will be familiar, so you can focus on the road instead of the bike, and when you drop it it probably won't break anything.

Lmao wtf

Thanks, thats still way out of my price range though, I'm looking for ~$1,500. Theres a 1980 cb750c for sale for 1400 in my area, do you think I'll die or should I be alright?

>I'm looking for ~$1,500
get more money

Looks just like an older Ducati Monster

aaaaaaaaaay

You'll probably be fine because it won't run long enough to kill you. With that budget look for old dual sports and plated enduros, XT350, DR350, XR400, maybe some 650s though they're usually over $2k

>That red
Noice. I just bought this and a puig screen today. I'm hyped

>first sunny day in a week
>last sunny day for a week
>take out the bike after work during the last hour of sunshine
>let my inner squid loose and hammer my bike for a 2 mile stretch
>come to a stoplight afterwards, see in my mirror an old man in the car behind me shaking his finger
>look behind at him to confirm, he's mouthing "no" and shaking his finger
>shrug
>he points behind him
>i lean down and look through his back window
>cop directly behind him
>at the green i take off slowly, look behind and see the old man driving incredibly slowly, like 10 under the limit in a residential
>round the corner and turn into a side street and take my ass home

Fucking based old man. Thanks.

Wrong pic my bad

Yeah she's looking pretty silly. We're still getting stuff from your first shipment man. You certainly don't need to do any more.

House is pretty solid. Built in 85 but recently "renovated" so some quirks to work out. I cut the power line to the well pump with a fence stake last weekend kek.

>cut with a fence stake
top kek
Call b4 u dig, m8! Any other silliness of note? That's funny and I bet the line wasn't dug deeply at all.

Mine is at the very back.

That's a pretty wicked indigo you got though.

I thinking of doing a naked conversion when I find the money. Not a huge fan of the obese front.

That's because we are all slow children.

Also, the previous owner did a headlight mod so both are on normal and then high beams, but now the bright headlight is always off. Any ideas?

goddamn indicator lights are too fucking bright

Yeah Yeah I know kek. I do have to figure out still why the swamp cooler runs but nothing comes through the vents. Wombat thinks it's a damper in the system somewhere and I'm inclined to believe him since he does this for a living, so I need to get in the crawlspace and have a look.

Yeah but a big tank equals lots of weight up high.

Shitbike w no kickstart reporting in

Is that a slim?

Lol I've got no idea. The only electrical work I'm going to do this will be wiring up a phone charger

Yeah, there's usually a panel that's put in to seal the cooler off in winter. Literally just pull it out.

gas filled tires, would make leaks easy to find too

Saw an MV Agusta for the first time today at the revival store in philly, fucking thing is gorgeous. Shame theyre rare and expensive as piss

ride into town and waste money on food for lunch or stay at home and make something cheap?

Yes, with the 103 engine and an after market exhaust.

I haven't found it yet. I'm sure I will and I'll feel dumb as fuck, but I've looked and found nothing.

Kek

I completely agree. The ABS light flashes in offroad or rider mode too which is doubly annoying at night

Nice fucking bike. You going to do anything with it or keep it as is?

They're really none of those things.

Where is your sc located? If it's on the roof, the panel will usually be in the attic near where it actually "splits" the flow or next to the heating unit.

The closest dealer to me is 100 miles Away, and he's selling an 800rr for 16k so yeah that pretty expensive for a bike that's slower than a fz10 and 3k more

REEEEEEEEEEEE SNOW LEAVE

Changed the mirrors, moved the signal lights and installed led on the break / signal lights and headlight. This is an old pic cause I changed that headlight for an all black JW speakers adaptive led headlight. I plan to put either a 12" or 14" sissy bar but it all depends if I change the stock handle bar. Still debating if I should change the floorboards for a forward control kit. Later on I plan on putting a 120r race engine on it.

sup boyo

i am here

fuck this weather.

Look at that cute lil cruiser. I approve

unboxing shitty amazon/ebay chinese parts is the most depressing motorcycle-related thing

Ayyy, whats up mang. This weather isn't too bad at least it didnt snow. I'm gonna be down there next weekend

It's on the side of the house. I don't think I have a ic but it's setup like a typical A/C unit just it's a SC

>Moab soon
Fugg, at least I'm rear tubeless now

which one?
either take the windshield off or get one that clears your head

Is that forks? Ontariofag?

where the fuck do you live that it's still snowing
>I thought I had it bad

Nothing much man, just doing a lot of projects and bullshit bitchwork. Luckily there isn't snow, but it's still so damn cold in April.

Haven't gotten around to getting honey, and I need to restock my booze. Buuuut, I do have a bundle of WATs. Perhaps I should poke around the apiary sometime soon.

Whatchu gon' be up to? I'm not sure there's much going on next weekend.

>side unit
It might actually be inside the SC then. Hm; hope you find it soon before it gets brutal outside...

Gotta go to bed, man. I'm on days now believe it or not! Take care and I'll talk to you later.

Should be in the 60's and 70's next week that's what I'm hoping for anyway.

Hanging out with my friend and getting smashed, maybe up going and wandering in some cornfields and taking some honey if you find my bike tho mang

When are finals for you?

Later bruv

you can't see it but its got a v4 that rotates and you can see the cylinders move. its the little things.

Awesome. Hope it's nice out, I've had enough of this.

Sounds like a plan. I definitely need to get blasted this weekend. On a budget, any ideas/suggestions?

Last time I was by the beehives was iirc a few semesters ago, I was also running around with a bow and some arrows cause it was pretty quiet around. I've got the coords for the beehives if they're still there, idk.

I have a p gud idea, probably first through sixth, aye? You don't park underground do you?

Finals begin Cinco de Mayo, no clue when mine is cause schedules aren't out yet. Wbu?Perhaps there'll be decent bikes for sale when people graduate, if need be I can buy one and stash it in the apartment I'll have next year.

I've got a Lego F1 car that I built as a kid with shit like that, all 10 pistons move and it has a working rear differential, shits pretty cash.

how do you deal with bloodclots and lack of circulation while riding?

in a car you're always free to stretch or move your feet/legs around, especially ween in cruise control

by the way, is there cruise control for bikes?

and if so how easy is it to engage

i really love my prius CC, cause its right where you put your hand when holding the bottom spokes, palm facing down and i can engage it at 24mph or higher

Southern Ontario, and hello fellow rm buddy

What do you like to drink?

Nah I park in a driveway and its pretty visible, I'll post what intersection when I get there

Finals for me are around the same time.

What kind of b8 is this

>prius driver
>considering a motorcycle
Shouldn't you be on a vegan board or something?

Answers, since I'll bite:
1, 2: You are not locked in a given position. You can move about on the bike all you like, and stopping for a moment isn't hard.
3: Yes, CC exists. Some large bikes have it equipped from the factory, and there are aftermarket devices ranging from fancy things that deal with your throttle and/or ECU to as simple as a friction-based throttle lock. I use something called a Crampbuster because I'm too cheap to pay for CC.

You can stretch and move on a bike. Some bikes have real cruise control like a car where you just hit a button, but you can also get pic related for any bike it just holds the throttle in one place.