Why are 3 series bimmers the most reliable luxury cars?

Why are 3 series bimmers the most reliable luxury cars?

I don't see any other luxury cars get the same praise here.

Yeah too bad most owners are bags of shit

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAA
You can't be serious

Who told you this???

BMW 3 series......luxury?

wtf are you a paki?

M35 checkmate

I owned one and it was the worst car I ever owned (in terms of reliability and engineering). Who thought it was a good idea to not have a oil dipstick?

I'm about to buy a 2008 335i coupe (with a manual ofc). Someone talk me out of it

n54

Do it brah. It'll look good in the repair shop

It's horrible, I owned an 07 335xi, I was the guy who just posted saying it was the worst car I ever owned. Sure it was fun to drive when it was running, but the turbos just make an already unreliable car 10x worse. Boost leaks, oil burning (from engine and turbos), some sensor breaking every day, leaks from everywhere, transmission problems (I had an auto though), and electrical gremlins everywhere. Every time I fixed something on the car 2 other things would break. I owned it for about 2 years and sold it to some poor sucker who didn't even test drive it before buying it (typical BMW owner).

It can't really be that bad though, right? If it's really that bad, what other cars can I get for 20k that are rwd, 2+2 layout, somewhat powerful (i.e. no toyobaru), and have a non-shit interior?

You're unreliable POS Nazi MotorWerks ain't got shit on this bad boy. IS F

G37 or Genesis

He said non-shit interior m8

Maybe I'm autistic but this interior looks pretty good. And no I don't own one

G37 would be best with those criteria

Genesis is pretty plastic yea, but infiniti makes good interiors

That particular IS F is trash and should be set on fire.

I think you would be disappointed if you actually sat in either of those cars. Lots of flimsy plastic material, doesn't have a premium feel at all

Yea let me just enjoy all that "premium" plastic in muh bmw

>any car made by BMW
>reliable

I'm not defending bmw. Where did you infer that from what I said?

Jaguar XK

obv b8

OK I'll look into the G37, but I think I'm still gonna end up going with the 335

will report back when I have my car

It's a luxury feature.

what the fuck am I reading

i burn ISFs like that all day in my 335i

Fuck off Elliot

but the isf had muh vee ate

And BMW niggers say that BMWs are reliable

paki here.

bmw 3 series owner also.

seems to me that its an above average car.

some varients are punching well above the class segment.

...335d

0-60 in 4.8 seconds.. from the factory, no tinkering.

ridiculous mpg because its an oil burner.

m sport varients get adoptive suspension modes.

m sport+ gets bigger brakes.
m3 has 4 doors and is practical.

although this gen the styling is something to talk about.

i got a 330e which is almost relevant.

I hope that yours isnt stock. I raped a red 335xi getting on an onramp in my STI and was only running 330 hp at the time via a ecu tune.

Yah there's no way a stock 335i is hanging with (or beating) an IS-F

And the IS is WAAAY more reliable. This thread is total bait.

I fell for it

Fuck

IS F has 423hp and was built to compete with the M3 (which it got btfo'd by)

BMWs have this reputation of being unreliable in america, probably because of the different environment. In Austria and Germany theyre seen as very reliable, along with VWs.

because amerifats dont know proper car care
also very high labor cost on german cars

>3 series BMW

>that pic
holy shit lmao

3 series is not luxury in any way. Luxury starts with 5 series, and only in higher trims.
If you want fast, decently handling luxury car get an e60 530i or better.

In what dimension is a 530i is fast?

Lexus is a much more reliable luxury brand.

>lexus
>luxury
Luxurious maybe when compared to a Corolla, yeah.

In being faster than you in a bus.

BMW is NOT reliable. Not anymore at least.
So why are they praised? Because decades ago, they decided to start making high end 'luxury' cars that had the handling of a sports car. It was a revolutionary idea at the time. Think back to the 1970s and think of one luxury car brand besides BMW known for making all their cars sporty and fun to drive.
This made them appeal to car enthusiasts who remained loyal and praised BMW to anyone willing to sit still long enough.

Eventually, normies got the idea that BMW was a status symbol, and wanted them for that reason alone.

THAT is why BMW is praised today when literally EVERY other luxury car manufacturer does it better and has better reliability.
Cadillac is better.
Mercedes is better.
Hell, Alfa Romeo is better.

BMW is normie tier now, especially since they started catering to normies exclusively after the E46.

Wow, triggered much? I don't ride the bus, but that's very funny.

You must own an e60 530i. Not a bad car

It's a 15 second quarter mile, dude. This is not fast.

Get a 335d or 435d instead
Thank me later

>quarter mile times are important for big sedans

Its not a track car, its just a fast, comfy daily. Unless its an M5 or 550i it'll never compare to Porsches, Evos and other sporty cars.

To normies they're a luxury brand. I DD a nx200t and people think that i'm fucking rick ross or something. My 2015 STI Limited was the same price after factory upgrades, taxes, and fees (~45k) ffs

>adoptive suspension modes

Kek.

lrn 2 English rajeesh

My friend bought a CPO 328i with 40k~ miles and has an incident with cylinders misfiring TWICE now and he hasn't even put 5,000 miles on it yet. Both times he took it in, they just replaced the spark plug and coil pack and it seemed to fix it. But it makes me wonder if there is a deeper issue that is slowly brewing

Meanwhile my 1.8 Jetta with 350k miles is still on the original tranny and engine

You keep calling it fast.

Yeah, its fast by your usual dd standards.
Or slow by sports car standards.
Keep thinking only your point of view matters. Goes well with benchracing.

Good job admitting you have no taste

>It can't really be that bad though, right?
It isn't. Don't get memed. I had a 2007 335i, arguably the most unreliable as it was an early production model. Never had any issues after 3 years.

Infiniti interiors are fucking shit with pleb-tier leather. My roommate has some Infiniti SUV and I cringe every time I get in. Noticeably worse than my Lexus.

>I DD a nx200t and people think that i'm fucking rick ross or something
No they don't. I haven't received one complement on my IS 350, so there's no way you're getting looks with that... thing.

I get a compliment once in a blue moon on my GS350

I'll take reliability over higher quality interior every day of the week

I'm not shilling the BMW. Just came here to tell people how underwhelming Infiniti interiors are.

Waist of trips, Satan. Holy shit. First of all, fake leather doesn't count as luxury. Second, Most reliable? I know you are the devil incarnate, but even you know that shit is beyond unfunny and fucked up. And you deal with tormented souls on a day to day basis.

EVEN THE LUGNUTS ARE DESIGNED RETARDED I MEAN LOOK AT THIS

That part by wiper control stalk where the horrible plastic crease is always reminds me how cheap bmw interiors always are.

Oh boy, where should I start ?

Just about any petrol bmw
>Water pump failure
>High oil consumption
>Timing issues ( especially the tensioner )
>Turbo issues

Diesel engines
>Timing issues
>Turbos crap out very fast very soon
>Water pump issues
>Fuel pump fails

xDrive system
>1st gear tends to crap out and there are no replacement parts available right now, you need a new gearbox

A yeah, did I mention the fact that for the timing chain you need to remove the whole engine ?

>did I mention the fact that for the timing chain you need to remove the whole engine ?
Lol. Thought I was reading about an Audi for a second.

The current F10/F30 generations require removing the whole engine.
You are thinking of 2005's Audi where you had to pull the whole engine from the front.
On modern BMWs you have to lift the engine up.
How much such an operation costs you in a slav country ? 900 euros.
Got an xDrive system on ur BMW ? That would be 300 more euros for you bub.

We just figured out in the Audi thread today that 4.2 chain job is $17,500 through the dealer. That's suicide-worthy.

why stealership ? Ah yeah, if we're talking stealership prices, the timing replacement costs triple. 3-4000 euros ( depending if you have xDrive or not )

A fucking OEM fuel pump for the 2.0L M47 BMW engine ( used in the E46 and E39 ) costs 1700 euros. A non-OEM, just as good fuel pump ? 400 euros.
Not counting the labor, just the part.

The $17,500 (US) was referring to the Audi m8. Just out of curiosity went to the dealer's website chat thingy and asked their service rep.

What i was trying to say is that if a timing job on a 2.0L l-4 can cost 4000 euros, 15000 euros on a 4.2L V8 is not that scary. But yes, the price is way too inflated because they are stealership and they can !

Btw, had a guy once with a Continental GT, a regular check-up ( all oils + filters + brake pads ) - 5000 euros.
And another guy with a Mercedes GL350, same job, 2200 euros.

Fuck.

Your opinion is wrong, neck yourself my dude

how often do you need to replace the timing chain?
if you buy one new (ie youre not a Veeky Forums busrider and can actually afford to own a new one) then you could sell it by the 100k. driven normally that should be around 5-6 years anyway

i dont really see a problem with that for the actual people who buy it, not some low-life yurofuck who can only afford to buy my used shit

Depends on the manufacturer really.
Lowest point is at 120k km ( i dunno - 70k miles ? ) for low-displacement TSI VAG engines ( 1.2 and 1.4 )
The average is at 150k km ( recommended )
The special BMW timing chains need replacement at 200-250k km ( depending on model really )

I hate BMWs because every Normie and their grandma drives one and they think they're hot shit

Lexus or overpriced garbage I wanted to forerunner but I looked at the Lexus version and it was basically uglier more expensive and Gaudier

This looks worse than the new Toyota interiors which are widely regarded as being horribly designed this year.

Is BMW a meme?

All of these upper tier import brands are horrible. they're overpriced. Higher performing a Toyota or Honda are better deals than splurging for the badged up version

WTF is a timing chain. I have a 2007 Toyota Tacoma and other than oil changes and one rear diff servicing I've never done any other kind of major service or repair so this is all foreign sounding to me it has over 220,000km on it

Man, I love BMWs, owned several, but.... Lexus??? I'd own a Lexus over a BMW any day of the week.

>reliable

only because leases are two years at a time, poorfag

it keeps the valves in time with the pistons m8y

and usually they dont need replaced till well into the 200k mile range

mine only now is streched and starting to rattle at 300k miles

you sound like my boss from work.He had 7 series tho. Owned it for two years until he had replaced almost every single part twice and sold it and got civic.

>bimmers the most reliable luxury cars

Low-energy bait.

they're also the cheapest RWD car you can buy by a mile. Even cheaper than commie cars here.
You have a wide selection of up to 2009 cars under 10 grand.

>335i
>stock

i aint no fuckin normie i know what i got

that's why Toyota specialized in heavy duty parts that take alot of punishment before going down. For people like you.

Except for the 2.0 and 2.2 D-4d engine which were a massive kek and with BMW-tier reliability.

Not him, but a 15 sec 1/4 mile is garbage. Anything in the low 13s / high12s is starting to get fast

Cadillac is the way to go

>All of these upper tier import brands are horrible
Eh... I got a loaner ES 350 recently and it was actually really nice in there. Way better than any Infiniti I've been in. Is your money better spent elsewhere? Well, that really is a personal thing.

I can concur with this poster. i had a '10 335i w/ sport pkg. Luckily, I bought an extended warranty for $2k that paid out nearly $20k in warranty work. Awesome car to drive, might be the most balanced vehicle I've ever owned: excellent power, top-tier steering, and I averaged 25 mpg in combined driving. Reliability is absolute shit though.

Examples of items that were replaced before 80k miles: turbo, wastegates, water pump, low pressure fuel pump, HPFP (covered under BMW warranty, actually), O2 sensors, radio...just the beginning.

Tbh, if you're set on getting it, just get it over with. I was totally set on buying a 335 and had to get it out of my system. You might have better luck with an N55 motor (which I believe is 2011+). GL!

in Europe they're great and convenient, in the States they're only as good as the warranty they come with. After that everything becomes autistically overpriced.

>is BMW a meme?
>yes.

I have both n54 and n55 and it's no better for me. I had the every part of the n55 cooling system replaced so far and right now it's at BMW because A fueling issue.

the new f30 interior seems alot better

>What i was trying to say is that if a timing job on a 2.0L l-4 can cost 4000 euros

huh

on what fucking engine does it cost $4k?

Audi inline 4's with a timing belt in the front and a timing chain in the back. 4k seems like a high mark tho.

The older engines that were built like this were bulletproof, newers not so much. The maintenance on the older ones was also easier.

Why is it that any German car parts cost an arm and a leg? What exactly warrants the price they charge, superior German parts quality?

>timing belt in the front and a timing chain in the back

the fuck?

even my LS430's belt job was $700 for parts and labor.

>What exactly warrants the price they charge, superior German parts quality?

obviously not, since judging by the reliability of german cars, oem parts quality is garbage.

it honestly makes no sense to me and unless i somehow have enough money to literally heat my house with $100 bills, i'd never do anything but lease a german car.