Challenger Srt Demon 200 less than a Hellcat, pairing lightweight suspension...

Challenger Srt Demon 200 less than a Hellcat, pairing lightweight suspension, wheels and brakes with a single-seat interior.
>One seat why... is this true
200 pounds sounds like a lot of weight, until you realize a Hellcat weighs near 4500 lbs
youtube.com/watch?v=7hb3PLfhYfU

Other urls found in this thread:

thedrive.com/new-cars/8781/dodge-challenger-srt-demon-uses-the-ac-to-cool-the-engine
youtube.com/watch?v=j7oKfwSV3hQ
youtube.com/watch?v=19Wpp_HQ6Dg
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3pj0u79vw8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

200lbs less that a Hellcat...

>needing to gut your interior to make your performance car weigh less than 2 metric tons

>literally 600 lbs heavier than a gt350r
pushcucks. when will they learn?

it's a drag car user.

Not once has Dodge ever advertised any Challenger as a track car. It's a modern day muscle car. If you're worried about weight then get a Viper. The Viper is a track car, the Challenger is not.

>Copypasta
You have got to hand it to Ralph Gilles... the Chief Designer for Chrysler... he is an absolute performance enthusiast, as well as a very fine designer... unique as all, get out. No one has done more than Ralph to rescue Chrysler from the evils of Mercedes Benz and the goddamn "Venture Capitalists" than Ralph. He graduated from the Center for Creative Studies where he studied Automotive Design and learned about Design History, which he also knows. So give Ralph some credit! He was president for a short while, but why would anyone wand that when it's a lot more fun battling in the trenches. In the history of Automotive design he stands out as singular.

dodge is cringey desu

A car by madmen for madmen
>thedrive.com/new-cars/8781/dodge-challenger-srt-demon-uses-the-ac-to-cool-the-engine

I'm glad Italians took over

and the m4 gts has no rear seats, who cares?

very much agreed. Great designer, bit of an SJW tho

you are just mad u cant get 6.4l in europe

4500lb car 1 seat,$80,000
>OK

nah i'm american i can get whatever the fuck v8 i wanted if i was a retard

Meh, 4500lbs is ok. Compact 4 cylinder cars weigh around 3200-3400.

>Not once has Dodge ever advertised any Challenger as a track car

ITT: stop not liking what I like

SEAT...?

>being this mad that based FCA offers a single-seater

I don't see any track there user

being this stupid

Just like the Poo in the loo's
>The cheapest PKR 50 thousand smart car arrives in Pakistan?

Like this

That looks more like a destruction derby than a track.

Just install one? What, were they dumb enough to sit the driver dead-center or something? Doesn't look like it from the pictures.

I agree it's stupid though, we all know most Challengers sold never make it to a dragstrip or track. They're purely status symbols in most cases, I wouldn't expect the Demon or Hellcat to be any different.

>tfw yurocuck
>tfw they're 150k+tip in EU
>tfw will never own a glorious Hellcat Challenger with 707hp of MERKIA FUCK YEAH

yet there are several videos of Hellcats at the track (getting destroyed by Teslas)

Hellcat values are going down once the Demon hits

>the minority of Hellcats that actually get to go to a track represent all of them
>even then they get the doors blown off of them by a wind up toy
fuck, lmao

>yet there are several videos of Hellcats at the track (getting destroyed by Teslas)
cherry picked runs of americans who cant shift
and still the electric awd toy still cant win

to be fair its mostly because the drivers are fucking idiots who whether try to launch on street tires or simply dont know how to drive

>cant shift

most Hellcats are automatic

that car is also on drag tires

P100D runs 10.7s too

>that car is also on drag tires
and? its a drag strip

>muh awd toy that costs 50k more
lmao. the hellcat and shed some weight and up the boost, run 9s without a hassle. what can the tesla do? nothing LMAO

>takes a stripped supercharged V8 to beat a 5000 lb luxury sedan

real impressive

>one seat, no comfy at all
>still heavy as shit
American Engineering at it best

Not in EU though

>takes a 150k awd 690hp electric car geared for 0-60 and 1/4 mile acceleration to beat a 30k dodge family sedan with some upgrades and fancy trim (plus cost for those upgrades and fancy trim)
roflamo literally cant make this shit up

>car made for dragracing
>lose the 1/4mile to comfy porsche which old people use for weekend trips to the sea
>burgers assmad again

>dodge literally can't compete with a rc car
LMAO. btfo.

That's where Batman keeps the Tumbler...

It's called a gimmick. People buy them.

10.9 is slower than 10.7 :^)

The model s goes through the quarter in 10.7 seconds. so yes, dodge's pushshit sedan can't compete. rotflmao btfo

Question:

What moron would buy this rather than just stripping the interior and putting drag slicks on the much cheaper normal hellcat

there is more to the Demon than that

Assume logic is not a deciding factor on their intended demographic. It becomes clearer.

It's like Porsche charging an extra ten grand to remove the stereo for you.

>Strip the interior to the point of leaving just 1 seat
>Still over 4000pounds

Fucking dodge making all that marketing bullshit over what is just a fat Cobra jet or Copo.

10.72 :^)

>Hey guys, look, we made the air con cool the engine and we stripped it out so much it only has 1 seat!
>$80k
>High 10s

Or you can make a foxbody do 9s for under $20k, and then spend $60k on a cruiser that isn't fat as all fuck

I think Veeky Forums is too retarded to grasp this car or any other factory performance vehicles for that matter

its 80k for a car that will run mid low 10s or even 9s reliably with modern comforts tech and safety all backed by a warranty

no one cares about your cobbled together shitbox

>modern comforts tech and safety
>1 seat

Nice try fca shill, but you're not convincing anyone that this is a street car.

And nobody cares about some stupid boomer fuck going 'muh investment' and taking their 100-miles-per-year overpriced pig mobile on the track and running a time achievable by a fucking civic built in the backyard by a 17 year old

This piece of shit is heavy, slow, expensive, unreliable and looks dated as fuck because it hasn't been updated in a decade

its not even that crazy

this is a street car in the US

not my fault you guys are ignorant af

0/10

Yes that's the perfect car to go to work, fucking retard. Just because you can drive it on the road doesn't mean it's a street car.

Im sorry what

if it drives on the road legally that makes it a street car

fucking lmao@you

>80k for this ugly, comically heavy pos with one seat and no a/c

and this is street legal here

yeah its legal in the US too

and slow af compared to that Camaro

try tracking the camaro

ok it runs 6s at over 200 mph

its kinda a car made to go fast at a track

track =/= drag strip

try cornering with an ultima gtr and with a funny car

It has AC. In addition to keeping you cold they use it for chilling the intercooler instead of having a cold water spray or whatever.

this is legal over here too

that car is slower than a handful of cars in the US now

that Camaro included

and these are cars that drive on the road for a thousand miles making passes all week

he has to beat 5.85 to get his record back

>150k+tip
kek

Why can't Americans drop one of their massive v8 engines into a small chassis?

>hasn't been updated in a decade
>still looks better than 90% of the cars in the market
really makes you think, it's like Dodge's designs are timeless and it's a modern classic

That is a small chasis

this is legal over here too
youtube.com/watch?v=j7oKfwSV3hQ

>150k+tip

How to spot an americunt.

Yeah I can't imagine why a car meeting modern safety regulations would be heavy.

>a retro styled tribute to the muscle car era looks dated

Ahh shit you are right they should have just pulled a GM and make it look like a transformer with no windows

Yurop tho

>ze delegates herr Donald

Sorry, I don't quite get you

Oh, sorry, don't really follow us politics

>such is life in Yuropooria

It's more memes than politics tbqh
youtube.com/watch?v=19Wpp_HQ6Dg

Looks like an airstrip which to me means drag race? I'm sure it's some racetrack or something by the way your shitposting so just tell us what it is

>10.7 in a production car

Wow that's pretty fucking quick.

It was clearly a joke you dense cunt.

Factory warranty

>MERKIA FUCK YEAH
funny that you mention it
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3pj0u79vw8

God bless the US :).

You would think Veeky Forums would welcome a 1 seat car. It's not like anyone on here drives with passengers anyways

The Tesla gets two runs in maybe three before it goes into safe mode. Tesla is specifically designed to run the quarter as fast as possible, it immediately runs out of steam after the quarter.
Theres no shame in losing to the fastest production sedan ever.

>damage control
the post

what damage, the Tesla is fast AF. but also costs over 100k and can only do it a few times before charging.
All cars have advantages and disadvantages, buy whatever makes you happy, or just shit all over whatever makes other people happy. Its easier to be a critic on the internet than to like something.

>and can only do it a few times
If a "few times" counts as over 30 times without affecting 0-60 performance then sure.

no you cannot run the quarter all night in ludicrous mode on a single charge
your cherry picking the 0-60 because you already know running the full quarter requires somewhere in the range of 3x the battery used

what? yes, you can. it just takes a few minutes for the car to cool and you do it again and again and again.

>fanboy
the post

Chebby exorcist

not an argument

>hennessy

Chebby 572 has come to deliver us all

(race gas only pls)

Judging by the mysterious green underglow below the old R/T, it's not even a real photo.

No you can't. What autism is this? It's an electric car that can't do 10.7s more than 2-3 times without requiring more electric. AND it has to be cooled between each.

yes, you literally can. memes spread by autists on Veeky Forums aren't true.