/ng/ - Nioh General

Fake mustache edition
We're also in dire need of new fan art!

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/iDcwJWuy

Freed from this mortal coil;

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/9bYH0Nf8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tome best girl

Tome is my waifu!

If you used any onmyo during the final onmyo dojo challenge, you are literally a shitter.

Real men beat Nue to death with a stick and a stick alone.

This information about graves and revenants should be on op
pastebin.com/9bYH0Nf8

the dev helmet list should be too also get rid of the beta guide

Shit like this is why I am always confused. Which is the better weapon?

Both are shit, left is less shit because Familiarity A+ and Heart A+.

Muramasa
>lower level
>less familiarity
Seems pretty clear to me

the one on the right obviously.

if they were the same level, the left one
as they are, the right one

use the right one to level up the left one

Anyone have any tips for a spirit build? I'd really like living weapon to stay up as long as possible and I am using spirit scaling for everything.

probably the most retarded soulsbab thing i ever heard

>needing to touch the controller to beat the game

Playing through the final mission, it's pretty fun desu, the Nobunaga and Kelly fights were fun, this hydra looks coo-

Oh.. it's fucking bullshit.

How do I cheese it?

>ur a retard for not being a magical crutch-using baby
Top argument, literal shitter.

you can't
it's just a long shitty fight of waiting for the hydra to come within range, while 3 other hydras jizz magic at you from directions you can't even see

Git gud.
Also, in legends Orochi was defeated using sake

If you make it break one of the crystals, the head that attacked it will gets stunned and fall down

>just run into their faces so they try to nip u then run back out
Doom pro strats never fail me

So the "three legendary spears of Japan" are
>Otegine
>Hinomotogo
>???
What's the last one?

Use elemental protection sake. After every attack, the heads will move in melee range of the edge.

Ultimate cheese: Chew spirit stones all fight.

i sloth everything.

Tonbokiri.

No way to cheese it.

Kill the first head, then hang back right in the corner by the right-hand amrita boulder with your guard up. After the right side head attacks, run in and smack its body a few times. Repeat until that one dies.

Then go for the next head to the right, so you leave a gap between you and the head behind you. Repeat the tactic; hang back, bait attacks and run in for a few hits on the body then retreat. Do it right and it works without fail.

It's SUPER easy. Don't use spirit scaling, you don't need 99 spirit. You want, AT MAX, 51 spirit. If you're level 300+ then obviously 99 everything but for getting to a certain point, 51 is the max you want to go. After that spirit bond is only increased by 15 points and don't do shit. Invest into your weapon scaling stat instead (99) and have change to attck for that stat.

Other than, amrita earned on everything, pleaidas talisman, spirit stones equipped in case you run out during traveling, suzaku spirit, some defense, and good to go. DON'T get Life or on armor, living weapon doesn't calculate health, only defense, so since you're in living weapon mode all day, any health on gear is useless, body is useless, and axe passive is useless.

>pastebin.com/9bYH0Nf8
Yea, the one on the left is the better weapon if soul matched to 120. Hell, with the A+ heart / senpai bonus, it's possibly better anyway.

However, Paralysis sucks for bosses (and in general I'd say). Reforge for water if you can.

I presume you're dumping points into Heart and doing a 1kat build?

Getting a good weapon is as easy as farming a ton of fucking revenants at your level (or higher).

How many regions are in this game so far? I'm currently at the third one and it feels like im at the end of the game or something

I slothed everything in the final level except the honorabru Nobunaga fight.
Then slothed Kelly because fuck him I want my spiritfu back

You're in for a ride

evade attack, water sword the neck, repeat 8 times, don't get hit by fucking lightning bullshit

>A+ heart / senpai bonus

Kelly deserves every debuff in the game because you don't steal another man's waifu.

i do this thing where i spin in a circle and hope i hit the boss

hahaha, idk what the fuck happened there. I meant Familiarity...

Word filter happened

Everybody knows, family.

>he doesn't know about the filters
How new are you?

Spin 2 Win!

weird, wonder what triggered it? I've been on Veeky Forums forever, know about word filte

Ha ha ha

How do I pronounce Giant Toad?

So how does Carnage + Steel work? Does steel ovverride Carnage debuff or are they different?The word filter turns "senpai" into senpai and "tBh" into desu

>The word filter turns "senpai" into senpai
wew lad I'm retarded
"f a m" into senpai

baka desu senpai

Gianto Toadu.

how do you pronounce giant centipede?

Thanks other dude just hurled insults at me for trying to make the build. I will take the advice to heart A+

Do any weapons work better with an onmyoji heavy build or are they all more or less the same? I feel like sword/spear would be okay since they're based off of stats you would be investing in anyway but I'm not fully sure if it matters that much.

well now I'm wicked confused... cause I thought I wrote Heart / Familiarity, but maybe all this Nioh playing / thread reading has corrupted my brain.

how long did it take you guys to getting ogress smithing text?

How long did it take you to get a yasakani magatama Veeky Forums? Why is it such a fucked drop chance?

all weapons can work, i did pure onmyo / spirit on my first playthrough and used 1kat/2kat.

Well there's a 2kat with onmyo magic scaling, so there's that

6 tries
just as RNG as any other

2 hrs and i gave up

i get like 3 per hour using the wall glitch method, my first yasakani came like 10 minutes after i unlocked ng+ when i went back to get missed kodamas on hino enmas stage.

>do coop
>4,5m amrita (no farming gear)
>5,3k glory
Ayy

I didn't even try for mine

I'm scared for my second character though

>no monkey spirit
am I missing something?

Also, should I get 20 in every stat after I beat the game, just so I can do all the dojo missions?
And how do I farm f a m iliarity with all weapons? I've used 1kat through the whole game

Just do the dojo missions and then respec

I got one as a reward for the Gift for Tachibana side mission in NG+. I wondered what all the fuss was about, but I know I just got extremely lucky.

How rare are these smithing texts? I've been killing Ii and trying to get his spear for about 20 minutes and nothing has dropped

So if you do coop while your on Way of the Strong do you get matched with other people doing Way of the Strong or is it just random chance that you do

YES

only went back and did the dojo missions now when i'm half way through ng+
the mystic arts you get are so fucking good

yeah I guess

ty mate

If I'm not mistaken, nip traditional folklore doesn't give as much of a shit about monkey as traditional chinese.

Depends on what you choose to search.
If you select nothing, then its completely random.

zero point farming li
it's on every second revenant so you always have a full set

What exactly does the 'lower level limit' bonus you get from the blacksmith do? My forged stuff comes out at random +

Do you need to do the dojo missions for the "all missions completed" cheevo? I already did the dual swords one for the side-mission with Musashi

You need all dojo missions to get the plat trophy anyway

I'm guessing they patched out the infinite living weapon builds? It was working until I just restarted the game and installed the patches. Thank god I didn't update earlier, those double boss fights are just fucking annoying.

Will the item on the ground say "yasakani magatama" or just magatama?

>90% of ng+ revs are wearing red memon or kingo
>still running around in youngblood
I literally haven't seen a single revenant wearing this set since region 3. Am I playing the game wrong? Am I missing something? The first thing I did when I hit ng+ was forge full divine youngblood.

yasakani magatama

It does exactly what it says? Ups the lower level limit for forging
It's kinda useless, I'm pretty sure at some point in NG+ all forge items become lvl150

Most likely DLC when they bring in Toyotomi Hideyoshi, who's nickname was literally Monkey.

Thanks.

Youngblood is just meh. It doesn't have set bonuses and I don't think you can reach 200 toughness with it

do living weapon skills trigger kara jishi's buff?

>And how do I farm f a m iliarity with all weapons?

Seconding this, just need to get dual swords up because for some reason they thought it was a good idea to attach a mission to them.

Whetstones are your friend.

Giant skelly mission is pretty good for this, I guess. That's how I've been doing it, I need gargantuan bones anyway

if you mean proficiency, get some wooden weapons they give 70%-100% extra proficiency gain. you'll need someone to drop them for you.

How?

He is dead

Anyone have a good watermelon samurai axe they could drop me? Or tatenashi armor?

>Wirriam uses Kelley's spiritfu in cutscene
>we can't use in the game

So is Nobunaga

Oh that sucks... I thought it'd be useful.

So, should I be putting points into either of those if I'm not really crafting gear until NG+

His son, Hideyori, fought in the Siege of Osaka

Not really.
Do put points into soul matching/reforging though

i got two randomly just by playing the game and third one i got after 5 minutes of the glitch in the bath mission

Yea, I dun fucked up then... I was thinking it would add + levels to 150 created items.

Any way to refund? I'd much prefer soul matching / reforging for the long-game....

>79% item drop rate
>100 luck
>20 ogress runs, half ng, half ng+
>still no smithing text for mask

WTF AM I DOING WRONG?

>Any way to refund?
I don't think so
Forged tems can be +1 right off the bat by the way, but that pretty rare

i have a fried chicken axe with A+ stam
but i'm going to bed, sorry

>100 luck
laughing kodamas.jpg