/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, February 28th:
202 BC – Coronation ceremony of Liu Bang as Emperor Gaozu of Han takes place thus initiating four centuries of the Han dynasty's rule over China.
1246 – The siege of Jaén ends in the context of the Spanish Reconquista resulting in the Castilian takeover of the city from the Taifa of Jaen.
1710 – Battle of Helsingborg: 14,000 Danish invaders under Jorgen Rantzau are decisively defeated by an equally sized Swedish force under Magnus Stenbock. This is the last time Swedish and Danish troops meet on Swedish soil.

>News
CK2 DD41 - Secret Religious Cults
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-41-secret-religious-cults.999496/

EU4 - 14/02
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-14th-of-february-2017.999636/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-february-2017.1001995/
pastebin.com/YCQD90vn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BASED

W&B

Absolutely white and absolutely based.

Based and white, as always.
Although filthy plebs still ignore the holy advice.

sweeeet

>Hello, I'm Yohann
>I can't come up with new and innovative gameplay mechanics so I'm just gonna copy old ones
>Also since we need to sell DLCs for the next 4 years, we will just bloat in shit that wasn't needed and that we won't be able to change in the future

more criticism of that economic model would be welcomed, /r/paradoxplaza, cant do everything ourselves

>any pagan can claim mandate of heaven
Last dlc i could
>WE WUZ ROMANS
Now i can
>WE WUZ CELESTIAL
Will they add new fetish for eastern religions?

paradoxplaza is shit anyway. I tried to read some of their new-wave V2 AARs. it's utter shit. liek that american one: put in anime reference, pander to your base and be shit at the game - TIMELESS SUCCESS WITH BOTS PRAISING YOU ENDLESSLY

Do you make threads 50 posts early just to make sure you get your spam in?

>deleted
kek

Thanks doc

>be Russian
>be rich
>still can't afford decent shoes

Where can I download Arms, Armistice and Revolutions for DH? It's not in the archive and I can't find working links on google.

He's here

Ok, it's time for that first time Russia playthrough.

So, Russia should be pretty easy to play? Is there anything I should know before I get going?

I'm like 200 hours in to EU4, currently playing as Russia

what the fuck am I doing wrong? I consistently lose every battle against similarly-matched powers and I don't understand why

I'm at military level 11 and the horde is at military 14 (fucking institutions haven't reached me yet and it's almost 1600)

I had 60k~ troops with a 5:2:3 unit makeup and I lost against 35k~ horde troops

does 3 military levels really matter that much even though I have defensive ideas?
is my composition wrong?
I had a 4/4/3/2 general in the army too, I thought I was going to win for fucking sure
fighting is literally the only part of this game that I don't understand

>not updated with the new dev diary
Great stuff bitchshit
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-february-2017.1001995/

Horde units > your units early game.
Religious ideas will be necessary to convert all the Sunni land

>does 3 military levels really matter that much
Yes, if you're behind on tech, esp. if you're behind on Tactics or unit type tech, you'll get your shit pushed in.

then what am I supposed to do as russia when institutions are suck halfway across the world and I'm sitting here with an 80% penalty?

I see I'm surrounded by that filth. That will be so annoying, I hate converting in my games. So religious first idea, right? Might as well get started right away, I suppose. Is it a bad or a good thing that Poland didn't go for the PU with Lithuania?

How do you annex Egypt in HPM? I was playing and France got all of Egypt out of nowhere, is it a event like Madagascar?

Eat Johan alive beause he's a fucking dumbass
Show Mali's tech if you can see them.

How come you have a different russia flag?

It's a good thing imo. Made it easier to eat Lithuania.
I usually go Expansion first, get that colonist to start colonising Siberia, but you do whatever you think is best.

Can't see them but they probably have it since it started in Granada 75~ years ago

when you cap certain provinces and get 10 admin tech you turn muscovy into actual russia

it's in your national decisions

Yes but that's not vanilla russia flag. You must have a mod, right?

Ok good.

So should I be worrying about institutions? I haven't really grasped the mechanics of it yet, but I never worried since I always play in europe. But now, is it time to worry?

oh yeah I do
forgot I just installed it an hour ago
it's the top rated flag mod on the workshop

I see, thanks for the tip. Ironman friendly right? I see your achievements are on.

You're going to be behind no matter what. Russia has an idea that increases institution spread though, and you can develop a province to force the institution to be present there, but that can get really expensive really fast

A lot behind or just a couple of techs behind?

I find it easier to eat the development cost versus the stacking tech one. And it has the upside of making you a decent chunk of change more per month.

Easily 120-130% cost.
Yeah but monarch mana is important for more than just teching and development

yeah

So Darkest hour with kaisereich crashes everytime on startup. Gets about 3/4 of the way loaded then just crashes. I have forced compatability and 16bit colors still nothing works. Any suggestions? I am on w10.

Reposting from last thread:
I want to do a CK2 AAR, but I only like doing meme-y stuff. Would you rather watch:

Occitan count>King of Cathar Aquitaine, perhaps also uniting the Basque and Catalan peoples
>or
Norse>Prepared invasion of North Africa or Andalusia, become Christian (possibly republic)
>or
Lithuania>Pagan Meme Emperor of the East

I fancy myself a somewhat competent writer, and want to take it semi seriously (I used to do quests but left because the /qst/ community was somehow even more cancerous than the Veeky Forums quest community)

What mod

Where did you fight them?
Hordes get a shock bonus when fighting on steppes

steppes

>he likes memes
Start as a custom, female character in CK2+ or HIP, hellenic pagan, in that one county in Latium that isn't Papal States. Form Roma, and yes, you will have to attack the Papal States. Make sure your first duchy is Latium, don't form any before it.

There's memes, and then there's insanity lad. But fuck it why not, I'll give it a start when I get home in 45 minutes or so.

So what are the best military idea groups for EU4? I can't decide between taking offensive and defensive or quality and quantity.

If someone could give me a quick rundown I would very much appreciate it - thanks.

Make sure to give her stats 30+ all around and start off married otherwise you won't be able to have a husband of the appropriate culture and religion. Make her name Cornelia Aureola and her surname Invicta.

wew

You know I thought I'd quickly burn this out and get into a real game afterwards, but I'm actually kind of excited to dive into this shitstorm of autism and cheating. Suggest some good, thematic events/event stacks

>Suggest some good, thematic events/event stacks
Are you meant to be writing your own events or something?

offensive so far more useful than anything, unless you're KANZ or native.

humanist is better, youll worry less about convertion and youll have less separatism.

Which focus is the historical focus for Japan, conquer China or puppet China?

It just took me half a day to just add a few states to the game, am I autistic or are they autistic ?

Nah I'm too lazy for that, figured I'd just repurpose some regular pagan ones.

develop a single procice until you get it the institutions.

It should only take a few minutes max to do a single one...

Get mired halfway in China because lolnoroads

I mean with research and stuff I think it took way too much time

do you guys wish to be able to change the past?

>tfw you will never use a time machine to save anne frank

>tfw you will never use a time machine to fuck anne frank

I wonder who's behind this post...

I wish I could go into the past, tell my younger self about the future and impart future knowledge, and do it over and over again until I ascend to a higher plane of existence due to having hundreds of years of snowballed knowledge suddenly imparted to me.

Playing EU3 trying to unite japan and I have a question.
I'm Fujuiwara (the northern clan) and I just claimed the Taira throne. Pressed it in war and now have PU with Taria clan. But it says on monarch death a Taria noble takes the throne. How do I keep the PU or absorb their land?
New to EU3. No mods running.

>conquer all the countries in West Africa that have tropical wood
>build luxury furniture factories
>win the game

Wew, why do people say vicky's hard again?

>just x in game
>then y
>therefore z
Why do people say {GAME} is hard again?

True. Still, if you are especially far away, like in Asia, it's much easier to just take that hit. Putting it off ends up leaving you with less monarch points then you would have had if you had just gotten the institution early.

The main downside is being unable to control how it spreads, especially to enemies.

Do you have positive prestige and positive relations with them?

Prestige yes. Relations no.

how do i git gud in hoi3?

With which is better to start Vicky: Kaiserreich, NWO or HPM?
Also looking at Ultimate, because 100 years seems to small and 400 years in eu4 is never enough for me.

Couple easy steps
1. Get comfortable with the OOB system
2. You are now gud at hoi3
Nice and simple

NNM or no mods. maybe get the unofficial patch from the hpm pastebin.
100 years is more than enough fucking eufag

ty

What's best ships for sinking enemy ships and protecting my coastline?

You need to have positive relations else the PU will break, and you also won't have a chance of inheriting them.

Ultimate is a meme mod, NWO isn't really balanced. If you feel that 100 years is too short you can just extend vanilla's end date, you can play for several more decades before the economy breaks.

Okay thanks. It's only -5 relations and they're just pissy I stomped them.

Fogot to say the game is vicky 2

>wew
we get it dude you go on Veeky Forums

>you can play for several more decades before the economy breaks.
It actually breaks?

After years of playing HOI3 I've come back and started Black Ice inb4 >black ice

I'm a little confused about how division composition works in it. I notice for example the standard UK infantry division is roughly:
>Infantry Regiment
>Command/HQ
>AT Detachment
>AA Detachment
>Artillery Detachment
>Recon element of some form (Armoured cars, Motorbike recon etc)
>Trucks / other transport stuff

But I can't seem to find or work out what the specific advantages of some of these brigades are. I.e in the vanilla game, 3INT + 1ART worked well as a line infantry division because it gave enough strength and artillery took up no frontage. But now they do take up frontage but instead give %att/def bonuses which seems odd but fair enough).
But things like armoured cars/ scouts (not sure "spotting" is modeled in the land combat mechanics at all) and they give very little in stats, so what do they actually provide? The same goes for trucks, they just lower the combat stats of the division slightly. Anybody got any tips?

pastebin.com/YCQD90vn

>meme ice

Oh boy you sure got me good there 8/10

>have ten favors
>relationship with me is better than with my prospective enemy
>ally still refuses to go to war

What the fuck?

Anyone got the link to the kaiserreich hotfix patch?

He's not wrong, BICE is widely considered garbage here.

Yeah, I've never experienced it myself but I think goods eventually become so overproduced all the prices crash and there's a global recession, tons of unemployment, militancy etc. It's why NWO has the increased supply consumption events, since the pop rises by billions.

dont play that shit

You're playing a mod that is universally recognized to be unplayably bad, and asking for advice.

Fair enough. I found the non-modded game pretty boring in the end and just went for the first mod I could find. It seems to be ok so far in terms of adding more events and freshening things up a bit but I haven't played much yet.

Any particular reason why it's trash?

Actual bloat that adds nothing to the game and literal artificial difficulty in the form of magically spawning huge numbers of overpowered divisons in Soviet Russia.

Based Erdogan

Yeah in Asia or Africa it's easier but for Russia less so. Embargoing a nation should make institution spread less in bordering provinces.

t.urk

KR makes HOI4 actually good though

La Plata

is

a meme

I like this beard

turks are based

Do you guys play with all the DLC on for ck2? Haven't played in about a year so not sure which ones to turn off

tliquor