I'm about to buy a 2013 subaru brz limited for 12.5k. It has 75k mileage but only has one owner and no accidents...

I'm about to buy a 2013 subaru brz limited for 12.5k. It has 75k mileage but only has one owner and no accidents. Comes with subaru warranty. Am I making mistake? 22 year old getting my first sports car...

Inb4 underpowered, coming from a 2008 Altima

Pic related

12.5k? have they depreciated that much already? It seems like yesterday you couldn't find these things for less than 20k used

To be fair it's some guy really desperate to get rid of it that's in a financial crisis. Every other brz in my area is going for 16-18k with same.mileage

No. Save your money for a Mustang gt.

Get it but if you want room don't. I have a 2013 limited Brz with 68k mileage on it. The car runs great and isn't that slow. You have to remember this guy is super light. Its great on high way too.

This is so fucking blizzard. I actually had a dream I decided to buy a mustang gt instead. The problem is that they are over priced. The most comparable I could find was a gaudy gold 2011 gt with 80k mileage for 13k. I hate the stigma with mustangs though... and brz's seem very mod friendly

that is a really good deal and that is a fantastic first sportscar.

Bizzare*

I've been hearing that. My girl doesn't want me to get it because it's not a four door. But fuck kids not having them for at least 5 years

>But fuck kids not having them for at least 5 years
you are young enough to not need a 4 seat sub with 50 airbags for only so long.
Get that sportscar.

t. just got my dream cheap sportscar

Make sure you change the filter of the car if you buy it unless it has a intake. Fuckers don't change it and my car was driving slow until I changed it. Its fast for a economy car.

>brz's seem very mod friendly

This may be entering into the realm of subjectivety, but I'm waiting a couple more years for aftermarket support to develop before I buy one. Though there is one within 100mi of me with 120k miles going for $13.5k I might be able to talk down a bit. Maybe.

I dunno, just seems like most the sites I've found selling stuff for them insists on selling things in cancerous "stage" packages. I think the aftermarket for these is possibly still stuck in the vapelord phase, I don't know if it'll ever develop further.

If you're having to stretch your budget to get a shitty example you can't afford any of these cars. Buy a mint low mileage one or don't bother.

its a great 2 seater, dont expect it to be useful though

Noted thank you. He said he has taken very good care of it. He even put a good branded aftermarket exhaust and a Sti front lip

What do you mean by this? Like i said I'm 22 and don't want to buy a fucking camry or some other car I won't be happy with

Yeah I hear you. There is a supercharger kit for around 6k that has great reviews, I think it's cosworth. Greedy also makes a turbo kit for 3.5k i believe

>supercharger/turbo kits

I don't see why they don't just offer either as standard on these things. It'd take care of the memery and allow the 86/BRZ/FR-S/whatever the fuck to make comparable power/weight to an FD.

I wasn't planning on driving one without a turbo anyway, have driven my friend's FR-S around a bit and it is a decently fun car even without, though. Just wish it had a bit more acceleration.

Remember to flash the ECU to get rid of that pesky torque dip ;^).

That's a awesome price. The regular alternatives (S2000, Miata) would have the same mileage but be far older or not perform as well.

Go for it, OP. That's a awesome price.

Maybe because they want people to buy into the wrx sti market for "more power" idk. But I'll take note of that thanks

You're too young and too poor. Do you have a house? Do you have a good job? Do you have a 401k? Are you debt free? You deserve to keep driving your shitbox until you're financially stable.

don't listen to him. I drive 4 hours from my house to another town to work my "good" job 5 days a week and never see my car except for on weekends, which I spend doing work for my graduate courses I'm taking to try to get a better job.

Don't become a miserable wagecuck. Having a car you never get to have any fun with is as bad or worse than having a car you can't afford.

No house not a great job. But I'm debt free at 22. I figured once I sell my Altima I'll still have money to bank

>>>
> Anonymous 04/07/17(Fri)02:01:37 No.16969480▶
> #
>Noted thank you. He said he has taken very good care of it. He even put a good branded aftermarket exhaust and a Sti front lip
Because it has 12.5:1 compression, and would grenade itself even faster than cardboard Subaru boxmeme engines already do.

This car should have had a I4 turbo in it with 250hp stock

The torque dip is to make them fun so that the spare tire grade rears can break free when exiting highway off ramps into city intersections.

But muh fun car to drive slow but feel fast!

What about no torque dip and decent tires though?

The tail'll still get out on you if you push it enough, even with the torque dip, but without the car could be a bit more fun.
Normies just need to learn how to deal.

How much are your parents paying for it?

Thats an ok price if no boost. Dont boost btw itll die.

They are the new 240sx. Depreciation hit and untill they hit hs boy racer(100$-6k) prices they wont go up.

2013s had the most issues because it was the first year. You should be fine though

I've had an FRS for my DD for the last 3 years and it's been perfectly fine for everything, You can fit 4 wheels with tires mounted in it easily, or a 55" TV, or a pretty large grocery haul.

What do you like and dislike about it as a DD?

>They are the new 240sx
I wish, I can't stand to see the remaining clean/stock 240s destroyed by people wanting to make shitty drift missles

It still feels like those just came out. 75k miles on one, that's just mindbottling

Everyone with an even slightly sporty car sees you and wants to race. I've had plenty of people try to stop light race me or try to provoke a highway race while i'm just commuting to work trying to down my coffee, it really gets old.

That aside, the only real downside is it's a two seater, despite what the two 'seats' in the back would make you think. I'm only 5'11 and there's absolutely no way anyone is going to be able to use the driver back seat, I have had a couple friends in the car once, but it only worked because she's like 5'0 and just barely fit in the back, the rear window is really low and you're gonna smack your head on it if you're sitting in the back seat.

Stereo is pretty cheap too,and there's no sound deadening to speak of, so it's always noisy in the car.

All those aside, I'm quite happy with mine

>the two 'seats' in the back
Yeah, those things, with the front seats set to the rear-most position, leaves LITERALLY no legroom for those seats. It's kinda silly honestly

Op here. Should I pull the trigger man? He said 3 other people are interested and there's a good chance today is my window. Is 75k mileage going to be a big problem in 5 years? I estimate I will only put on about 20k

I doubt 3 other people are immediately interested, that's a classic dealer tactic to rush someone into an impulse buy.

I can't speak for milage, Mine's only got 46000KM on it, so just under 30k miles. I haven't had any problems with mine yet, and it's a pretty easy to work on car for a new model.

I'd take it for a test drive and see if you like it, at now point have I ever regretted getting mine, but that milage is a bit high, but I know there's people on ft86club or that reddit place that have 100k 86s and they're still fine

To be fair I live in New York and these cars are a rarity. The next car in a 3 state radius is like 17k-20k so I wouldn't be surprised if people are trying to scope this up to resell. 12.5k is nearly my entire life savings.

Push the gas pedal, lose torque.
Seems good.

No, you're not making a mistake. It's a great sports car. I own a 2013 FRS I bought new for 32k CAD.

It's a great car, a joy to drive. My only complaint is the torque dip, but because of the low end torque you never have to go above 3700rpm when daily driving anyways.
When you want to have fun, just rev it out, the dip doesn't last long.

It's better than not having low end torque at all. Which is why the port and direct injection system is good. You learn to drive around the torque dip.

My father said the same thing. I backed out of it. I think I'm gonna save my money and either go with a mustang gt or 370z

Daily reminder

>Am I making mistake?
Yes.
buy a good car instead

>Macpherson strut front suspension
>2017
>Not getting a car with full double wishbones and/or multi-link rear so your car doesn't bump steer around around corners and needs to be camber stanced like a vape lord for proper gain around corners

Just don't unless you're a sunday driver who wants rear drive

>everyone with an even slightly sporty car sees you and wants to race.
>200hp

I think you meant to say only people with slightly sporty cars try to race you.

Enjoy getting smoked by every civic, mazda3 and GTI.

Don't forget accord, maxima/Altima, and g30 series.

Remaining? The only remaining clean ones are auto. I recently saw an S14 that was clean. It was an auto.

You did good.

Same, it fits all my groceries in easily.
The only issue I have ever had is huge stuff that wouldn't even fit in a sedan and have had to hire a ute

Don't do it. You're not ready. Finance a more expensive one and put like 5k down if you must have one of these shitty cars.

12k for that car is the best deal I've seen on those BY FAR.

You could have literally bought that car then sold it and got 4k just on the flip

way to go faggot

this
Also good luck finding a 370z for any comparable price

Why not an HR 350z that is better in every way? Or find a 370z for a bit more?

>Z
>Better

just remember to always keep a 5qt of oil in your trunk and top it off when you get gas.

It is quantifiable better than a brz/frs in almost every way.

>faster
>one of the most reliable engines that exist
>better brakes
>better handling (.93 skid pad vs .86)
>bigger engine
>takes to mods better
>roughly same insurance
>about the same price used, 350z probably a little cheaper
>faster around the track

But please, tell me how your feelings make the br-z a better car

Only the HR had a small problem with that (as in SOME cars had the problem, it wasn't some massive recall issue), and Nissan replaced those under warranty. You could also get a 370 like I said.

350 is arguable, 370z is better no contest and if you had any sort of argument you wouldn't just be posting reaction images

I drive sports cars to have fun

My feelings do make the BRZ a better car because it feels more fun despite being worse on paper.

End of thread.

"feels more fun"
So you've never drive a 350 and frs then huh? They feel pretty similar, except one is way faster.

>but muhhh top gear reviews!!!!

Not him but the 350z drives like shit regardless of which is faster

>faster
Therefore a X5M is a better sportscar than a Cayman?
>one of the most reliable engines that exist
86 has no reliability issues
>better brakes
86 brakes just as easily because it's not as pigfat
>better handling (.93 skid pad vs .86)
Skidpan numbers have nothing to do with handling unless you're a retarded American. 86 outhandles the Z.
>bigger engine
So?
>takes to mods better
No it doesn't
>roughly same insurance
That's an equal
>about the same price used, 350z probably a little cheaper
Because it's worse
>faster around the track
See X5M vs Cayman

The 350Z is a worse car, it's actually less reliable, amazingly it has a worse interior than the 86, it has worse handling, is less practical and is less fun.

86 is far better

I cross shopped both and the Z just doesn't feel fun. Yes, it's faster but it's not inspiring, it just feels like more of a GT, the 86 though, it feels like a real sportscar and is completely engaging.
After driving both it was no contest

The 370z feels like a sports car that isn't slow, the 86 feels like a sports car BUT slow, the 350z just feels like shit all around

>What are gear changes: the post