How do you hold the gear stick?

How do you hold the gear stick?

Do you hold it more like the dude on the left as though he his jerking off a dick. or like the chick on the right where these is rubbing that precum all over the knob with her palm?

>not having paddle shift
get on with the times.

Like the chick, holding it like your dick is actually beta as fuck

open palm. so chick on the right.

Rubbing precum. People who rip their shifter back and forth should have their licenses revoked.

Resting your hand on the shifter damages your transmission.
This what manuelfag Veeky Forumstist told me.
I just shift with my telekinesic powers now.

>I just shift with my telekinesic powers now.
that's even gayer bro

>Resting your hand on the shifter damages your transmission.
>people still fall for this meme

I'm more interested in the car, I can't recognize that interior

Fiero with a bodykit.

Mazda?

What? That's the same shit like the "you have to hold the hand brake button when using it at all times" meme.

Can't get good road head driving stick.

Automatic transmission master race reporting in...

You can clearly see they really are not the same.

Yes you can, failcaptain. You or your "lady" friend must be some sort of blubber bearing mammal.

Depends on any random thing. Is the shift knob cold? Am I bored? Any combination of fingers on the tip or shaft get the job done.

It doesn't damage it in an acute sense, but it can lead to early wear of shift linkages over the lifetime of the car.

Also:
>not holding the wheel at 3 and 9 at all times like a true touge expert

If manuals are so fragile why doesn't everyone just drive an automatic?

It's not though. It's like purposefully shifting to D when reversing g and just pulling off. It puts unnecessary stress on components and is incredibly easy to avoid doing

I hold the gear stick when I'm shifting otherwise I don't touch it duh

Ah, I see your game now.

both

I jerk off going into 1st and 2nd gear. Open palm on 3rd and 4th. My gearbox feels weird now going into 5th gear so I never use that since I city drive anyways.

Renault Megane coupe cabriolet Floride edition

I never touch my palm or hand to the shifter, I just use my fingers to flick it then immediately back to the 3 o clock on the wheel

My grip varies depending on which gear I'm going into. Different motions require different parts of the hand applying pressure.

Another reason why girls who drive stick are the best.
>tfw you can give hj instructions to your gf by referencing what gear she'd be shifting into

I hold the gear knob like a two-seam fastball

>red white black
so masonic

ALWAYS hold the shifter at the top!

The #1 reason people mis-shift from 3rd into 2nd (possibly blowing their engine) is because they are pistol-gripping the knob (fingers on the right side of it). This is because when you pistol-grip it you are only rotating at the elbow, but when you hold it at the top you are rotating at the elbow AND slightly at the wrist, allowing for better left-and-right control.

Also, only touch the knob when you need to otherwise you are putting unnecessary load / strain on small moving parts.

imo it depends on what gear im going for

from first to second i do pistol grip second to third my hand is on the top third to forth i pistol grip again

this

5th to 6th i do some sort of reverse upside down pistol grip from the left.

I hold the shaft with my hand and the tip with my mouth

i put my fingers on the bar and pull to get to 2nd and 4th

>tfw have to palm push the shifter into 5th or risk snapping off the USB stick sticking out of the Stereo unit

The fuck are you talking about dude? I drive a small ass manual Integra and I get road head any time my and my girlfriend go on road trips. Your issue must be the ratio of amount of girl to amount of cabin space

I thought that only applied to direct linkage rather than cable linkage. I may be wrong so feel free to correct me