Where there any powerful men who were influenced by Nietzsche?

Where there any powerful men who were influenced by Nietzsche?

Other urls found in this thread:

thenietzschechannel.com/correspondence/eng/nlett-1887.htm
rubincenter.org/2010/12/strangest-antisemite-of-them-all-friedrich-nietzsche/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hitler? think he misunderstood the message

Yeah, pretty sure Nietzsche would have strongly objected to needless bloodshed. Especially of Jews, whom he considered vital contributors to Western civilization.

i think u misunderstood as well

Throughout his corpus, he has more negative things to say about anti-semites than about anybody else. He didn't like them.

Draft of a letter to his sister.

I've seen proof, black on white, that Herr Dr. Förster has not yet severed his connection with the anti-Semitic movement. … Since then I've had difficulty coming up with any of the tenderness and protectiveness I've so long felt toward you. The separation between us is thereby decided in really the most absurd way. Have you grasped nothing of the reason why I am in the world? … Now it has gone so far that I have to defend myself hand and foot against people who confuse me with these anti-Semitic canaille; after my own sister, my former sister, and after Widemann more recently have given the impetus to this most dire of all confusions. After I read the name Zarathustra in the anti-Semitic Correspondence my forbearance came to an end. I am now in a position of emergency defense against your spouse's Party. These accursed anti-Semite deformities shall not sully my ideal!!

thenietzschechannel.com/correspondence/eng/nlett-1887.htm

Yeah, he was really fond of Jews. I know. He said they were the backbone of Western civilization, and without them be would be much worse off.

And he looked down on his fellow Germans, he was more proud of his Polish roots. He stood for the complete opposite of what Hitler thought for the most part.

That's true, he saw Jews, Muslims and the Poles as the great elements of civilization, and saw Germans and Christianity as the enemies of greatness.

Hitler was extremely lazy as an "intellectual" and pretty much learned from memes.

What are you basing this on?

how can someone sound so pompous while signifying nothing of substance?

His own actions.
He bought all these massive "person libraries", but would read only a few, some of them picture books, like on types of hands and shit.

He wanted to be the spearhead of antisemitism, yet literally said he would leave the real intellectual work to the philosophers of the time. All he ever legitimately read on Anti-semitism was a few pamphlets in Austria.

There's dozens more of equally vacuous account, but my favorite is how he read an American series of children's books about a cowboy, then passed it on to among his military staff. "This is how the Americans fight!"

source: The Pyschopathic God: Adolf Hitler.

Lack of interest in topic.

Didn't he think Protestantism was worse than Catholicism as well, or?

>source: The Pyschopathic God: Adolf Hitler.

He hated Protestantism because Luther hated the Jews

Have you actually read the book? Much of its sources come from memoirs of those close to Hitler.

I think he just loved the group of people who he considered his race The people who were considered descendents of Germanic tribes. So he created a mythos around them and took it to an extreme

Accurate.
Nietzsche and Hitler share a more powerful, if indirect connection. Wagner.

One of the most cathartic moments of Nietzsche's life was during a Wagner concert. The music spoke to him of an ideal of Germany that was manifesting in the culture, and the man became physically sick. It was Wagner's antisemitism and German nationalism which turned Nietzsche's sister into a lapdog, breaking their relationship forever. And it was her edits of his work which helped it gain popularity in the Third Reich.

Hitler loved Wagner above almost all things in his interests. Even as the allegedly destitute young man in Austria, he would buy a concert single time he was being performed. Wagner's incorporation of German mythologies tickled Hitler down to his toes.

Thus, considering what occurred involving Hitler's reign, Nietzsche's absolute hatred of antisemites and Germany was given serious vindication in less than 50 years after this death.

No, not a single one.

Nietzsche is trash.

>Yeah, pretty sure Nietzsche would have strongly objected to needless bloodshed
t. everything i know about nietzsche comes from wikipedia

he's more insane than trash

Wagner was a shitty person, and its clear he based the character of Alberich on himself.

His music was legendary though, and there is more than antisemitism to be found there.

A good documentary called Wagner and Me by Stephen Fry where he reconciles his Jewish identity with his love for Wagners music and his antisemitism.

It's a good book, I read it. Don't judge a book by it's cover or title in this case.

Oh, not for second should anyone dismiss Wagner's musical legacy over his character. This should be a universal truth for any artist.

Who's "powerful" to you?

A ton of intellectuals, politicians, artists, etc. have read Nietzsche. All philosophers that came after him have. Einstein read him, Freud and Jung read him, Kubrick loved him, Hitler obviously, Japan has been teaching him in their universities since the very year he died (1900). There's so many more.

He hated Luther for a lot more than that. He thought that the Catholic church was returning to the hierarchical pagan roots of Europe and that Luther destroyed all of that. He "corrected" Christianity and restored it to its original message and ethos, which of course Nietzsche hated.

His writings are very sane and profound. The fact that he had a degenerative familial brain cancer that robbed him of his mind shouldn't be a mark against him.

Yeah I'm going to call bullshit on this one. Sounds like fucking propaganda. No offence.

>hitler
>gas the ubermensch

Nietzsche is overhyped I think. He's like a teenager who throws fits all the time because nobody gets him. Schopenhauer is better.

kek didn't help Luther was also german

I already sourced the book. You will either will investigate it or you will not. I found the author convincing and professional.

didn't he do a 180 on Wagner because he became a jew hater?

Wagner's so called antisemitism was a meme. He had plenty of jewish friends and colleagues.

>they were the backbone of Western civilization
Lmao since when does getting banished by every developed nation on the continent count as a contribution?

If Jewish influence had anything to do with social progress, Poland would be the cultural and economic heart of western civilization. Instead it's the Mexico of Europe and borders on third world living standards while its Nazi nextdoor neighbor enjoys the highest credit rating on the planet.

He was still a loudly outspoken Anti-Semite, just not a particularly consistent one.

wagner was tsundere because he was also half-jew

This is also attested to by Ian Kershaw's Hitler biography. He seems to have at least made the attempt or consistent claim to have read Schopenhauer during the war, but other than the part about Jews, Hitler never seemed to have made any clear references to Schopenhauer's ideas. Also, you know, he seemed hilariously oblivious to how much Schopenhauer would have shat all over NS.

He was basically a 19th century shitposter. He got assblasted by some of his contemporaries and wrote a long autistic fit about how "JEWS CAN'T INTO MUSIC, NOT REAL CULTURE" Much to the surprise of said Jewish friends. And then he was just 'lol, I didn't say those things about you!'

So basically Nietzsche the incestfag was mad that Wagner fucked his sister. What a cuck.

shitpost moar user makes me so wet n horny
>cuck
mmmmmm, say that useless word more

Wagner was known to be THE most hung guy in the Deutsches Kaiserreich. Dicklets like Nietzsche couldn't compete.

Consider he was unquestionably 100x more educated on this than you, you might want to actually read what he had to say about their contributions.

rubincenter.org/2010/12/strangest-antisemite-of-them-all-friedrich-nietzsche/

Jews didn't seem to appreciate Nietzsche's asskissing in the end. top cuck

Wagner was literally a 5'5 neckbeard while Nietzsche was 5'8.

Offenbach, a German-Jewish Composer Wagner loathed (also because Offenbach made lots of fun of him before.he thought Wagner was too annoying), was known to be quite tall though, and got loads more poon than either of them.

>he was really fond of Jews.
ah yes that's why he referred to them as the ultimate slave race and regularly disparaged them, he just didn't hate them on a personal level.

and bloodshed wasn't the issue so much as nationalism being sheepish

Nietzsche loved Wagner's music, but was ambivalent to the very end about his art, there definitely was a little bit of hero worship, but Nietzsche ultimately had too many aesthetic and philosophical differences between them to reconcile. The one thing they both had in common was that they were very much influenced by Schopenhauer's philosophy, even though Nietzsche broke off completely from him as well.

in order to fully understand "slave race" you'd have to understand and appreciate his distinction between master and slave morality. It's not that master morality is better, it's simply the morality that the master uses to justify his actions, whereas slave morality is the morality that the slave uses to prove his own holiness.

Bloodshed absolutely was an issue. He talked about nations and the serpent with a sword (I believe the image was) at the beginning of the first book of Zarathustra.