/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General

Sneeki Breeki Edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>What is Friday the 13th?
a upcoming slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one
f13game.com/

>Official Wikis and sites
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th:_The_Game
deadbydaylight.com/
f13game.com/
lastyearthegame.com/

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (v1.3.1f)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/154642901285984203/

Hooked Thread:

Someday I'll be as good at stealth as Kaz.

Someday...

Streetwalkers when?

This busted ass game doesn't deserve a general.

We're just keeping it alive until it can become /assg/ again and thrive off F13 and Last Year

They've fixed a bunch of issues that were apparent in earlier versions. Such as the buggy as fuck survivor matchmaking.

I'm guessing you don't play killer at all.

You can meme all you want but playing killer today is a billion and a half % better than it was a year ago.

LOL

That's not an argument.

He's right though. It was literally impossible to catch some survivors who knew the infinites, and the infinites were on every map besides sheltered woods. It may have felt like a better game at launch but if today's survivors played launch version you would not catch a single person. Also the only killer that countered infinites was Trapper, and sabos+small game made him useless too. Trade off was shadowborn being amazing and noed lasting forever once the gates were powered, but that didn't mean shit if you couldn't stop them from reaching the infinites.

>scratch marks bugged
>sound is still not fully fixed
>pallets now have Dark Souls 2 shockwaves
>fucked with fov for whatever reason.
>Performance is pure ass

Them kinda fixing infinites has not made it any better.

"Asian player detector when?"

Also back on launch you could literally self-heal back up before the killer even finished his attack CD, and SB might as well not have had as CD.

Also if you thought the pallet counts were bad now, they were literally double what they were before the love tap nerfs

>scratch marks bugged
Not to the extent where it at all hinders gameplay.
>sound is still not fully fixed
Yes it is, you can hear survivors and gens through walls.
>pallets now have Dark Souls 2 shockwaves
That's worse than the metric fuckton of pallets on every map at release how?
>Fucked with the fov
actually hinders your gameplay how?
>Performance is pure ass
Only if you played on a toaster before the engine update.

Also, you see to have a disconnect with what "at launch" means and seem to be viewing it as "before last patch"

In his defense, the original argument was comparing the game today as opposed to pre-patch. I think we can all agree that pre-patch was better than post patch, despite pallet looping/DS/Machinegun.

Games fine guys. Let me just derank so I can get a game. :D

>the original argument was comparing the game today as opposed to pre-patch
>You can meme all you want but playing killer today is a billion and a half % better than it was a year ago.
>Pre-patch
>a year ago

Pretty stupid that people have to do that, but that's more has to do with the high rank stalwarts are leaving because of the endless bullshit than anything else.

Reminder to always bet on M E G

When I say pre-patch, I'm referring to the version of the game before the last patch but after the launch version. Sorry if it didn't make sense.

No

What was the patch, anyone know?

A bug fix for a bug where it would infinatly load when joining a lobby.

>Get hooked
>No one comes
>Killer hits and starts chasing someone
>no one comes
>Killer downs and picks up the other person
>no one comes go into struggle
>the last thing I see before dying on the hook is the billy chainsawing down both of the two other players who aren't hooked trying for the risky save instead of the free save.

I'll never understand this community.

Reminder to hug the generator.

>Hag with Distressing and Unnerving Presence
Wonder if her trap's terror radius proc both

Reminder to hug the generator.

Is there any way to use insidious without survivors crying?

Hide in a corner and let them get all the gens.

Be creative.

Is there a way to do anything without survivors crying?

>when you make bad choices but still get away anyways because you're a lucky little shit

Practice makes perfect.

Good positioning man. Gens just a little hug to hep with all the kicks they get now.

To be fair that gen is a horrible one to hug and expect to get away with it, it has no cover besides a waist high bench.

Holy shit I made so many typos. Fuck me.

I mainly use it when I wanna just do some shenanigans. It doesn't exactly help with getting tons of points or anything but it's fun when you spook the shit out of someone.

That was not a good hug.

Agreed.

>get ifiniteworks of misery
>Only person I hook is after the gates are open because lawl infinite!
>they swarm
>down two
>Almost down the third because they went for another save and then ran out
>the person who infinited me all game unhooks themselves after getting put up
>FUCK YOU RESPECT THE 5% I KOBE'D I EARNED THAT ESCAPE!
>Tell them that they didn't respect me enough to not run the infinite so why should I respect them?
>Y R U SUCH AN ASS?! REPORTED!!
Survivor entitlement needs to go away. I'm convinced its THE major factor that's killing the game.

It's cute when they say 'reported', as if that means anything

>I'm convinced its THE major factor that's killing the game.
It is, but sadly they are the majority.

I love this map.

The good ol' tracks misdirection. Nice.

It's a good time.

its the Catch 22 of this game.
Survivors and their sense of entitlement is killing the game, but if you take away their entitlement with hard nerfs to make them actually have to try you'll also kill the game.

You have faggoty survivors that use every tactic imaginable and still get upset anytime they can't walk all over a killer.

you have faggoty killers that get upset and hard camp when they don't sweep the bench and can't walk all over survivors

this game is a shitshow for anybody that's caught in the middle and just wants to play

>that's caught in the middle and just wants to play
I wish I didn't have to reset my killer rank to just have fun
More importantly, I wish I didn't have to reset my survivor rank to simply play a game without a 20 minute queue to play against the same 3 killers or have a killer just leave the lobby.

Always bet on Ace baby!

alloween>Halloween 4>Halloween 2>Halloween 3>>POWERGAP>>Halloween 5>Halloween 2 (remake)>Halloween H20>>>Halloween (remake)>shit>Halloween Resurrection>my mum's corpse> sabo claudettes>Halloween 6

threadly reminder that the original idea for halloween 4 would've been better than what we got and that the rights are owned by a fucking moron who probably would've made double his money by now if he had let carpenter do what he wanted.

Why are """""horror""""" movies these days so bad? Is there any hope for the future?

The vast majority of the genre was always bad.

everyone is trying too hard to recapture that iconic character in their horror purely to make some money off of recognition and yearly sequels that they forget to write a competent story. But they don't realize those movies weren't even that good to begin with.

They'll never make another jason or MM or freddy or whoever, but for some reason they keep trying.

There have been plenty of horror movies that have been good in the past 10 years.

The idea of the slasher francise however, is fully and truly dead.

>original idea for halloween 4

wait what, give deets

I just want another "slasher" who's grounded in some kind of reality.

F13 and Halloween started with a something that was more or less, completely grounded.

The killer wasn't super natural, they were just a devious psychopath, in the start anyway.

That's what needs to comeback.

Warning emote when?

Whoever the user who said there wasn't gonna be shit today, just wanted to apologize.

You were right, devs are aids and liars.

Press F to pre-order F13.

That's what happens when you spend your time making twitch streamer exclusives instead fixing your broken shit game.

Every day we lose about 400 players.

Have they shown that Jason skin yet or is it going to be a secret until launch?

I'm expecting them to show it off at PAX to shill it. It's not good business to keep something like that secret until release.

No hard feelings friend.
No way to convince you of that other than for you to see it yourself.

>Machinegun was a crutch
>SB+SC isn't

Do people actually expect you to respect self unhooking? Pretty sure that shit works half the time I try to do it. Didn't realise it was only 5% odds

>Do people actually expect you to respect self unhooking?
Its a survivor made rule that they think if they cry hard enough about killers will actually follow.

How many of you preordered F13?

I haven't pre-ordered a game since Fallout NV.

Its a sucker's game to pre-order anything

Tell us the release date.

Why would I preorder a worse version of this game?

More attractive girls.

Well you're not wrong there

>girl
ftfy

And its jenny.

All the girls are great.

>Flat ass, flat titted slut
>2 land whales
>nigress
>all great
Kill yourself

When the fuck are they going to crack down on korean and chinese faggot who set their region to NA to try and lag survivors for easy wins?

How is that not griefing?

they know queues will skyrocket even more once they do that.

it's fascinating watching these dudes sink their own game with incompetence and caving to every complaint

The only thing I want fixed currently is the survivor item bug. can't use items 80% of my games unless I find another items and swap the two

What satisfies you the most in this game, besides just winning.

Pulling off some real sneaky shit. Getting a gen done before a survivor gets downed.

Why are scarecrow billies so aggressive?

Getting away with dumb stuff by staying calm and collected never gets old.

chasing survivors and sneaking around the killer.

For me it's watching that cocky survivor teabag after dropping a pallet and walk right into my trap

When that survivor who infinited you during the game gets grabbed trying to go for an unhook in the basement.

Favorite part about playing hag.

>original idea for 4 would have been better
>muh anthology muh ghost

Nah 4 was great, would have been better than anything past that though

Sacrificing myself when I'm in a SWF crew to make sure people get out alive. I'm pretty selfish overall, but if we're in a really tight spot and everyone else can 90% get out if I distract and die, I'll jump at it

Basement hooking the cunt who broke all my other hooks

>When EW3 pops

>What satisfies you the most in this game
Cleansing totems

Losing the killer.

Also punishing faggots.

Ooooo when you predict what the killer is going to predict but he doesn't predict that you'll predict that so he's wrong.

Good killer though.

What is this, rank 20?

This was a long time ago, but rank means nothing for killer since it's practically impossible to lose a pip if you're actually looking at your screen. The fact that he's at least Prestige 1 Trapper at the time is more important. That being said it was probably around when I was rank 10 or so going for my second rank 1.

Rank 20 people actually check lockers because they still think they're good. Eventually killers kinda ignore lockers mostly because they're "bad" to them. Which makes them good.

A. A blood trail leads to the locker
B. You don't have iron will so you're moaning a shit load inside
C. He was within range to hear you getting in

The only reason he didn't check in there is because he's flat out retarded.

Do survivors have an equal amount of shitty perks? Seems like half the killer selection is garbage.

The only survivor perk that is 100% worthless is deja vu.
Every other perk can be used effectively in builds.

even rank 1 killers can make dumb mistakes