AE86

AE86

Other urls found in this thread:

baltimore.craigslist.org/wan/6076136097.html
youtube.com/watch?v=LWjjPKbVkGQ&t=9m33s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

meme shitbox

have you driven one?

Specifically one that's been properly upgraded and finely tuned?

Or do you just talk out of your ass.

They're great cars, but way overhyped by retarded little kids.

I have. Very fun cars.
In my top 3 most fun cars ive driven.

>but way overhyped by retarded little kids.

True.

The perfect shitbox
>80s styling
>lightweight
>rwd for sik skidz
>engine with potential for tuning
>decent handling, fun to drive
>somewhat practical

Unfortunatly they got featured in a chinese cartoon and people memed the shit out of them. shame really, cause if they were cheap they would be a great car, but with how much they cost there is so much better for the money

this. I hate how faggots think their SR5's are worth anything lmao.

I'd really love to own something so lightweight and RWD. It's just the right size too, any more compact or any bigger and I think it'd miss the mark. It's kinda why I can't really like the GT86/BRZ as much, it's just fucking huge by comparison.

That's probably down to ANCAP/regulation as usual though. Cars just keep getting fatter and heavier.

baltimore.craigslist.org/wan/6076136097.html

They would never have stayed very cheap after the 90s since they're a rare RWD, light platform. The US hardly got any GTSs. The paper records were destroyed in a fire or some shit, but I've seen an estimate on club4ag that said we got about 6000 of them between 85 and 87. Doubt there's 2k left in any non fucked condition after 30 years.

what would be a good alternative? a60 celica, s12, manta, 924... anything else?

nope, all those cars are trash, esp if we are talking about aftermarket. the only car that is cheaper and probably faster but also still somewhat comparable to it is a 1st gen Miata. Sure its not a hatch, but its a light weight low hp rwd car with flip up head lights that has a huge aftermarket.

S12's are heavy POS. 924, well its a fucking clapped out Porsche. and the others you listed arent even worth mention

Depends on what you want to use it for and what reliability you want. The corolla isnt very comparable to those. Miata sort of is, but it's a more forgiving car to drive. The s12 only looks like an ae86, but it's heavy as fuck somehow and I've heard not nearly as fun to drive without serious work. I feel like the others in your list have totally different dynamics.

MR2 or an FX16 could be good alternatives if you're OK with MR and FF.

But the miata's close enough. More reliable and less of a rare special snowflake so you don't have to care as much about what happens to it.

St165 celica all trac/ GT Four... maybe

turbocharged AWD coupe with flip ups. Was made specifically for rallying

I always get confused when I see ANCAP and regulation next to eachother

Supra mk3

>way more awesome
>way cheaper since ae86 is a meme and supra is not

road salt killed a lot of them

The only right answer

You do realize the ae86 is longer and taller than the ft86 right? Just not wider.

Ae86 is not as small a most people think.

A modern crossover would blow it's doors off

on the touge?

don't think so bud.

>pigfat cantturn trash
into the bin it goes

Any car that is "properly upgraded and finely tuned" would be decent.

You can just get any rwd carolla from the early 80's and it's almost the same thing you retard.

Good lord those are turds

cool story

It's just a dumb argument. That's all I'm saying. Modification adds too many factors.

I don't care about the memes or dorifuto or any of that
I unironically think it's one of the best styled/best proportioned cars ever

youtube.com/watch?v=LWjjPKbVkGQ&t=9m33s

Apologies for the angle, I'd had a few drinks by that point.

Totally agree

there is absolutely nothing cool about the 8000th "replica" of that shitty anime.

AE86 size compared to Veeky Forums's favorite cars.

Yet it still weighs 1000lbs less than those shitty nissans

Which is made up for by having at least 90 more hp. The black and white cars in the picture accelerate at pretty much the same rate, lol.

i would love an ae86 but i have a few issues

>im a honda fag
>im poor

why did you list the same thing twice?

That was a good watch, thanks m8

Don't be such a whiny girl, regular cars.

regular cars?

Reporting in

If this is a Jap spec Trueno, those corner lamps in the bumper are wired up wrong. They're only meant to light up when the popups are on and you indicate left or right, lighting up the ground adjacent to the car.

why do people think he's rcr?

Isnt there a button to control if they are up or down like most cars with pop ups?

Because of the unending whinging seen in every single one of his videos

who is rcr and why do you think i am him?

I know there is in the Miata, but my Trueno doesn't have one. I think if I turn the lights ON, the pop ups come up obviously, but if I then turn it back to the park lights position, the pop ups stay up but the lights turn off.

Give me a moment, I'll go and check.

Welp, I was wrong, they retract even when the parkers are on.

Hmm. Is yours a real trueno or a corolla gts?

I mean its not really whinging, and whenever it is I would assume its for comedic effect.

But I was just wondering why 2 people came to the same conclusion when RCR makes references to initial D all the time

Nice car btw user, at some point in my life I intend on owning one

thats not an ae86

thats a clapped out 240sx

Having turn signals always on is a really common japanese thing, they think it looks cool as fuck and not retarded.

You're retarded if you think all honda fags are poor.

I hate shitbox fwds but some of those guys obviously have lots of money.

Oh shit you're right. I didnt realise bc thumbnails -_-

Wheres the love for the levin?

thats retarded

i support this thread

Bought one to daily, they're not that big, but not that small.
Tall cause 100% stock with alot of available suspension travel, but pretty narrow, I've parked it crooked as fuck & was still well within the lines of parking spots. Also kinda roomey on the inside for how small it looks from the outside. Will actually comfortably sit 4 people, meanwhile I consider my S13 a 2+2

Push in the dial & turn all the way to the right. You have to have your keys set to on but it'll flip a relay & you'll be in always up mode. And use the other 90° of the the 180° turning radius of the switch.

Won't drain your battery at all after you take your keys out & leave it all the way to the right. But you will need your keys in ignition to push in the dial & close then again.

Bring it to a drive day

What site do I go to if I want to import one into NZ

Just get an e30

>this thread

They're the same thing. Don't be fooled by RCR's AE88 thing. That's USDM VIN related shit.

File saved

This. ProgressionD's video on the topic is pretty good.

>rare, hard to get and a POS when it comes up

Did they ever make a lefthand drive version of it? Because i see one on sale for 7k.

You're retarded. In US they're overhyped by weeaboos, sure. But in Japan it's a classic car for enthusiasts.

on the straight yeah, pretty much any modern car can shit on old sports cars stock for stock.

goo-net-exchange.com

trade car review?

might be a local company that would do it for you.

I've had a couple

not the be all and end all of motoring

but i do love them

As far as an AE86 type goes does the Miata/MX5 make a decent substitute? It's got the whole 50/50 lightweight RWD thing going but it just looks so feminine.

That is literally what i said in my post, you goddamn dunderfuck.