Kenwood>Pioneer

Kenwood>Pioneer
Prove me wrong
>protip:you can't

also general head unit discussion thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/pioneer-car-stereo-/201876712843?hash=item2f00ca2d8b:g:jycAAOSwYXVYzFpy
ebay.com/itm/Dual-XDMA6438-In-Dash-Car-Stereo-Receiver-w-MP3-USB-AUX-iPhone-Control-/182354065533?hash=item2a7526387d:g:11MAAOSwA3dYKgbE
youtube.com/watch?v=ALVsZmvRyvs
kenwood.com/my/car/receiver/kdc-110u/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Being less shit than shit was never a big accomplishment user

I love old Benz center consoles

that one is modded tho

DROK > all

shitty meme
you're better off with a proper amp with remote control like this

Not for $10

>there are actually people who waste their time and money on garbage headunits instead of using a processor
I bet you think your paper cone coaxs sound good.

>Pioneer head unit
>Alpine subwoofer
>Kenwood smoothie blender

>Kenwood smoothie blender
shit, I need this now

>any aftermarket part on your vehicle of any sort other than better pads and more modern tires
kek, poorfags

That thing is actually 12 on amazon
checkmate atheists
ebay.com/itm/pioneer-car-stereo-/201876712843?hash=item2f00ca2d8b:g:jycAAOSwYXVYzFpy

>not going full adolf
ebay.com/itm/Dual-XDMA6438-In-Dash-Car-Stereo-Receiver-w-MP3-USB-AUX-iPhone-Control-/182354065533?hash=item2a7526387d:g:11MAAOSwA3dYKgbE

proven
enjoy your shit tier audio

>1000 dollars
Yeah, no.

No stereo>stock>kenwood>pioneer

If it has blue lighting, it belongs in the trash. No exceptions.

audible kek

Oem a best.

Letting a fat guy suck your dick for 10 dollaroos, something you won't even enjoy, or actual pussy. Why waste 10 dollars?

Pee pee nigger chinkshit.

but you can get variable lighting

Ricey as fuck

stop trying so hard

So it's not a question of who has better products anymore?
Pioneer>Kenwood, get that into your thick skull.
See pic related, for the modest price of 250 bucks.

Kenwood's a shit.
I installed one a few years ago, It looked great..... That's about all it did well.
>Menus that were overly complicated
>Even chaning the colors required remembering the sequence of buttons to push and multiple menus
>Setting presets: you need the remote then push a combination for numbers and enter
>Selecting a preset stations required the remote and entering for example "1 1" for eleven then enter. Do I really want to be trying to hold the remote and doing that when i'm trying to drive?

I installed a much less complicated unit with actual buttons on the front. I can operate it while focusing my attention on the road.
>Get the station you want
>Hold button
>It sets that preset
>want a different one? simply push a different button and it goes to that preset

>250 bucks
Yeah, no.

How much do you think the eXcelon in the OP costs?

>I installed a much less complicated unit with actual buttons on the front. I can operate it while focusing my attention on the road.
model pls

>enter "high end headunit" in Google
>Google suggestions are Alpine, McIntosh, Clarion, Pioneer, Sony, Denon

That proves nothing tbqh
Also McIntosh units aren't even produced anymore
might as well post this

It's a Kennwood BTW

>Kennwood
where can I buy those?

Bout tree fiddy

>enjoy your shit tier audio
i'm not in hi school so s long as I can drown out kids/wife I couldn't give a shit less.

>>Get the station you want
>>Hold button
>>It sets that preset
>>want a different one? simply push a different button and it goes to that preset
funny because my kenwood does just that

kek, took me off guard

the one in the OP isn't the eXcelon (which btw lloks worse because the lower part of the faceplate is silver)

>>Kenwood smoothie blender

>tfw for like 10 seconds I thought about what exactly you could mean by that, thought maybe you used a funny word for EQ or audio input mixer
>mfw I realized you just meant a literal blender in the kitchen

Repoastan
Clarion=Pioneer>Kenwood>>>>Sony (except a couple of their units)

oh hi there

Clarion was always below Kenwood and Pioneer, all they have going for them is pure aesthetics.

See

>hi school

if you faggots are gonna bring up the PRSs at least use eXcelons to compare

youtube.com/watch?v=ALVsZmvRyvs

>Kenwood>Pioneer
>people post better pioneers
>waaa stop posting nice stuff, its not fair

That's like saying BMW>Mercedes-Benz and posting a 7-series when the OP has a E-class.
Flagships are compared with flagships. If you have to compare brand A's flagships to brand B's middle range products, then I think it says more about brand A than B.

>implying the best of the 1-DIN eXcelons comes even close to the DEX-P99RS

/thread

Check

Nope. Sound quality is equal, but having nicer finish and dials than even pioneer puts them as a top tier unit. Kenwood is only slightly less hit and miss than Sony.

>Sound quality is equal
It never was, certainly not on modern Clarions. People just buy them for the looks and then complain about sound quality. Typical BMW owner situation, they buy the FZ102E because it matches the dash and then bitch about it sounding like shit.

I got that one, only it's not variable. Stuck on red. Still a very good unit.

You etiher have a lookalike model or don't know how to change the color
kenwood.com/my/car/receiver/kdc-110u/

Tell us what model it is you bastard

Why ruin a clear, easy to read display with a garbage background like that?

And a garbage curved glossy finish too since you're on it. I think the background can be disabled tho.

My bad, it wasn't the Clarion, it was the Jensen and some no-name chinkshit unit.
Still Clarion is usually not as good as Pioneer in the sound department.

Why not talk about what the best car speakers are? That makes a bigger difference to the sound anyway. All anyone talks about here is head units...

Cute debate.

>implying an E class isn't better than a 7 series
>implying a c class isn't better because it will still be on the road while your 7 series won't start because the wiring harness is fucked

>tfw too good to keep being produced

cute memes
reminder that BMW wasn't the one to put soybean insulation in their harnesses

>Why not talk about what the best car speakers are? That makes a bigger difference to the sound anyway. All anyone talks about here is head units...
Wrong. Put good speakers and a mediocre unit and you'll sound mediocre. A good HU can make even stock speakers sound better. Of course you'll still sound mediocre until you get good speakers but not as badly as with the other combo.
Also components>coaxials.

because no one here has $4-500 or more to spend on some nice Focal or Hertz components

I have a unit very similar to it. The piece of shit isn't even a year old and it's not working properly any more.

Nah, it's the 115u. Close enough.

Should have got an eXcelon with the extended warranty, they don't extend it for no reason (they're better made)
I think yours is still covered though.

>implying cheap components aren't already a huge improvement over OEM

>implying implications

you/he said best speakers, not big upgrade of generic paper chink crap

I wasn't the guy you were replying to lol. My bad for misreading the post you were replying to though.
BTW has anyone here tried PPI speakers? I've heard good stuff about their vintage amps (art series) but I have no idea about how good their modern speakers are.

pioneer gas made amazing speakers and amps
i don't think Kenwood has made anything noteworthy

Help me out lads.

I want to prank my friends shitbox and trust me, he wont care, we'll fix it after. What's a stereo that is small enough for me to hide somewhere in the dash like behind the original unit or in a space behind the glovebox, that also has ether USB or SDcard input?

>spending money on car stereos

porque?

Why not a tiny amplifier+raspberry pi?

stock head unit is fucked on my is300, common problem
i dont want to be stuck listening to the radio

Imagine being me in that car and having to be all like "damn, OEM stereo, you fuckin' fine, with your low power and horrific flabby undefined basses. I would totally have a lengthy listening session with you, both my character and the real me." when all I really want to do is listen to another Huey Lewis album on my monoblock system at my music room. Like seriously imagine having to be me and not only sit in that car while that OEM stereo flaunts its disgusting 16-bit DAC in front of me, the favorable acoustics barely concealing its harshness and harmonic distortion, and just sit there, song after song, hour after hour, while it perfected that performance. Not only having to tolerate its monstrous fucking signal coloration but its haughty attitude as everyone around the car tells it it's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, OEM STEREO SOUNDS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit here and listen to its fucking whining coils contort into types of squeals I didn't even know existed before that day. I've been listening to nothing but a healthy diet of McIntoshs and tube Panasonics and later alleged Denons for my ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in my music room. I've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now I swear I can feel the heat that's breaking out on its undersized capacitors as it pushes them to writhe them suggestively at I, smugly assured that I am enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her "round (for that is what it calls its own EQ)" beauty, the beauty it worked so hard for with dedicated designers in the previous months. And then the test supervisor calls for another song, and I know I could kill every single person in this room before the lab security could put me down, but I sit there and endure, because I'm fucking user. I'm not going to lose my future amp designer career over this. Just bear it. Hide my face and bear it.

>not buying a used oem one

I love this pasta

I'm sick of using cd's and I don't listen to the radio

this

So much electronics. And at the end of the day it's still a Fucking MC that will sound awful

>it's still a Fucking MC
>MC
what did he mean by this?

master of ceremony?

You don't know what you are talking about. Pioneer and Kenwood used to make some good stuff (but mostly normie tier trash) but besides some old rarities only a fool would use them as a source of speakers and amps.

this, Infinity masterrace

Alpine deck
Genesis Amps
JL Subs
CDT speakers

retard

>pioneer head unit
>nakamichi amps
>dayton audio subs
>jbl speakers

i hope you were merely pretending to be a retard

thos are as good as it gets unless you want to spend money on scanspeak

>nakamichi amps
lel
nakamichi is chinkshit now, stop trying so hard

What are your guys' experiences with flat active subs?

Installed this one in my Hilux, and I consider it a damned good addition to the two original speakers, both of which are getting replaced

Sure, its not very defined and its not super powerful - but for my type of music and small cabin it makes a very big difference

>tfw I have this bullshit
Bought the car used (mustang, 2014) with 9000 miles. Previous owner installed this head unit. I would have preferred the stock system to be honest; all of my A/C is fucking touch screen because of it. And the AUX does not work with my iphone 6 or ipod classic for some fucking reason, I don't know if a cable in the back isn't hooked up or something and I don't want to fuck with electronics. The bluetooth works but I'd rather have a direct connection than bluetooth.
I've got infinity reference speakers in the front and a 12" sub in the trunk, so it sounds bretty good. Hate the fucking head unit, though.

>tfw will never find a BEQ 08E to match my deck
They must have sold almost no units, the last one that appeared on worldwide ebay was over a year ago as far as I can tell

it controls the A/C? I didn't even know it was possible.

I know...it has some nice features, but I prefer simple analog controls for A/C and radio. Fucking hell.

isn't the stock A/C controlled via touchscreen in the 2014?

Hard to say. I do not think so. Would've loved a stock system like this over the shit I have.

You sure it didn't look like this?

I think that's 2015. Jesus that's horrendous looking, though. Maybe 2014 GT's look different? I google 2015 system and I get similar pics to that, though. My car's A/C vents, steering wheel, etc all look like the pic I posted, just a completely gutted and rehauled head unit.