Odd Car Related Laws

What are some odd car related laws?

i.e You aren't allowed to pump your own gas in New Jersey.

My state has this law where you are supposed to flash a light on the side of your car before you significantly change your direction of travel

The fuck? Thats odd.
Dont know if its still a law, but my state would pull people over for driving with parking lights on during the day.
Im sure its changed since DRLs exist now.

It probably is it's just they care less about it. Probably similar to just driving around with your flashers on

You can get ticketed for signalling while entering a roundabout in my country.

What?! why?

Because you're not supposed to. There's only one way to go, you'll just confuse people by signalling.

I signal to the exit side when I leave a traffic circle, is that b& as well?

>You aren't allowed to pump your own gas in New Jersey

Why? Do you need to tip your gas pumper too?

it's supposedly to give the underbelly of society jobs

in reality the guy pumping your gas is some poo-in-loo who doesn't understand English

In oregon ive only seen very nice white people doing this job.
Jersey is just a shit hole in general

I live in Jersey too and while there are some cases like that most of the time it's just kids who needed a job pumping gas

So BMW's are banned in your state?

kek

Ofc not, how else would other people know you're exiting?

Racing harnesses and rollcages are illegal for road use in Australia

Also, spoilers.

25 year law here in the US
>tfw no R33 GTR or R34 GTR and nissan decided not to make a US version for whatever reason although it would have sold better than water

JUST

>Why?

If you saw the mental competence of the average New Jerseyan you would understand why they can't be entrusted with gas pumps. They shouldn't even be allowed to drive desu.

I've never seen anyone in my area besides some of my family members do it.

>Why? Do you need to tip your gas pumper too?
Of course. You need to tip the cops who write you tickets as well, and the parking wardens.

Then everyone in your area is stupid and wrong.

>Also, spoilers.
For what?

t. Ameritard

Hackney Carriage(black cab) operators are required to carry a bail of hay and a bail of straw at all times, also front wicks must remain trimmed at all times.
Hackney Carriage Operators are permitted to urinate against the rear off side wheel but no where else on the vehicle.

Current Refrewshire District Council Hackney Carriage rules and regulations.

No cops give a shit i do it all the time, fucking Indians take forever.

In France you must carry a high visibility vest in the car for each occupant, and they must be accessible without leaving the car. You also need to carry a spare set of bulbs even if your car has bulbs that can't be changed at the side of the road. I think the main purpose of the rules is to fine foreign drivers for not knowing the law. Also foreigners have to pay fines in cash by giving it to the officer that gave them the ticket. If you don't have the cash they take you to an ATM/Bank to get it.

>got a couple of traffic tickets in croatia, never paid on the spot
>they keep sending me via post to pay them
>mfw

>sold better than water
>MKIV Supra, Z32 TT, 3000GT VR4, FD RX7 all discontinued for lack of sales and decreasing sales after 1993-1994

the Evo/STi is more surprising, they would've sold well considering they cost back then what they do today (or $22-27k in 1990s bucks).

what happens if you need to premix your rotary

Virginia (US)
>20 MPH over the posted limit is considered reckless driving
>speed in excess of 80 MPH is considered reckless driving
>the only state where radar detectors are illegal

Hampton Roads here

>55 mph speed limit on most parts of the interstates

Just fuck this place

Fuckin I-66 in NoVA too. 55 all over that shit, except goin West past Manassas then it bumps up to 65. There's actually a sign out there that says "speed limit enforced by aircraft", which is bullshit cuz I go 80-85 all the time and there's no camo cocksucker in a C-130 shooting at my Lexus.

>radar detectors are illegal
Glorious western Canadia + Washington.
>Radar detectors legal
>laser jammers legal
>laser-based speed cameras can't do shit

>speed limit enforced by aircraft
All of these signs are bullshit. I'm a pilot, and noticed that most of these signs are placed on highways below common arrival/departure corridors for local small airports. The airport I fly out of has an arrival/departure route that goes ~15km along a freeway that's covered in those signs.

You spend your time between Vancouver and Seattle? How does that work? I heard Canadian border is super strict.

>Canadian border is super strict

I drive across the border every couple months to get some groceries in Blaine that aren't available in Canada or visit family in Seattle. Also used to be a truck driver crossing every week to LA. Most crossings to the US are:
>Where you going?
Seattle
>Why?
Visiting family
>When are you coming back?
Three days
>Bye

and heading home to Canada:
>Where did you go?
Seattle
>Why?
Visiting family
>How long?
Three days
>Bringing back anything?
Groceries
>Guns, tobacco or alcohol?
Nope.
>See ya

Trucks are even faster.
>What are you hauling?
Produce.
>Buy anything?
Nope.
>See ya

I've crossed the border probably 100 times now - trunk searched twice, secondary once, truck x-ray'd a few times, cargo searched once. It's not a big deal, unless the line is an hour long. One time it was 2.5 hours long, backed up onto the freeway.

Ah. I've just always heard that if you don't have a squeaky clean past, they'll turn you away in a second.

>having a criminal record
>being dumb enough to get caught
Remember: it's only illegal if you get caught. Don't get caught!

Oreganon here. We got the same shit. I've never pumped gas.

Yeah, but when you flash that light, doesn't that let people know what you're about to do and lets them block your path out of spite? Your state essentially makes you a cuck.