Have you ever owned a newer car and then realized you didnt like it as much even with all the fancy extras and went...

Have you ever owned a newer car and then realized you didnt like it as much even with all the fancy extras and went back to driving an older shitbox?

My first car was made in 1986 and my second car is from 2008. I know that it isnt considered new by any means by I still feel like I should be driving an 80s Volvo 240 (i never owned one before)

Hope I dont sound pretentious.

pic unrelated

Yes. Every day that I don't ride or drive the truck. The other side is that my cl is /comfy/

No because I'm not a hipster faggot and I realize old cars are shit

you don't even like cars you cunt

ah the old "you're a hipster if you do something i don't like" insult

What does the clover stand for i see it on a buncha cars.

what do you mean you see it on a buncha cars?

its specifically an Alfa Romeo thing

"The quadrifoglio emblem (also called the 'cloverleaf') has been the symbol of Alfa Romeo racing cars since 1923. Following WWII, it has also been used to designate the higher trim models of the range. The quadrifoglio is usually placed on the side panels of the car, above or behind the front wheels—on the front wings in the case of modern vehicles. The symbol consists of a green cloverleaf with four leaves, contained with a white triangle."

I've seen them on an Audi and a Bmw and i was wondering what it was, either way thanks for the write up.

>Alfa love thread

I'm kinda in that situation. Had a 88 944 S as my first car, have a 2011 speed 3 now. The speed has over 150whp on it over the porsche but I find myself missing it a lot and I think I had way more fun in it. Looking at possibly getting an AW11 mr2 to fill the void this summer.

Yeah.

First car was an e30, then I got an is300. It was nice, comfy and really good handling, but I missed the e30.

So I sold it, and now I have a 1991 Toyota Mark ii.

88 Volvo 760
2001 Panther
93 Volvo 240
88 volvo240
2003 Astro
2000 Subaru Forester
1991 Volvo 240

Yeah I pretty much always return to volvos. Now I don't think I'll make the mistake of straying again

im thinking about picking up a volvo 240 wagon

im in New England tho so its hard to find one that isn't rotted to shit

>Own 89' Saab 900 turbo
>Love it
>Buy 2015 BMW 330 with literally all extras
>Bored to tears while feeling like a complete cunt
>Sell it and buy another shitbox Saab 900 turbo for 2k
>Couldn't be happier

Fuck status, appearances, useless gadgets, and the phallacy of picking up bitches. I only want to have some fun dammit.

Did you buy the 330 outright? I am on a lease for my current and only bought it about 5 months ago and seriously want to sell it for an old shit box again. Or just something somewhat new but still fun (I like gen 3 mr2s)

who you finna try

Yes

All new cars fucking suck. The only ones that still feel like cars and not appliances are Subarus, Mazdas, and Fords in that order. Big reason why I fanboy my 2005 WRX hard. It still drives like a 1990s car. It has wind/road noise, the gears shift clunky, mpg is kinda crap, and it has no traction control. More importantly a ton of feedback from the pedals and steering, and a shitload of visibility for a newer car

Look into a FRS/BRZ, seriously. They drive a lot like a 944.

?

Newer cars are trying to isolate the driver from driving because most people AKA most of the market see driving as a chore and cars as an appliance. Even the higher trims and luxury cars are more of status symbols than for the people who are actually enthusiastic about cars, that isn't to say that none are cars for enthusiasts, but that they're wrapping enthusiasts' cars with the automotive jewelry for the vain. Adding to this is all the new safety regs and you got yourself a whole pile of boring

I've owned 7 Subarus including a new 2017, but only fully enjoyed drive my 1974 DL. Power Nothing, no AC, just AM/FM radio.

I appreciate my 2015 Fit. My first cars were a 1988 Ford Ranger then a 2002 Kia Spectra. Both were base models and constantly needed repairs.

I did have a ton of fun driving them around when I was a teenager. With my Fit it's been relatively trouble free and I do enjoy having things like power windows and AC. Honestly most of my driving is in traffic on the way to work and I don't miss my older cars during that.

It is a blast driving older cars around (Ive spent a good amount of time with a 1970 International Travelall) so I plan on getting something old for my days off. But now that I commute boring things like fuel economy and not having to fix my car matter. Old cars are like an escape into the simpler past and I think that what make them so appealing.