/hg/ - Halo General

Exploration edition

>Halo Wars 2 is now available in stores
- A new campaign showcasing the fate of the Spirit of Fire crew following the events of the first game
- Competitive multiplayer with new units, leaders, and abilities
- A brand new "Blitz" multiplayer card game mode
- Features the "Play Anywhere" program, syncing game progress and stats between Xbox One and Windows 10
- 60 achievements for 1000 gamerscore

>Important Halo Links, Notes etc. (WIP)
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/wars-worlds-weaponry

>Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>PC Section
coming soon™

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sh3KQb9dU4c
youtube.com/watch?v=fofX-OITWMw
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj0swJRlm5g
pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm
anandtech.com/show/11011/dell-announces-up3218k-its-first-8k-display-due-in-march
dell.com/learn/us/en/uscorp1/campaigns/dell-ces
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

THE /HG/TAGE IV: BUNGIE EDITION is currently accepting clips from these games.
>Halo: Combat Evolved/Anniversary/SPV3
>Halo 2/Anniversary/Vista/Project Cartographer
>Halo 3/ODST/Firefight
>Halo Wars/Definitive Edition
>Halo: Reach
>Halo: The Master Chief Collection (excluding Halo 4/Spartan Ops)

Use the past community’tages as a reference on what to submit. I’ll be looking for casual and competitive clips from the multiplayer and the campaign.

youtube.com/watch?v=sh3KQb9dU4c
youtube.com/watch?v=fofX-OITWMw
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj0swJRlm5g

To submit a clip, either reply to this post with the xboxdvr/thehostyouuse link or message that link to "Sweaty Towels" on waypoint. The deadline to submit clips is midnight March 1, 2017.

You are currently browsing /hg/ thread #286.
The featured map is "Stasis"

>Previous 50 threads
#285 - Warthog Rush #284 - Let 'Volir
#283 - Dinos Playing Hoop #282 - Standard #281 - Halo Wars 2 #280 - Ultimate
#279 - Early Access
#278 - War of Wits
#277 - Imminent Hexagons
#276 - Soon
#275 - Never Forget
#274 - Opinions
#273 - Halo Wars is the only good Halo
#272 - Definitive
#271 - Blitz
#270 - Inauguration
#269 - Also on PC
#268 - Halo Wars
#267 - LOL Cards XD
#266 - Pulse
#265 - An Image for Drones
#264 - 2017
#263 - New Years Eve
#262 - Golden Shee
#261 - Christmas
#260 - 20 Pounds of Pussy and Ass
#259 - Betrayed by the Euros
#258 - Scripting
#257 - Place Your Bets III
#256 - Monitor's Bounty
#255 - Wrath of Balaho
#254 - Finish the Fight
#253 - New Friends
#252 - Baby Chief
#251 - Primoridal will Never be in a Game
#250 - 15th Anniversary
#249 - Full Scale Replica
#248 - Cool Clubs
#247 - Down but not Out
#246 - No New Content
#245 - Forge is Hard
#244 - Haloween
#243 - Halo 5's 1st Birthday
#242 -
#241 - Give Us A Hornet
#240 - Promethean Skulls
#239 - Hotpockets
#238 - Think of Your Own Vehicle/Weapon
#237 - Yes Let's

For even older /hg/ threads, check the archive here:
pastebin.com/5CUQ6ESm

Death to all hinge heads

Can this be the 1v1 map?

Is Halo Wars 2 easier or more difficult than 1?
I can trash legendary AI without effort but in 1 they would wipe the floor with me if I made one mistake.

A.I still cheats like a motherfucker

How, they die as easily as anyone else

Shut up Palmer

He said hinge heads, not eggheads.

I could solo every single one of you in halo wars. You wouldn't even be able to scratch my armor

1v1 one me after I finish my essay and my work shift and my other essay and my other essay and the test I have Thursday and the other test I have

Is Stasis just Torque's map placed on the Glacier Canvas?

Yes.

A few changes, but yes

I'd say they're on a similar level, but with HW2 being a bit easier. The only thing that makes HW2 Legendary hard is having the enemy constantly destroying your units with leader powers. Of course it's usual for the enemy units to have more health and do more damage.

Does it bother anybody else how leader powers are OP cheese? In 1 they weren't that useful unless you took time to fully upgrade them but now they're the easiest way to wipe out enemy units from the get-go

Yeah it's a bit balanced out by the fact that you can rebuild your army a lot faster but ir's still annoying as fuck.

Also spawning an ultimate unit at anytime and then creating an ultimate unit is a bit bullshit, Anders.

I assumed you were asking about legendary campaign, I'm unsure of how the multiplayer ai acts.

I think it's pretty tough, even in Heroic. I get demolished by the AI if i'm not paired with at least 1 half decent teammate.

Pretty much the same

I wish you could still play as Elites in H5.

No gameplay changes, I just liked being an Elite in H3 and Reach and miss it.

Then again my favourite part of the entire series was the Arbiter H2 missions. I would love to spend more time with the races of the covenant.

At least HW/2 lets me play as them.

>dinofags

It would be nice but 343s Elites are pretty bad.

So I finished Halo 3 ODST and now moved over to Reach. Why does it run like shit on the Xbox One? Colors are completely washed out and it feels so slow, character models are not moving correctly but worse it looks like it is 480p or something. Did I do something wrong or is it like that? My TV is 4k btw.

Cartoony Elites > "Realistic" Elites

Their dicks are good either way.

It wasnt made for the Xbox one.

Its basically running on a very shitty 360 emulator

But ODST looks completely fine? I don't even care that much for the graphics but there's so much slowdown happening it's not even much fun to play

That doesn't look like the Glacier Canvas to me

ODST was ported to Xbone. Reach wasn't.

It's not the Glacier Canvas.
It looks different.

Why is cartoony better?
This is false by the way, reach runs better on the Xbox one than it does on 360. And that's not just my personal opinion, it's a fact

>Why is cartoony better?
Partially because they've mostly been portrayed as being so in the past, also 343s more realistic models are pretty horrendous

Everything about this post is combative.
It's these kinds of posts that turns the thread to shit.
Please don't respond to them.

>take torque
>make it snowy
CONGRATS GUYS HERE'S A NEW FREE MAP!

While I'll agree it's a lazy way to give out a new map, we needed stasis because Torque is broken and not fun.

is it bad if I like Torque more? What exactly makes stasis an improvement?

I was legitimately curious about why user would prefer a cartoon style, wasn't trying to be combative

As for reach, it's true, the framerate analysis videos are out there

I think the goofiness fits Elites better too. They've always been that silly, dino enemy that makes the already cartoony sounding noises. The same goes with the grunts

They could always WAAAAGH with the best of them

The only people who played as elites were spics and retards so which one of those are you?

It might run better, but it still looks like shit

has 343 fixed vehicle welding yet?
basically all of the customs that I have/want to play rely on it in some way,so...

Looks the same as the 360 version or are you saying Reach always looked bad?

Yes.
To both.

Thank you anions for answering my PC halo wars 2 questions.

Crossing my fingers for halo 6

Reach had better visuals than 4

4 looked like dogshit

The over saturation of everything and how dark and off all of the colors were didn't help, it looked like a mess.

If it has Atriox it'll probably be bretty gud

So my teammate leaves in the first 5 minutes because the AI rushed us, i call him a pussy, then i get a message from xbox live and my console shuts down by itself. At first i thought i got banned but right now i'm playing like nothing happened but anyway waht the fuck? Back in the day i used to call them faggots that would get raped by a nigger and got away with it.

Jesus, Raimi, you can't do that anymore.
You did some great stuff on the Spidey films, but well, it was a different time.

>Not wanting to fuck reptiles

Scaleys get out

What did he mean by this?

Evening. I'm back again. Starting classic helmets, minus the hexagons™.

And just like that, it looks 10 times better

>removing a staple of the series
Shame on you sir, shame on you.

It looks.. off

So are you the one who posts these to reddit, or are you stealing it from there?

That's me, yes.

Don't mind me, just posting the best looking armor from any Halo ever.

Last one for tonight.

That helmet looks sad.

Not as sad as 343's HAZOP.

Beautiful.

I like that helmet a lot.
No, I don't know why.

Maybe its because you're a fag.

Rude.

I liked Requiem and Genesis

Yeah, 343 does do some decent environments. I still think my favorite goes to the ruins of Installation 05. After that, I really, REALLY adore High Charity. I can play the Gravemind mission over and over because the scenery and atmosphere of that level is masterful.

>someone steals my assassination
>kill him when he's weakened
>teabag
>do this for the rest of the game
>if I'm ever officially teamkilled I report it

If we've lost anyway because these shitters want to steal kills instead of take objectives, I might as well have SOME fun.

>too good to be paired with thumbless mongoloids
>too bad to be competitive at a level where the game places me
>condemned to either be +15 or -9

Why can't anyone get Halo ranking systems right

>when the thread almost dies

THIS IS HUMANITY'S BEST?

Cawfee?

I usually manage about 1/1 at gold 5 but that may be thumbless mongoloid to you.

Cmon britfags it's morning for you

Idea for new game.
>Keyship gives zero shits

That's why we have /hg/ to play with

So I've just moved to the UK for a while and brought my xbox with me from aus, just tried playing h5 a no can anyone tell me why it's lagging like a bitch?
Is it because my xbox is trying to connect to the aus servers still or something? Do I need to change all my settings or something

Pls help

Shitty UK internet.

But it's better than shitty middle of nowhere aus internet, so what gives

Ok, in Blitz I've started playing against people half my level who have rank 6-8 units including legendary heroes. It's fucking ridiculous.

Switch your location on your console to britbong land

I hate this scene because nothing happens.
The portal opens and the covies leave.
You could have just waited instead of spending 4 missions getting t9 that point.

This guy knows what's up, EXCEPT it's becoming increasingly obvious you people have no idea how anti Aliasing works or how important it is to a good looking game.

Console gamers are used to bad anti Aliasing, just like how until recently they were used to 30fps.

It's best to just stick to Firefight

>tfw no matchmaking

If I had more points I would add 2x AA (in fact, if you look closely, I had already circled it, but quickly revised it in favor of 2p offline+online Co-op).

As for the grey line through the Campaign option? Game ships with NO CAMPAIGN. There's no campaign DLC either.

>343i: "Fans cannot grasp how deep our story is, and do not approve of our writing? Well, fuck that." *fires writing staff, focuses on multiplayer instead*

Before the lore-fans can start bitching about the lack of story, though, you see that 'map editor' box?

Congratulations, you can now build your own campaign levels from the ground up. AKA community-made missions are now available. Think Halo: Custom Edition, only with Halo 5-tier graphics, physics, and shit like that.

Pisses me off that one can only get to level 13 before Campaign no longer gives XP... what's going to happen when the DLC comes?

Well as I said before you completely get it outside of the AA. I get you sacrificed that for the map editor, which is by far the most appealing item on that board.

I'm not sure the co-op applies to multiplayer though, it looks like it was grouped with the campaign section, but I guess if you're shipping with no campaign at all its fair to give it to multi. But then if that's the case you can probably take a point away from the 2 player online co-op.

>map editor is the most appealing thing on the board
That's not how you spell 8k resolution

Even if I somehow had everything I deemed important checked off, with points to spare, I would still try to tackle other things before going for the 8k resolution.

I know the technology exists, but I don't even think they manufacture 8k screens for the public yet.

>I'm not sure the co-op applies to multiplayer though, it looks like it was grouped with the campaign section, but I guess if you're shipping with no campaign at all its fair to give it to multi. But then if that's the case you can probably take a point away from the 2 player online co-op.

Thoughts behind co-op point allocation was just in case the MM player limit didn't count towards user-created campaigns.

If that's not the case, then...
<
Player-created maps might be able to support up to 16 players, due to being essentially designed with the same program as multiplayer maps. Assuming the devs can get that shit to work, of course (and, of course, content-creators can put set limits on the amount of players that can partake in their missions).
4K is plenty good enough. Hell, 1080p is good enough.
>but I don't even think they manufacture 8k screens for the public yet.
>anandtech.com/show/11011/dell-announces-up3218k-its-first-8k-display-due-in-march
>dell.com/learn/us/en/uscorp1/campaigns/dell-ces