Big brake kits

Why are brake kits not popular, the expense or the added complexity of dealing with wheel/caliper clearance?

I installed a larger turbo and my car can overheat the stock brakes quickly even with great pads and fluid.

I just purchased a big brake kt and am pretty shocked at how much better the initial bite is and find it impossible to overheat them.

I just got my Stoptech 332mm ST40s in a few weeks ago. Really looking forward to installing them.

Most people don't track their cars, so big brakes are low on the priority list.

I really don't track my car. Stock brakes will stop a car, but a BBK does so much better with high speed stops and multiple stops.

Canyon runs are awesome now. Having the power to get up to a high speed and needing to slow quickly is not a problem.

this is true mayne, big turbos fuck up stock brakes

>implying BBK's are not popular

Just put multiple calibers on it

Because people would rather spend money on making their car faster instead.

most people are dumb

priorities should go:
>Tires
>Brakes
>Suspension
>Maintenance/Reliability mods
>Go fast bits

>tfw Lexus' F-Sport big brakes are like $6,000 front and rear
Yeah... Think I'll just stick with the stock ones.

Same. Once I went with a bigger turbo my stock brakes were not doing a good job at the track and on the highway. Swapped em out for 4 pot brembos and 2 piece 345mm rotors and not only did I massively reduce brake fade but I also saved 18 lbs with the bigger, lighter brakes. I've cooked those things till the pads were smoking doing repeated 120-30 mph stops driving like a piece of shit with a deathwish at 4am and didn't lose an ounce of stopping power.

Truth be told those things probably saved my life that night. Best money I've ever spent.

>
I would say:
>Maintenance/Reliability mods
>Tires
>Suspension
>Brakes
>Go fast bits

Suspension
Brakes
Tires
Maintenance
Go Fast

Bike Life.

i agree with this but add "wheels" before or after tyres.
Lightweight wheels help almost every aspect of the car

nothing on your car is worth a damn without good tires, they're the only thing between the car and the ground.
Literally every aspect of your car is affect by tires, hence why I consider them the most important.

Everything else can be argued back and fourth but tires are always #1

...because big brake kits make a negligible difference and are SUPER expensive. Something like an aftermarket brake master cylinder and metallic brake lines would do more good.

You've never stopped hard more than a couple times in a row.

tripfags being retarded again

>implying

I don't have ABS and used to do 2-hour-straight track sessions (3 a day) where I would be going 90-95 mph into corners. I never had a fade issue.

>low power car that weighs nothing
no shit you don't need a BBK, try doing the same in a real car

but your tires can't turn without an engine so therefore the engine is the most important.

>aftermarket m/c and lines
>didn't even say uprated pads and fluid
wat?

engine doesn't put power to the ground without tires
brakes don't stop a car without tires
suspension doesn't turn the car without tires

literally nothing on the car works without tires

Don't warp your rotors user

The radio will

Drive faster, or try a tighter track. A 5 second difference in lap times can be the difference between melting shit and being fine.

Holy shit, you are the embodiment of tripfaggotry. Like everything in your post is complete bullshit, you could only be a complete Veeky Forums sterotype if you...

..drive a miata.

Some random info while im drunk. A lot of time you can use brembos from other cars, for my car they use 6 pistion off the cayenne or the 4 piston from the 996. You can get the calipers + pads + rotors + brackets. for around 1200. I also know the brembos off the cts v are dirt cheap and people swap those onto a lot of cars

OP here. Brembo 17z