/lozg/ - Legend of Zelda General

ATTENTION: SPOILERS ARE EVERYWHERE. You've been warned

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

Previous :

Other urls found in this thread:

gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCuPeVbT0XJt2za_b0WAbFKw/live
youtube.com/watch?v=Cuy4CR5Oe6M
youtube.com/watch?v=samulGnaDVg
youtube.com/watch?v=fSNpyoXv0fU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>prison-like area
guess I'm at the wrong spot

I like the birds. Just need to see one that has a vagina now.

gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCuPeVbT0XJt2za_b0WAbFKw/live

This dude's stream is back

You see that cylindar-shaped room on the left of that picture, that's where you wanna go.

Sorry for the repost. Just looking for ideas to use as backgrounds/wipes for LttP, OoT, WW, SS, and BoTW.

What can I say, I'm quite jealous of this box.
Sill mad Europe got the toned down and fucked version of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cuy4CR5Oe6M

Japan didnt get it either.

>WW
wooden/rope/thing bridge in volcano dungeon. in the background detail of rock, light of lava beneath it. Maybe one of those flying lava bat
Sorry if not clear. Kinda dead tired now

We metroid prime now

Game looks like trash thanks to yesterday's streams and leaks.

Horribly disappointed but I can't say I'm surprised.

Glad I didn't preorder it or a Switch.

Anyone else on/done the annoying as shit Yiga Hideout sneaking?

Really? Damn.
The usual when it comes to special or limited editions it's like this: Japan > US > EU.

What program?

>Amazon cancelled my preorder
Still livid. I have a standard edition preordered somewhere else, but I'm still mad.

The streams showing the game, mixed with pretty much all of the games announced for it being fucking old indie titles makes me glad I didnt preorder a switch.

Clip Studio Paint

I saw one in Kakariko's cloth shop, I'm assuming you can find others elsewhere.

WHAT DO I DO WITH THE ANCIENT GEARS/SCREWS N SHIT
also best way to make dem rupees?

Everyone playing the game yesterday was a complete retard, especially the moron who couldn't complete one of the first shrines in the game for 20 minutes. He sounded like he was about 15 years old at most and it was probably his first Zelda game since it took him several hours of play to realize he can even backflip. I wouldn't judge anything by clueless idiots making the world look more empty because they're running in circles or make the combat look shitty because they're going straight to Hyrule Castle at a low level.

The valid concern I have, however, is the frame drops I was seeing which are reported to be very bad.

Use em to upgrade your slate once you get to the research centre.

Awesome. Wish i knew a way to get it.

if you want Rupees gems and ores are your best bet. Nothing gives money like them

Are horse stats random?

Which divine beast/race is it recommended to go to first? Do all of them require some specific gear for the weather conditions?

Tell me some upgrades

Thanks senpai
Do you refine them or something firsr? Do they have another use?

Just follow the story in the area you decide to go to and you'll get everything required along the way.

Do we know if the Hylian shield is unbreakable yet?

One color = faster but harder to tame, will disobey you for a while
Spotted = slower with less stamina but rarely disobey

From what I've seen, Water requires shock weapons and wind requires cold resistance. But you should be able to get those easily. Just go wherever you want. You don't even have to go directly there, just explore around, do shrines, hoard good gear, etc.

You can upgrade your bombs, your scanner and your freezey timey ability.

>played it for almost 10 hours straight
>having an absolute blast
>come to Veeky Forums
>people hate it
It's NieR Automata all over again, this place and especially /v/ fucking hate fun.

I mean shock arrows

It seems the kind of game that is terrible for streams.

I haven't even played it yet, waiting for my Switch delivery on Friday.

Don't go for Gerudo first, the fucking Yiga Hideout is a bitch.

They haven't even played it.
Nier is out tho?

What does Stasis + do

You just sell them at any vendor. I don't know of any other use but no one has explored far enough to say that's all their good for especially in light of their descriptions

It breaks but it has the highest defence and durability seen so far

I'm waiting for the game legit. I can't wait to fuck off from this place for a couple days and have fun.

That's what I'm thinking too. It looks boring to people because they're not experience their own character progressing. This is true for so many RPG games, and Zelda is really close to being one this time.

Nier had a pretty disappointing story, to be quite honest with you.

Anyone playing the game without fast travel? I'm wondering how viable it is.

Just got out of the Great Plateau, and I've realized that I would have to climb the walls every time I wanted to go back to the Temple of Time to spend muh spirit balls, assuming there aren't Hylia statues elsewhere in the game.

Do I have to walk outside to access that room? I cleaned out the guard's room but there's no way to advance but outside. Got pretty cool stuff tho, 77 damage weapons

Do we know for sure yet if the green tunics from other games and the Fierce Deity set are obtainable without the use of Amibo? I know the boxes say Rare, not Exclusive, but I just want to be sure.

Not upgraded it yet but I assume it decreases the cooldown, it's cooldown is a beach

There was one in a jungle looking area from a treehouse stream if i remember correctly

Well it gave me a reason to dust off my WiiU while my switch doesn't arrive but I'll stop playing for now until I get my hands on a Switch, hence why I even bothered to come here to talk about the game.
It came out on the 23rd in Japan.
Every Zelda game is, can you imagine WATCHING Majora's Mask?
In story only:
Nier > Automata > DoD1 > DoD3, overall I'd rank Automata higher than the original though.

My plan is:
>100% Plateau
>Follow story until I've gotten my Slate updated, boosted my inventory and bought/found some better gear as well as context
>Go to the Gerudo

Every major village has a Hylia statue, mate.
No, just look at the map, it's accessible through the prison area, iirc, when the path first splits when you make it out of the caves and into the castle proper, you go left, bomb a wall, shoot an arrow at an eye, it opens the door, keep going and you'll get to the room.

/v/ full of contrarian dipshits who hate video games, details at 11

Stasis + lets you use it on monsters

So who else going to do Tower, Village, Shrine, sidequests and buy everything in the shops before even considering going to the Dungeon

That sounds incredibly broken. What are the limits

If I take that mask off, would she die?

true rito coming through

How do you get a horse to the guy in the desert?

It would be extremely painful

Can you launch them?

[spoilers]For____________you[/spoilers]

I'm currently doing Gerudo and imo the two major complaints are about the lack of variety in enemy encounters (fuckload of moblin camps which often feel samey) and how shrines are so easy and formulaic (although the farther shrines seem more advanced, which makes me optimistic). Framedrops are a bitch, but they don't make it unplayable imo.

Feels like the whole meat of the game is about overworld exploration and traversal, and so far on that regard the game is doing well. I had more trouble finding a way to the Wasteland Tower than anything else in the game, and searching for high spots and marking points of interest is very fun.

>LTTP
Hyrule Castle since it was the first game to feature it as a dungeon.

>OoT
Water Temple as it's notorious.

>WW
Dragon Roost Cavern

>SS
Lanayru Mining Facility

>BoTW
Big fields with a panoramic view of other locations in the distance.

Depends are you Voe or Vai

tell me of your Gerudo struggles

Have you ridden or tamed a Seal/Walrus

She's a big gal.

Found it but I had to go through the cave area down the waterfalls and the mining cart

Why, Vai, of course.

How the hell do I get Rupees? I have one from a rock but I haven't found any more since I left the Great Plateau. I want to register a horse I got.

>using non fully evolved pokemon

Sell shit to Beedle

have you broken open all the wooden and steel crates? they seem to contain Rupees

I have a lot of shit to sell but no idea where Beedle is. Is there at least one shop in every area or something?

I haven't seen any since leaving Great Plateau I think, maybe I went some whacko direction. I followed what looked like Eldin Bridge and now I'm out in the boonies with a horse.

Bruh, he's outside the place that you register your horse, also, talk to random travelers, they usually trade stuff

Someone just uploaded a video of completely bypassing the Hyrule Castle dungeon and getting to the Ganon boss fight straight from the great plateau lol. maybe it's a bad thing from a purely game design perspective but it's the sort of thing that I always dreamed of in a game.

Anyone want me to stream? Its gonna be on a throwaway youtube account so I'm not trying to shill or anything

there's some on the Plateau itself. Open anything that looks openable. Bombs, fire, magnesis or hitting it with a stick try and break everything that can be broken open

You mean the real ganon or the Blight elemental bosses?

Holy shit user I never went in there because I didn't have money for a room but there he is. Thanks, now my bigger worry is what the Rupee limit is.

Thank you too user, good advice

It's extremely difficult imo, but yeah, I had a lot of fun trying it.

Do but in spanish

Where will you be going and what will you be doing

Real Ganon.
youtube.com/watch?v=samulGnaDVg

As far as a rupee limit, I dunno if there is one, max I've had is 5k

There is no Rupee limit and prepare to shit yourself at how expensive everything is

how long did u play or what did you sell

Doing the zora race portion of game, doing whatever shrines and stuff I find on the way

That's not real ganon. He is going to have to fight the blight bosses there before he fights ganon, and he can't beat them without gear.

Does the Hylian shield have infinite durability?

Thats the elemental ganons room

Right when you said that I saw that a measly 20 arrows runs for 120 Rupees. I better get on this selling game.

So if you kill the blight bosses in the other dungeons you don't have to fight them in Hyrule castle or how does that work?

In that case whatever I don't like the Zora particularly so I'll leave the game to impress me or not by their execution

I just never bought anything, did a lot of mining which gave me toooons of Amber and some rare gemstones, which are only used for selling.
I like to climb mountains so it was pretty easy, but I've been playing for around 8 or so hours, once I started buying supplies though I'm back down to around 900 lmao

will we get BotW at SGDQ this year?

Yep. And it's mathematically impossible to do all 4 in a row, even with end game gear, because of durability. Maybe if you had the master sword.

>here are 12 pics of places you never been
>find 'em

Oh well, at least the castle appears like in 80% of them.

Doesn't real Ganon also appear there once you beat elemental Ganons?

Can people please ctrl+f before they ask stupid shit.

No idea no one has done it yet on video

>SGDQ this year
When is it?

Just found this frog on top of the mountain behind impas house
Any ideas on what it is? Found the sword next to him

Are there food items that can only be bought and not harvested in the wild

Mixed opinions but ill post my stream anyways since im streaming for a friend. Watch if you want.

youtube.com/watch?v=fSNpyoXv0fU