/twg/ Total War General

King of Darkness edition.

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB
To update: META IN FLUX BOYS, DON'T READ TOO MUCH INTO THIS DATED GUIDE. PLAY GELT NOW WHILE NOBODY KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON.

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
Bretonnia and the patch is out.
To get Bretonnia ONE(1) day early(literally right now), sign up to dashboard.totalwar.com

Isabella isn't available until tomorrow it seems.

We have battle map creating tools now. Only land battles and only for custom/custom mp games. Siege battles may be a possibility in the future but they're practically covering their ears and screeching at any mention of using modded maps to improve the campaign.
UPDATE: PEOPLE FIGURED OUT HOW TO DO IT ANYWAY AND OUT OF DAMAGE CONTROL CA WILL BE ADDING OFFICIAL SUPPORT FOR ADDING CUSTOM MAPS TO THE CAMPAIGN ALONGSIDE THE BRETONNIA UPDATE

Warhammer is $12: humblebundle.com/monthly
Not for much longer.

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

NEW
Update Info -- forums.totalwar.com/discussion/191504/bretonnia-update-patch-notes

>Recent
DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699310314
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DAWI ZHARR

Worship Khorne

Rock the... boat?

Third for Historical Total War is fun

JUST SPAM FOOT SQUIRES BRAH

FOOT SQUIRES KILL EVERYTHING EVEN WHEN OUTNUMBERED AND ON FIRE BRAH

shouldn't they be called wagons?

I AM KING HERE.

That had to bring home the Golden Demon

Re-dumping w/ names this time.

FOR HASHUT!

Looks like a cart to me

What the fuck actually triggers the harsh trait? I've gotten it when occupying a settlement.

>racing against Mannfred in fucking over Templehof so I can surround him and force him to confederate

This campaign is all sorts of unholy fun. Better than Bretonnia with it's 50 handicaps.

>Gobbo Archers

hey boyos, so currently my mousillon reskin manages to reskin ALL vampire subfactions ROR and not just the mousillon ones. considering they aren't heroes I should be able to make them affect mousillon only but there is a caveat.

the regular ror unit appearances kinda suck dick.
what's everyones thoughts on this for those that use the Mousillon reskin.

its here in case you don't have it and you are curious.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=699310314

Any true understanders have advice for the the shogun 2 naval historical battle?

>Install the newest version of DeI
>Play three games in it
>In every single one Rome spirals out of control in the first 50 turns and conquers all of Gaul, Illyria and Greece without ever going to war with Carthage
>They have a shitton of full stack armies and they get to overextend without penalties

Is this shit happening to anyone else or am I losing my fucking mind

>play as Bordelaux
>Expect Alberic to be some beastly melee lord
>Realise he has the single best economic trait in the game
>Consile him to be head merchant of Marienburg for all eternity
what did CA mean by this?

Bless you.

Tell me anons, who should represent the dinosaurrmen when the time comes? Assume you only get to pick 4, three in the base game and one after waiting months for DLC. I fyou don't know the lore feel free to choose on aesthetics.

Was it always like this?
I never played a faction so far away from Chaos, so I always ended up kicking Chaos ass as soon as they appeared.
Now I'm seeing 6-7 stacks raiding the Empire and HOLY SHIT, I hope Franz earns me some time cause my economy is still shit.
I'm expanding towards the south, only the capital of Estalia left, but I don't know if I should move an army there to get it.

> The Moot

Enjoy your vampire midgets

Have they updated the steam workshop version yet? Or do I still need to keep manually updating through twcenter?

What kind of creature is he riding anyway?

he is a warrior-merchant, that bonus vs large is fucking great

Same for the Reddit Rats.

No idea because I'm a [/spoiler]pirate[/spoiler]

Taurus I believe it is called. Its made out of Sorcerer-priests

presumably 3 lls

1 fat toad mage guy

1 melee focused guy who can get a trex

1 other guy who can fly

1 who starts in the old world

1 who starts in the new world

Mazdamundi, Kroq-gar, Chakax Khan, and Tenehuin as DLC. The first two fit the wizard/fighter types that a lot of factions have going on, Chakax is just awesome, then Tenenhuin can have a meme campaign where he can't recruit saurus which is suitable for DLC.

how many hundreds of years has this been tested for?

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

Divide et impera 1.2 is fantastic, get it now, shit is cash.

>Still somewhat new to Warhammer.
>Attack Orc capital city as Dwarves
>Enormous garrison, but no armies nearby, decide to rush the siege and attack right away with 2 catapults.

>Orc towers fire fucking multiple canon rounds per volley, absolutely DECIMATE my forces before I can even get them close to the gates.

The fuck am are you supposed to do? I'm not exaggerating when I say within 30 seconds of the battle's start several units of mine were already at half health because of those ridiculous towers.

Chakax, Tehenhuain, Mazdamundi.

Thanquol, Snikch, Ikit.

AWWW YISSSS

Okay, let's say you're facing a battle where you're about to be powerfucked by wood elves. And you can get a damsel with two skill points and a prophetess of beasts in the mix by exploiting game mechanics.Life, heavens, or beasts for the damsel, and what should I put the second point in to?

Currently doing all quest battles with the set roster, does anyone have tips for sigvalds battles? They are the only ones i cannot win after multiple tries.

You're supposed to build siege towers. Either that or have enough reinforcements to soak the damage. You're not supposed to be able to rush siege capitals.

>vampire confederation
Hold up. Is this just for Vlad Daddy?

>deploy to one side so only 1-2 towers can hit you
>place lord in front to tank hits
>kill tower(s) with artillery
>proceed at your leisure after that

G O B L I N S

Is there a way to get the DLC´s for free?

Capitals get automatically upgraded towers and garrisons.

Don't them without building siege equipment or a lot of artillery.

You could probably have cheesed it if you wanted to though.

Just put all your troops way to one side so it's only in the firing range of a single tower.

Then walk your lord out in front of all your other stuff. The towers will shoot at the lord and only your lord, doing little damage and missing most of the time, this will give you time to shoot the tower down with your catapults.

Mannlet can do it too

Finding Mousillon at a point where they'll confederate is a bit of a pain though; I had to wait for them to lose two battles against Bretonnia (who were stuck in a single fort lel) sequentially before they'd confederate

Many!

If he dies you'll never be able to recruit him again.

>CA makes maps huge as fuck
>armies aren't big enough to even remotely fill them
>battles don't last long enough to successfully maneuver things around

You wait it out or bring siege equipment.

Cheers guys. I figured it wouldn't be so well defended, being fucking green skins and all.

G O B L I N S

I don't think Chorfs are quite as anal about that sort of thing.

Warhammer maps are tiny m8

Life and the healing spell. Focus on using it on your cav as they tend to drop unit models less often

All i know is I'm calling a Tehenhauin vs pestilence mini campaign

>mfw the errantry wars final quest actually feels properly epic
>mfw stopping the end times before they even begin in game

You can do a lot of per-fight maneuvering in many cases, especially on the attack. You'll also see that the maps aren't that big if you have a 3v3 with full stacks.

>implying

I'm assuming you are talking about the greenskin one, because the chaos one was absolute shit.

Cataph the absolute madman did it again

Did you know Alejandro has a hot tall cousin?

All factions need a battle like this ASAP. In fact a really hard battle rounding out each Chapter would be awesome. But a climactic finale would be just as good.

Do not bully the goblins.

>play with trainer
>game is boring after 2 hours
>wew
>don´t know what i have expected

Well sure, they could've upped some of the troops, but it still felt great beating the shit out of Archaon and his gang of losers.

What are those cloth rings on the upper part of helmets called?

Getting access to him in the first place is much of the point

He's an absolute beast in lord vs lord combat

I was really fucking confused at first.

French and spanish are both romance languages anyway.

What if the supreme patriarch and the supreme enchantress had a baby?

I'm curious too.Their function seems to be to keep the steel helmet from heating up in the sun, but i am probably mistaken.

Why would I use necromancers as my generals over vampire lords?

Vampire lords cast spells too, but also kick ass in melee.

What am I missing?

its fashion

Who's the dude on the far right?

Did you just make nice with him, or bullied him like you do with Manny?

It's just heraldry aka medieval fashion / proudness of your house.

>Why would I use necromancers as my generals over vampire lords?

You wouldn't.

Necromancer heroes are good though, mostly because you get a 2-in-1 deal with a Corpse Cart

>tfw no effay donut on my helmet

Red pill me on how useful free company militia and Flagellants are.

Mazdamundi, Kroq-Gar and Tenenhauin (Tetto'ekko as DLC)

Thanquol, Ikit Claw and Lord Skrolk (Queek as DLC)

Torse.

Necromancers get corpse carts, and a special "heal your units even more" skill point that's unique to them I believe.

Super Vermin Lod from End Times.

1500 is the sweet spot for me.

made nice with him
got a military alliance
declared war on bretonnia
made peace with bretonnia on my side
let them bloody his nose then confederated

I felt quite lucky he only got pushed back and didn't get wiped out

Free Company are absolutely based in the early game, especially if you get the Honest Steel skill.

Flagellants are a lot more niche, I don't usually find that they're worth it

>Torse
ty

Thank you kind sir.

Absolutely cunnin'.

Gonna try to get the four vamps myself now. Though I want to expand north quickly as just resettling the world that chaos streamrolled through is a bit of a bore.

Some people had succes with CreamAPI, but I'm a good goy so can't vouch for it

I could see a red crest subfaction for lizardmen

The cloth is called a mantle, used to display heraldry and colours. The ring is called a wreath, and is just used to keep the mantle in place on the helm.

Part battlefield identification system, part fashion symbol. It's the Western take on the sashimono, serving the same purposes.

The real question is why would you use vampire lords as your generals over Strigoi Ghoul Kings
>gets access to the best spells of both death and vampirism lores
>gets a supercharged version of raise dead
>gets the best mount

A line of flagellants will hold basically forever. They won't win you any battles but they can plug gaps effectively and if you're cycle charging anyway you could just have you main infantry line solely composed of flagellants. Free Company are hybrid melee/ranged. I don't personally see the advantage over handgunners, because range > everything, and you shouldn't be allowing them to get caught in melee anyway, but it gives you a little more leeway if you're sort of scatter brained and can't micro your ranged effectively.

Why is it so satisfying to 2v1 Mannfred with Vlad and Isabella?

>tfw confederating with Brettonia factions and get access to Tier III buildings faster than I could've saved the money up for or build
Beautiful. Also, when the Brettonians try to impress the Lady they just fuck up every time.

Who do I go after as Empire after finishing off the secessionalists?

I want to fucc Attila

the jews