>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:
>16832611 →

webums with sounds:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Honda-VF-500-F2-Interceptor-1985-Top-End-Gasket-Set-/291842559244?hash=item43f32c0d0c:g:2DcAAOSw65FXq1vK&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shitbike did it again
In the past 2 months I turned it on like 5 times because of health issues and I didnt want to bother the neighbours too much so I only left it on for 2 to 4 minutes at most, hence it did not have time to warm up, hence I could only rev it up to 7k rpm. Can it still be that it fouled? I revved it for about 4 times every 30 seconds or 1 minute at most, it would mean I can't even get out of the city without revving it super often, is this normal? Can it be related to a small rust hole in one of the exhausts? (bike had the carbs tuned after the hole appeared)

we told you not to buy it

Everyone said don't buy it

any of you faggots live in Massachusetts with a liter naked? trade me for my gixxer 100, gixxer 600, and ninja 250

Early for I love my new farkle

I'll remember to add an >inb4 for you (samefag) the next time.
If you really didnt care you wouldnt reply, youre just mad you're a nobike fag

how fucking STUPID are you
any cunt who has ever touched a 2t lawnmower would be better off than you are

posting my bike so you can't call me a nobike

Jesus fucking christ. Look at that trunk.

it's where I store my unbiased opinions

Nice doggo

Because it's still really fucking loud like a helicopter and totally kills low end torque on my cb300f...

I wanted one of these so hard when I was a kid... They have not aged well..

plain wrong my nigga

Everyone said don't buy it faggot

>bike had the carbs tuned after the hole appeared
As in, dyno run and jet changes? And you did that with a hole in your exhaust?

1) you get to retune it after you fix the hole
2) that guy who tuned it stole your money.
3) fix the hole

Is that water or smoke coming out?

What year is that? Those meme handles up by the triple tree are what the old SRAD 600s had so it must be a pre-2001? But the 750s didn't have those yellow pass switches

Is like a 97 I think
>Mfw I will probably never have an 88 gsxr750 with chatterbox carbs

I have that mount. It's good and holds the phone securely but on some phone models it will start pressing the fucking volume or power buttons and is annoying as shit.

Are you sure you're not putting the phone in the mount with the rubber near the buttons? I've got a rubberized case so it doesn't move much.

99, 2nd year of FI

all you have to do is move to straya

I used to have a samsung galaxy s5, and no matter where I put the phone on the mount the grip would interfere with the buttons. Now that I have an applel 7 plus, it's a bit easier to mount stuff, especially with my otterbox that makes it hard as fuck to press the power or volume buttons in the first place

dat thicky

>63000 miles
>35000 miles
>12000 miles
We're getting somewhere

That seems to be it. I've got a Nexus 6 and it works rather well. Helps that the phone barely fits in the mount

I'm hyped for my puig screen coming in

What fresh hell are you riding nowadays anyway, last I knew you had the plastic wonder and then you sold it

still on my '94 DR650 but I'm gonna get an FZ09 breddy soon

>tfw no sexy old baiku

>Plastic wonder
What

I've got this in the foreground

>have an 85 Interceptor that I sunk a bunch ot ime and sweat into rebuilding an upgrading
>many great memories, fun rides, even a 2k mile weekend
>honestly oen of hte best handling bikes I've ever ridden, too
>has bad head gasket
>tehy don't make the head gaskets anymore

Well fuck me.

That 500 honda, right? Everyone always dumpstered on it because it was supposedly plastic but mostly because you're a tripfag.

>yamaha

we are two of soul

Aw my plastic maggot. No it was sold a year ago, then I had a shadow 700 for a month and then I bought my fz6.

Yamaha is fun. I'm in love.

chatterbox carbs?

My bike is made in a 3rd world nation.
My bike is marketed towards 3rd world users.
I ride it on 3rd world quality roads.
I love my bike.
>inb4, "user, America *is* 3rd world, lolz"

Also a new 13t front sprocket, a new x-ring chain, and a new 38t rear sprocket gives me both improved acceleration AND some how give me 3-5mph more top end, even when hauling my fatass!

I got to test ride the FZ09 and I was jizzing in my pants. I've gotta get a 4 wheeled vehicle before I buy any more bikes, but once I get that out of the way I'm dropping cash on the FZ as soon as possible. Only issue is that it's seat height is a tad bit low but I'm sure I can lower the pegs and raise the seat a little.

i want a honda cb 750 from the 70s any of yall know whats the deal with em and how reliable they are

alright lads, im getting a GSXR750
What's the best model year? I don't want any faggy computer shit like ABS or TC

2006-2009ish are the best looking ones iirc

2002-2004

Old school gsxr hot rodding

Good luck man. I am in love with my fz

Have you tried Ebay? Lots of old gasket kits end up there.

Did you mean Slingshot carbs?

That might be it. I have a buddy that owned an 87 back in the 90s that he sold in 2007 for 2.3k
>Fuck

Like any other 70's jap bike, every single bit of rubber and every electrical connector needs to be replaced.

Things to look out for: missing engine mount bolts (means a bent frame), cut frame tubes above the head, which some monkeys did to allow the head to be pulled with the bike in the frame. Also examine the area around the front sprocket for welds. Snapped chanes brake the cases, and the idiots get them welded together.

Check out the SOHC/4 forum for legit advice, unlike what I am giving you. There is a large and very active community around these bikes.

i-is my bike sexy /dbt/?

God no

Yes. I'm jelly
>But you should have gotten the racer

What about my other one?

>tfw cant finish assembling bike because my lower shock mount bolt has gone missing
ree

breh have you ridden the racer? It's so awkward and uncomfortable on long rides, and it's also clumsy to maneuver in the city.

Does that bike come with an Aerostich suit, or do you have to buy it separately?

So you spent the top-end money anyway?

Yeah. Came out to about $680. Still pretty expensive but not as bad as my original estimate.

I'm currently BMW logos stitched onto my onesie so people know what I ride and respect me when I walk into the bar.

Vstar 250 vs CBR250?

My brother is about to pick up an almost new Vstar 250 for his girlfriend as a first bike, but there's a CBR250 with ABS available with similar miles condition and price. I'm suggesting the ABS makes it a no brainer, but he thinks the Yamaha will be massively more comfortable.

Thoughts?

CBR250 all the way
Cruisers aren't even comfortable

cbr250r and remove ABS fuse so she actually learns to brake

You got the wrong bike.

This is how you spot a nobike.

mate cruisers are the worst.
ABS on a motorbike actually makes sense, it's a bit of a life safer.

DESU if I had to get a 250 I'd get a WR250 or Honda VTR250.
They are infinitely better bikes.

Get the CBR, take the plastics off (at least at first), and get some nice big frame sliders.

Am I asking to lose my face wearing a 3/4 helmet only for commuting?

yes

statistically commuting is where you're most likely to crash. Whether that's because you spend more hours commuting or whether that's because there is more traffic on the roads.
Further, the stats show you're most likely to land on or about the chin area.
Don't take the chance, even if just for the noise reduction and hearing protection, always wear a full face helmet.

well, if not land, than injure at least.

I myself ended up getting a 2013 gt250. Replaced the plug caps with Suzuki ones and it's been bulletproof. In saying that I can't wait to be rid of it when I've got money

naww just spreading the truth.

I've used the cheap honda ABS (on the CB400SF and CBR500R) and it's fucking awful.

Your learner bike is for learning, I'm not saying ride without it all the time but pull that ABS fuse and practice, you might learn something.

I don't keep track of your narratives but if you want tech advice make very specific, detailed posts.

If that's water coming out and it continues to come out and your engine is liquid cooled then the only place water can find its way to the exhaust is by a blown head gasket or a cracked cylinder head. If it's brief that's normal condensation accumulation in many areas. Cars and trucks do it too.

Post clear pics of your spark plugs noting the cylinder each came from.

I would perform a compression test first (comp testers are cheap and belong in every bikers tool kit) because if you don't have compression then it's (at minimum) top end job time. You can perform the superior leakdown test with a tester and an air compressor. That will show leakage including blown head gaskets.

Take the time to REALLY study how engines work. Not here. Ephemeral shitpost threads aren't nearlyenough. Also visit brand specific and preferably model specific forums as there may be a common cause.

If you are gonna play with old motorcycles that's fine but you will fucking lose if you refuse to approach everything from a professional viewpoint.

A rust hole won't wreck your performance unless it's quite large, but you can nig it by hoseclamping aluminum sheet cut from a soda can.

Modern fuel is vile. If it's going to sit, drain the tank and carbs completely. Remove the battery and store indoors, preferably on a tender. I've done that for many years since I've too many bikes to tag and ride all the time.

When a bike comes in the shop I test compression first, then inspect spark plugs and wires. If carbs need cleaning I remove them and inspect the carb boots and any vacuum hoses.

I'm not gonna write a book here but if you are methodical you can learn to troubleshoot. What you learn is well worth the cost of one used bike.

Thanks guys

>Your learner bike is for learning,
Not everyone aspires to be a superhuman trials rider.
Some people want to have fun on their motorbike or commute without risking life and limb.
If you practice limit braking or ride your bike to the limit to find the limit in any regards, you will crash.
ABS suits the majority of riders.
That's not to say in the future they can't drop it and get a track bike or a dirt bike and learn those advanced techniques when they arn't struggling to learn the basics.

I see Athena head gaskets on Ebay for most Interceptors.

BTW I spray coppercoat on all my head gaskets with great results. I even reused a couple of Harley head gaskets when I was young and poor.

>If you practice limit braking (...) you will crash

and these motherfuckers call me a nobike.

You will not crash a bike doing practice stops without ABS lol, if you're doing it right (what I'm trying to get you to achieve) the bike will flip end over end before the front locks, and a front lock is very easy to recover in a straight line when you're doing your practice stops in a safe space.

>learn the basics

Emergency stops are a basic lol

Fuck me dead.

>not being able to stop well is safer
Contrary to pansy imaginations, you can in fact find the limit of braking without crashing.

>Some people want to have fun on their motorbike or commute without risking life and limb.
motorbikes will always be risky you dumb nigger.

>promotional code is expired
>keep adding 1 to it until it works
>free shipping
H4CK3D

Example:

ebay.com/itm/Honda-VF-500-F2-Interceptor-1985-Top-End-Gasket-Set-/291842559244?hash=item43f32c0d0c:g:2DcAAOSw65FXq1vK&vxp=mtr

>fishing pic related out of crank case, its the clutch tension adjuster lock nut and washer
>had to drain fluids
>some coolant got in the oil when i took the water pump/side cover off
>clutch now slipping

Is it the coolant causing this? Couldnt have been much, I completely drained all the oil/coolant I could then refilled coolant/oil with fresh.
Adjusted clutch back to factory specs and buttoned it all up. Now the clutch is slipping hard if I give it more than 1/2 to 3/4 throttle.

Clutch felt fine before adjuster lock nut decided to try and escape.

Thinking about just ordering a new clutch with stronger springs for $50 and doing another oil change.

This user knows. Also some kits existed to turn the frame tubes into bolt-on affairs. They work.

Unless you are an experienced mechanic or want to become one, approach with caution, but the good news is parts are plentiful from Honda and the aftermarket.

I want to fuck this cartoon

Is your "commuting" pavement soft, tender and pleasant to drag your face against?

Your choices are fiddle with the adjuster making SURE you aren't preloading the clutch and trying it again, or replacing the clutch and sneaking up on the adjustment to prevent frying it.

There should always be a little slack on clutch adjusters. Any preload will cook a clutch in short order because da springs can't do their job.

I doubt it's coolant. Clutches aren't terribly sensitive.

>motorcycle gear
>mfw I remember of the copious amounts of xtube videos of guys who jerk off using those motorcycle gear like helmets and those vests for riding, and some on their 1000cc bikes

And i'm a car guy.

I'm thinking you're right.

But If I take all the resting tension out of the cable it should let the internal clutch tensioner release until there is no pretension on the cltuch.

I've done this and given it about 1/4 in of slack in the cable, still no dice. It's still slipping.

Going to pull the clutch cover again and re adjust the tension to have a bit more slack before I pull the trigger on a new clutch and an oil change. It's kind of a bitch though. Adjusting tension with the philips head in the middle, then you have to lock nut it down with a wrench while preventing the adjuster from twisting with a screw driver.

Put the K&N filter in today. Made it idle a few hundred RPM faster so I'm guessing we're getting more air. Nice because for some odd reason the shitbox runs rich. Still trying to get ahold of the dude for my front drum. Guy with aftermarket mufflers has not responded to my email in a week so I will probably call him instead.

Went to wash the winter salt off of it today but the self serve car wash was broken or some shit. kinda pissed.

T H I C C

Some of those are best attacked by holding the nut with a six-point socket held in visegrips since they suck to get with a box wrench. If you have spare sockets you could weld a handle to one and have it as a special tool. I'll slay sockets and wrenches in a hearbeat to make life easy.

If you take the resting tension out of the cable with the cable adjuster, that doesn't deload the screw if the screw is too tight. The screw could be too tight with no cable at all!

You should be able to feel the clutch pushrod contact when you pull the lever from dead slack. Ensure dead slack condition by ensuring the cable isn't being pulled or pinched or deflected when you check.

You can have the adjuster screw too tight yet have a slack cable in many cases. It's a common mistake and the entire mechanism is funky enough by nature I always double check it.

Thanks for the help friendo. I'll take it apart and redo it tomorrow after work.

I like big trunks and I cannot lie

You post good photos and explain yourself well. You are worthy of assistance.

Now chant the mandatory chant,

>YEAR, MAKE, MODEL

It's a Zen thing.

>2 degrees with chances of snow
I wanna move south. What's the most fun state for motorcycle that doesn't get snow?

BTW some Vaseline or grease on your cover gasket won't interfere with sealing and will sometimes let you get a couple uses out of them.

>2008 YAMAHA WR250R
>2008 YAMAHA WR250R
>2008 YAMAHA WR250R
>2008 YAMAHA WR250R

I reused the ones that were on there last time I took it apart, just wiped them over with used oil and they sealed right up.

Noted on the vaseline/grease though. Just bought a new tub of axle grease to do my head bearings and wheel bearings.

My spark plug is making a buzzing noise /dbt/

Please help

The CBR is 30in, vs. 27" for the Vstar which is another reason my brother likes it for the girlfriend.

She's a tall girl, but for confidence sake shorter is better.

Florida doesn't even get winter

Doesn't it only have straight roads though?

Even worse, you'll look like a harley rider

So here I am, sitting at traumatology at 6:15 in the morning. Cheer me up, lads.

kek

At least you don't ride a harley.