twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/836628136003514370
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

attend locals or else.

>capcom doesn't have money to make new characters
>marvel infinite will most likely be a failure
>tekken "early 2017" killed all the hype
>kof lmaoo
>goobers lmaoooo
We did it, we killed the fgc now melee will reign as the rightful king of the fighting game genre.

Are you gay furry

Why did they make She-Hulk ass in UMvC3? If she had stayed the same as in vanilla she still wouldn't be able to compete with shit like Vergil and Zero.

this is the shitty bait you bring to the thread?
not yet

Does it make me racist if this picture makes me sad

Say it isn't ironic while snickering to yourself makes you satan's personal fucktoy.

Because capcom is terrible at balancing games.

Not really some people like that girl have shit taste.

Kolin is thicc! Thicc! THICC!

>newest sfv update updated the earth in the background of the character select screen
>removed the shopping cart on characters
I'm not noticing anything else

are you sad because that girl likes black men or are you sad because you can't get women?

the former yes, the latter get your shit together and festival sluts will look at you like that if you are at least average looking and fit.

>Kolin: Story character
>Azam: Story character
>The black guy in blue hat: Background character
>Satsuki: Story character/just one of the many dolls

I sure do love the upcoming "completely new characters to Street Fighter universe" characters Capcom promised to us before S2.

>she-hulk will never force you to sniff her balls

maybe you retards wouldn't hate melee if you played it and saw that it's the same shit going on as traditional fighters

looks like someone is lacking a certain gene

I've played Melee (as a teenager) and it certainly wasn't a fighting game.

That's something I never understood. Aris hates Smash and it's the same retarded movement shit as Tekken. If anything, L-Cancelling for proper movement is harder than Korean Backdashing. Smash really is just 3d game autism with fewer moves and on a 2d plane.

I played it as a kid with friends on the couch as a party game as intended

Itagaki was the reason doa was not a deep and barely competitive game for the longest time, it culminated on doa 4 which was a joke. Once he left and 5 came out the game became a much better competitive wise but the waifu milking which already was big increased 300%

Why not? Because of ringouts? Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur are also not fighting games? Because of no rounds? So Darkstalkers isn't a fighting game? Because of unconventional, multilayered stages? Is Fatal Fury not a fighting game?

This.
>tfw beat a "hardcore" smashfag that wavedashes and wobbles even though I don't do any of that shit and use pure fundies
>tfw he gets mad as fuck when I beat his Marth's ass with my Roy

At least most of the waifu milking is just cosmetic this time around. Now, if they had 200 plus reskinned characters like Tobal 2, then I'd be worried.

Does koolin have a 3framer?

glad you trust a low quality image telling you what to believe

believable till you said a marth lost to a roy

There's no locals where I live unless it's
fucking smash.

cr.lp

His Marth lost to my fucking Pichu. He would literally get so mad I could feel his urge to break his controller was at like 99%.

>smash is not a fighting game
>anime panty waifu game number 20080285 with 400000 hit setplay combos resulting in 200 damage that has only 10 players in the entirety of the United States is a fighting game
Oh boy, remind me why we want to be part of the fighting game """"""""community"""""""" again?

Played a bit with Juri. I think I can make her work.

Any leaks with the new update?

I don't have time to dwell myself into such fancy discussions about definitions; I'll save time for both us by stating that would soon be reduced into talk about the meaning of games in the first place, then ending in regress.

When I played Melee, the game simply didn't feel like a fighting game to me. The chair I sit on feels like a chair to me, hence I consider it a chair, and so on; but Melee is not a fighting game to me.

This isn't true

im gay

found the gg player

yeah they added kolin

I don't trust it, but I fear it will be right. At least Azam and Satsuki seem probable, both enough to ruin the whole season.

Alright, so you have no argument and are basing everything on emotions/rhetoric that have no basis in fact. That's nice to know. You're free to dislike it, of course, but I don't understand this argument at all.

You have TEN (10) seconds to explain why you aren't playing based Vampire Savior RIGHT NOW!

kisama...

post 30 sec of yourself playing sfv

Why the fuck would I play that trash when melee exists?

Is there a way you can bind movement to a mouse so you can do all your motions with a mouse

Except it is. Just because you know a little bit about the game and pick a top tier doesn't mean you can beat someone with years of experience. I played Melee since I was a little kid and got good at it without glitches. I know that's hard to believe nowadays but that's how it went.

Keeping the s2 characters a secret is a dick move anyway. Who gets hype over the reveal of literally who characters.

Nobody would buy completely literal whos

I set the dummy to "normal" recovery and it stands up right after getting knocked down, even when I do EX dp and sweep, shouldn't those cause hard knockdown?

>applied fundamentals and neutral from fighting games to Smash
>won
>still not a fighting game
Hm...

So you beat someone who was a retarded tier whore with fundamentals

How does this connect to smash not being a fighting game? If anything it enforces it

>we

>capcom doesn't have money to make new characters
They're reusing a lot of assets for Infinite so that helps them save money. Any word on what engine they are using?

Disney is probably floating half the cost as well.

Actually it is possible to be pretty decent at Melee without wavedashing. There is a shiek player that doesn't do it and is pretty good iirc

i miss the usf4 training stage theme

I'm making a custom graphic for my stick, but I need some second opinions.

Just because the basis is not visible does not mean it's not there, it's called intuition. And in this case, I trust it.

And just so you know, this conversation is not about facts, but merely semantics. Let's change the definition of the word and any game is a fighting game then.

You can spend the whole evening finding a solid definition for the question what is a game, if you wish.

ptsd

>i beat my shitter friend so now i'm good at the game
how do you manage to outderp smash players

Or L-Cancelling? Or dash dancing?

Reminder that the concurrent player count for SFV on Steam is inflated.

>smash is not a fighting game
When the guy behind it says it's not...it's not. Cope already.

that would be extremely stupid but the answer is probably

How about you post 30 seconds of yourself waving your dick like a helicopter while singing Kumbaya upside-down, you twat.

Fuck off.

youtube.com/watch?v=WP_LFAFYJ-s

His tag his borp

this isnt sf4

Does anything cause hard knockdown?

youtu.be/eKl7fuCHXwc

post goat themes

Alright. More rhetoric. A 2d vs game involving combat between two combatants until the other is knocked out is no longer what a fighting game is.

What's the definition of a fighting game to you? You haven't provided any reasons beyond your feeling while I've provided factual evidence against the commonly cited reasons for why it's not a fighting game. Next you'll all be saying KoF isn't a fighting game because it has too much jumping/hopping.

Since I know the former statement won't get any meaningful response from you, I'll ask a more simple question: What genre would you say Smash belongs to?

supers

CC sweeps

youtube.com/watch?v=pHlhcqctS9Y

This was the best stage theme of SF4.

youtube.com/watch?v=JfS5bjfKwLE

they should release a combined game that combines vs2 and vh2. What if you are a pyron main?

>developer intent meaning anything
You don't think that every fighting was created with competition in mind, do you? Do you honestly think Capcom envisioned SFII being a huge tournament game and the basis of the Asian tournament scene? Do you think that Namco thought Tekken was ever going to be more than their ghetto version of Virtua Fighter?

It's because of the platformer controls and the stages that come with it. Many of the individual mechanics and ideas might not feel too out of place in a fighting game, but there's only so many "unconventional" things you can add until it changes into something else completely.

>What's the definition of a fighting game to you?
Hopefully something that includes Tekken

this is more of a testament to how shit of a region PA is

Hakan theme would be the greatest sf4 theme if it weren't for the fucking coil noises

youtube.com/watch?v=QcKMaX55eJI

Did you ever play Fatal Fury? You jump between two planes while fighting. Does that make it not a fighting game?
>Hopefully something that includes Tekken
So another game where stage choice is important and the interactivity of different levels in said stages come into play?

It's blatantly obvious capcom didn't want to/didn't have time make new models from scratch

Why do you think Akuma was the one returning character?

is it possible to hit confirm sweeps and only v-trigger cancel those that are blocked?

>>>/ssbg/

yeah

>Did you ever play Fatal Fury? You jump between two planes while fighting.
No, and regardless of how it specifically functions in that game, is that really conceptually so different from the background/foreground movement of 3D games? Or related to Smash at all?
>So another game where stage choice is important and the interactivity of different levels in said stages come into play?
Yes?

youtube.com/watch?v=xvMQGHDXCz4

>doesnt play sfv
>concern trolling season 2 characters
lol? kys nig

CC sweep? You mean Crouch cancel down tilt from sheik, right?

twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/836628136003514370

Just as Brick correctly predicted, the release date for Rev 2 on PC was a mistake.

Brick must be really smart to have realized this all by himself!

I am trying to tell you this conversation you are trying to spark is inherently silly, but you keep insisting, pretending you are too stupid to convey what I mean. Let me give you an example.

>2D game involving combat between two combatants until the other is knocked out

No, those old school 2D wrestling games are not fighting games to me either although they fit your definition. Sure you can call them fighting games - because there are so many games with combat - but when I talk about "fighting games" I most definitely don't refer to games like those. And when I say "I like fighting games" I don't want anyone to think I refer to those wrestling games or Smash.

Again, what you are doing is deeply silly. Why does it even matter to put Smash into some genre? Smash is Smash. That's enough for me, I don't fucking care.

are servers still down?

>Brick must be really smart

2 more hours

>there are people who will literally not even attempt to check for themselves in training in the time it takes to make a derp post on Veeky Forums
guess we really need that arcade mode

is zan still lowest tier?

>ask question
>get reply in 1 minute

versus opening the game and going into training mode
easily 5 minutes gone

JESUS THIS COMPANY HASNT LEARNED SHIT

See me in SFV!

>make dumb post
>get reply in less than a minute
heh gotcha buddy

he's top 5 according to the nips

Japan is a backwards nation for a reason, user.