>more vents
>vents out the ass
>hood scoop
>fins
>wing AND a spoiler AND an extension over rear window
>weird hatchback/crossover shape
>TRIPLE tail pipes
>20 inch rims on a fucking Civic

I love race-y looking cars like the Evo IX, but this shit is beyond ridiculous. Not even Honda's own fan base is this tasteless. Is all this aero really the only way to make a FWD car as fast as it's similarly priced competitors?

No, Honda just knows that their audience are ricers.

I love the styling of it. I think it looks great.

I wish more manufactueres would be more daring and didn't offer a body style that looks like every other commuter car.

See, the mistake you're making is assuming that this is being made for any of us. You're growing old, just like we all
Are, and are simply out of tune with what the new generation wants. Accept this fact and the future will be easier to handle for you

>I wish more manufactueres would be more daring and didn't offer a body style that looks like every other commuter car.

Toyota took that criticism to heart a little bit too much and they redesigned all of their cars to be the edgiest thing possible.

Not good

>Implying Veeky Forums's demographic isn't right in the middle of ricer territory

They went a little too aggressive with the edges. If that suv was toned down a bit it wouldn't look that bad.

It looks like its gonna leave fucking crop circles everywhere it goes.

Agreed. My dad has the 2010 and I never liked it because it looked so round like an egg. Now it's a cheese grater or something.

Something in between, please. Toyota. Please listen.

All the people who were 19 during the ricer age are now experiencing a mid-life crisis and want to relive their younger years but don't have the motivation or energy to actually put the work in like they did back then. So Honda did it for them.

the car looks dope as fuck

stay btfo boomer fag

>makes it look more like a crossover
>yeah man it looks different than other commuter cars

You do realize that's not the point of the R type civics? They're supposed to be a commuter car that whoops ass. Too many modern cars are trying to like more than they really are. Just look at the new corollas.

show me your vape

Toyota.
Opinion discarded

except for the front seats i think it looks great.

I'm curious about people who think this looks nice.

You do realise all those vents are fake? What do you think about that? What about the fact that it looks like some sort of crossover?

honestly don't care about fake vents, that kinda stuff has been around forever. It's just one less place that can get rock chips

I think the proportions of the car are good, especially with those wide fenders.Maybe that's why I think it looks good, I'm not some autist that tunnels in on one or two features of the car and look at it as a whole.

23 year old male here

It's awful. I swear on my life It is the long wheelbase version of a Nissan Juke Nismo that went through a pencil sharpener...
Stop for minute. Do you really want this car to be the future of Honda? Of the Type R nameplate of all the cars that came before it?

I know I've seen that styling somewhere before....

Have you ever thought of yourself as a ricer?

The punchline is that none of it is functional.

>wrong wheel drive
>wrong wheeelsss drive

the end is near

I just wish I could put my finger on where I know that shape from...

Yes I do. I actually plan on buying it because of the looks alone.

nope i just like cars, doesn't matter where they come from or what wheel drive they are

pic related, another car that I like that has fake vents, I'm sure some autist was complaining about them when the car was first released kek

It isn't. Veeky Forums is mostly mid 20s white male which is a minority now. Honda is marketing to the new generation of latinos which is who is going to be buying this garbage.

I'm not against fake vents but the whole styling of that car is kinda "fake". The whole point of the civic was to not show off and go as fast as possible while being practical. With things like 20" rims, 40,000 fake vents and a handful of spoilers it seems to me that that car has lost much of what it was originally intended o be. Now I guess they're marketing to people who want their cars to look like their vapes or electric razors.

welcome to Veeky Forums everybody

damn this place has gone downhill fast (which is also coincidently the only place that civic can go fast as well).

>wahhh someone on a Mongol basket weaving forum likes a car I don't like

Take your whinyness someplace else and fuck off

I'm only 22 mate

Young people today are too poor to afford to spend 40k on a new car

Latino's can't afford anything other than base model (used)

>it seems to me that that car has lost much of what it was originally intended o be.

really lol

>complaining about somebody not liking their car
>calling someone else whiny

I'd be angry if I'd be making monthly payments on that atrocity as well friendo :>)

>posting picture of a heavily modified car trying to compare it with a stock one

What even is this? Are you showing me that someone managed to put a wing on a civic? I don't get it. The civic was intended to be light and fun. As a comparison:
>eg hatch weighs around 2200lbs
>FK hatch weighs 3000lbs and looks like a minivan

if only it were a coupe

It looks great in profile but this is just silly. Also for reference here is the styling on the BTCC Civics which look way more reasonable.

And what cars are there that are lighter than it in production?
>Miata
>BRZ
Each magnitudes slower, considering they both make around 200 HP/2,800 lbs compared to 300 HP/3,000 lbs

In the end, it would need to be faster in order to get away with all those fake vents and shit

The yaris is 2300lbs. Can't wait till that gets the sport pack. Abarth is 2300ish as well. 4c is 2400. I'd consider 3000 lbs pretty heavy but yet again I daily an aw11 so everything seems massive.
this looks wayyy better.

>yaris
Until it gets a sport pack it's not a competitor tho.
>Abarth
Are also unreliable as shit, there's a reason I can pick one up for under 10k with under 100k miles.
>4C
Starts at 50,000 dollars... 15k more than the MSRP of the Civvy R.
My daily is 2,500 lbs, it's not like I don't know what lightweight is, but for a new fucking full sized car it's pretty lightweight.

So moral of the story is new cars are shit? I agree with that for the most part.

I mean I just don't see the nitpicking about it. Yeah I miss my lightweight cars, but at the same time... Cars have gotten heavier (And slightly lighter occasionally) as time goes on, it's really nothing you can do about it unless you want to ride a motorcycle. 1:1 power to weight ratio is what I look for first in new cars, or as close as it can manage.

I also feel like it's worth mentioning that four grown adults can actually fit in that car. Aside from the Yaris you can't do that with any other car in it's weight/performance class. (and the Yaris would have a lot more trouble)
At that point you'd be looking at an STi or full sized car that weighs in at atleast 500 lbs heavier.

I think the "problem" with new cars is that it isn't made with an artist's hand anymore. It's made in wind tunnels, CAD programs, and excel sheets.

This leads go a weird design, but overall better performance. Function and Form. That is the difference between the cars now and before.