Stealership

Anyone ever work at a stealership?

Do you get any special deals or discounts on the cars if you work there?

Is it conditional on full-time / part-time?

My girlfriend works at a Hyundai dealership and she sleeps with the clients to make them buy the cars.

Ok, thats different special deal that Im not really interested in

>And then I told him I had to sleep with Chad in order for him to buy the Genesis Coupe! And he believed me!

>>Do you get any special deals or discounts on the cars if you work there?
Not really.
When I buy a car I usually just head down to the fleet department at my dealership. You tell them how much you want to pay for a car and they run some numbers to try and make it work. It beats having to go through a floor salesmen. The part where you can get a deal is the warranties. Like normally a customer will pay an additional $15 a month to get an oil change every 4 months for 3 years. An employee will get it for something like $5 a month and it will cover 4 years. Or say you're leasing a car, the dealership will offer excessive wear and tear where you can get a one time new set of tires for $24 to a customer, but the employee can get it for $10.

I always laugh when I see the commercials that say " You pay what our employees pay!" That shit doesn't exist, half the time the customers get a better deal than we do.

k

>Anyone ever work at a stealership?

yes

>special deals or discounts on cars

fuck no

If you make a lot of sales/are the best/one of the best reps some dealerships will give you a vehicle to use for free.
Buddy works at Ford stealership and is given the latest top end f150 free yearly.

That looks like fun.

Yes I've worked at a few dealerships. Toyota was really good with discounts for employees, barely over cost to buy a new car. Not as good deals at other dealerships I've worked at. It doesn't really matter though, because when you are a mechanic you realize it's extremely dumb to buy new cars. The price structure exists for people who are poor and stupid, forcing them to finance. Even if you save 30% on a new car and buy it outright you are just throwing money away on depreciation. If you're at a large volume dealership and do inspection on trade ins you can get creative sometimes depending on your management, and employees normally get dibs on trade ins if it's going to be a quick turnaround (let's say someone trades in a Range Rover, you come up with a big estimate on parts so used car department wants to wholesale it, then you pay cash for the same price they took it in for. Not that anyone actually wants a used Range Rover, just a random example)

Remember that dealerships are franchises, you don't work for the car company, so every dealership is different as far as discounts if any, and how used car/trade ins work.

Easy money

>babbys first harness

Was a tech at a at Ford stealership for half a decade. Got some BS """"plan"""" if i wanted to buy a car, could get a better deal through my uncle who worked at the stamping plant.

>m12 ratchet

G O A T

My gf, who is a philosophy major, explained to me that due to traditional gender roles women are often forced to sleep with men in order to achieve equitable outcomes in the business world. I'm in construction myself, so I don't know much about that stuff but I trust her because she's educated and I love her.

I feel stupid for not getting it earlier, that combined with my 18 inch locking extension, a swivel, and magnetic 8/10/13mm works miracles

I felt the same after I got a stubby impact and some SO pinless universal sockets.

Cuck

I hope you're trolling, user

otherwise you're just making me sad for you

Lube tech at a Chevrolet dealership here.

We get some insane deals on models that have been on lot for more than a month. That's usually Cruzes, Impalas and Malibus but Camaros have been selling slow lately. I'm estimating they're only making about $1000-$1200 profit on some of the Malibus they've hocked to employees.

>camaros have been selling slow lately
I work in financing at a dodge dealership and we just sold a hellcat with a msrp of 72k for 54k. One of the biggest losses I've seen yet. We ate 9k to move the car. We still have a 2015 Viper on out lot. Offering 35k off mrsp and haven't had a single offer on in year.

>can't sell a 53k dollar Viper
What the fuck man. I'd be all over that snek if I was even moderately wealthy.

I've never worked in the sales side. I was a technician at two different Ford dealers and then a service advisor at one of them. my managers were so clueless that it was pretty easy to get away with writing up an RO on my own vehicle, having the technician fix it, paying him cash and then voiding the RO. or, if it was something the actually wanted to flag time on for whatever reason, I'd adjust it so that I was only paying exactly what the tech was getting paid for their flagged hours. I did that for myself, and other coworkers and friends. but employee pricing on vehicles was nothing special and the dealer I worked for when I bought my F150 particularly sucked. super jewy management. I wanted a very particular truck, they assured me several times that it was nowhere to be found on a lot and I'd have to special order it and gave me a pretty meh number. just for the hell of it, I went to another Ford dealer on the other side of town. told them what I was looking for. they found one a few hours away and said they could trade for it and have it within the week and offered me about $6k more in discounts than the dealer I worked for. and I never even told them I was a Ford employee.

I've got the m12. It's probably my most used tool, but then again it's probably my least favorite milwaukee tool. Sometimes instead of to equine off the motor will spin, but the head will just remain stationary like something is slipping.

It's actually a Viper GTS, but still at 72k it's a steal. The owner is seriously considering trying to lease it before he gives up on it and auctions it off. The 2014 and 2015 Viper sales tanked because of the Hellcat. And now that the Demon is around the corner no one is even looking at Vipers anymore despite it being its last production year and the massive discounts.

I'd be even more all over that if I was moderately wealthy.