What is the best production offroad vehicle?

and why is it the Mercedes G65?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wJNn_Wwz29o
youtube.com/watch?v=m_ogvbAhUZs
youtube.com/watch?v=zU_oAu4sqC4
youtube.com/watch?v=XUSHrBfChks
youtube.com/watch?v=3FSVP3mINtE
caradvice.com.au/503765/2017-mercedes-benz-g-professional-cab-chassis-pricing-and-specs/
youtube.com/watch?v=-GxJS_V1f7E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What size diffs does the G-Class use?

>offroading
>20 series nigger tires
>fragile as fuck drivetrain and electronics

That's not how you spell Ford Raptor.

Is it a fragile drivetrain though?
This seems to be something no body can answer whether it's G-Class fanboys or G-Class haters.

I had a 2013 camaro, got t-boned by this exact vehicle.
My car went flying, total loss.
The other guy just had a busted headlight.

The G65 is an abomination. All AMG G-classes are. They're lowered, have stupid large rims, retarded exhaust placement, etc.
What you need is a non-AMG G-class. Those are great off-road. 16 or 17" wheels, solid axles with three locking diffs, proper ground clearance.

duh, that merc weights almost 6000lbs

There's a reason why actual off road vehicles don't use a V12 from a luxury sedan. The "portal axles" look like the CV joints from a fwd shitbox and the control arms and suspension looks like it would collapse if you tap the curb outside of Starbucks too hard.

>There's a reason why actual off road vehicles don't use a V12 from a luxury sedan
Engine aside
>The "portal axles" look like
a) portal axles are on only a few extremely rare, expensive models
b) going to need more of a citation on the outcomes of "looks like it would collapse if you tap the curb outside of Starbucks too hard" as opposed to your uneducated guess.
Crown wheel size? axle diameter? spline count?

tl,dr;
I want evidence and measures, not uneducated analogies.

Bitch please
youtube.com/watch?v=wJNn_Wwz29o

youtube.com/watch?v=m_ogvbAhUZs

Patrols and Land Cruisers. Used everywhere from climbing the glaciers in Iceland and winter hunting in Russia to breaking through jungle roads in Africa and climbing sand dunes in Arabia.

Fuck yeah lad, also has an engine block that's built like a brick shit house. youtube.com/watch?v=zU_oAu4sqC4

>almost 3t despite being small
>20" chrome ramz
>no diesel
>not even 100L of fuel capacity
0/10

lol no fuck off yuppie.

youtube.com/watch?v=XUSHrBfChks
youtube.com/watch?v=3FSVP3mINtE

>bottom out off road
>exhaust gets ripped off
bravo Mercedes

>everyone trying to reduce emissions past decade
>fast forward to 2017
>still driving 12 cylinder engine

literally driving with 5 Hitler's in your car

>look like CV joints

You ever seen a portal?

And by offroad do you mean turning into the parking lot of a mall?

It might be the Mercedes G-Wagon, just not the V12 AMG version
I would prefer the G350d, its just not a car to be driven fast.

true but thats considering costs
people dont really offroad G-Wagons because it would be too expensive to maintain it

I would settle for one Hitler, desu.

When your G-Classes and Land Cruisers and especially the god awful Raptors get stuck, just throw them all in the back of the Mog and keep on going.

What makes you think that?

>portal axles are on only a few extremely rare, expensive models
portals are on basic bitxh military G wagons. all have them, that' why it's the greatest offroad vehicle ever made.

They aren't breakage prone either that guy is just a fucking retard.

Too expensive to use offroad

he's poor.
>I would prefer the G350d
correct

yeah i cant even afford a new G-Wagon, even if i sold all my family cars.
but my point isnt about buying it, its about keeping it offroad, what if you dent a wheel, a panel or a fender? Its like 5k+ repairs each or something like that, you can buy a whole jeep and trash it with just one repair bill.
Even if i was rich thats just a waste of money. Rich people dont get rich with poor decisions like that one

No they aren't dipshit.
The only mil-spec Gs with portal axles are the armored LAPV versions

>climbing the glaciers in Iceland

As much as the G65 is fucking stupid, you need to give merc props for just not giving a fuck.

>We're going to build a 3t SUV and give it a giant V12
>B-but the p-p-polar bea-
>With 2 turbos.

Yeah, we passed something like that while climbing Langjokull in tire-chained Patrol. Looked really uncomfortable.

>tire-chained Patrol
uh?
think nobody uses chains in iceland except semi trucks
>Looked really uncomfortable.
comfort comes second to being badass

That's not how you spell Mitsubishi Pajero.

80 series

/thread

You're a complete fucking idiot. this.

fuck yeah ronny dahl

Yes, exactly that.

Exactly

Just

That

The one thing a modern G Class can be credited with is the cab-chassis has a 4500kg GVM, giving it a payload of 2 metric tonnes. That's more than a Ford F250.
To put that into perspective from memory the VDJ79 single cab Landcruiser is only 3300kg.

Also worth mentioning the G-Class is limited to 2200kg Towing off the hitch compared to 3500kg for the Landcruiser. Still, that 2 tonne payload is impressive.

It's a shame they're auto only though.

just because soccermums and russians only use them for grocery shopping doesn't mean they're not the best off-roaders. well the 4x4^2 version is the best, but still.

it's also $90,000(USD)
caradvice.com.au/503765/2017-mercedes-benz-g-professional-cab-chassis-pricing-and-specs/

And it comes in about $120k in Aus. Compare that with the single cab-chassis VDJ79 Landcruiser that retails for a smidge over $70k and the Cruiser starts making more sense, unless you need the payload.

Step aside peasants

youtube.com/watch?v=-GxJS_V1f7E

The single cab workmate is $62k you could buy two

meme

The best production off road car is by far a jeep, they're cheap, can do amazing things off the factory floor, have a million aftermarket parts, and a short wheel base, If you want a 4x4 just specifically for off-road then get a jeep

This little Thing

>he's so mad, he posted 4 pictures of a G-Class doing things any Jeep or Toyota can do
Sure showed him bud

underpowered and fragile
I have broken so many diffs in a jimmny

ford raptor