All things considered, which country (or in a country with provinces or states...

All things considered, which country (or in a country with provinces or states, which province/state) has the worst "car culture"?

Japan

America.

Sweden

Philippines probably. All they have are Japanese mopeds and vans.

Probably Britain

>expensive insurance
>narrow roads
>no parking
>vehicle prices through the roof
>right hand drive
>salt roads
>too many feral kebabs running around destroying property

>expensive insurance
Stop being 19.
From what I know some of the cheapest used cars anywhere compared to income levels, especially JDM.

Brazil, not even a question

>right hand drive
Why is that bad?
>too many feral kebabs running around destroying property
Not true

>especially JDM.
Exactly. Show me where else you can regularly get an MR2 for £1,000 or less

North Korea.

This. The poor people can't even afford bikes and the rich people just buy the most expensive Italian luxury cars and that's it.

balt.
Everyone drives cheap fucking beemers and audis and hoons around in traffic thinking they're hot shit.

>>expensive insurance
>Stop being 19.
I can turn 18, pass my driving test and buy a chiron and not pay more than 150 a year for insurance.

Have fun in fucking britain. Now if we could get germany to leave eu we could get all the cancerous laws revoked and EU would be dank again

Australia, Victoria. Full of dumb muzzas thinking their Holdens are good.

Netherlands.
>52% income tax
>21% sales tax
>general tax burden is between 84% and 92%
>co2 based luxury tax. Mustang gt is 120k, whereas a shitsu outlander PHEV is 42k because muh fuel economy tests
>annual inspection of EVERYTHING
>road taxes up the ass; a diesel 2 series is about 100 per month, a gas punto about 40 per month, a LPG ram srt-10 is 700 every 3 months
>government admitting to using fines to increase; goal for 2017 is 1 billion euros in traffic fines, from 17 million people as a population.
>speeding fines are calculated as 9 + (10*km's driven too hard). For example 20 over the limit is 209 euro fine. 5 over is 59 euro fine. Near a school or so it'll be multiplied by 2

Driving permits for fucking EVERYTHING
>49cc moped? Better do that theoretical and driving lessons +exam.
>motorcycle? Beteren 18 and 20 you'll get to drive 15 hp max. Want a2? Go do your driving exams AGAIN on a 48 hp bike. Want unlimited (A)? Go do it another time. Motorcycle has 2 exams btw
>the car permit only allows up to 3500kg. So no thicc F650 trucc. Towing is max 750kg. Want to tow more? ANOTHER PERMIT BUDDY BOI

General
cops love to harass car enthusiasts. There's this tv show where a camera crew follows cops doing their "work" when fining people in traffic. There was this guy with an M2 that put a carbon wing on the back. He had to remove it than and there because the wing "could pose a threat to cyclists". The car wasn't homologated for street use with a wing. And a fine of course.
>meanwhile, thievery catch rate is less than 4% in general or less than 13% when they break into a house

Positives;
Kind of meh, but winter tyres aren't mandated by law. Lots of people can barely afford their own transport instead of public transport, and can't make the investment for steelies +winters
>but just work more
Yeah sorry buddy, you can't just decide to go do that in soviet toothpaste

Another positive is filtering on my bike. Nearly all people make way for motorcyclists here.

Lol, didn't even mention fuel prices, all per liter; 1.60 for gas, ~1.10 for diesel and ~0.75 for lpg

>brits get raped so hard by their greedy country they refuse to believe some nations are reasonable
no wonder you're so salty and shit on EU all the time.

Australia. Cant mod this, its illegal. Cant mod that, its illegal. Everything is illegal unless you get written permission in triplicate from Dept of Car Modifications saying its Ok. Fuck huge nation with nothing in it and doesnt have an ausie autobahn with no speed limits. Even their fucking auto factories are shutting/shut down. Australia is a third world shit hole masquerading as a civlized nation. And Crocodile Dundee is a fagit.

>not understanding how insurance works: the post

>one of the best public infrastructure & transport systems in the world
>country the size of your dick so can be traversed on foot in half an hour
>still complains about muh car culture
This level of faggotry is insane.

What a retarded post. I'm going to try and forget about it while I tear up some quiet country lanes in my homebuilt Caterham.

ITT teenage first worlders complaining about sane public safety regulations

>best public infrastructure
Only for a third of the country mate. A third lives in the "randstad", which consist of amsterdam, rotterdam, utrecht and den haag. It's also expensive as shit compared to luxembourg.

Public transport outside of the randstad is horrendous. In plenty of places, there are 3 buses in the morning at 6, 7 and 8 am, and 3 buses in the evening at 5, 6 and 7 pm. ZERO buses in the weekend. Trains going once an hour outside of the randstad is also pretty normal.

>WAAHHHHHHH people don't want to use a project where the government throws away 20 billion every year
>WAAAHHHHH no fun allowed
Is there any chance you're a dutchmen who can't get their permit because the exam is too hard?

Probably somewhere in Eastern Europe.

This. Basically most whining about regulations amounts to "but I wanna do dangerous stuff for cheap, moooom!"

if top gear has taught me ANYTHING, it's that that is just blatantly not true.

>(((this)))

Fucking baby boomer goyim....

For positives you forgot insurance isn't completely retarded and used car prices seem to be pretty much in line with the US. It's just ownership that'll bankrupt you.

Also regulations on engine mods/swaps are a lot less strict than in some countries, as long as it's not a complete hack job you're alright (but you'll have to pay the fuck up for a special inspection first because fuck your wallet).

And overnight parts from Germany are pretty nice.

Insurance is pretty acceptable, it *can be* expensive for a new driver because muh no damage free years of driving, youth premium, and new driver premium. I'm 23, have a 2012 dorsoduro 750 (35kw tho) and a 2008 megane coupe. I have 7 years of damage free driving though, so that cuts my insurance premiums by quite a bit.

That individual inspection is 450 euros though, pretty damn expensive

Yeah, you have to be over 60 to not want 18 year olds racing in billion bhp unmaintaned deathboxes around you.

Cars are cheap af in Britain. it's the insurance and the fact that the older the car is, the bigger the anual taxation gets. That's what gets you. And that's why the older cars are so cheap.

insurance sub 200 a year. inspection (yearly for older cars) is 30.

Nope. Ever seen those videos where the Russian police stand no chance against some modified car? Also, eastern European cops can be bribed much more easily. Also there's no money for speedcameras so just do whatever.

Everyone's talking about car laws, prices, and regulations.

OP asked about car culture.

>bribable cops are good
I hope someday you get T-boned by a drunk underage in daddy's car and then get a criminal record and conditional discharge, because his family knows the right people, you stupid fag.

Actually no. The Eastern European car scene is pretty loaded, with loads of festival and car-meets. Alot of tuning houses are emerging once again which will mod anything to anyone. There was even a guy with a 2016 1.6TDI Golf shown as an example of what could be done. The engine develops 105 bhp and can theoretically go up to 131 bhp, but it got all the way up to 210 bhp. And a 650 bhp Golf R.
And I'm not even getting into the wrapping, detailing and accesories which have exploded once again.
Everybody tunes/rices VAG and BMWs tho.

Actually no, the police spend money on speed cameras and undercover cars and forget about maintaining roads or caring about parking spaces. The police is heavily arming itself every year in order to hand out more fines, but that's about the only thing they do. They never come over to accidents ( only if the ambulance shows up ). They never bother with cars parked on the pavement. They never bother with cars that are vandalized or stolen or broken into. All they do is hunt people for fines.
A yeah, the higher-ups were fitted with 2015 Audi RS4s, so that they can go toe-to-toe with just about everybody.

This. Every 2 weeks there is a deadly car crash in my city. The highly influential people get a maximum of 3 years of prison, and they are usually released after 6 months or less.

>52% luxury tax and 20 more for sales tax

Holy shit y'all need some freedom why do anything except be a neet in this awful place?

Those are part of car culture because they determine in which direction and to which extent it develops.

lol

Here in argentina you get to pay for a vehicle inspection each year.

Literally every non-factory modification to a car is illegal

Engine swaps are illegal

Swaps from drum to disc brake are illegal

Turbos are illegal if they didn't came from factory like that

2mph over the speed limit is enough for a fine

Speed cams can fine you with no human prescense involved

Middle of nowhere highways with sudden unmarked speedlimits of about 30mph and speed cams nearby to fuck you in the ass

I wanna leave this place. Maybe to germany

>awful place
>muh money

At least Dutch roads are flat, Cletus.

>if the US were your home you would pay more in healthcare

in Eastern Europe you can do just about anything that you want to your car. As long as you pass the MOT and declare every modification ( must be homologated tho ), as far as the gubment is concerned you can install a radial engine in your car.

Some bloke even converted his Civic to electric with a home-made system made out of 12 truck batteries. Guy got to inspection center, got homologation and is now free to roam the streets.

>a bunch of aggregate stats that look bad because of niggers and spics

C'mon dude. We're talking about people, not farm equipment

>it's yet another "Americans want to selectively exclude certain demographics to clean up their horrid statistics" episode
It's part of your country, moving into the suburbs won't get you away from it this time, deal the fuck with it.

Ontario, Canada has been pretty fucking brutal.

>hardly any fun roads, nothing but straight lines
>fucking retarded speed limits (what would be 120 in BC is 100 here)
>the amount of paperwork to buy/sell a car is staggering
>the most acidic salt in all of Canada
>stupid high taxes

The only nice thing is 94 octane AKI (which would be 101 octane RON in Euroland/Japan)

>Be dutch
>go bald at age 11
>parents celebrate you over some wine
>some of it spills when they cheer for your well-being
>half the netherlands is wiped off the map

OP here

While that is what I asked regulations and police/government activity do play a big role in what the car scene of an area becomes. Though I would like to hear more about the actual "car enthusiast community" of countries and states/provinces as well. Both legal and illegal

Bumping for interest

Probably North Korea