/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #478

''All roads lead to Pricefield'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12253094
strawpoll.me/12253109
strawpoll.me/12405766
strawpoll.me/12416723

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtubemultiplier.com/58a66a41b1fb7-lisg-pricefield-shore.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

What mood? They're gal pals?

CHOO CHOO!

Max is #1

They're friends
Girlfriends
And Kate would be happy for the two of them.

But their relationship is a sin!

Warren: Max said she and Chloe would be at the train tracks. I wonder were they'd be. Don't they want to hear the choo, choo?

>pic related
>spoiler for ludeness

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

>And Kate would be happy for the two of them.
No she wouldn't. She'd envy them and be upset that she'll never have someone who feels so deeply for her.

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

BEGONE FOUL SINNERS!

I would never envy the hedonistic sluts false romance, nor would I envy their soft palms, slender fingers or the taught grip of their intertwined hands...

No! I will not sin! Death to the sinners!

Nah. Kate's cool. She knows Max, and to see how happy Max is with Chloe would prove their relationship is a good thing.
Kate would hope to find a love just as strong one day with whoever is lucky enough to attract her attention.
Maybe Kate's aunt would say something if she spotted a Pricefield, but Kate (If she was around or heard of it) would tell her to back off and leave her friends alone.

>Kate would hope to find a love just as strong one day

She says Warren is a nice guy and a cutie-pie. Where is the Grahammarsh love? He'd take her name is she'd hold hands with his beaker.

:^)

You are not Kate. Stop impersonating her.

You are my favourite tripfag.

>Not switching Grahamfield and Pricefield around.

>high brain activity

Scarlett Johansson better not play Max or Chloe.

>friendly reminder that turning off your game is the confirmed canon ending

She says that but I don't think she knows him as more than an acquaintance. Maybe they'd get along, maybe not.
Nothing says Kate is restricted to Arcadia Bay or has to find who she will spend her life with at such a young age.
Not every love will be like Max's and Chloe's.

>World'sBayest once again changing their name to shitpost and then going back to being user to pat themselves on the back

>Thinking Kate would support Pricefield or any gay relationship.
She would just stop being Max's friend.

See, the irregular proportional ranking of the romantic manifesto would be irrevocably ignored, but rather than acceptance of gratuity in deadpan jest, I commend your subversion of taboo in a semi-personalized previous ranking leading apropos to the visual punchline in "Jefferfield".

What absolute nonsense.
One of the biggest things about Kate's character is showing she is NOT some stereotype. She has her own thoughts and beliefs that are not necessarily shared by her church.
There's no way she would ditch Max's friendship, the girl who actually saved her because of something that trivial.

You're either shitposting or taking the simplification/ idealization to an extreme level

:^^)

Most of the school didn't really like Kate because she was kinda pushy with her beliefs. So it's not out of the realm of possibilities that she would ditch Max for committing such a perverse sin. What if it corrupts her too?

"Most of the school" didn't have a problem with Kate and only jumped on her because the Vortex Club did. Others following who they saw as the cool kids. Once Max becomes the cool one then you start to see a push back against the Vortex Club.

There is not a single piece of evidence Kate was pushy with her beliefs or that she would abandon Max's friendship. There is nothing corrupting about it. Whatever Kate believed was her own personal beliefs, she didn't go around campus demanding others follow in her footsteps, she ran/attended clubs where people could voluntarily come if they wanted.

No she wouldn't.

There's a script for that, and no. I did not.

Butterfly cookies!

That's awesome! Cookies look good.

Denial. The foundation of /lisg/.

*Headphones recommended*
youtubemultiplier.com/58a66a41b1fb7-lisg-pricefield-shore.php

There's no sixth video it's just an empty spot

>"Oh wow Max thank you so much for believing me about my story, saving me on the roof with you honesty and reassuring words, and for busting Jefferson and Nathan to prove I was a victim. Oh....? You like Chloe? But that's a sin. Sorry not talking to you anymore, repent or burn in hell" - Kate according you you
There is no denial. You are just retarded.

>There's no sixth video it's just an empty spot
>an empty spot

I read that as an empty slot to be filled with Chloe's dickfingers.

>Implying any of that can be canon when Bay: Chloe dies and when Bae: Everyone dies.
But if you want to go with your fanfiction canon, then I guess you can make Kate OOC and say she'll support Max's and Chloe's relationship.

>There is no denial. You are just retarded.

Kate is the head of a Bible study group and comes from an extremely conservative family. She quotes Bible scripture and is driven to suicide when a video of her making out with multiple dudes, not outlandish behavior for a young woman her age, is posted on the internet. Granted the video was taken against her will, but still. She's not the tolerant Christian everyone makes her out to be.

Hence, Kate Marsh, Evangelical Republican.

>She's not the tolerant Christian everyone makes her out to be

You haven't presented any evidence for this, you've only stated that she has a set of core beliefs that we've only seen her hold herself to.

An intolerant christian is one who judges others and insist they change their lives in order to fit their beliefs, Kate is portrayed as meek, quite soft and generally kind.

>Kate is portrayed as meek, quite soft and generally kind.
Doesn't mean she isn't judgmental internally.

But there is no evidence of that at all within the games.

Head of a Bible study group? Isn't there a line of inner dialogue by Max about some people thinking Kate is pushy with her beliefs?

And that doesn't mean she's going to destroy close friendships because of harmless choices.
But you still have presented not a single bit of evidence that Kate would be against a same-sex relationship, especially when it involves one of her friends being so much happier than she has ever been.
You've just boiled down Kate into a single "Christian" caricature like has been done with Chloe's "punk".

Kate's reaction to the video was not because of her religion, it was because of the reaction. Kate prided herself on who she was and suddenly it's challenged by everyone, maybe even to an extent by Kate herself.
If she was an atheist she would have ended up on the roof because people she thought cared about her turned on her and because she was dealing with the fact something happened to her and she didn't full know what. That's not a reaction based on faith, that's a reaction to what she perceived as life-ruining stress.

He's got you with this , user.

But we aren't talking about the video, senpai. We're talking about Kate herself and her beliefs.

No, there isn't a line like that.
Kate runs a club and attends a few others. There's nothing pushy about that.
This conversation has been had before.

Being a participant or having a personal belief/moral does not make someone a fanatic. Kate's aunt (and possibly her mother) is more fanatical and Kate is clearly displeased with that kind of reaction. It's what contributes to putting her on the edge.

Well that can be interpreted in a couple of ways.

The first being that yes, there are some people who she tried to push her religion onto, which does contradict how she is portrayed in the game.

The alternative is that people think Kate is pushy for having a bible study group and construe polite invitation as being pushy.

The problem is that its quite vague and relies on how other people feel being reliable. But again, this is a single line of inconsequential dialogue that isn't supported by anything else in the game.

Ignore retards.

One thing is for sure: None of the characters would ever be friends with these shitheads (this one samefagging shithead).
Even Kate would dislike people that like to talk bull shit about her and others on the internet.

>Being this much in denial.
Just admit Kate wouldn't have a very good opinion on homosexuality from her heavily religious upbringing.

And there's no indication Kate is how you present her to be.
There's the potential she judges people internally, but in a realistic sense it would be nowhere near the level you claim, if at any level. Kate is not like that.
There's plenty of things going on at Blackwell that Kate may personally oppose to, but those engaging in those acts are not her so she leaves them be.
She's not going around campus demanding people stop drinking or using drugs- she just doesn't use them herself. She's not going around yelling at people for having sex- she just chooses not to have it herself. She's not demanding everyone convert to being vegetarian/ vegan. She's not yelling at Max for being friends with a girl who has blue hair and tattoos- By Chloe's own words, Kate seems cool, and Chloe is wary of nearly everyone she meets.

I'm done. I made my final point. The last few weeks have had some very dedicated trolls or people just completely missing things, or willingly ignoring them.
It's decreased the overall comfy level.

But that's what the nice images are for!

I'm sorry that different opinions that have facts to back them up scare you so much. People disagree with me and I don't consider them trolls on that merit.

If you want people to take you seriously or even share your beliefs then have some evidence for your claims.

Who are you referring to?

Everyone in general.
You can have an opinion or idea but don't expect anyone to react positively to it if all you cannot provide substance to it.

Yes, Kate is of course shown as a person that would stop being friends with someone that saved her life and that she calls an angel because their love does not conform to her beliefs.
Let us ignore the fact that Stella, her friend, does also not conform to them and ignore furthermore the entire game altogether that does not at any single point show her to be intolerant or against people because of her beliefs, and just say something because we are retards.

Did someone say Stella?

She even says Victoria was nice and that she forgave her. Forgiving the person who was one of the main bullies and spreaders of the video.
The only one Kate shows any dislike towards throughout the game is Nathan. Which is entirely justified.

>That cuddling
>Chloe looking totally content and at peace
>Max lockscreen on her phone
Cute

What are some of /lisg/'s other favorite characters from non LiS material? Any consistent traits you like across different sources? Or maybe pairings.

Chloe knew from a young age what she wanted.
William and Joyce probably realized as well who their daughter liked. Now that Chloe are Max are older, Joyce couldn't be happier for them and knows William would be too.

I can see Chloe being friends with Zoe from L4D, Max and Lara Croft would share a lot of stories

Scott Shelby would rape Jefferson to suicide in prison

That would certainly be interesting

R- Rabbit ears?!

Max, he's right behind you!

Jefferfield > Pricefield

Probably just some silly headband they saw while out at the mall

>t.Jefferson

Max, don't move. Stay calm and stay still. I'll take care of him.

Uhh, y-you that shotgun with slug rounds, r-right Chloe?

*you loaded

Of course she does.
Or Max could pause time, walk out of the path, and Chloe could ventilate Jeffershit with shot.

>Life is Strange: Part 2.
>Jefferson: "Are you really going to go through with this?"
>Max: "I'm going to find and I'm going to rewind every last one of them."

Jefferson did nothing wrong.

You know that's not true
He objectively did everything wrong from any angle you look at it

He's just an artist!

And he breaks every rule he establishes and does the exact same things he criticizes

What are they playing?

Obstacles or the song titled after them, which to them is just something they come up with

why do i like this game so much
its not even that good

It is a pale imitation of a life you can never lead, a brief glimpse into a world you can never inhabit.

It was great until the Dark Room is found and then it just tumbles downhill by explaining nothing, giving no reason to believe what is being suggested, or just having the characters act oddly when there are far better and more obvious courses of action.
It doesn't count for much when a 'Make choices' game forces me to go along with some very silly actions.

So do Michel and the other devs

>Jefferson holding Max hostage
>Chloe pointing gun at Jefferson but she cannot guarantee the shot
>Max screams "Chloe shoot!"
>Freezes time
>Get outs of Jefferson's grasp
>Max steps a few feet away and resumes time
>Jefferson has just enough time to register what happened and scream "WHAT HAPPE-"
>Chloe blasts him
Or Max could take Jefferson's gun and turn the tables if she wanted to capture him alive.

>Get kidnapped by Jefferson in the dark room
>No graphic sex scene of Jefferson penetrating Victoria and Max while they're drugged
May as well just let us go ape with this bullshit, devs

Disgusting.

Unfortunately, a webm of that exists if you're sick enough to find it, Nathan.

cuddling and dreaming together

Warren is Elliot Rodger.

nah, he's nowhere near as based

tfw when I have this as my desktop...

Kill yourself, nice guy.

>guy

I'm actually a devout christian girl attending blackwell academy

Also, bye

Damn right.

Someone paint a picture with Max's Teddy, with the lyrics, "I can't seem to see through solid marble eyes."