DUI thread

>Share your st/o/ries

Other urls found in this thread:

azdot.gov/mvd/driver-services/driver-improvement/dui
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can't really. Never got caught.

I did however, from maybe 18-23, drive home wasted pretty much every weekend. Really incredible that I never got arrested or hurt anybody with my stupidity.

Closest call for me was when I got pulled over speeding after consuming maybe 8-9 beers. Thought I was fucked for sure, but he just let me off with 74 in a 55 and sent me on my way. Never mentioned my breath or googly eyes... Nothin.

Got one in 2012. Fucked up my life real good. Took 2 years to resolve and cost me over $10k

One of my good friends has had fucking three drink driving incidents, but two of them were dropped to reckless driving because his parents are well-off and can afford good legal console. He also got into a good state school with shit grades because they threw money at the school. FML

At least you recognize your stupidity. I really hate the idiots who think that getting home drunk means that they are somehow capable to do it and not just lucky. Especially the idiots who think they do better drunk because "they're more careful".

>be me
>be Christmas 2011
>driving under the influence
>go 20 MPH over the limit
>faggot cop sees me
>"OH SHIT"
>I GAS GAS GAAAAS IM GONNA STEP ON THE GAS TONIGHT I FLY-
>*hits curb then street light*
>get arrested by faggot cops

I hate America and it's shitty faggot cops. I can't wait to move back to Ireland.

>Especially the idiots who think they do better drunk because "they're more careful"
I thought this was the standard pothead line? Haha

I drive slower maaaan

Yo the gov is making mad cash with their DUI laws especially in the West coast of this country. I feel your pain.

Did the same for about a year, never caught. I look back often and realize how fucking stupid I was for driving home blackout.

Fuckheads like you are costing innocent people money with your absolute garbage decisions. The government can rape your wallet until you die for all I care

I don't drink more than 4 beers if I plan on driving home.

Four beers a lot dude, you might not feel it but a chance breathalyzer will still probably get you for DUI.

It should cost more and have a mandatory jail sentence.

Stay mad.

Really depends what beer. Four Miller Lights isn't really shit, but four IPA's can get you buzzing hard.

Not a manlet.

4 heavies is my cut off for driving. 6'4 210

ride above the legal limit but not drunk all the time
>if a cop trys to pull me over ill run and either die or get away win-win imo

>alchohalic mick complaining that cops are actually doing there job
kek'd

not me but
>two weeks ago
>big bridge in town which leads to a big intersection
>fuckwit with a corrola facelift got pissed, had aburdly high alcohol level
>his gf piss drunk as well
>gets up to 155km/h and hits a couple in an auris, from behind
>couple in auris died, husband instantly, wife died after being taken to the hospital
>the drunk fuckwit and his gf drive on for about 130m
>hit a tree, they got off with scratches, the people in the other car died

>somewhere else in the country, same time period
>two people hit by drunk driver on the pedestrian crossing, guy was driving at 100+km/h
>no idea if he was caught

>years ago, at my nan's
>be me and cousins, leave a plank full of nails in the street, coming out of a curve
>some guy with a nissan suv drives right over it, hitting it and just drove off
>clearly recall seeing him take a swig of beer as he passed the plank

>go to friend's with car, spent some time over there
>drink big glass of wine
>feel relatively good
>leave, walk 5 m to where my car was
>get in, start driving
>wine hits
>realize
>drive 50km/h home(wasn't very far)
>get home, open gate and park car in yard
>go to sleep

>Being a copcuck

>Police arrested a danger to society
haha fucking KEKS

I highly doubt they are making 'mad cash' since the bulk of that was paid to my lawyer

I paid for a year of probation which was $1500

I paid for the alcohol education courses which was $600

Then I also paid for the license reinstatement which was another $500

Drug testing was about $200

Probably forgetting something but all-in-all they didn't make out with much. If you don't have the cash to pay for any of this, you can substitute it with community service.

Yeah, and it's still stupid. Fucking addicts who can't admit their fucking problem.

The government doesn't make jack squat in fines. Go find fines in your locality's budget. It's practically nothing compared to what those crimes cost society, and also nothing compared to taxes.

A friend of mine got drunk and drove home one night. The next day the cops showed up and arrested him. Apparently he hit someone while driving home but obviously doesn't remember anything. He ended up getting 2 years in jail for it, he could've gotten a much longer sentence but the cops couldn't check his alcohol levels because too much time had passed. By the time they showed up he just had a hangover. He got nailed with a hit and run and DUI.

I'm honestly astounded when I think of the retarded shit I've done that I've never gotten a DUI. After reflection a few years ago I stopped drinking and driving completely, thankfully it didn't take a DUI to stop me

>i just want to get drunk and drive ;((

fuck off

>commie
>hate cops

color me suprised

I tried driving high once and will never do it again.

I only did it a handful of times in the first ~year I started driving, I don't do it anymore -- mainly due to not drinking as much. It's not worth it.

But goddamn the states I would drive in.

>Driving home from brothers
>2AM
>6 beers deep
>stoned
>turn the last corner before the straight that my house is on
>cop stop
>im fucked
>tunnel vision
>panic attack
>oh my god my life is over
>im gonna lose my job every holy shit fuck what an idiot
>cop waves me through

I know what nirvana feels like.

>Put more miles on with a beer in my hand than not.
>know my limits
>life is good for 20 years
>One day mow the yard, have a few beers, go work on a car have a few beers, go visit a friend, have a few beers, pick up a 12 pack on the road so I can have a couple on the way back home.

Then I go over the line. The couple I was supposed to have turned into a 6-pack, missed my turn for home and ended up on a heavily patroled highway where I got called in for not being able to maintain my speed and blew a .20. Lost license (had work permit) for 6 months and had blowjob buddy in my car for the same. Lawyer and fines was about $5k.

>>be me and cousins, leave a plank full of nails in the street, coming out of a curve

Why?

Wow

Not DUI but got pulled over once i was being stupid and doing 80 in a 45 zone when i saw the cop it was too late so i slowed down using my handbrake as much as i could without making super apperent got her down to about 63 and i sailed right past him pulled me over i told him my speedometer was off by 5 so idk how fast i was going road was empty so i think he bought it let me off with a warning

You must definitely be white

Kek no im a dirty spic

Never got a DUI. Driven buzzed plenty of times, but only drove home completely shitfaced twice. First time was uneventful, just came home and passed out. Second time cops were everywhere and I was panicking hard. I passed one cop going the opposite way, then passed another cop who had pulled someone else over. Later on I found a flare in the road so I stopped the car and picked it up for some reason, I don't remember why.

>I found a flare in the road so I stopped the car and picked it up for some reason
Was it lit ?

Yes. That's why I stopped I was so intrigued, I had never seen one up close before.

I drove my brothers r34 around a McDonald's carpark smashed once does that count? My brothers missus was sober driving and she can't really drive manual and we didn't want her rear ending someone.
Even just driving at 10kph I felt shit, I would hate to think what driving pissed is like in traffic

roommate was drunk, drove his car and hit someone, putting them in the hospital. Ended up not going to jail

Another time, this girl that already had 2 DUI's on her record was drunk at 3pm and went into oncoming traffic and hit my friend who was on his motorcycle, killing him. They havent sentenced her yet.

Thanks wisconsin

>mfw a guy I worked with got fucked over by DUIs and he never injured anyone

Any burger wants to tell a yuropoor what happens when you get a DUI?
I know what it is, but I don't know how much it fucks up your life afterwards

i got a dui about a year and a half ago.

my car was impounded, I went to jail for 3 days, had to have a breathalyzer in my car for a year as well as special registration plates that indicated I had been arrested for DUI. All in all is and it ended up costing me about $8,000. all in all it cost me about $8,000.

I somehow kept my good paying job, even though I missed 3 days of work due to being in jail which I told my employer about.

Now, it doesn't really impact me too much, other than having a DUI on my record for life and also the higher insurance rates for the next 2 years. I thought it would impact my career much more than it did, but I found out company's don't really care about DUI's that much, unless of course you're a truck driver. I mean fuck, george w. bush got a dui and he became president, kek.

Just don't drink and drive. not at all worth it. that and it's a really stupid and selfish thing to do. If you think you have a problem with alcohol, please reach out to someone today or make a commitment to not drink alcohol, like I did.

land of the free

:^)

Only got one. That's all I needed to learn it was a dumb idea and I should have gotten a taxi

>drinking gin and tonic while I'm watching my parents house while they are out of town
>decide to go outside and kill some groundhogs because they are fucking up the lawn and my mom has been bitching to everyone about it
>killing groundhogs goes into overtime
>go inside to get the fifth so I don't have to keep going back inside and taking my shoes off
>knock it off the balcony into the dirt and it empties before I can rush down to get it
>fuck
>nice buzz going but not shitfaced
>liquor store is only 5 miles
>take my dads mustang and head to the liquor store
>get my gin and more tonic
>when I'm pulling out of the liquor store I gunned it
>as soon as I'm going into 3rd I see a cop on the other side of the road
>he definately saw me do that
>he turns around and starts to follow me while I slow down
>he turns on his lights
>I know im fucked but I don't want the car to get towed so I kept driving for about a half a mile to a private parking lot then stopped
>cop was surprising chill
>tried to deny drinking but he apparently saw me leaving the liquor store when I floored it
>he says "dude you reek of liquor, I can smell it standing out here"
>finally admit to drinking "a few drinks" (it was more like 8 or 9)
>asks me to step out and if I will take a breathalyzer
>know I'm fucked either way, More so If I don't take it and they have to bring me to the hospital for a blood draw
>take the PBT
>.21
>as soon as he showed it to me I said "fuck..."
>he laughed and handcuffed me
>ask if they will tow the car
>cop says no, An I'll be out once I'm under .06
>spend 17 hours in jail until they let me go

Got 3 years probation, lost my license for 90 days, 1000 for a lawyer, 3200 in fines and court/probation costs

fuck that man. If I have one drink now I'll call an Uber or walk. Not worth it

never gotten a DUI, occasionally I drive with a beer or two in my system but never more than that

I have been stopped for suspicion of drunk driving once before though

>coming back from movie late one night with girl
>in unfamiliar part of town
>was talking to her not really paying attention
>she tells me that I'm about to miss my exit
>swerve a bit and get on the exit in a bit of a rush
>was speeding a bit too
>there was a cop car behind me about 10 lengths back
>didn't see him until he turns his lights on after I leave the exit
>oh fuck.png
>cop ask if I was drinking
>i hadn't
>they have me step out of the car anyway and do the standard field sobriety test
>let me go with a warning

I was suprised they didn't at least give me a speeding ticket.

It's designed to fuck over poor people. Depending on state the fine and fees go from anywhere 3k to 10k for a first offense. My state is one of the harshest in the country. Here you are required to spend time in jail, depending on circumstances.

The secretary at work was barely over the limit and pulled over right before she made the turn to her street. At the end she ended up paying 10k and had to spend a week in jail and have this stupid breathalyzer on her car for a year, which has to be calibrated every month which takes at least two hours of your day and is mandatory. The thing beeps at random and she has to blow on it, even if she's driving. Thing is anyone can blow on the fucking thing so it doesn't matter.

My friend who is a former CFO of Sega and is rolling in money had got pulled over absolutely shit faced doing 30 over on the high way. She called her lawyer, she paid him a lot of money, paid around 7k to the state, didn't go to jail or have to do any community service or anything of the sort. She is in AA but that was not court ordered. At the end she just spent the night in jail, no device on car or anything like that.

If losing 10k doesn't break you then it's nothing more than an inconvenience, but if you're poor you probably won't be able to legally drive for years.

which state?

AZ

azdot.gov/mvd/driver-services/driver-improvement/dui

>mandatory jail time for no less than 10 days for first DUI

wew lad that's bad

>Drive literal thousands of times drunk
>2AM
>Want food
>Drive to Taco bell
>Closed
>Fuck I'll drive to Wendy's a mile away
>Headlights were off
>Woop woop
>Refuse to do roadside test
>Arrested
>Refuse to blow
>Cop's pissed but can't do anything due to state law
>Busted down to an OUI
>90 day license suspension, breathalyzer in car for 1 year

Shit sucked and probably ran me a total of 2-3 grand. Also had to go to Rehab because court said so.

In the state I got it in, dismissed cases become "sealed" so it doesn't even show up on my criminal record so win I guess? Learned my lesson though.

Oh shit

>that first story

I need a scientist to describe to me why the fuck terrible shit doesn't happen to the drunk drivers in situations like this.

Because most drunk drivers T-Bone people or swipe the driver's side with their non-driver's side so the crumple zone protects them

In 2013 i had a close call. Sunday afternoon, had a beer, a smoke, a fap and napped. That night went for a drive at midnight and grabbed some krystals, on the way back was going 10 over, entering downtown and got stopped. I wasn't so much intoxicated, just relaxed during the stop that I failed the sobriety test, put in the back of a car for 20 minutes and breathalyzed twice, car searched etc. Near the end of it I told the cop that my favorite show (top gear) was going to be on and so I think that kinda eased the situation, he uncuffed me and let me go.

Learned a lesson, don't fuck around at night if you've been partying in the least during the day. From them on I always checked myself.

Also he pulled me over right in front of my apartment. So my neighbors were coming out (after midnight) and walking up to the cop car to see me in there. I made faces at them.

ITT: People who should mix cyanide with their next drink

I don't drink anymore so joke's on you

Not me, but one of the regulars that comes in to my job.

>be 2013
>Guy is walking across a crosswalk
>Drunk driver comes screaming around the corner
>He tries to get out of the way, gets his leg smashed under the tires and is spat out the back
>Driver crashes
>Now
>Has had dozens of surgeries to try to fix his leg back
>Will never walk without a cane again, but has luckily healed up pretty well all things considered
>Leg is still bad enough he can't work, so he is a stay at home dad
>Gets to spend a lot of time with his kid while he grows up
>Collects an undisclosed--but apparently hefty sum every month from the drunk driver
>Dumb shit that ran into him lost his fucking arm in the crash
>Was driving without a license
>License was taking away
>For drunk driving
>My regular's life turned out super awesome, and his house and family are beautiful

If the truck had hit him any other way, his life could have been ruined or ended. But somehow, he got the karmic justice that he was due.

Guy has a fuck awesome board game collection, too.

For every one of these stories, there are ten more where the drunk guy just stumbles out while the victim dies on impact

Wrecked my car on the touge the other weekend. Alcohol was certainly a factor, but more of a confidence booster than motor skill inhibitor. Cops showed up, said i smelled like alcohol, have me the tests, but I was good and I only blew a .0047 or whatevs so they were cool. One even gave me a ride back to my house.

lesson learned - I am not a racecar driver

Did you hire a lawyer? Did it change the outcome?

is that a cadillac? what year/model

13 ATS 3.6

Was a sweet car, probably the best thing financially to happen though as it was starting to have problems and the warranty was up. Also resale value a shit

Daily reminder that if you drink and drive (more than a beer or two) you are a fucking idiot and if you kill someone you should be thrown in jail for the rest of your life or executed.

g6 is that you?

>when the bath salts hit

naw nigguh. Who dat? some tripfag?

Never drove drunk but drive high a good bit. I vaguely remember one time I was coming home from little ceasers and felt like I was an octopus pushing down on the pedals. Sometimes I'll just keep going straight or wind up at my house when I was going to work.

My need to shitpost supercedes any thing else even the lives of others while driving

Yo you're an ill ass faggot

nah just some nigga with an ats

not to sound like a fedora'd gentleman, but I don't drink at all, and people who drive drunk should be publicly flogged.

how degenerate can you get

Have driven drunk from friends 5 min away, not that it justifies it. Driven on every kind of drug which i dont recommend. Not worth it. Been pulled over high on weed but never caught. Stay safe

Your gay mate

Including acid molly mush coke xans weed and combinations of them

>coming home from little ceasers and felt like I was an octopus pushing down on the pedals.
Man that must of been some good shit

So glad I dont drink at all, having to keep your alcohol levels in mind must be a pain everytime you go out

So should speeding.

Oh wait, dont like the sound of that?