California thread ~

I fucking hate are my job. I live in Toronto and I managed to land a decent job as a web developer our of college taking in 70k cad/year. I hate the weather here, the cold, the salt, honestly I don't have many friends and everything feels fake.

I'm getting really fed up with everything. the weather is shit, I hate everyone,, the roads are garbage. I have about 20k saved, a 2013 focus ST almost paid off.

I have American citizenship. People seem to hate on California for roads and politics, but Toronto already has fucking terrible roads, asshole cops everywhere, terrible cold bullshit climate, and stupid politics. the climate at least looks better.

how hard would it be to find a job as a web developer (PHP, JavaScript, html5, Css3)? pic is my life unfortunately

Fuck off we're full.

Honestly we have a few good roads because of our hills. When I used to live there I'd take this two hour drive through the hills and around this lake and it was a good drive.

I'll never understand foreign obsession with Californication

>one of the only two places in US that resembles a civilized modern society
Yeah, truly a mistery. Face it, there's nothing of value in between California and New England+New York.

Obviously not or we would see it portrayed on TV. Op your skills will land you a min wage part time job in California. Might I suggest a place to live where you can purchase a house on those wages. Try the central valley around Bakersfield houses are 60k and your only a 3 hour commute to LA.

you should be able to find some jobs in California with your skills

honestly California is an improvement over Canada even if California isn't the best state

California has a population over 38million the entire country of Canada is only 35 million. Job competition is fierce here so unless your a woman or a legally recognized minority your going to have a hard time finding a cooperate job with hireing quotas.

Think about Texas Mr. Cuck

Yes yes come to California head to San Francisco there are thousands of 200k year tech jobs just waiting to be had. Pick up some funding for your new app and become a billionaire overnight. If that doesn't work out you can get rich panning for gold in our flowing rivers.

Highest business tax in the country, highest fuel cost in the country, highest income tax, highest taxes, car registration fees, strict smog laws, shit infrastructure, insane living costs. Why would you want to come here? As a business owner I can tell you competition is fierce. But we are always looking for people that can help us expand. You need to have that mentality of always moving forward and succeeding. Business owners can smell it in you. If you don't have it you don't move up the company ladder.
If you can secure a job before moving out that will be the best route. FiSt fag here.

In general, business has been pretty good here in San Diego recently, I don't know about your specific market though.

It's NOT cheap...

Fuck California. Your skill set is employable in most major cities. Not just shitty-Cali. Move somewhere like Oregon or Arizona. Less shit-for-brains people, less fucking retarded laws, more freedom and better views.

We can establish Canadian winters suck, but lets not forget the other seasons that are pretty great for driving.

I just tripped across Canada this winter and I have to say the drive around superior was definitely the most memorable piece of road. I think the biggest thing for car enthusiast is to not live in a big city if you want to enjoy the roads, I grew up on the east coast and am pretty bias when I say this but if you want to enjoy driving the shit out of your car its the place to be. Yeah the salt sucks in the winter but the moment the snow starts to melt its pretty great.

Dont let the winter madness get to you OP, it sucks, everyone agrees, but its the perfect time for wrenching away until us car enthusiast can hit the roads again.

You work for lowes???

Don't forget governor Brown just signed another gas tax and registration increase bill. now my registration will be around $800. year for a pickup truck and $600 for a car. But hey we don't mind there are people who need free illegal drivers licences free insurance free health care free housing free food free dreamer college. I don't mind paying a little extra then everyone else in the USA if I can help just one illegal alien support their 6 kids through college for a degree in computer programming.

just shut up and pay your taxes filthy middle class scum

I know I'm barely getting by here on 250k a year before taxes and I will never be able to afford a house. But hey rents cheap only $4599 a month for a one bedroom with a roommate. We have a clean air tax an gas here in this county. That way I pay a little extra then the rest of California for gas, you know to keep my air clean.

at least you guys have legal weed

At least you don't only get 12 hours a week because your employer is trying to get you to quit without having to pay unemployment. I want to die.

Bait

like 28 States out of 50 have legal weed dude lamo try again. I'm super busy living the California lifestyle today. just finished up a surf session now time to get some fresh powder in the mountains from last night's storm. Maybe get some rock climbing in after that.

sounds like fun

That's just how we do. But seriously there are still cheap houses under 100k in California just not where anyone would want to live. Unless u don't mind freezing fog all winter and 115° f heat all summer. The only place is southern California Beach towns. with perfect 74 degree temps year round.

Lost it

>barely getting by here on 250k a year
If you're not baiting, where the fuck do you live? I make 120k a year and have a small house in south OC.

No man Arizona is fucked up. Shitloads of illegals that steal and scam and tweakers. Not to mention the 110 degree summers

Oregon would be nicer for sure

Dunno about where you are, but in my state, if your employer hired you on as a full time employee, and you were full time up until they started being a dick (and have pay stubs to prove it, if needed), you can file for partial unemployment. Basically, every week you work under 35 hours, you get a check to make up the difference.

If you were hired on as part-time originally and just aren't getting as many hours now, it might not work though. And the law in your state might be different, around here probably 25% or more of the work force is in construction or other seasonal jobs, so the partial unemployment thing was pretty necessary to keep them from just moving the hell out of a state where you can only find work 6 months out of the year.

Might be worth looking into though.

Nah it's part time but I was supposed to get 25 hours and I'm scheduled 12 hours or less last week, this week and will be next week. Manager won't even let me come in early or anything. It's fucking bullshit, how do I survive on $400 a month?

Satan is right but he left out a crucial part of the California experience: housing is competitive. You will have to fight to get a rental around the places with tech jobs.

Even as a Canadian I can tell you that California is a shithole.

Honestly sounds like your problems really have nothing to do with your location and everything to do with your situation. You're just coming off as a little jaded and lonely. Maybe seek some sort of therapy before attempting to emigrate from your country and high paying job?

This.
Move to a flyover state.

We have millions of illegal Mexicans to support here in Cali we don't need any Canadians or other Americans. They are just here work and only want the jobs white people won't do is racist. They want all the jobs especially easy ones like sitting at a computer.

Not that hard, just shotgun your resume and shit.