/vn/ - Childhood friend edition

Visual Novel General #1355

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.
E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fTkwNLMVsPI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

please for the love of god tell me she gets a route or at least an h-scene either in the main game or in one of the fandiscs.

it would be a fucking travesty to not include any content with her.

-

How do I stop fapping to NTR?

Makina is best girl

I'm sorry user. She gets nothing.

D-don't do anything rash now, user.

I want to ____ Akane.

i just want to fuck the imouto dammit

Chrono Clock when

^_^

I thought some user said late last thread that one was up on nyaa now. I haven't checked yet myself because I'm on the fence about detached hscenes, but I'll probably download it during the day tomorrow.

does any of the "minor" characters get any extra content? honestly many of them are better than half of the main heroines.

He was lying.

desu makina's cuter when her hair looks like her mothers

Not until the fandisc, no.

kind of off topic, I'm watching Clannd anime, should I go back and read the VN when i'm done?

I LIKE LOLIS!

Please don't bully childhood friends

What VN?

Don't. NTR games have great art. Just don't self insert.

Clannad*

Reminder that Cosmos is best Himawari

If you like it sure, Tomoyo's route is pretty good, Kyou and Ryou not so much and it has a route for a minor character that doesn't show up in the anime. It's kind of a pain in the ass to 100% but if you like the adaptation which is pretty damn good you get more character interaction and tearjerker scenes.

Da Capo III

Ok I will check it out, i'm almost half way through the anime.

I will never not be angry at what a waste Kyou's route was.

a game where nearly every side girl is more interesting than the main cast.

Also never to be see again

Noted will do that last or never.

After Story is where it gets really good

At least I will always have Charles.

You never do bad routes last, that just makes you drop the VN.

why would they mention the copy part

Because they know.

Dunno, maybe they were helping the pseudo-JOPs. It's a pretty useful tip though.

Maybe some wouldn't know it was possible.
Maybe it also applies for when an error message pops up.

>Maybe it also applies for when an error message pops up.
It does

I tried handwriting all of it, but then I realized my handwriting is awful. So I went with a font.

I hope it's good enough

How come you couldn't get your cute girlfirend to write it with her girly handwriting?

Not him but why even read bad routes? Routes are generally such a large time investment that it's just not worth the time it would consume.

The exception would be if the bad route is required to unlock other routes i guess.

Because I always 100% clear VNs, my momma didn't raise no quitter

Looks good to me. Now work harder, I want to see the entire thing done by the end of the month.

so its all ages?

Yup, that's an appropriate way to treat Sumika alright.

>Not using comic sans
Senpai...

Should have used comic papyrus.

Alright this got a chuckle out of me.

>I tried handwriting all of it, but then I realized my handwriting is awful
I can tell you that the typesetters I know wouldn't consider handwriting and whoever told you to was a baka or baiting

good night, mitcher

This is like Osadai centered around tits.

Bout as equally wack.

>no torrent yet

if you want to play so bad, buy it.

I love Sumika!!!

>buying
>ever
lmao

Thank you for fixing the OP.

>barely any hype for Sansha Mendan

Jesus man. Both Michiru's after H-scenes are pretty great. That second one was fantastic. I really loved the style of her underwear too. Perfect.
That was the most confusing "threesome" I've had the pleasure of witnessing. My brain was confused but muh dick didn't care. I highly recommend.

the art sucks so it's no surprise

The hatsukoi 1/1 op looks nice
Damn

Oh boy. She may be a retard, but she's fine as fuck there.

All in due time, I suppose.

It's kusoge translated by a hack.

torrent for what

Also hype is awful, fuck that shit. I'd rather not be hyped and be pleasantly surprised, than be hyped and let down.

Sansha mendam is not tripli approved so it must be shit.

>Takumi cucking himself for the sake of his job
AAAAAAAAA THIS ROUTE IS KILLING ME

Why is the sky in this planet blue?
youtube.com/watch?v=fTkwNLMVsPI

haven't finished the game yet but I like Aries more

Have you done 2048?

I'm on 8/10 of 2048. Aqua is good but I have a personal bias for white haired lolis with red eyes.

Shame that Aries can barely even be considered a heroine.

Somehow I don't trust your opinion, you're a dyke after all.

What's this?

oh yeah
said I'd do this last night

SO AMANE'S ROUTE

Overall, the actual beginning route part was fucking terrible since it was literally sex after sex. I don't think the ending and flashback really gave any context to the sex/ gave it significance other than the fact that she did it to please Yuuji (which isn't that deep when you think about it). I guess it kinda makes sense in theory but it's not exactly the D E E P emotional stuff I was looking for when I play this game. As for the flashback, FUCKIGN 10/10 HOLY SHIT. That saved the fucking route in my opinion and allowed for the route to culminate into a spectacular ending. That bad end was superb, although it was a little bit out of character for Yuuji. The good ending was not that bad too, it was definitely bittersweet and offered an interesting turn in comparison to how the rest of the routes ended. I still don't really like Amane as a person but this route had the exact opposite problem of Michiru's route: Started off badly and ended very well. Really good use of pacing and character development in the flashback even though. My only complaints are that the route didn't touch too much upon the psychological trauma that Amane is currently dealing with like how it did with Michiru's route and Sachi's route (The nightmares and the Split personality stuff) so that was a little bit disappointing. Ultimately, it was a very good route for a sub-par character. The flashback made it a serious pageturner

Overall, alcohol poisoning/10

Emo girl is last on our list. H-here we go

emo girl has the most mediocre route

>it's not exactly the D E E P emotional stuff I was looking for when I play this game.

>Grisaia
>deep emotional conflict

Ah yes, such deep emotional conflicts as "I hate my dad", "I want to fuck my dad", "My parents are dead", and "I'm actually fucking retarded". Great stuff.

Also Amane is best

Angelic Howl really got to me as well. Glad you enjoyed it.

Please do not call Yumiko an emo.

kek

I mean, Makina's route was fucking spectacular. To run away from an organization that has tons of resources while having to watch your back constantly is as interesting of a story as it can get. That being coupled with attempting to deal with the psycological trauma of yourself and the girl you ran away with? What the holy fucking shit m8

Apologies, that's just the vibe I get from her. I'd image I'm wrong just as I was wrong about every one of these girls from the start.

b-baka

yumiko is best girl and if youre looking for something deep, grisaia is not what you're looking for, the problems the girls have are not dealt with in the right way for this game to be deep, 2 girls have ptsd and one is a legitimate retard and the game treats these things as curable instead of life-long and life altering diseases that people struggle to deal with on a daily basis. But, you know its a chinese sliding image erotic novel with a harem ending so it doesnt even matter

Yumiko a qt. Have fun, user.

Man when you put it that way it's like Grisaia is a shittier version of Katawa Shoujo

Do you think she shitposts before or after she itches the ditch?

Well I finished Michiru's after route. It was actually really nice. The first half with was kinda crappy and Michiru was extra retarded. The second half more then made up for it and was actually really nice. That ending was very sweet. Great H-scenes too.

Dunno if I should jump into Yumiko's after now or leave it for last since Makinafag2 just showed up and is doing her route now.

If she's anything truly like us, then she does both at the same time. All the time.

Grisaia has Yuuji and he's a pretty memorable MC. Also Grisaia is a lot more over the top which I liked.

Yeah it was a great after story.
>that bit where Yuuji breaks the 4th wall and talks to (You)
I'm going to end up disappointing him.
You should read the Amane after since you absolutely loved her h-scenes

>legitimate retard and the game treats these things as curable instead of life-long and life altering diseases that people struggle to deal with on a daily basis

I've noted this. I literally just said I was disappointed that it didn't focus on this much. Makina's route dealt with this a lot better than any of them. Each route fucking talks about this and how they all deal with it in their own ways. I understand what you're saying, a disease is not something to take lighty: It is something that sticks with you forever. However, we're talking about novel medium here. A "novel" isn't interesting if it just focuses completely on despair without any other shit. Do you think an entire visual novel about Makina's time in the hospital would be read by most people? I'd read it, but that's not that fucking interesting to many people.

Also fucking stop with this spoiling shit holy fucking shit. CNTRL S PLS

Not necessarily. It's been awhile since I've played KS but they're all pretty good in their own right. Grisaia is a little bit more spectacular than KS. Grisaia goes more into the actiony interesting parts [atleast after the main arc] for a story while KS focuses more on the slice of life stuff for the routes. Both very good in their own right, I'd wager that Grisaia is a little bit more memorable. Katawa shoujo is much more relatable though.

So, Yumiko is /ourgirl/? She truly is best girl, and every time I learn something new about her this is confirmed even more.

shirou is the redman

>ei, ei, ei!
>how does it feel, user-kun?

Yes.

Well she actually gets a boyfriend and lives a happy life so not that similar to us.

Yeah I wasn't expecting to get some actual life advice directed at me through the forth wall. It was nice. Th-Thanks Yuuki-kun.

>You should read the Amane after since you absolutely loved her h-scenes
pic related

Close enough.

get the alcohol my friend

fucking lesbians

This is actually not as bad as it looked like at the beginning. The generic music kinda reminds me of Tsukihime which gives me this comfy feeling for some reason, MC's seiyuu is getting annoying but Shino's is pretty good.

I still hate the UI

desu the visual novel is pretty terrible and the biggest problem is its pacing. Some things go on forever with absolutely no need. Combine that with the ridiculously vague choices in it and you end up getting tired of its bullshit really quickly.

The anime basically took everything of value from clannad and fixed the pacing, all while fixing the abysmal key art style.