Every single day there's a shitload of threads about the 86

Every single day there's a shitload of threads about the 86.
What about it triggers Veeky Forums so much?
It is supposed to be perfect, it's cheap, RWD, lacks all the technology, focuses on fun rather than performance.
It has everything needed to be /ourguy/ yet constantly gets everyone mad as fuck.

Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=260746#post260746
youtube.com/watch?v=dj7WIlliwgQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its because bunch of benchracers and busriders think 1/4 mile times is what makes a good car. But there comes gt86: a slow car on prius tyres that is loved by all. And the benchracers and busriders realize this cars proves they're stupid cunts so they shit on it every day to get revenge.

>everyday there's a shitload of these threads
>decides to make another one to add to the pile
fucking neck yourself, if you just let it die it would go away but here you are keeping this shit alive.
1/10 made me reply

I really like the car after fuckin around in my friend's at the track (and on local backroads), I just want the stupid boxer engine to be pushed into the sea and for Toyota to come up with their own i4 replacement. Problem with it is that everyone wants to put a turbo on it, but once you do you're tuming the thing into a timebomb.

Subaru should have had absolutely nothing to do with it and it could have been really great if they hadn't been allowed to put something less reliable than a rotary when boosted into it.

Because

>no turbo
>front-wheel drive
>80% made in china

It isn't front wheel drive though, that's the only thing it has going for it.

And the motor team was out to lunch

>response of an n/a engine
>fun matters more than numbers
>200hp n/a from a fucking 2 liter >implying hp/l matters, but still) and 33 highway mpg
>wi

Perfect

>we want the response of an NA engine

It's a tuner car that's lackluster stock but has no tuning potential without replacing the engine. Even if you want to slap on a turbo or supercharger you cause the high compression engine to become unreliable without opening it up. There's people blowing up the engine trying to get 250 rwhp after thousands in mods.

There's just so much you can get besides a GT86. You can buy 3 C5 Corvettes instead of one boosted 86, and the Vettes will all make more rwhp stock.

is it fun to lie?

It wouldn't surprise me if Subaru sabotaged the collaboration project with Toyota in certain ways. They still have more interest in keeping their own regular line of sport cars profitable.

Because it's an overpriced Miata

>power
>power
>power
>power
>muh boomermobile
how does it feel to be a busrider that pretends to be an enthusiast by benchracing?
if you want a 1/4 mile car get a vette so you can compare your small dick to other redneck retards who think holding down gas is racing.
For actual fun in car, gt86 is hard to beat.

>muh gt86 is slower than top fuel dragster therefor its shit
stay upset that you don't understand why people like cars.

My problem with the 86 is how overpriced it is, even 2nd hand.. They're still fetching 20k in Aus. Not worth it when just as thrashed s15s etc. are around for a few k cheaper.

I just don't understand why Toyota couldn't have teamed up with Yamaha instead.

Other than that it's pretty much the most balanced car on the market. I love it.

My 2.4l shitbox is near identical in speed to a gt86 and it's pathetic.

I'd rather buy a boomer mobile and shove the other 15k I'd save up my ass to massage my prostate

>For actual fun in car, gt86 is hard to beat.

used 350z.

Welp time to defend a car I don't own, again.

Straight line performance is meaningless. The GT86 will be faster in corners, more reliable while racing, more stable and more fun.

They are heavy and have floppy chassis. The brakes will fade after only a couple of laps.

>Straight line performance is meaningless. The GT86 will be faster in corners, more reliable while racing, more stable and more fun.

holy shit look at this damage control

LOL XDXDXDXDXD

I JUST LITERALLY

PEED

MY

PANTS

JUST A LITTE THOUGH

I MEAN ITS A LITTLE SPOT NOT LIKE IT RUINED MY CHAIR R NYTHING LOL BUT FOR REAL EPIC LULZ HIGH FIVES XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

U FRUSTRATED U FRUSTRATED BRO U SO MAD WHY ARE YOU SO MAAAAD I CAN POST ANYTHING I WANT THAT IS HOW IT SAYS IN THE RULES I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR FAGGOTRY RULES Y SO MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

WHATA FUCK MAN xD i just fall of my chair cuz i couldnt and i CANT stop laugh xDXDXDXDXDDDDDDDDDDDDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD OMGOSH DDDDDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDD LOOOOOOOOOLLLLL THIS IS A SHIT XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD A BIG ONE XDDDDDDDD A GRAT ONE XXXXXXDDDD CONGRATS MAN XD U FRUSTRATED U FRUSTRATED BRO U SO MAD WHY ARE YOU SO MAAAAD I CAN POST ANYTHING I WANT THAT IS HOW IT SAYS IN THE RULES I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR FAGGOTRY RULES Y SO MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

WHATA FUCK MAN xD i just fall of my chair cuz i couldnt and i CANT stop laugh xDXDXDXDXDDDDDDDDDDDDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD OMGOSH DDDDDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDD LOOOOOOOOOLLLLL THIS IS A SHIT hgXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD A BIG ONE XDDDDDDDD A GRAT ONE XXXXXXDDDD CONGRATS MAN XD

WHATA FUCK MAN xD i just fall of my chair cuz i couldnt and i CANT stop laugh

xDXDXDXDXDDDDDDDDDDDDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD OMGOSH

HOOOOOOOOLLLLLLYYYYY SHIT

whatr the HELL

WHATA FUCK MAN xD

i just fall of my chair cuz i couldnt and i CANT stop laugh

xDXDXDXDXDDDDDDDDDDDDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

OMGOSH DDDDDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDD LOOOOOOOOOLLLLL

THIS IS A SHIT XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

A BlG ONE XDDDDDDDD A GRAT ONE XXXXXXDDDD

Car are about moving, which needs acceleration and the GT86 is not good with acceleration.

drag racing is fucking boring and requires 0 skill

It's not about drag racing, you need to accelerate after every corner.

and?
It has plenty.
Carrying speed through corners is more important.
Mini rekt muscle cars, remember that.

its slow in a straight line.
its slow on tracks (see nur results).
its just slow.

Every 370Z has higher corner speed and proper acceleration e.g.
Same goes for every Mustang, Camaro, Genesis

The only reason the GT86 feels sporty is due to the artificial, intentionally enlarged threshold for oversteer - so you can feel like a racerwhile going 30 mph

To add something:
The first FR-S crash in the US happend while cornering at 15-20 mph - that is so pathetic

The GT86 only oversteers on prius tires, and it's extremely predictable. You've never driven the car, have you?

Are you retarded? This car is so easy to control I feel if you can't drive it, or drift it it you should lose your license.

You can literally drift it with one hand on the wheel while checking your email on a phone.

You didn't get the point. I expect my car to drive like on rails through corners. And thats the single point about driving passion, the balance between forward thrust and grip.
The GT86 has no power, so they adjusted it for early, safe oversteer which makes you feel like driving at the limit. Although you are not, you never can and never will, due to no power.

read my post here
and
Yeah, it's made for casuals to feel like race drivers. That is exactly what it is about.

Yeah you're fucking retarded. GT86 does NOT feel fast. If anything, it feels gutless because it's so stable, predictable and easy to drive. Seriously, at least look at videos of it before shitposting.

Of course it doesn't feel fast, because it clearly isn't.
Still, it gives you a safe, early oversteer into a safe, electronic controlled drift to feel like driving at the limit. This has nothing to do with driving, this is just plain stupid. Not talking about performance at all.

Mazda could have done the same with the Miata 10 years ago. But they didn't, because they want the driver to fucking drive himself.

You are right about one thing. The car is supposed to be safe and give everyone a chance to learn how to drive fast.
However, there is nothing electrically controlling the drift. That's not even possible. The predictability and ease of control is a result of great chassis design. In fact, the car feels slower than it actually is because the chassis is so stable.

because the fanbois that own this underpowered cuckbox get so triggered when we point out that a v6 mustang and Genesis is faster on a track.

It's slow, even in the turns, and thus is shit.

>tfw your challenger goes faster through a corner than your friend's GT86

It's purely down to tires, but it's still hilarious. Then, coming out of the corner, it can't pull a wet string out of a cat's ass.

It has nothing to do with drag racing. The marketing angle you faggots are taking with the GT86 is that "it's not for going fast in a straight line, it's good in corners" which is fine except this piece of shit car is simply a worse worse miata. In fact, the NB Miatas even have a higher top speed than the GT86. Power to weight ratio wise, the two are virtually identical

So I don't see the appeal in this car.

You're paying $20k+ for something that a $3,000 beater on Craigslist can do better. In fact, for half that price, you could just buy a S2000 which will BTFO both of these cars.

There isn't a single redeeming feature about the GT86. It's a mediocre car that has cheaper alternatives that can go faster and corner better. Not to mention you're stuck with some meme engine configuration that requires you to pull the engine any time you want to do something as trivial as putting gas in the car

Read here
The guy turned the electronic stability control off and run into a pole while cornering at 15 mph.
The dealer told me that toyota made the electrics for allowing a stable drift.
the car is plain shit

Yeah, I think you have convinced me with this one. Some retard who can't drive crashing and garbage a literal who told you are really good points.

Sucks to drive a car which drifts by itself and requires no skill at all
youtube.com/watch?v=dj7WIlliwgQ

>guy has only driven fwd
>"stepped on the gas during the corner"
>i.e. he caused the back end to step out and didn't know how to correct it
>so stupid you believe that a car has electronic drift control
>but somehow we should take this faggot's story at face value

There are genuine criticisms of the GT86, and then there's this garbage. Isn;t Veeky Forums tired of going through this same thread 5 times daily?

Well that is actually a good point. The GT86 is a good option for someone who wants to buy a new car. It's not going to matter in a few years when the car is cheap used, though.

The fucking car controls throttle and ABS during drifts for you. Good job, you bought the single car in the world which practically requires no skill at all to drive and which is not fast.

Just turn off the electronic garbage. I didn't watch the video you posted all the way but he says in the description you can turn them off 100%. I bet it's as simple as pulling a fuse. Anyway I don't own it.

The electronic garbage is what keeps you casual faggots alive.

>casual

back to /v/ with you child

Tbh you actually have a point. I didn't know the car had so much electronic shit...
The GT86 is basically everything that is wrong with cars nowadays. Bloated, heavy garbage that feels slow. It's designed to be safe and cuck the driver, basically. And the engine is gutless as fuck. The original AE86 is like a total opposite. It was a rattly as fuck tin can. If you tried drifting it as a noob you would spin the fuck out and die.

Its really just because of the price. Theyre all poor. Thats why they prefer the 20 year old miata because they can actually afford it.

Because it has worse balancing than a fucking prelude, and still doesn't have DW front suspension.

Yeah, that's my single point. It a fucking piece full of electronics to make you feel good and keep you alive ... like a dildo.

And due to the fact that there is no electronics which will keep you alive while driving fast they made it fucking slow.

I WOULD agree with you. But the stats on paper also reflect the car's performance. In my opinion, it's average in all aspects; I shouldn't have to mention that it's underpowered we all know that, it corners to a 'meh' level of satisfaction, and there haven't been any significant efforts to correct these issues by Toyota. There are other options to perform better in just a slightly higher price range.

And I forgot to mention, I'm a previous owner of an 86. Just speaking on my personal experience with it.

What do you drive now?

>it can't pull a wet string out of a cat's ass.
Is this a common occurrence when you're from?

>Toyota will never make an RC with the same dimensions as the 86
Life is truly suffering.

The 86 is a good size but underpowered.
The RC has good power but is oversized.

I own my 94 civic. It was the first car I ever bought on my own right after high school. I plan on giving it to my brother as a graduation gift. There's nothing really wrong with it but it has 215k on it so I doubt it'll hold for a long time.

Then I have my 2010 mustang gt that I replaced the frs with a little over 2 years ago. Still paying on that. I personally think it's a win win. Less money borrowed, and even though I've spent a few thousand on mods I'm still at a lower cost than the toyobaru.

You did good. The Mustang offers much more for the price.

overpowered and underpriced

It's also worth mentioning that I have a 88 mustang LX to learn wrenching on. Bought it for $100 a few months back and just had to wait for winter to pass before my older brother and I can start on it. Screw working in the cold.

>Redhead step child non-turbo boxer engine instead of superior I4
>Engine ruined front suspension design so stuck with Macpherson Struts instead of double wishbone
>US doesn't get the base RC race model that doesn't have all the shitty electronics
opinion
>wheelbase too long
>no factory supercharger

>pic related
Lightest 86 on the market (RC). All analog gauges, all options deleted except PS (if wanted), unpainted sheet metal meant for painting/swapping, and steel wheels.

It's only loved by the ignorant
>fuckin around in my friend's
That is all it's good for. Buy it for this and this ONLY.
Because Toyota realized broke people don't buy sporty cars and moved it to their luxury division.

Quality post detected

I've always had a soft spot for em. Definitely happy with it.

anime

The only thing reliably consistent is the disappointment in performance.

Its like dating a cute chick thats terrible at fucking and doesn't enjoy sex