/lozg/ - Legend of Zelda General

ATTENTION: SPOILERS ARE EVERYWHERE. You've been warned

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ta3jHcbslQw
youtube.com/watch?v=xubCItLvNhE
youtube.com/watch?v=67PhISta8VQ
pastebin.com/u/GreenFuck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Any koholint island footage?

CONFIRMED: TP/Smash Link amiibo has a chance of spawning in Epona

I WANT TO FUCK FI

>gonna need a source on that nigga
It's literally the first conversation you have with Impa which is your first objective after the plateau. If you have it you'll see it soon

this isn't even funny dude, his charging electric slash kills me in a single hit even though i went out of my way to boost the equipment defense and cook defense up food. what is nintendo thinking

Where is fireproof gear?

Please respond

Do you have a thing for autistic armless girls user?

A04bTHc5d_A

jEVNiq5XKDs

>I own Smash Link and Toon Link

Does that mean I get a chance at the outfits from those games too?

NTSC .tik when?

Add more of the same ingredients

goron city in elden volcano. Nearby stable sells potions needed to get there

It's not koholint, it's "naked" island where you have to put spheres into their place after getting your equipment removed

Not elden volcano, death mountain. Sorry, was playin skyward sword before this.

If you are using metal equipment, electricity kills you in one shot. If you aren't, maybe try getting more hearts before trying again, or a good hearty dose of git gud.

youtube.com/watch?v=ta3jHcbslQw

That Level 9 piano music in Death Mountain made me smile

Is this NES Hyrule confirmed?

I know most of you people have already gone through the game to hell and back by now and I just wanna know one thing with no spoilers hopefully

Are there traditional dungeons in the game?

someone post a stream

The game isn't that much harder, it's just hero mode by default. Gotta dodge, that's all.

This almost certainly takes place after Zelda 1 and 2.

There are four.

Wow, that sounds pretty disappointing to hear so far

How big are they compared to the average Zelda dungeon? Are they at least huge?

>after

Excuse me the fuck

Not before???

Climbing body armor is in the Major Test of Strength Shrine in the bottom right part of the map near Eventide Island. The small guardian has 3k hp. Wasn't too hard.

Can someone just spoil the entire plotline for me, with spoiler tags of course.

Where is the big korok to let me upgrade my bag size?

If I use Spirit orbs to get a heart container can I change it in the future?

Zelda has the triforce of courage which was sealed away before Zelda 2

How is Link and Zelda's relationship in the game? Is it romantic or just as friends? And is there any other romances in the game? If so, can they be avoided? I want Link_ to stay pure.

Where are the climbing armor helmet and boots?

It's really not that bad, the game is fucking huge. The dungeons are just main objectives, but there is plenty you should do in this game to prepare for everything. Everyone's experience will be different.

Nigger spoiler that shit.

I'm sure there's tons to do though dungeons were always my favorite part about Zelda games. Hopefully there are enough puzzles and stuff in the overworld that they won't be missed

post a stream

Climbing boots are apart of the Secret of the Cedar shrine quest from the Hateno Village. If you look at the map and zoom in, just go east of Madorna Mountain and you should see some rock clusters on the map.

You rescue Zelda from Ganon

There is plenty.

>spoiler tag scenes from the trailer

There's a fuckton of mini-dungeon puzzles. They could have wrapped a few of them together and just made them temples out in the corners of the world, but they didn't.

I don't get it wouldn't that mean this is before Zelda 2 then

Anyone have a working link to the update file?

not that this quite qualifies as proper jazz, but listening to jazz and playing zelda is one of the comfiest experiences i've ever had.

It's after OoT but before TP, the Temple of Time is there plus possibly the Mirror of Twilight, that's just a rumor though

>before TP
wat

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE FAERIE FOUNTAIN REEEEEEE
seriously been looking foe like an hour.

>Before TP
wat

Might as well merge the threads guys, people are not respecting the differentiation

I love the overworld themes but every few hours into a session I like to play another song or two if I'm doing sidequests. For some reason I feel compelled to listen to this while sailing a lot. Also not jazz but

youtube.com/watch?v=xubCItLvNhE

Just ship teasing where Link/Zelda is concerned. You seem to have the option to hit on NPC girls though

>no one spoiler tags shit or keeps hack/.tik bullshit out of this thread

Fuck all of you. Go to Zelda Leaks general if you're going to be cunts.

Death Mountain is a hard and slow level. No joke.

>Before TP
wat

I'm going off of Hyrule Castle, the Hylian Shield, and how the desert is. It wouldn't make sense to be in Downfall if the Temple of Time is still up

Everytime Link and Zelda encounter eachother, Link has more scratches on his back. Not sure what that means

Which one? I found one and heard of another.

I mean I'm not one of them but whar did you expect? I haven't touched drg since the demo was datamined for that reason won't again till i beat it.

someone post a stream

Not in the least bit have a lore spoiler that completely btfo child timeline
>Long, long ago... In a past more distant than even the Great Calamity or the creation of the Divine Beast Vah Ruta… There was a Zora princess named Ruto. We know that she was an attendant to the Zora patron deity and that she was a fair and lively girl, beloved to all. Around that same time, an evil man with designs on ruling the world appeared, bringing disaster upon Zora's Domain. It is said that Ruto then awoke as a sage, facing this foe alongside the princess of Hyrule and the hero of legend. Her achievements are remembered not only by the Zora, they are also forever etched in the history of Hyrule. The Divine Beast Vah Ruta, built ages later to face off against Calamity Ganon, was named in honor of Ruto. That the Zora princess-my sweet daughter Mipha-was chosen to pilot Ruta is surely the work of fate.
You get this from the diary of King Zora

Can I do the Korok Trials instead of the shrines for the Master Sword? If so, what are the answers to the riddles? I'm stumped on the third one.

By the first village.
Old fuck says take a pic of it takes me to the nearby shrine then expects me to find it.

really hard to believe they would give you the master sword for free if you completed that

Just look for a giant melon.

It could still be after TP. I remember seeing an image with one of the Rito referencing a "world in the sky, a realm of twilight, and [something something] in time..."

In the child timeline Ruto never became a sage or fought Ganon

So it's the downfall timeline? But when? All the way at the end?

oh shit! i can see that being a sailing jam. i could see Link, Medli, and Makar grooving to a late 70s funk/disco playlist in KoTRL.

What if it's a converged timeline is Koholint Island legit?

Yeah 10,100 years after OoT

Makes me think of Link and Tetra relaxing on the beach.

Makar would be down to jam though

hey guys, I've finished most of the first two areas in the story, got five hearts, and I'm not sure what to do next

what area is pretty easy with a lot of quests? and money.

It's not child timeline lmao

They mention the sealing war, and Ganon was alive for over ten thousand years sealed under Hyrule Castle while the Royal Family used the Trifoce and Shiekah to build robots. Things went so fucking well that they forgot the old legends.

>Ganon gets rekt harder and harder the further down you go in the timelines

Goddamn, ALttP Link and NES Link hit it out of the park when it came to their jobs.

This game's biggest fuckup is that if it's the downfall tiemline after you get the Master Sword it doesn't switch from serene piano music to the comfiest Zelda theme

youtube.com/watch?v=67PhISta8VQ

So then it's just a fanservice reference?

Post Link and Zelda love please

>Nintendo referencing anything from Zelda II aside from the Temple theme

I don't think you're ready for that.

Where was the Zelda in Zelda 1 during AoL?

Wouldn't she be wondering why her sleeping ancestor with her same name got together with her specific hero when she was awakened?

It's actually kind of surprising how hard Ganon fucked them over this time. Usually his "rule" lasts all of a few days before in the downfall timeline before Link fucks him up. This time he managed to catch everyone off guard, use their own plan against them and then fucked them up so hard that they resorted to using Plan Z that's plan Zelda and wait for Link to rez to pull them out of the fire.

Ganon pretty much had it in the bag and if they didn't have the Triforce, they would have lost.

How is everyone enjoying the streams?

They won't reference any songs from it other than that and the Great Temple, but 90% of the series staples come from Zelda II.

I am ready please

>ruto gets a mention again
>even in Zelda II before Ocarina of Time existed
>stain glass window.
>blows the other sages out of the water.

Ruto is mentioned or referenced more than Niko and Linebeck

That's Ninty for you

How did Plankton get Plan Z from Hyrule?

Probably at home waiting for Link to get back and doing Princess shit like seeing to it that the people of the kingdom are doing okay, sending help to other lands, etc.

She probably knew since she was a kid about the other Zelda. Doubt they'd keep that kinda thing a secret from her. They just probably never mentioned it to Link because they had no real reason to and probably didn't want him to feel obligated to go do them any more favors after he already saved their kingdom.

One criticism I have for BOTW is that the main dungeons can get a bit repetitive. You're just activating terminals until you reach the boss.

Even the royal guard trembles in fear at the sounds of Link and Zelda's primal shrieks echoing through the halls of the castle as they cause the foundations of the palace to shake from their lovemaking

>mfw sneaking into Hyrule Castle asap, dodging killer robots, exploring secret passageways and getting powerful loot
This level is fucking perfect, holy shit. Found a fake bookcase in the library while fucking around with the magnet tool and got a hugefuck sword for it.

wrong. twilight princess is the first time ganondorf becomes ganon in that timeline.

I have no fear

Linebeck is a faggot, that's why.

Niko's okay though

What I wanna know is where's my nigga Quill?

What's with that southeast island?

>and if they didn't have the Triforce, they would have lost
What is basically every Zelda game, Alex?

Ganon had the full triforce in ALttP and lost anyway.

Not really, LttP you had Ganon with the Triforce and he still lost. Fucker just didn't use it right and just wished for the Sacred Realm to become his own place of power and to call out to the darkness in peoples hearts to come to him, which transformed them into monsters.

The Triforce was really only a deciding factor in SS and WW.

>Quill
Nonexistent, along with Medli and the others.

This is a legend passed down through the generations of our people.

pastebin.com/u/GreenFuck

>Linebeck is a faggot, that's why.
Plebeian.