Stupid shit youve seen as a tech

Stupid shit youve seen as a tech

>Customer

"It wasn't like that 'til you test drove it!"

That is just too fucked.

I remember doing a virgin oil change on a 2 year old Malibu with over 20k miles on it.

Ever since I put my new brake pads in it's been making this weird noise. It's very subtle, like a stray cat getting raped by vultures. Maybe check the tire pressure?

plugged my little shitty obd2 scanner into my sisters jetta. every cylinder suffered a misfire. the car only has 70,000 miles on it

Beautiful FCA quality

Some of those misfire codes might only be bad sensors, wiring.

Funny thing about sensors. Are they malfunctioning or doing their job!?!?

What're those holes tho?

every damn coil pack had a crack in them

My friend found this

how even

>smarties
those are rockets you idiot

wut in the actual fuck!

my bet is mice or a squirrel

what the fuck are "normal" smarties called wherever you live?

"normal" smarties being the nestle made M&M competitor

IL, USA here. I've never seen or even heard of Nestle Smarties.

you poor bastards

smarties > M&M's

The fuck is the problem here?

Are those not just worn break pads?

Hnnnngg REEEEEEEEEEE3EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE3EEEEEEEEEEE CRINGE fucking normies use their breaks!!

Dumbass motherfucker

Looks more like ecstasy pills, dealers like to hide shit in random places on their cars in case they're pulled over but I would have thought they'd be wrapped..

VAG quality

I bet mice, it looks like some turds are mixed in with the candies.

That's the backing of the pad, the holes are just dimples, they're from the factory like that.

What the hell, IL, USA here too, I've never heard of rockets or "Nestlé Smarties" either. Apparently our smarties are sold as rockets in Canada.

The pads were installed backwards, dummie. What surprises me the most is that their brakes still worked

>jetta
>fca
Wew

Those do not look like x pills. Exos have to be pressed and always have stupid shit on them like sexy ladys, pacman, or superman. Those are very obviously candy.

Smarties are Smarties in Canada you dumb fuck. M&M clones.

This was me at home. Yea...

I want to slap whoever """""balanced""""" this tire.

>I have no good pics saved
Oh well.

That's not terribly unusual, but it's still too many weights.

Heh

I installed slotted and drilled brake pads for weight reduction and what you described sounds very familiar

Guy was lazy and kept the old weights on. It's probably balanced though.

That, and all 4 tires were counterbalanced and the guy didn't know how to apply sticky weights well. Pic related is one of the other tires on it. Should have gotten a pic before I put it on the balance but oh well.

>slotted and drilled brake pads

THAT MANY? what fuck is this

Still haven't figured out what the fuck this customer meant by this. Was over the gauges when I went to go drive the car in.

Dude, what.

suicide note?

Seems unlikely they'd give a shit about putting tires on their truck if they were suicidal.

you never know I'm putting a new clutch in my shitbox soon

Their friend's suicide note?

>bone stock wrx
>NOT STi

Again, THIS IS NOT AN STI

It's rats. I found slim jims in the valley of a California T, was thinking the same thing until I saw tiny teeth marks. Didn't get a pic though, have some chicken bones and a bagel in an F40

Customer came in for a battery, saying their car died on the highway. Gee, I wonder why, and I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count why the battery wasn't the problem.

Almost forgot, not entirely bone stock, ebay special lower control arms made out of welded together junkyard scrap metal and cut stock springs.

That was me, I ran out of weights before it was perfect though

Did he get 4 new tires and an alignment or did he fuck up his transmission?

Okay story behind this:

>guy comes in for oil change
>dressed head to toe in Subaru Rally Team USA gear
>find all this shit wrong with the car
>drain oil, comes out thick and jet black, chunks of metal come with it
>report to customer
>flips shit, accuses us of making shit up and trying to rip him off
>bring him into shop to show him tires
>"no they're supposed to do that for extra grip when the tread gets low"
>what in the actual fuck
>elects not to repair anything, leaves

>1 week later, comes back, trades car in for brand new Forrester
>idiot sales guys don't even bother to run vin
>pay the guy out STi trade in price for a WRX that needs new suspension, new tires, and new shortblock
>this asshole basically got a new Forrester almost for free because our sales department is staffed by idiots.

They obviously didn't even open the hood or look at the grille either, since the EJ257 is massively different from the FA20DIT and there wasn't an STi emblem on the grille.

who... what... why...

>"no they're supposed to do that for extra grip when the tread gets low"

lost

hard

Uhh, my three guesses are burned clutch, flat tire and blown head gasket

There's no belt on that alternator.

Gol dang, that was my 5th guess

I had a car come in with its lugs on backwards yesterday.

"Loss of Power"

I don't think that's how that part is installed.

oh dear god, wtf is this? rust ? gunk? gunky rust? looks like old, cooled down lard.

poor bike

Those control arms are VERY obviously cast aluminum. What are you talking about?

Fucking how

My friend bought a truck less than a year ago, during a visit to me the water pump gasket started leaking, so we replaced it...

The coolant was muddy water...

I mean, it wasn't literally muddy water, but it fucking looked like it...

Muddy, shitty water coolant.

>3/4 of a ton

The engine noise sounds drastically different with no belt, how would you not notice something was wrong.

Probably a crossthreaded sparkplug that got shot back out.

Is that a chunk of melted Cat?

yep

that tire is not seated properly. look at the bead spacing around the lip of the rim. you need to break it down and reseat it.

The tire is seated fine. It's the wheel itself that's fucked.

Change it up a bit, here's some shit I've either seen or done to get a job done

That's just the clean part of the rim where the old tire' sidewall stuck out a little more than the new one's does, which kept it from corroding and getting dirty.

Holy fuck.