If you have a car payment

You're a retard.

I agree. Unless it's a quick one. Like, under 200 a month and you plan on paying it off within a year or so. That's still shit but manageable.

Yep just like dude in OP's post

>200 a month for a year
Nobody provides auto financing for $1,200-.

Ehh, I don't know. If you could pay something easy like 100 a month and up your credit score that would be ideal. Even a high schooler could do that

"you're"

>being dumb and thinking all car payments are bad

What the fuck are you talking about?

>boss tells me if I'm late/miss work twice within my first year, I'm fired
>coworker says it would be better to just lease a car rather than worry about even the tiniest thing going wrong with my shitbox and missing time from work
>realize people lease cars out of fear of missing work and responsibilities

pretty much..

You dont math well do you?

I agree :^)

>realize people lease cars out of fear of missing work and responsibilities
This is the only reason that's keeping me from buying a sub $6000 econobox

This. I think it's fine to do a small car payment that is easy to pay off so you can build your credit. But most people are retards and get in over their heads.

>boss tells me if I'm late/miss work twice within my first year, I'm fired
do what? kek. start job hunting man. I've never heard anything that dumb from working with literal Mexicans doing lawn care to working in a lab with post docs.

That's why I have two shitboxes

>Oh, shitbox #1 won't start
>Let's see if Shitbox #2 will

Then you fix #1 while driving #2, and vice versa.

If both fail, you call a fucking cab or let your boss know the situation.

Unless you drive a REALLY shit car, the money for a cab when shit hits then fan is way, way lower than leasing/financing a car.

These threads are always nice to see though. The whole credit score cuckoldry of the USA is hilarious. People literally want to waste money so they're allowed to waste more money later on.

>you call a fucking cab
This. People act like if their car doesn't start there's absolutely no other options

If your investments grow at a higher rate than the loan interest then you're wasting money by not getting the loan

>people want to waste money so they're allowed to waste more money later on
KEK!! That's true af. I've never heard that perspective and will definitely use it when people talk about credit in the future.

I mean, if you can pick up the phone or get an uber to get somewhere in time, go for it.

Some people LITERALLY just can't afford to be late...
Time is very important to some people user. It's deal or no deal and life and death minute to minute a lot of the time.
In some jobs, if you're not there, you don't really deserve to be there...
Depending on where you live, this usually isn't an option.
>cab
A cab is time. Time I don't have unless I want to lose some more sleep to get up earlier than the 5 hours I'm already getting.

>life and death minute to minute a lot of the time.
sounds like a shitty job to me. then again I'm not a debtcuck so missing a year or two of work is no big deal in my living standards.

The second part of that reply was the most important part.

bruh........

except it's still fucking stupid. ER docs are late all the time at the hospital I do chem work for. keep running on your little wheel for people who think you're disposable like a good gerbil though.

once you get to a point where you're one of a few people who can actually do shit you're employers get a lot more chill. shame you're a cog though.

we make triple + what an ER doc makes

that's the difference

>not making quadruple what an ER doc makes like me

Found the adult in the thread

I'm not gonna get into figures here

>make 900k a year
>time is life and death
>posting on Veeky Forums
wew, glad your super important job where you're immediately replaceable is worth it to you user.

As someone with a car payment, I 100% agree.

>he didn't add increased insurance premiums and maintenance cost to his calculation
more like found Veeky Forums in this thread. stay poor.

>inb4 muh warranty/free service
kek t. underage