/rwg/ - Rimworld General

Accepting death Edition

>What is Rimworld?
An early access single player survival simulation game like Dwarf Fortress /dfg/
>How is it different from Dorfort?
Sci-fi setting with better graphics and mods
>New patch notes
ludeon.com/blog/
>Mods
steamcommunity.com/app/294100/workshop/
nexusmods.com/rimworld
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0

(I'm new, what mods should I get?)
pastebin.com/GFj7rxKK (embed) (embed) (embed)

(/rwg/ mods)
pastebin.com/6rzMQNjG (embed) (embed) (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/RimWorld/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How mad do you think they'd be if we just gave up and merged with /dfg/

Don't forget to visit our friends over @ reddit.com/r/RimWorld/

They hate us.
control + F rimworld in /dfg/.

We don't care. They have to deal with it.

>when you're so desperate for attention that you singlehandedly keep a general alive for months solely to shitpost in it
I saged.

You're pathetic.

>we

If anything we should just add /cbg/ to the op.

ded general for a ded game

What's the point in merging if nobody talks about Rimworld anyway?

Maybe we should wait until A17 hits.

/dfg/ here
you suck ballz
So it is right, your general exists solely to shitpost /dfg/, impressive anons
You should listen to this gal, m8s. He's the only sane person here

How should we troll /dfg/ today my fellow colonists?

/dfg/ here, stop stirring shit nigger

Its just the local autist.
same dude who does the reddit post(s) and the futamod thing.

No, it's a homegrown /dfg/ dwarf.

shut up futashitter.

rood

kill yourself.

ololo op-pic made in russia.

>futamod thing.
I don't know about reddit, but this is not a bad thing, is it?

He is just "Creative staff" who spams his stupid shit every thread because he is too lazy to learn basic coding.
There is already a lewd mod where you can create futas IIRC yet he still posts it.

Thrumbo IS for cuddles

The Jump guy here, I want to start a new game and there is the mod list:
-Bulk Meals - Nerfed
-RBSE Hardcore edition(Rah's version)
-Less Arbitrary Surgey
-RJB (sort of curious about it, so I will give it a try)

Can you recommend any other mods/changes that would add fun stuff, but doesn't break balance?

just install the Hardcore SK modpack ))))))

RW modding system sucks desu, If I wish it'd be more like in factorio.

>all that amount of mods

They're actually pretty well merged desu.
ruskies did a alright job for once.

Cool, but I'm not ready for such amount of clusterfuck.

I decided to get more quality of life mods:
-EdBPrepareCarefully (I want to add psychopath trait and criminal backgrounds to founders)
-Cooks Can Refuel
-Hand Me That Brick
-Trading Spot
-Shutdown All (mechanoid shutdown designation)
-Recolor Stockpiles
-Better Pathfinding
-Quality Builder
-PatchAvoid
JTReplaceWall

Are those good?

What are the options for merging for other generals? I know /dfg/ is out of the question, but maybe with another slow general?

How do I dig to a lower z-level?

By pressing your thumbs against your eyes. Harder you press, the lower z-level you see.

please just stop. this general is too unhealthy to go on or be of any use anymore, just let her sleep. the shitposter won't stop resurrecting it but for mercy's sake let her sleep until next alpha.

I say the few of us who want to keep posting and talk to each other we just move to /indie/ while we wait for the next alpha.

we could probably join /indie/ and help make it not dead

It's a shame we can't move to a lower z-level

Then let's do that I'll save the pastebin so it'll be on access.

I love trolling /dfg/!

Show us your recent exploits fellow funposter.

>tfw kinda want to try it but no money

sale when

I think there is plenty of stuff to talk about its just a time zone thing. It always dies over night. If we had some euro or asian anons to keep us bumped through thr night it could work. I remeber in /domg/ it was commonplace for one user to post anime/tohhou/memes to keep it bumped throughout the day.

So this is kind of like Dwarf Fortress right?

when i stop fuking ur mom XD

Sure, just like sausage is like meat.

Yes. Its simular enough. It lacks the z axis so no 'digging down' and it lacks the adventure modes. But it has a much nicer UI and graphics. Also scifi vs fantasy.

Added, sync growth and gave up on RJB, too cheesy.
Started ummodified rich explored start and Randy Extreme, already had an elephant trying to murder pawns' asses.

just pirate it and buy when you get money
unless you live in some shithole where they can sue your ass into oblivion

There's kind of adventure mode. Start solo, pack up whatever you can carry in a caravan and start moving.

Why is everyone joyless?

They have chess tables, horseshoes and a pool table and 6 hours of joy a day.

Mother fuckers.

Put a two hour joy period in the morning, then another around the time they should be getting hungry, then whatever they want to do until sleep.

Horseshoes and pool table both use same joy type (dex). You should have good or better quality armchairs everywhere so the pawns are comfy. Relaxing socially with a beer in a spacious, beautiful rec/dining room once in a while should offset the dex/cereb joy types enough so that pawns won't spend 3 hours just to fill up on joy.

>Just tried Extreme Randy
Never again.

Git gud.

sup faggots
been away for a long while, see some pretty interesting stuff been added lately
can somebody give me the quick rundown?

>/cbg/
so where do the refugees go nowadays?
I've noticed there's a least some talk about it on /4xg/

What the hell is going on? I swear this bitch was about to get to level 9 crafting finally, now I check back on her and she's on 3600/9000 again. Am I missing something? Dementia?

>incapable of caring, social, hauling
>not actually incapable of social
You sure you didn't check research instead of crafting?

You can be incapable of social, as in prisoner recruitment, and still have skill points in the social skill, because it's used in trading.

I miss /cbg/

Does any of her incapabilities interfere with crafting? She's the highest one right now, and I'm trying to get someone to 10 to be able to craft components. I might have checked the wrong stat before, but she's been making sculptures forever now.

Sculptures use art skill, you mongoloid.

Oh, whoops. I thought I've checked if her crafting went up while sculpting. Well, at least my bedrooms are seriously decked out now.

No, that's not how it works. Being incapable of social disables social skill altogether.
You can trade even with social disabled, but if a pawn is incapable of social it shows with a "-" in the skills tab in vanilla.

>tfw workshop looks like shit
>tfw still to small

Tool stations stack the buff?

I think you can have two per station.

Why is this thread so dead? Do not many people play this game?

Probably the couple of cancerous faggots scaring people off.

rate my prison

Pretty shitty. Small, needless things everywhere and looks ugly.

Would get anally raped in

????

Probably something disconnected from the power grid.

Played another using the advice from the last thread, still got rekt. About 2 weeks into the new colony there was crop blight, then a good ten days of radioactive fallout. I didn't have the food stockpiled for that, and everyone starved despite sending one guy out to hunt the few animals that were around and slaughtered my three pets. Brutal.

I haven't played since A13, so can anybody give me:
> a quick rundown, a brief description, a succinct update, a short talk...
on whats new?

I legitimately don't understand whether you're just a horrible player or if you pissed off the RNG gods.
Ok, so.
You have eight bedrooms and five colonists. That's three too many.
Your prison is in your battery room.
While redundant power conduits are a good thing, you have too much redundance.
Can't see shit from the screen, but are those double stone doors leading to the freezer? You're wasting a shitton of time if so. With something of that size, setting the coolers at a couple °C below zero and a single wooden autodoor is enough to maintain food frozen and dining room heated. Get rid of that airlock, unless you put coolers at exactly -1 °C there's no need for that.
You have no dump zone near your stonecutting bench.
You have a dump/stockpile 30 tiles north of your base. The fuck?
Unless you have geysers up north, there's no reason to build your outer walls that way. Just wall up to the hill to the north.
That sandbag project to the west is horrible. If someone closes up to your pawns in melee you can bet they'll end up shooting each other.
As for lack of food, plan ahead. You're running a colony, so you already have coolers. Hunt everything on the map whenever you're low on food.
A pawn eats twice a day, so roughly 20 units of meat. Plan ahead.

How hard is it to mod in traits? Say for example I want to implement a trait where a colonist gets a happy moodlet seeing his gf/wife flirt/have sex with another colonist.

>You have eight bedrooms and five colonists. That's three too many.
Yep went overkill there trying to be prepared for the future
>Your prison is in your battery room.
I needed a prison bed in a room instantly and it was somewhere I could put it at the time. The room was one I found and it was the perfect size for batteries.
>While redundant power conduits are a good thing, you have too much redundance.
Fair point
>Can't see shit from the screen, but are those double stone doors leading to the freezer? You're wasting a shitton of time if so. With something of that size, setting the coolers at a couple °C below zero and a single wooden autodoor is enough to maintain food frozen and dining room heated. Get rid of that airlock, unless you put coolers at exactly -1 °C there's no need for that.
Yeah that's how I did it before but I saw the airlocks on someones screenshot here so I did that. Also the butchering inside the fridge was new to me.
>You have no dump zone near your stonecutting bench.
Good point.
>You have a dump/stockpile 30 tiles north of your base. The fuck?
The random dump zones were for dead bodies before I made the graves
>Unless you have geysers up north, there's no reason to build your outer walls that way. Just wall up to the hill to the north.
Okay, I thought I better have too much space rather than too little
>That sandbag project to the west is horrible. If someone closes up to your pawns in melee you can bet they'll end up shooting each other.
Yeah I don't have a clue what I'm doing with that, how should I design it?
>As for lack of food, plan ahead. You're running a colony, so you already have coolers. Hunt everything on the map whenever you're low on food.
I think I was particularly unlucky there. The fallout was very long and all my nearly grown crops were killed just before.

Here's what I have so far in my new game, prioritizing survival stuff more over mood things more than last game.

Really taking that self insert colonist to the next level arent you?

>I saw the airlocks
Unnecessary. Just put the coolers a couple degrees below zero and with a wooden door you're golden. Unless you have people going through the freezer literally 24/7 the temp won't go above freezing point.
>too much space rather than too little
You already had more than enough space unless you consciously waste it or want to build huge 10x10 rooms for a dozen colonists.
>how should I design it?
Straight vertical or horizontal line. Only zig zag if you have a diagonal approach.

Doing good, but scrap the potatoes after this crop. Either go rice to counter possible blights or corn for more food. Ideally, do both.

>NTR
Easy. Copy a random trait and edit the name to whatever you want.
Look through the thoughts folder and find the moodlets for raging at being cheated on, copy, paste, edit to positive moodlet and limit it to those that have the trait. Exclude those that have the trait from getting the original moodlet as well.
>flirt
Probably impossible via XML.

Is that a backpack mod?

Backpacks? What part of it. don't have one that adds backpacks.

>visitor goes berserk in the middle of my colony
>have to drop her dead because she's a fucking powerhouse in melee
>chief angered
How about if you're going to send people out, make sure they have the fucking drugs they need dick weed.

>caravan from the only friendly faction arrives
>during dry thunderstorm
>entire party gets wiped by two unfortunately close fires
>faction declares war

I do not remember what was in A14. Please check the website for that.

A15 had plenty of drugs involved.
A16 has caravans and an end goal where your player group can leave the planet.
A17 will be a refinement build rather than a feature addition.

Combat realism adds backpacks.

Hey. At least you get free stuff.

Absolute first time player here, how is my first base post tutorial? Criticism is appreciated even if its just yelling at me for being a fucking idiot

One thing I do know is that my farms are completely fucked mainly because I didn't know that sunlamps take a shitton of power

Getting a bit hairy. My best shooter and most useful guy just got his spine shattered. Any tips?

Bionic/replacement spines are a thing in vanilla right? keep him around until you find one.
At the worst of times you'll have a organ bag waiting.

I thought they werent? Maybe it's been updated since the posts I read.

This game, much like dorfs, reminds me at how awful I am at base-building. I have none of the creatives and I get so caught up micro-managing this or that project and then oops, everyone's starving

what's your favorite start, crash/richkid/tribals?

How does everyone manage to not build literally everything out of wood, steel is too important and stone takes fucking 5ever

tribals>crashlanding>lone guy>regular crash

but user, I literally just build everything out of wood

build your farms around the wind turbines. crops don't block turbines and they prevent trees from growing that will block them.

this is why

>steel is too important
tip: don't play on flat and you'll have a fuckton of steel always because it's an extremely common resource in hills

I build everything out of steel because i'm in a hilly map. But even partial hills will give you a lot

I imagine most of us start with wooden buildings an "upgrade" them over time. Once you get a functioning base it doesn't take long to get a big stockpile of stone with one or two masons.