/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Didn't hit the three levers:
>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILER): my.mixtape.moe/ldkpad.webm

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So, do people actually play DS2 now?

I'm kinda tempted to try if it's alive.

How come it appears that I can see some players soul (there is a flame in their chest) in dark souls 3? is this a buff?

Scholar is still kicking as far as I know. Return to Drangleic has boosted the online activity as well.

Would you fuck Lothric?

>DS3 red invader covenant upgraded with a waifu leader
>All other covenants on suicide watch

does anyone actually use EMU?

So which Dark Souls is the worst and why is it 2?

Grapist can be pretty fun, depending. The gimmick is that you're a pre-seeded red who just wants to murder shit and you don't care what. It's different from reds in that you can win by killing the host's buttbuddies, win by killing other invaders, and you come in pre-aggroed so you can kite mobs into the host and his phantoms. Nothing makes them panic like seeing a giant crab or a pair of Darkwraiths bear down on them. It was much more fun back when boss invading was possible.

Watchdogs is Aldrich but for Farron Keep, sees less activity since most people won't enter the zone pre-Embered (as opposed to entering Aldrich territory the moment you leave Pontiff's bonfire).

You're probably just getting unlucky. And I'd take the trade-off since you can farm their armor too, instead of going Ascetic or NG+. Also,
>farming without Agape Ring

Rosaria doesn't provide the succ

Yes.

>SM 110k

No summons in the highlighted areas, only need 4 more for the sun sword too ;-;

For a whole list of reasons. If you want I can throw some at ya assuming you're serious. Or are you just trying to rile up the DaS2 fanboys?

Depends on your platform. On PC you're virtually guaranteed to be able to get the whole thing for $55 USD or less, since Steam has fairly regular sales. On consoles, can't say for sure. The bulk of /dsg/ are PC players, with the odd PS4 player and zero X-Bone players.

Doesnt SOTFS have a ring that locks your SM in place?

Oh yeah, nothing makes me want to play more like killing the same two strong enemies over a hundred times in a row.

Yes, which is cool but you lose 1 ring slot.

It's way less of an issue though if you're aiming for low-level online stuff. Less likely to have a situation where you even have at least 4 rings that could provide a huge benefit.

Because it took a risk and tried something new and different instead of playing it completely safe and stale like DaS3. And also because it didn't have Sonybux to fund its engine to allow From to cut corners like no tomorrow.

But by killing the same 2 enemies over 100 times in a row, you already play the game more.
I'm on PC. I don't buy games much because I'm a cheap motherfucker but I wanted to buy this one while it's active.

>pre-seeded red who just wants to murder shit and you don't care what
Wrong, faggots like you who don't know how to grape are why everyone tries to kill grapes on sight. Also, grapes can't aggro enemies until seeded, unless you're talking about getting summoned as a grape? No-one summons grapes though outside of fight clubs.

Being a grape is generally about taking the easiest way to your goal. If you see a red it might be better to befriend him since he's equipped to fight other players, but in the middle of an invaders vs host and phantoms fight if he's losing then it's more ideal for you to turn on him and finish him off yourself, for eg. Sometimes you can befriend the host if he's protected by some tank-looking buttbuddies and help fend off invaders. This is where the madness that Hodrick talks about comes into play, you have the ability to balance relationships with other players, but do so in a way that makes it easiest to leave with a shackle.

Yeah you have a good point, if we're talking lower level content then I fully agree with you.

how make item with cheat egnine no softban??
please feed me with a spoon :)

dont be online
only make stuff you could have at your current point of the game

Anyone else feel kind of bad for the Fromsoft B-team?

They obviously tried to make ds2 a true succesor to DS1

This actually fucking works, and the host usually dies after the first duel which makes vertebrae shackle farming extremely quick. Thanks user

Yuria should have been the Red Eye leader; called Pale Shades or something

Rosaria's is a lot different to the original Darkwraiths of Kaathe (who Yuria is now working for); she'd be better as a Gravelord analogue

They dropped the ball on this one

The amount of hours I'd play if I just got the sword and could move on would be much more than the hours I'm not going to spend after all this grinding burns me out.
This guy was supposed to be a co-op focused character. So much for that, he's completely ahead of the pack now.

That's wrong though, DaS2 was like a construction that was being built up with an unsteady flow of materials and an architect with a questionable blueprint, then another crew comes along and knocks it down, primarily because the people funding it want it to be more like another building across the street, but there can be no delay to the date the construction must be finished.

So then the new crew is tasked with picking up the chunks of what the knocked down and piecing them together in a patchwork lump of good and bad ideas and an incoherent foundation.

Or to put it more plainly, fuck Bamco because DaS2 should've had another year or two development time or just shouldn't have existed in the first place.

does poise in ds3 still function similar to agility from ds2?

Honestly I feel like sunbro co op at low level is reserved for good players. Which is sort of the point since you need to carry shitters.

Like in order to sunbro at the FoTFG you need to get to harvest valley+ straid (optional/optimal) around SM80k.

Desu, sm should only matter for ng, soul level for ng+ and no matchmaking restrictions ng++ and onward, calculated based on the lowest of 2 cycles

It never did. Poise doesn't exist, it enables hyper armour.

I don't mean sunbroing, but that's totally doable.

I am probably never going to touch NG+. I think the furthest I've ever gotten in NG+ in any Souls game was Taurus Demon. It's just so dull.

When the fuck did poise ever give you i-frames? What?

Poise works exactly as DkS1 and 2, except it's only switched on when you're attacking, but not with light weapons. That is, there is literally a 0-1 switch that toggles on and off, in real time, when you swing a greatsword. I've actually fucked with it. If you freeze it as a 1 at all times, you have DkS1 poise.

>Mask attached to a ceremonial hat. A Hollow once fought valiantly with this mask, but feared the fading of her self, and implored a comrade remember her name. Perhaps that is why this gentleman's mask is named after a woman.

Thats nice

DaS1 was poise proper. DaS3 poise functions like crappy hyper armor.

It's nice because it reinforces the idea that Lucatiel and her brother are the same person.

How well do fire weapons scale into the lategame?
ds1 here

Is there any other information to support/allude to that? Sounds interesting and I've never heard of that theory before.

but there's two different swords m8

souls pvp doesnt make it for me anymore, should i play fighting games now?

please reply

I get bored of a DS2 playthrough as soon as I reach Drangleic Castle, is this normal?

Chaos weapons are better. Switch as soon as you can.

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

they're not the same

play for honor

judging by this guy you're probably joking

You held for a pretty long time already. My last playthrough ended on Tseldora because it's the worst fucking location i ever saw in souls game.

It's just how I interpreted it the first time I did her storyline and I kinda like the idea but there's really not much to support it, as there isn't also much to oppose because of how convoluted everything in DaS2 is.

At first I thought this was proof that her brother did exist, but then both blades have "A tiny message is inscribed on the blade, a promise to someone special. "

It feels like one of these messages people who are about to forget something write to themselves, kinda like "don't believe his lies". Like I said, there is no proof of that and maybe it's not intended at all, but I feel like her storyline becomes way more interesting if you consider this. The one she's looking for is herself, a knight who pretended to be a man as she hollows, she thinks this knight is another person.

He's not wrong. Chaos weapons are stronger, but ONLY if you have enough soft humanity. Go with Fire weapons if you're bad at not-dying.

It's codedly the same mechanic, except DkS3 has it only active during attacks.

So it basically works really well for PvP and is absolutely shit garbage for general PvE quality of life. Playing through the game with poise on is an experience, let me tell you. Turning it back off is aggravation akin to missing an entire staircase of steps in the dark, all made entirely of legos, with bare feet.

I have whatever he posted filtered, so I have no idea what he said. I wasn't joking though. Chaos is a straight up better than fire in DaS1 as long as you keep 10 humanity or more in your counter.

That does sound interesting but she clearly states that she came to drangleic looking for her brother

>DS2
>trying something new

Bloodborne shook the Souls formula more than DS2 did and ended up being magnificent.

Yeah this. I wish we knew exactly what happened during the development and what was DaS2's state before the original version was scrapped.

I really wanna play bloodborne but holy shit im not buying a whole new console for one game

Tell me of other ps4 to get so i can justify buying a ps4

Who the fuck thought that fighting the entire fucking vatican is a good boss?

I see this guy posted here often. Can someone give me a quick rundown on what makes him so special?

That's what she thinks. But she actually came looking to cure the curse, like us, but got stranded and forgot that "Alastiel" was just her alias.

I know it's hardly anything but headcanon, but I really like this idea, just like I like the idea of the dragon egg guy being Jester Thomas. DaS2 NPCs just needed a tiny bit more of work to be really interesting. Not even new dialogue, just a slightly more nervous voice after you defeat Thomas in Shulva and then talk to egg guy would've already added a lot.

BB, Nioh, Nier, EDF

You know the reason why Irythill and Anor Londo went to shit?

His fault

Shit I didn't save the copypasta when I had the chance. Sorry my friend.

DaS2 maybe far from the best souls game but it some of my favorite NPCs

Shalquoir, Benhart and Maughlin just to name a few

What or who gives you a severe case of conniptions?

Navlaan after I set him free

Thralls that happen to to decide to flail widely at the perfect moment

It had the shittiest NPCs in the series. There is a reason people were most fond of the blank slate NPCs, such as Felicia. The cat was fine too.

dont project your shitty taste on others and call it people.

DaS2 had a lot of NPCs, and most of them were very bad, but the few who weren't were very memorable, I'll say that.

I wonder how long the age of fire would have lasted if someone threw Jester Thomas in the kiln?

i'm a noob so I'll be dying alot. That means I should stick to fire right?

Chaos > Lightning > Fire

The benefit of fire is that it is easy to convert to Chaos later. Just don't waste your slabs on the fire path.

But what if I die alot?

Throwing Jester Thomas in the Kiln would result in a second Chaos Flame level mishap.

>Giving Jester "Dreams of Chronic and Sustained Cruelty" Thomas access to fire, let alone the primal fire that is the source of all that exists in this reality and all others

There are bad ideas, and there are really fucking unimagiinably retarded ideas, guess which one yours is?

Can someone explain how to summon people for boss fights?

A great idea

Are you embered?
>"no"
Ember up, find a sign, activate it.
Choose red/purple ones.

>it's another "finished another character in one sitting" episode
I have work in 6 hours.

>finished the character and killed every boss, AND grabbed the armor and weapons for my next build, in 4 hours 40 minutes
How the hell did I manage this

Like I said, you can go fire, then convert it to Chaos once you git gud.

First you ember up, and then use an item called 'Dried Finger'. The summons automatically come to you, but the text is bugged and it says you're invaded.

Any one red or purple you see are friendlies, so go up to them and say hi before heading off for jolly cooperation.

know the game inside out?

You beat the game first. The option to summon unlocks after your testicles drop.

I could do that too, but I just can't help but getting covenant items, getting every items laying around and leveling up to sl120 each time. That just means you've played a lot.

someone explain to me what fuck is up these colored phantoms

>Some of u are ok
what did he by this?

no racism please

Don't go to high wall tomorrow.

Who likes my camel toe?

Killing the Dancer with the Dark Hand was so easy it feels like I cheated.
All I did was to stick to her butt and spam R1.

does respec'ing reset my hollow level?

Working as intended, gotta get down and dirty in that rectum

It's been a long time since a souls character has made so fucking hard as I get with the dancer

Does the basic lightning spear miracle ever become at all useful? The damage is so pitiful even at point blank range, plus my morne's ring. Just hitting with an R1 usually does more damage.

can anyone lend a hand with Yorm on ps4?
password is cocacola
been trying with a refined lucerne +7 and the storm ruler nothings working

I really hate just how simple the sword techniques are in Dark Souls III

For example: the regular longsword. Light attacks are just simple swipes to the left or right while the hard ones are a stub and an another swipe. And weapon art barely adds any variety

have we had any more leaks since the vaati videos?

>tfw no ps4 to help others with their game
Have you tried using the stormrulers WA? It needs to be charged.
That shit stun him. After the stun run away and regen your stamina.easy boss fight