Big big block decision

55 belair 2dr post with a Muncie m22 rock crusher and a gm 12 bolt with 3.42's but I have 4.88's for it. So I have two big blocks a 496ci with Brodix aluminum heads and all that good stuff 700hp give or take. But it will need rings and main bearings maybe more have't tore it apart. Or I have 60tho over pistons and a b&m blower so I'm gonna start a debate big displacement or boost which is better what would you pick.

You're not hitting 700hp with that 496.
I've been building engines for 25 years.
You're implying 1.4 HP/C.I.
Not physically possible on that engine, even with brodix heads.
You need a SOHC or hemi to get that power without going forced induction.
Probably more like 550hp at the crank, and even that is being generous.

uhh why not put the blower on the 496 if youre rebuilding it anyway just get different internals and cam build it for boost

Id take the supercharger over 29 extra cubic inches any day of the week

Shitposting

This.
Small blocks with mild strokes have been known to be at 500hp in some cases.

Op here the 496 has square port heads the blower is oval. Also the pistons are flat top while the blower ones are domed. Would rather have one n/a and one blown but I just don't know what one to put in the belair

what kind of blower is it though

personally Id still likely go with the blower since Im sure it would be more streetable than a NA 700hp engine

if its mostly track Id go NA

It's a b&m one it was my grandfathers I think it's like a 671 it's not a huge blower. I'll look at the specs when I get home it's a single 4bbl blower

>not posting truck pics
fag

would not add a blower to either unless there was enough clearance to not fuck up the hood (doubt desu)

B&M 420 would be the equivalent to a 6-71 and its kinda big ish

I dont know if they ever made a single carb version but I didnt find one

Id guess a 250 which with a big carb like a 1050 Dominator and everyting all working nicely would make 600-700hp easily enough

meh you can get a fiberglass hood for like $400

It should clear if not find a hood in bad shape and cut a hole in it.
I was thinking a preditor which with the biggest cam is 930cfm

Also are you implying you want truck pics

>swamper rears
>AT fronts
REEEE

Don't worry desu it normally has Mickey Thompson at's alll around
Also Truck-Kun was a pull truck in the 1980s

nice. infinitely more cool than the boomer bait bel air desu senpai.

You think desu? The trucks a automatic how does that make you feel. But wait it's a th400 it also has a Dana 60 in the front. But if I post about the truck people will make comments like "is your dad your uncle" "what southern US state do you live in" "I bet you go to all your cousins proms" (basic truck hater comments). Also both vehicles are Canadian I also live in Canada

automatic is superior for inna woods. also probably getting comments for the "i hate niggers" license plate which is also perfect.

automatic is superior if you are a raging faggot ftfy

Closest thing to the woods that truck will see is a truck pull or sand drags
Also the licence plate is from /pol/

The belair is a original black on white 265 car

Will the blower and everything fit without cutting the hood? If so I would do that or a fiberglass good if you do have to cut it. There are not too many blown hot rods anymore. I just don't really like the sticking out look.

Grampie had the blower on the car 25 years ago and it cleared

Even if it didn't clear I could
"Two lane blacktop" it

My question is why does he have a rebel flag plate if he's a fucking leaf.

Because it triggers people. One day a lesbian told me to take it off it's been on there ever since

Kek,

Anyone tried to key your truck yet?

>tfw no dead white grand pappy to leave me his tri-five
life is cruel :(

They had a fiberglass hood and it wasn't supercharged. Longer intake runners smoothed out the air and made a slight increase in power.

Then I would go with the blower. Seeing a N/A engine you get doubters like But with a blower everyone gives you respect. Forced induction would also help if you ever race it in high elevation.

car would probably be slower with the blower tbqh tho

Not yet may switch out for a good quality Chevy plate
The two lane black top car had a 427 with a tunnel ram and two 660 centre squirters I meant in the focus of there hood scoop. also my elevation is basicly sea level. There's also a squarebody in the yard but it's like the red headed step child it doesn't get talked about desu

go NA with the 55, don't poke any holes in the hood
if you can get 5-600hp and a 4.88 rear end that thing will be quick as fuck
freeway cruising will suck though

The trans Canada sucks anyway.

Theres no delay in power during shifting- in a mud situation you can bog down and get stuck with a manual. Same while hill climbing.
Off-roading 101
Stop posting or you'll get schooled every time.

Th400 with a manual valve body because you want to change gears like a adult but you know the th400 will switch them quicker for you.