3SGE swap candidates

i want to swap a 3sge beams engine into something light and rwd, but dont want to pay out the ass for an ae86. or have a car where everything is expensive and hard to find. what are my options? im in USA btw.

AE85

MR-S

IS300
Make your own altezza rs200

>not an IS200

just as expensive as ae86...

this is a viable option. does the stock motor have decent NA potential? or is swaping a 3sge worth it?

i know they came with them in japan, but they are heavy and i wouldnt pull out a 2jz for a 4cl.

There was an IS200 sold in Europe with a 2 litre straight six.
The Altezza RS200 was jap only, and came with the beams engine from factory.
Yeah the beams engine is a bit gutless for the size, just means you have to rev the arse out of it constantly

Chevy S10.

And no, the NA/NB miata engines were designed originally to come with turbos and NA builds are worthless.

James?

lol sup

Are we talking redtop or blacktop here?

>what are my options?
kys.

is this your car?

+1 swap it in an is300

1st gen Celica

blacktop

op here, not james.

this could be cool.. any more info? has it been done? ive seen some sr20 hardbodies that were badass.

love em, but damn expensive and finding parts is as hard or harder than an 86.

Ke70 would be cool, as would a te or any starlet.

Other cheap option would be a 2wd Toyota pickup from the 80s

SW20 for sure. It probably benefits the most from a beams swap.

I've always had a secret longing to plonk one into a frogeye Sprite.

Oh man this fucking bait and 14 replies already

250+ posts here we come

Stop calling it the "beams engine".
BEAMS was a bullshit marketing acronym made by Toyota in the late 90s that stood for "Breakthrough Engine with Advanced Mechanism System" - no joke!
It was put on every damn engine they made. Even the 2JZ and the 1G-FE lump in the IS200.
It simply meant variable valve timing, coil packs, accoustic inlet control valves etc etc.

Stop calling it "beams" just because it says so on the valve cover ffs.

AW11 would be very cool. Although a redtop swap would be much easier in an AW11 than a blacktop swap, blacktop is still possible. This guy used a beams redtop intake manifold, and probably a redtop exhaust manifold as well.

The S54 transaxle allows you to keep using the supercharged AW11's axles without modification.

m8 he calls it a "3sge beams engine", which is not a gen1, gen2, or gen3 3sge

there is nothing wrong with doing that

>James
>3SGE

He'd rather that 2TG/18RG if he's told you about it.

Ra21 celica