/dag/+/bwg/ - Dragon Age & Bioware General #1035

High Dragons Edition

Previous: News:
>the BSN now is gone forever (but there's a backup somewhere so it's not really gone)
>Divinity Original Sin 2 is in Early Access (It will have waifus eventually)
>Tyranny is out
>Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire announced (waifus confirmed)

Sales:
DA Inquisition Goty Edition (16$ Origins)

NOTE:
>We occasionally discuss other, smaller RPGs that don't have their own generals. This does not mean we are /wrpg/

Dragon Age Shit:
>Check THIS before asking questions:
pastebin.com/NtncZWPf
>DA:O Mods
pastebin.com/n4vGHHHd

>How do I import my save into DA:I?
>dragonagekeep.com
You can use this website to create your own DA World History by bringing over your choices from the previous games. You need an Origin account.

>Where is my Warden?
Cuddling with Divine Leliana.

>/dag/ (incomplete) Art Archive
dagnaart.imgur.com

>/dag/ booru
dagna.booru.org/index.php

>Help me /dag/+/bwg/, I want to feel something!
youtube.com/watch?v=JFUsPfuwjpw

Friendly reminder that /dag/ needs more lore discussion.

First for loneliness.

dat feel when you know Bioshit will never make a game like Origins again

>Friendly reminder that /dag/ needs more lore discussion.
Alright, anyone think of a lore reason why Corypheus voice got so much deeper in DA:I. I honestly like the more high pitch voice from DA2. In DA:I he just sounds like a generic baddie.

I want to cuddle with Cassandra!

>tfw MEA turns out to be good
>tfw Bioware learned from the past
>tfw DA4 will be good

>2017
>Solas still isn't real

perhaps because his vocal cord changed through the changing of bodies or the influx of Red lyrium

Change of bodies? Red lyrium? Varric atually made his voice pitching in DA2 for the keks?

Red Lyrium.

I think my inner autist just felt frustrated a little because she was capable of enjoying it in the wrong order.

>In fairness DA2 cased that.
>character you just met grinds up against you
>"Hey stop humping me"
>Anders disapproves -50
If I remember correctly the only character in DA2 that takes the initiative and actually tried to hit on you was the pirate slut, and she didn't even tried as hard as with the elf.

perhaps weak from awakening? David Sterne voice him in both games without a modular so perhaps his voice in DA2 is that weak just waking up voice.

They need to learn how to proper shaders and facial animations first.

being optimistic is good but its very clear what will happen user

Merrill's armpits

Let's continue the prospect of what could be a good (and improvable) next DA game
>Prologue or DLC DAO warden/orlesian warden
>returning desire demons
>No gayder
>Weekes = tragic shit
>more Godchild
>Bald Furry actual antagonist
>Tevinter shite
>wardens are ded/corrupted
>Which DLC character from DAI will be the big baddie?

Extremely lewd.

There are clearly Mass Effect fields around her fist, user.

I can't stop watching this for some reason

No they all do. Anders calls you attractive (pretty/handsome) in your first encounter and picking anything but the romance option nets you disapproval. If you have ben following their quests Merrill and Fenris will come to your home late Act two if you haven't romanced anyone yet and basically beg you to fuck them, to turn him/her down leads to -15 disapproval. Basically if you don't bed anyone and try to focus on saving the city it gets hard to max out approvals because they want your dick/pussy. Also comically if you flirt him them all early enough you can bed and keep all 4 the whole game. The epilogue picks as you romance whoever you bedded first however.

Do I smell hardcore denial by someone who preordered it?

>those animations
>cringe tier dialog
>the plot is a vague mess
>little combat shown
>this is what they consider showing to the public.
>good

It's going to be DA:I numbers all over again. The fact EA Access is giving a free ten hour play special for it a week before launch isn't a good start.

Hasn't Trespasser revealed that Solas is the real Big Baddy (instead of some half-assed speculations after a post-game cutscene)?

No just wishful thinking. Everything related to the gameplay looks solid to me. Not sure about the narrative part..

Just started trespasser, what the fuck did they do to mah Teagan?

In fairness the hidden magic ritual in the Tower and Morrigan's conversation in Witch Hunt foreshadow Inquisition but there was a whole game between those two. Solas could be benched for later use.

Reminder that Solas is alt-right

take what posted and bring back some sense of choice mattering.

>more Godchild
He's not a Godchild anymore, Flemeth takes the god spirit away and in turn Solas takes all of them within him.

You play BW games for the story and waifus only though, you will always find games with better gameplay

They need to just make cannon events of the last three games. That will help a lot with narrative and what they can do with it. I have never like this stupid carry over crap because it leads to some really disjointed set ups of the game world. Just make default actions and be done with it.

I know, I just forgot his actual name. It'll be neat for him to be a companion seeking vengeance, but highly impossible since he couldn't even exist in some world states.

>only started showing the game two months before release
>made by Bioware Montreal, whose only experience is making ME3 MP
>highly touted lead writer quietly left the project last year with no explanation
>Mac is in charge
>ME3 devs from writers to modelers all uninvolved
>character models and facial animations look worse than DA:I's decent characters, despite being based on 3D scans
keep expectations low senpai

I doubt we will see much of him regardless since it is a required action of DA:O. Even the default DA:I world the child isn't conceived.

I agree to a point, it can certainly make past and future decisions even more irrelevant than they normally are.

In that case if you use the default world state have Morrigan as a companion again, if he is conceived then have him instead. It could work as a dlc companion that way

>only started showing the game two months before release
This is the biggest sign this is going to be a huge mess. Most games you see content as early as a year before hand and by two months to go they are showing heavy gameplay footage.

I got the impression Solas isn't exactly THE bad guy: he will probably start hesitating if the Inquisitor is his friend/lover (or he will die if the Inquisitor kills him) and then Mythal will take his place and destroy the Veil to free the elven gods. She wants them to get out so she can finally have her revenge.

She is gonna be the last boss, she is way too corrupted now anyway.

>no gayder
so there is hope that the next DA game is good?

best elf companion in DAI

>90% of dev tweets are about banging aliens
ME:A is going to be a self-insert sim for lonely people, not a rpg.

With Weekes in charge, a little. There's still the possibility of EA being assholes like with DA2 and ME3. So don't get your hopes up. If MEA fails hard it can be all over for Bioware too.

>past and future decisions even more irrelevant than they normally are.
I really don't care if my past choices don't carry over. My playthought is my personal outcomes and I can enjoy them for that, when each game has to factor that in it leads to what happen to ME3 where all your choices go down the shitter and everyone has basically the same gaming experience of choose your color. If each game has a set canon story it lets the future games keep that independent charm that your actions actually lead to more than just getting the same outcomes everyone else did.
>In that case if you use the default world state have Morrigan as a companion again, if he is conceived then have him instead
According to the novels and Word of God, Morrigan's kid doesn't happen. It's why they have Flem taking the God soul. Each game is just sweeping more under the rug of your actions hence why I wish they just had a default anyway rather than this weird cocktease that anything mattered.

>a game made by wannabe progressive SJWs with the desperate aim to be seen as "Allies"
>the villain is alt-right
I sense a pattern there

Sera was the best elf companion

>it gets hard to max out approvals

Horseshit, you can reclaim that disapproval in one single conversation/bottom-tier quest (in Dissent you can get as much as +30 Anders approval in like 10 minutes if it matters that much, typically 10-15 in others). I mean, you only need 100 to max approval.

Also, I never got why people were so appalled at a tiny disapproval for turning someone down. "I'm being forced to rub dicks with Anders or lose approval!", like what, why wouldn't he be a little bruised if he makes a move and you turn him down? Seems realistic enough to me, not everyone is going to take it like a champ.

what exactly makes him alt right?

hope so, gaider is a meme

ummmmm he's a nazi???

did you even play the game?

implying there was ever any hope

>I never got why people were so appalled at a tiny disapproval for turning someone down.
Because it makes them seem actually spiteful/hateful at your rejection. It's not expecting to take it like a champ but with the system being called "friendship and rivalry" and for it to net rivalry implies they are going beyond being bruised and they are bitter at you for it. Which is really underage level maturity.

Is Sera not a trans-elf, given that she does not identify as an elf and cannot wear elf-specific gear?

He wants to make Elves great again.

>Solas takes all of them within him
What, no. Solas doesn't absorb Mythal and Urthmiel's soul. I don't think two Evanuris soul can co-exist in a single body. He just absorbs her power and Mythal's soul gets free, seeking a new host.

Urthmiel's soul was probably hidden somewhere by Flemeth before she confronted Solas.

True, Solas isn't exactly the bad guy. The main bad guys of the series would be the seven Evanuris.

And why would Mythal try to release the Evanuris who murdered her? Mythal and Solas just wants to restore Elvhenan and re-populate the world with dragons. Evanuris want chaos.

>character models and facial animations look worse than DA:I's decent characters
I'm still mad of what they did to my precious default fem Hawke

>Which is really underage level maturity.
You just described most of the Bioware fandom.

Hm. I guess a better phrasing would have been "what makes someone alt-right" but I really don't care about that answer.

>Does't racemix
>Is not a fag
>See the Qun as savage as they are and want to deal with them
>Want to return his kin to their original greatness

definitely /ourguy/

So the next game is going to be basically
>BUT YOU're WRONG SOLAS, >PROGRESSIVENESS IS THE WAY OF CHANGE DURR
>teleports behind furry-nazi-elf
>credits roll

Designer notes indicate that Flemeth/Mythal intends to let him have her power, so long as she can pass the essence of her god-hood onto Morrigan. Granted they can change those notes but that would imply Solas is charged up with Evanuris. There are notes in Trespasser about a ritual of holding the old gods in one host.

Half the gains/loses in the game are dumbshit if you take the "friendship/rivalry" good boy points name literally. If it was permanent and/or anything but the most simple thing in the world to resolve, I'd maybe concur. It's just approval/disapproval.

would Solas recruit fenris as his champion/pet?

>nothing personal, egg

Morrigan + Alistair party banter is fucking hilarious

Fenris doesn't care much for elves and doesn't think the Qunari are the worst. At best, Solas would net a +10 good boy points for allegedly free slaves. At worst, he'd get -15 bad boy points for being a mage.

>Hawke never learned how to be a dragon
>Morrigan did
Hawke can't take a break, isn't?

Fenris already has a new master.

Alternative right, is person with far-right ideologies who reject mainstream conservatism.
Conservatism is commitment to traditional values and ideas with opposition to change or innovation

Solas fits that description. He wants the world as it was in his day but he doesn't want restored in a way that his people of the now would want. He wants to full blown create a biblical apocalypse to make the world exactly like he remembers damn everyone who dies in the mix.

this image is sexually arousing

Anders didn't gave a fuck about mages rights/freedom by the end of DAO:A either.

That could be right. Morrigan will definitely get Mythal's soul somehow, in the end.

Where did you read those designer notes anyway?

Gorgeous tomboy femhawke is the best character bioware ever made.

>Half the gains/loses in the game are dumbshit if you take the "friendship/rivalry" good boy points name literally.
But user that's all it is. They respond to tiny things like being mean to a shop keep meanwhile you could loose the same number of points murdering a mother. That's what makes the whole system such a mess and where one could take disapproval for romance as such a awful thing while another just walks past it as another day in DA.

Actually, he was starting to come around to it the more he interacted with Justice (and you could prod him gently about it too). He was mostly just terrified and used his humour as a very obvious shield.

Of course, it was becoming Vengeance that really kicked things off. Sadly that likely would not work with Fenris because he doesn't have the Blight in him to corrupt a spirit like that. Actually, what would happen to Fenris if combined with a spirit, because of his lyrium? Interesting thought.

Anyway, a hypothetically Vengeanced Fenris would target mages, not humans/not elves.

>It had to be spiders

If they dare to bring back the warden in any form, who could voice him/her?

Me.

>these were never fixed

I was going to say they should use the voice of the most selected VA type in charterer creation by that was Robin Sachs who is dead now.

It's a feature!

>Prologue or DLC DAO warden/orlesian warden
I bet to say that the original plan was to have the DAO warden be the one dying in the Adamant Fortress

>Ywn play as a cute tsundere tomboy again

just end me...

Director notes as well as art notes imply that the Warden was to be the one to uncover Corypheus in his attempt's to find a cure for the calling and he would die/be posses by Corypheus. Obviously they went a different direction with that.

/dag/ died.

which is why he is /ourguy

I found a husbando in Horizon!

if you think leliana is "/ourgal/" you are unbelievably new

if you think anyone other than Leliana is "/ourgal/" you are unbelievably new

*puts Solas and Leliana in a catapult and launches them into the Frostback*

Oops!

Which hidden magic ritual?
Reminder that the elves are woodland Chosen Ones.

That would have worked, but they'll probably come short with the drama and reactions/consequences of it.

That random warden commander looked badass at times, I can see that some of those scenes were meant for the HoF

You know the quest Summoning Science? Well there is an extra ritual that summons a mage that states he shouldn't be here yet and leaves a note that has a codex that is bascialy taking about the opening of DA:I.

>Reminder that Varric just coat sugared Merrill in his tale because he liked her, while in reality she's just a typical cold hearted blood mage

when fenris and anders agree that you are nuts, you should seek help

why is our general so shitty?

it's not

but you are!

Because all its posters are

That was my biggest beef with 2 was they took a bunch of minor/major characters and lobotomized them to be something completely. Anders acts nothing like he did in Awakening Merrill is no longer pragmatic I guess Isabela stayed the same but 63 James Kirk isn't much of a character to mess with.

I just started replaying the trilogy, and when i think I will have to sex morrigan, I just want to shit so bad.

if this is true, i would hate varic and it would be my biggest disappointment with bioware.

Merrill is not /ourgirl/, but shes definitely /mygirl/