What's a good car to start out with to learn manual...

What's a good car to start out with to learn manual? I recently thought about it and it doesn't make sense to me to buy an expensive manual car when I'm just learning. The problem is the only cheap rwd would be a v6 mustang. I really don't like fwd but how bad could it be? Anyone have experience with this?

Pic related, that is what I was considering at first

just buy a $500 CL shitbox civic to learn on and then sell it and eat the title fees

ford ranger
such a forgiving clutch, soft and very nice.

But civics are boring as fuck
I don't want a truck

A v8 with good torque that will get moving without throttle input makes for easy learning really.

This, learned on an s197 mustang, was easy af

So any v8 would do? I've seen a few v8 mustangs for around 3-4k but I'd rather spend 1500-2000 since I don't plan to keep it long

Rent a car for a week doesnt have to be anything special.

I learned on a hondozo akerd

Can confirm. Back when I drove a Civic, my friend let me drive his '07 GT and it was super easy. Way easier than my other buddy's 350Z.

Jus buy the car you want and learn on it, it's not hard.

this
that's what i did
had the dealer show me the basics then i drove it home
it's fucking easy
the nicer the car the easier time you'll have learning
and you'll have more fun too

It's not about being hard, I already have the basics down after learning a 10 speed. It's about getting use to it and not having to worry about prematurely fucking up the car because I'm still new to it. If I'm going to buy a 2013 or newer car it should be with the intent of owning it for 5 or more years. It just seems to make more sense to learn with a shitbox first

Let me ask you this: how the FUCK do you think you're going to fuck it up?

>not having to worry about prematurely fucking up the car
Honda or Toyota then if you're this paranoid. I used to redline dump the clutch all the time in my '94 Civic just for keks. Ran for like 170,000 miles before I dumped it somewhere.

I dunno, I guess I'd rather be safe than sorry. Plus there's always that chance that it'll turn out I don't want to drive a manual like I thought I did. Better to be out 2k rather than 18k. Why is it such a big deal?

A shit box
Or a toyota corolla

Pic related, what i learned on

Do you have arthritis? No? Then you're good.

Go to the dealer and have them show you how it works on the car you want. You will know within 5 seconds of driving it whether you can handle it or not.

Would foxbody or a sn-95 do the job.

I don't see how that's a good idea, as their sole purpose is to sell me a car

Anyway, I'll probably get a 98-00 mustang gt for around 3k and go from there

Borrow a supercar. You'll be so afraid of breaking it that you condition yourself to be gentle with the clutch.

thats fucking stupid, buy a fucking civic you dipshit

Where am I suppose to find a supercar? I'm not rich man

Well, you could always "borrow" one

Why the fuck would I buy a manual civic? That car is boring as shit to drive.

Manual will be EASY on a powerful V8 with plenty of tourque, trust me it's harder on old abused shitbox

No doubt he's under 25.. I'm willing to bet he's under 18

It's not, have you driven one? It's way better than you think it is.

People with way more experience than you actually driving and racing manuals daily 90s civic even though they have money for better econoboxes because those Civics are that good.

Okay, explain to me how I'm suppose to "borrow" a goddamned supercar
Yeah I seriously doubt I'd find a manual rental

GTI

Okay good for them. Last time I checked I'm not some Puerto Rican ricing faggot so I'm not interested in a civic. And I'm not trying to race my fucking car either.

If you're fucking dedicated to your passion for automobiles then you will find a way to steal a goddamn supercar and learn manual in it

Sure thing kiddo, did you caught up with all your homework yet?

civic for 3k.

>A shit box
>Or a toyota corolla

redundant much?

>I'd rather spend 1500-2000 since I don't plan to keep it long

jesus fuck
just find some old pick up with a stick or an old civic or some shit, it doesn't matter if its a cool car if you're only using it to learn to drive stick and going to get rid of it soon
stop being a faggot

By that I mean longer than 2 years, and how many times do I have to say I don't want a fucking civic? They are cars for people who don't enjoy driving or planning to rice the shit out of it. Anyone who actually enjoys driving stock cars wouldn't even consider getting a civic

This is a troll thread, buy a civic or corolla you fucking idiot.

Any further conversation is b8 at this point, I'm calling it.

Puerto Ricans drive rx7s not civics

This is a troll thread because I don't want a boring civic? Yeah okay
They drive civics before rx7s, it depends if they can afford one or not. My ex had a rx7 she riced the shit out of, made me laugh because she tried selling it afterwards and no one wanted it

So I'm looking through this thread and it looks like you don't want to buy a boring car.
But I'm wondering, do you plan on buying an expensive manual car after you learn? Because you can just buy the car you want and learn how to drive it if you have the money now.
It literally takes like 2 hours in an empty parking lot to figure out the basics

Civics are fun. Throw on some grippy tires and redo the oem suspension and they're very tossable. They only weigh 2500lbs

miata
any modell

forget the faggots who say its a girly car
(it kinda is desu but if you want to have a relationship with a masculine car i think thats fucking gay) , its probably the best car to learn manual on

Yeah it depends on how the future turns out. I'm getting a cdl soon so if I get a 50k or better job I'm definitely going to save up around 20k for a car. To be honest I'm not sure if I want to buy a manual or go with an awd SUV. I want both but I'm trying to figure out which I would drive more often. So far I'm thinking no either a 2014 Ford escape tiiltiam or a 2014 camaro. If I flop altogether than fuck it, shitboxes for me

its not a girly car, its a faggot car

Buy a Honda Civic, like 92-98

NEXT

This

Girly car = Honda Del Sol

Faggot car= Miata

huge difference

well if your in a relationshop with a faggot it makes you less gay than if you were being dominated by a masculine nigger

It's funny but I actually prefer heavier cars. I hate when I'm driving my dads corolla I feel like I'm in a go cart. I like that heavy driving feel, especially when I floor it and smack that big engine around, feels good man
I don't want a straight up two seat car, I need the backroom space just in case

wow are you usually this defensive?
jesus fucking christ, this is why people say miata people are faggots

just so fucking uppity for no fucking reason

god you're a fucking faggot

I want to say this is a troll thread, but it seems like you're just an idiot with a small dick

And how does it seem like I have a small dick? I'd love to see this, because last time I checked I'm a very respectable size. But go ahead, tell me how I gave out that impression.

no u

lel

>What's a good car to start out with to learn manual? I recently thought about it and it doesn't make sense to me to buy an expensive manual car when I'm just learning

lmao, your question, which seemed like you fucking understand that you need to buy a cheap shitboxwas answered in the first fucking reply

"b-but it's boring and GAY"

>then get a Miata, it's RWD and fun

"GAY GAY GAY LOL IM NOT A FAGGOT"

"I HAVE A BIG DICK GUYS I SWEAR"

bet you're a manlet too

and as it was already pointed out, unless you're a literal retard it's VERY difficult to fuck up a car by learning manual on it, at worst you'll stall it a couple of times, maybe slip the clutch a bit when you're starting out

please don't reproduce you moron

>getting this mad someone doesn't worship the miata
If anything you sound like you have a small dick

I've already explained why I don't want an expensive manual car, if you can't bother to read the thread that's not my problem. That still doesn't explain how I supposedly have a small dick. Leave it up to literal virgins to bring up niggers and dicks when they have nothing to do with the thread

obvi ur a dumb troll

but I'm only pointing out that when the Civic was turned down because it's boring, an expensive manual car was turned down because OP is a pussy, and a fun, cheap car was suggested, OP's best response was "GAY FAGGOTS LOL"

Why do you even want a manual you faggot? So the boys on Veeky Forums will think you're a super cool tough guy? If you're "not sure if you'll like it" then spend the fucking $500 on a Civic and learn, then sell it for no monetary loss

but oh no that's too boring for Mr. Cool Kid

The fact that you're still focused on your dick proves my point you small-dicked dummy

wow this place is even more of a shithole than when i left a few months ago

Jesus Christ, could you be anymore triggered?

And for the record, I didn't call the miata gay, but thanks for letting everyone know you're a classic fanboy. This is exactly why no one takes that car seriously, and considers it a meme. Please kill yourself tonight

yeah I'm p fuckin triggered

you came seeking advice, and were spoonfed the answers but for one reason or another it's not good enough for you

So what's your plan, what are you getting?

So are you going to keep sperging out or are you going to read the thread? Damn dude, I'm sorry your father didn't pay attention to you but don't take it out on me

Where do you live that has manual shift rentals? It's definitely not America

C6 corvette

Camaro is far superior

Go to big name dealerships in your area. Like manufacturer dealerships. You'd be surprised what kind of deal you can get on a low mileage 2010+ manual just because nobody else wants a manual.

Just go dealership to dealership asking what kind of manuals they have and then ask what's the lowest they'd take. A lot have hard time getting rid of them.

> To learn on