darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/
>Simple guide:
arnaud.rocks/darkest-companion/
>More detailed guides:
i.imgur.com/LTxZyAU.jpg
docs.google.com/document/d/1eYJFVykEJ2ta1sDV4-5MKoQVAgZgk3LDzHb4v_p1Fo8/edit
>Homepage and news
darkestdungeon.com/
>Musketeer mod for non-backers (Musketeer is recruited through the caravan)
mega:#!tpFFXa4K!12r68edFgc-RDpJhKEdQRljHAFa0O3PpLsPFDAPurf8

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/darkestdungeon/comments/5eue4a/darkest_dungeon_multiplayer_on_pcandroid/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Really makes you think....

that sprite looks so stupid. I just can't take that fight seriously because of it. "Embrace futility" looks so absolutely ridicules. he's literally just menacingly doing the :thinking: pose towards you.

I just started playing this yesterday, at week 10 right now and I already killed the Necromancer, the Swine prince and some random Collector guy.
How is my progression so far?
How many weeks does one need to beat the whole game on his first playthrough?

depends on if you want to kill all bosses and shit or just go for the darkest dungeon immediately.

But don't worry about any time constraints. Just play the game at your own pace. There is no time limit in darkest and radiant mode.

I had well over 80 weeks because I wanted all caretaker goals and all ancestors trinkets before I finish the game.

bump.

Is this the least threatening enemy in the game?

-100 stress

>play the game for a while, hear the CPU trying to ingnite fusion
>after that try to browse stuff
>see shit like thiss all over

This is fine.

I retrospect, sometime in the past 7 years i should have reapplied some thermal paste, or at least clean it out.

Yes. Maggots are weak but they can stun and inflict disease. Even spiders are known to gangrape champs and doggos will almost always hit first which means deathblow to a hero on DD.

>i should have reapplied some thermal paste
Might be a bit too late now. Get a Intel i5 asap plus fan or maybe it's time to just build a new pc altogether.

More importantly maggots deal stress damage too.

yeah, im saving up for new comp, and i do have an old i5, which is the reason it held out for so long i bet.

Whats the weakest boss in the game and why is it the ghost crew

Flesh snek is hilariously easy with the right team.

>swine king
>flare
>laugh it to death

>siren
>holy water
>obliterate her

>formless flesh
>4houndmasters
>hold a blood-poolparty afterwards in all that bleed

>necromancer
>crusader
>necro commits sodoku because crusader keeps 1hiting his toys while the rest of the party bullies him

>prophet
>guard dog/occultist
>redecorate his chapel while his shouts are drowned out by laughter

>crew
>bitchlsap the anchorman to the back
>sink the rest of the crews dignity even lower

Or just bring arblest+occult+hound+BH and delete bosses in 3 turns

>with the right team
That applies to any boss.

is the radiant update out properly yet or its still beta?
Whats teh build number?

You had me up until the crew

How do you cheese the crew?

Radiant release was #17400. We're currently on #17549.

knockback the anchorman where he cant do anything, and the rest of the crew isn't much of a threat.
Though the fight is easy as it is, so its much better to just stun the guy for 2 turns, or flat out ignore him and burst teh crew down.

I really don't like Inchoate Flesh, it hits absurdly hard and whilst it's not too difficult to kill it, it can get sort of be a close call at times.

It's not gonna wipe your party but it could take one or two heroes along the way if you're really unlucky, which sucks.

thanks mate

That wasn't even purging, that was a necrophiliac gangrape.

Well that was fun. Four campfires led me to believe this place was a LOT larger than it actually is. I could have cleared the whole place.

i would love long dungeons but the fact that you have to throw away more than half of the loot annoys me.

There should be either a hamlet upgreatable, or pre-mission purchasable wagon to which you have to backtrack, wiht all its penalties to access, which acts as a second inventory. Hell, there could be event where the wagon is ihter robbed while in the dungeon or have to defend it when coming back to it.

>upgreatable
Upgrade*

Agreed. They want you to be limited to make resources more valuable and tactical so the hamlet doesn't progress too quickly so it strengthens it's desperate atmosphere for further immersion. Personally, I believe it's fine as it is or gold should go up to 2k without antiquarian and 3.5k with her. They buffed your gold carrying weight and inflated the currency and so far it hasn't been an issue.

That sounds fun as hell actually

Well fuck me in the ass then

That was my second attempt and the first one almost killed me. Even with a map from the first attempt I still got that fucking lost.

These bastards marking me just killed the run, and look at that party composition. What a jackass.

Holy fuck what a retard, I just realized I found the fucking portal that time and didn't notice it before getting teleported out and wandering to my death in the opposite direction. If I just went back I might have fucking won that run.

I could have used this knowledge and gone straight to the portal the second time.

Fuck.

I forgot to add, chances are for updates is sorta slim after dlc. Unless they plan for another one or move on to a new game; Darkest Dungeon has plenty of room for improvement and it's the gift that keeps on giving. Activity will spike up a lot once the DLC (probably happening in April) hits but no one can tell what Red Hook plans to do afterwards.

I think your idea is completely feasible if someone made the mod for it. For God's sake, there's a multiplayer mod so it's not completely impossible.

reddit.com/r/darkestdungeon/comments/5eue4a/darkest_dungeon_multiplayer_on_pcandroid/

>Stun him
>do enough damage or kill him out right
>if he summons, go for HMW first or ignore them all and just keep a DPS on collector
He's not that bad and most of the time he's free loot. Doesn't mean he's not annoying since you have almost no notification of when you fight him.

Which quirk to lock?

All of em.

>only 3 can be locked
>2 locked
C'mon man.

Did I FUCKING STUTTER?

Actually killed the collector fairly easily but my heroes got slightly fucked by 3 HMW he summoned which really made the last boss fight much harder.
The puzzling trapezohedron isn't useful when i already have 70k gold anyway.
Also because of that collector cunt i lost my best occultist

Corvid's eye.

+2 spd and more melee crit are great but in champion quests you will need accuracy more often and extra scouting could be a life saver. Occultists don't fight half of the time and you would want someone else to go first. Especially if you want a damage dealer to go first and finish the job while your occultist doesn't have anything to do.

Is it worth locking unerring on a hwm?

>no one can tell what Red Hook plans to do afterwards
They pitch CC as their "first" DLC.

Far as I'm concerned, they can make as many modular additions to the game as they want, and I'll keep buying (within reason).

Ahhh crap. I'm planning on fighting Formless Flesh right now too.

+10% dmg more on point-blank and grape shot is sexy. You can slap on slugger too since ripostes can potentially occur more often than his other melee skills.

Oh yes. I would gladly buy whatever good shit they're selling. Rarely do a gaming company ever delivers good content and frequent updates that always seems to be more improvement than setback. I'm hopeful that this dlc will live up to it's hype, can't wait to squash mosquito vampires.

> formless flesh
> this team
What did you expect?

Corvid's. Occultist's ACC blows.

>have two crui-fucking quirks locked in
>instead of fixing it, he locks in more shit

Am i the only one who doenst give a shit about locking in shit, but keeps the guys negative-quirk free?

I expected not having to fight the collector
I only lost that occultist because of the damage he did.

that enemy has the most disturbing sprites of all

I would be stressed as fuck too if literal animated shit from the ass of some rotting posessed swine lunged at me.

>ancestor mods the hamlet
>a shitposter arrives
>attempts to ban him from life
>ban evades

>Am i the only one who doenst give a shit about locking in shit
If you have spare money, quirks are the only other way to make your heroes stronger and more efficient. They're literally game changing and can net you quicker victories. You can't control what positive quirks your heroes get so if you happen to land on a really good one then you should make it a priority to lock in free shit.

You're missing out.

>brings him to /trash/
>goes mad and tears out his eyes

>mosquito vampires
Now I think about, they'll probably be Unholy/Beast.

Tell your Warrens Crusaders to pack their shit and be ready to leave for the Court, lads

>kickstarter trinket
Blah blah your shit blah blah how dare you play a single player game in a way we don't like

Why aren't backet trinkets/heroes included in the game as rare rewards?

I imagine because most of them are op/unorthodox

Sounds weird but i only give them to guys who come back from the darkest dungeon

I have a feeling the majority will be Unholy/Eldritch.

Cool, I personally don't care how some guy jerks off or plays his games as long as he's having fun and more importantly keeping me out of it

I got a short lvl 5 mission and I wanna try a shuffle party with a jester and gr

Im guessing I also take a hwm along the road and what should I get for 4th member? Also what spells?

Vestal or plague doctor

Another one
At least i'm not gonna have to fight a boss after this one.

A ballsy player once brought these madmen into DD1 blind.
And forgot bandages
Outside of that however they have been working just fine for me.

That's a lot of blood. Too much blood. What the fuck.

>Bonel
I'd like to have her fuck me until I ahegao

>Baiting for GR lewds
Silly user, you can just ask for that

[Spoiler]What if I genuinely want her to take control tho

>No bounty hunter or m-a-a for 6 weeks now. Only two classes I dont have a single one of
>Finally get a bounty hunter
>He's lvl 0
>torn rotator/off guard

Help.

Also is dark crown any good? I can buy it from the gypsy. Never seen it before.

One piece at a time, sweet-thing.

Welp I heard wrong about spoilers then, fuck me
Send him to the Looney bin and he'll be fine user

ctrl+s for the correct syntax senpai
The capital s was your mistake

>wasting money on a lvl 0 scrub

Hell no. Im just gonna go without until the game decides to give me a lvl 2 or 1 hero I need.

yee

God I fucking feel it dude
I've only gotten like 4 bounty hunters in my 170 weeks
they're all dead now, 3 of them died as champions

ctrl-s hasn't been working for awhile for me. Just brings me to my files to save the page I'm on or some shit

MY HOUNDMASTER HAS 70 FUCKING DODGE

HOW DOES A FUCKING BONE SKELLYMAN HIT HIM TWICE IN A ROW AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>tfw first few weeks got 3 HWM and BH, but now at week 56 only 1 arbalest

That's a 30% chance to hit each time, just like when your GR with 29.5% crit crits two or more times in a row.

Oh god If I get another hunger check im fucked.

But that secret room, I have to know, I have to.

>tfw 100+ dodge
>keep getting hit
>no health or PROT

Forgot pic but who cares.

FUCKING SHAMBLER APPEARING OUT OF THE FUCKING BLUE LIKE THAT NO.

At least i managed to run now, rip vestal and hellion heart attacks but fuck, at least I got to save the trinkets.

>Try DD1 for the first time
>send in my best men
>get BTFO badly
>Leper dies
>Houndmaster stays back while the Occultist and Jester retreat
>eventually get the Houndmaster back through the resurrection event
>go back in with the the same Occultist, Houndmaster and Jester
>also take a Hellion
>everything works out great, reach Shuffling horror
>long drawn out battle
>can't heal because Occultist gets constantly moved to the front
>everyone getting low
>Jester on death's door
>Shuffling horror gets pretty low too
>new round
>party gets shuffled again
>Jester in front
>use final
>it crits for massive damage
>boss is almost dead
>now I just have to heal the jester and...
>not so fast it's the Shuffling horros turn again
>death blow
>Occultist kills the horror with his knife
>mfw looking at the graveyard for several minutes afterwards
This game is making me depressed, it's always my very favorite characters that die, I wouldn't have given a shit about that random Hellion, but Pantoul was my bro, at least that cunt is dead, I doubt it gets better tough.

>DD1
>Leper anywhere in the post

damn son, the shambler can spawn when you go torchless, the higher the difficulty the more likely, 1% for apprentice level, 8% for veteran level and 12% for champion level

well, I went in blind

Yeah, but see that combat encounter to the top right, I thought that was the shambler, because holy shit it totally was. I'll just go around.

NOPE suddenly shambler battle, no warning no nothing.

Rip two perfectly good heroes.

move res on anchor too strunk, pull crew instead

>Objective: Kill the Shuffling Horror

I beat the game yesterday now I feel like I should stop playing until Crimson Court. I won't be able to finish a Stygian run before then, it took 2 months to beat Darkest. Plus if I wait until then it will be all the more challenging to get the Old Road achievement. Fuck I want to play though.

>Fuck I want to play though
I feel you. I wanted to hold off for the expansion before the Radiant update came out but I couldn't. Now I've beaten it and dumped and extra 160 hours in since then and still want to play.

>bare minimum of a month away
Help.

>jester is dying
>have him guarded
>by abomination go from full health to deathblow
I'm still waiting for my Abomination to resurrect. None in the stage coach and two empty spots on the roster.

I could just do runs on my complete save but it feels weird to keep sending my guys out when I've eliminated every threat. I feel like they all deserve to retire.

>AT LEAST two fights ahead
>pitch black
>a houndmaster and dead weight
Better cut your losses m8

I give you that one, but it's not like I even reached the Shuffling Horror in my first attempt, I made bad decisions and was very unlucky and the Leper got fucked way earlier.

You bet your sweet fucking ass I got out of there right at that instant.

Those 3 battles, 2 of them were shamblers

No way in hell I stood there any longer.

When you encounter a shambler and run, the next fight will always be a shambler until you kill it.

Thats the thing, I dont know for sure if the top encounter was a shambler, I assumed it was either that or a collector, so i went around.

Lo and behold a shambler greeted me.

Hey new Dank Dungeon diver. I was wondering is there a common sense system in place for treating sanity breaks?

Like if someone becomes masochistic would putting him in a flagellation room not cure him? Or a Hopeless person in the bar?

No. Send them anywhere you like, so long as they don't have a bad quirk that limits them (don't send them gambling if bad gambler, they can only pray if God Fearing)

Only stress heal if they're afflicted or you need them for the next mission. It's a waste of money otherwise since you can stress heal them during the quest or they get stress healed passively by week.