Mechanic retiring

My Mechanic is Retiring, he was the best, and wasent a dick head scammer as well.

So Veeky Forums what should i do? Should i just learn how to do mechanical work or should i just give all my hard earned shekels to the Toyota dealer to keep my 4runner on the Road?

How much maintenance can a 4runner really need?
Are you just talking scheduled stuff?

Ask him to recommend you someone to replace him.

Well, im going upgrade to tundra brakes

this, ask him if there are other mechanics he trusts

you can do that yourself

How many miles

362k kms

Tell him u will come to his home for work if he's ok w that. He will do it out his garage for cash at cheaper than shop cuz no overhead.

What r u, not Jewish?

Why don't you off yourself senpai?

If he had a shop, why didn't he train a mechanic under him to carry on the business?

I brought a 4runner a few months ago, it was in horrible shape. The guy did literally zero to fix it. So to answer your question, not much. You can basically run it into the ground and it will not die. I have no idea how those japs do it.

it's a shill post. Now he's going to think of a really bad answer to give you..

I might buy a 2nd gen 4runner later in the year

be sure to get a pre-purchase inspection!

Like that guy said, get it inspected. It could have rust up the ass, on top of god's knows what. That said, if you don't mind fixing it up, then you will love that car more than you've ever loved any living breathing thing on this planet. Especially when you smack that beautiful fat engine, she will love it and beg for more

Will do
I'm expecting a fuck ton of rust because its in an area that's close to the ocean

> smack that beautiful fat engine,
What's the milage like on the 3.0 v6 models

The mileage is shit, 100% shit. If you're planning a road trip have a tank on you just in case. Also keep in mind the interior space is terrible for a SUV. If you don't believe me test drive one for yourself. That said if you want a cheap 4wd this is your best bet. This car is a fucking tank in snow in my experience

Hes selling his busniness so he can retire

He also has a another mechanic there but yeah

Poor.

Especialy with the limted package, fucking beast in snow, locking diffs, transfercase, 1+ foot of ground clearance, fucking beast in snow

Ive honestly thought of that

Cause i have a dick. And a job. And a nice truck.