/Hyper Miler General/

>MPG autism
Who is getting the best mpg on Veeky Forums?
What's your highest score in your v8 pig or v6 hog?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vOBL62GTR_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fug, why do I find Honda Insight so sexy?

33mpg on the highway with my 96 crown vic going 65mph.

Then take a look at this...

youtube.com/watch?v=vOBL62GTR_I

What the fuck, if Honda made this into a production vehicle...

4AGE
Ae92 corolla GTS
700 km on a tank

I am a 30 year old manchild, who drives a cuck Crossover.

fuck man

i've never hyper miled before but i need to go 3500 kms in my 90s diesel and i only have $700 and i underestimated my costs so i hope i can pull it off

can I fuck your ass

I am a big guy, if anything I am gonna be fucking ur ass.

/Hypermile Sportscars/
When?

>Fug, why do I find Honda Insight so sexy?
You'd probably find Kristen Stewart sexy.

I aint a homo.

Damn son I'm impressed. Legitimately

You can have down force or no drag, take your pick

>1st gen Aero Victoria style
>3,780 lbs
vs
>2nd gen style brickesqe design
>3,964 lbs
Its easy senpai, aero vics are superior in every way.

Not fuckin bad m8

true car guys don't care about mpgs

33mpg @ 1500rpm @ about 55mph stockish ls1 fbody a4 3780lbs with me and the same friend every day. Computed by fillup. Only highway mileage at 55, no city at all. Tires at 51psi, flat and level rd. Best mileage I ever got was that summer. It's modified now and I'm lucky to get 28 on the same rt. Combined now is 23, city only 18.
My grand Cherokee with the 4.7 gets ~16.5 city, haven't weighed it, 3.73 (needs to be verified)gear. Haven't broken it in on a road trip yet, only had it a couple months.

I don't even care about the money. I just do it for fun when I'm not hooning

V6. I avg between 22-24mpg

it would be so niche that no one would buy it

Is there any course but suicide if you get dusted by a Honda Insight? I wouldn't even wait till I got home.

I get 25mpg driving like a dick in 90% city in my 2010 accord 4cyl

I guess that's pretty good for driving like a dick

I own a Volt, I havent been to a gas station since last thanksgiving

10L/100k so 23mpg in my 300zx twin turbo. That's max hypermiling too

What is the consensus for best hypermiling acceleration strategy in a turbo car? Turbo is purely for performance btw.

I've always assumed it was press the pedal enough for 0% vacuum, 0% boost I.e. 0 bar on my boost controller display. I figured the 75% throttle thing didn't apply on a high performance 3L turbo.

32 mpg on the interstate at 74 mph
29 mpg on the interstate at 79 mph

Ford Focus with the 2.0L Zetec, auto.

If I kept it around 50~ mph in the bottom of the top gear, I could probably get 40-45 mpg, but I'm not crazy enough to do that on the interstate.

Im swapping an om603 into a range rover classic, mpg matters when overlanding into the desert and according to old man down the street from me who did the same thing its going to get 23 city/27 highway which is pretty good for fulltime 4x4. My camaro gets 15 city/17 highway with a 383 stroker and Im happy

38 mpg on a >100 mile flat highway stretch with a v6 TLX.

>vr6 Jetta
25mpg on the highway is not only the best I've ever done, but what it was listed as new
I've only had it a month or two but I'm averaging about 250 miles per tank
tfw ywn hypermileage

What year? I got a 12, 5 gear manual, I get 29 street driving like a fucking asshole pulling at every red light

That was going 75-85. Although I've measured the actual mpg the car says to be 0.5-1.5 better than the actual mpg. It's closer to reality with highway driving though

Vegetable oil dual fuel conversion

2000, first gen

It gets about 25~ mpg in the city. For whatever reason that engine just isn't very fuel efficient. I think it had several revisions before being thrown into the third gens.

>what is ground effects?

let me reiterate
i have $700

Santa monica to Phoenix in 5 hours. Cracked 100+ in az multiple times
30+ mpg
2009 yaris 3 door manual.

lol shit, my diesel microshitbox would spend ~170 yurobux doing that distance

Catch the train.

Oh yeah, ok then my dude, make sure your wheel bearings are greased well, and use full synthetic oil with just a hint of some high mileage of a slightly lighter weight

>/Hyper Miler General/
I can't hyper-mile because that makes too many other drivers angry with me.

Damn. I bought a new Malibu and it only gets 34 on the highway.

I assume pure electric vehicles can't compete.
Here's my 2012 Prius Plugin with enough wall-chargable EV range for 99.99% of all my trips.
Currently at 0.7 l/100 km.
That's 336 mpg (US).
With careful planning, I can basically get infinite mpg (no fuel use whatsoever).

2012 Avalon
Average 21 mpg mostly driving around town
Trip to Maine in the fall average 34 mpg doing 75-80 all on the highway.

i want to keep the truck though

geo metro 50mpg mixed driving.
~500 miles to the tank.

Btw, getting good mpg out of cars like this is PURELY for the fun of it. Dunno how they did it, but I constantly find myself having fun, trying to lower consumption even more and going out of my way to avoid having the ICE fire up.
It's even gone so far that I leave the Prius and take my gas guzzling 2003 Lexus if I know the trip at hand is beyond EV range, even though the Prius would be far cheaper to do those trips in. I'm so obsessed with the in-car statistics, it's not even funny.

that's really good! toyota echo 2001 here about 35 mpg mostly stop n' go

You might want to clarify some rules because some people will just guess if they don't have a trip computer which could be wildly off because my best calculated guess from a full tank to reserve is 62.2 mpg while my trip registered 56.10 mpg. The previous fill was actually under-calculated so that was causing the inaccuracy.

On average it will mostly even out but saying "I once did this many mpg!" is most likely bullshit.

Moral of the story, unless the tank is bone dry when filling up and running out of petrol you can't get an accurate reading on how much you burned.

even trip computers aren't accurate, some just straight up lie

better to fill the tank, reset the trip meter and the next time you refuel do the calculation with how much gas you put in and the distance in the trip meter

how do you even? on my motorcycle i get 49mpg

anal hypermiling: pulse glide, slip stream, coasting w/ ignition off, piss off city drivers by leaving big gaps and driving slow as fuck.

normal driving still nets like high 40s hwy and high30s city.

in the metro community some manage 60mpg reliably.

The metro has a tiny as Fuck engine, the base model had a three cylinder 1 liter. Combined with manual transmission and the fact it only weighed 1900 pounds, this thing will sip gas

>coasting w/ ignition off

Enjoy your steering lock

>What is ACC key position.

2016 camaro ss M6 . from mass to southern PA. averaged 29.5 over the span of 400 miles(encountered some traffic), 25 mile best was 34.4mpg. 50 mile best was 32.9 mpg

note: the M6 doesn't do displacement on demand.

>coasting w/ ignition off,

>he doesn't now engines don't use fuel when coasting

I get about 26 mpg in the city and around 40 on the highway. Skyactiv shits pretty gud.

21-22mpg city/24-25mpg higway in my 2002 wrx. Takes premium, which sucks, but that 17lbs of boost + boxer rumble makes it all worth it.

Illegal

When in Neutral, they do. Ignition off allows you to coast out of gear (no engine braking) without using gas.

Over 40mpg in a diesel AWD W221 S Class

Not bad at all for a car that weighs over 5000lbs

metro cuts off fuel with very little margins and only when the engine is in operating temp.

>MPG
>Temperature shows in Celsius.

I think it's time to remind people that the unit "Gallon" is different in the UK and the US.
1 UK gallon = 1.2 US gallons.

40 mpg in the UK = 33 mpg in the US.

Canadian car. I switched the mileage indicator to miles per US gallon

Ah, very well.
Assumed British.
If we do have some Brits here, they still need to remember this.

Wow are you people serious that I'm the best actual MPG in a real car so far in this thread?

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i, obviously AWD full time (the torque split changes all the time unless coasting), I can't get this rating anymore because I moved to a place where the fuckwit drivers make me have to slow down suddenly even at 2AM on a Tuesday morning, and they leave studded tires on for 3 months after the snow is gone and it's 65 outside. But when I lived in a state that had reasonably good drivers and banned metal traction devices on public roads, I frequently got 41-42mpg driving with only a 100ft net elevation drop over 25 miles. It was the same regardless of whether I used 225/40-18 summer tires or LRR 195/65-15 all seasons.

Now that I've moved to this place with shitty cheese grater roads and autistic traffic, my best tank has been a shitty ass 28mpg. I got tired of the 20mpg in the winter and installed a block heater which is good for a few mpg, not having to warm up for so long.

>I'm the best actual MPG in a real car so far in this thread
What about

autism

Yes. I have a feeling I may actually be autistic.
But I do have a wide range of interests, so I'm hoping there's no diagnosis...

diesel

fucking moron

why don't I compare a semi truck to a BRZ and call the BRZ owners fucking retards for not having the towing capacity of a fucking 14L diesel truck?

>W221
also 99.9% sure that's in the UK. 40mpg imperial isn't even remotely close to 40mpg us.

>anal hypermiling: pulse glide, slip stream, coasting w/ ignition off, piss off city drivers by leaving big gaps and driving slow as fuck.

You cannot hypermile in my downtown district. Pretty soon, everyone will remember WHICH car is being the super asshole of downtown and you'll not be able to park downtown anymore because everyone hates whoever is in that car.

60 mpg on a 2015 FZ-07. I could probably get better, but it is annoying to maintain. You literally need to go like 65 mph.

I typically average 52-55 driving it like I stole it.

Thank you, come again. Where do I collect my prize?

I got 47 MPG once in my '13 Focus. Empty car, sight downhill, going 95km/h.

how can you go so slowly? its very difficult

>my 5.0L AWD Explorer

About 10mpg driving normally. Floor it and it goes down to 6 or 7

>annoying to maintain
Annoying to everyone else is more like it.

Just one SINGLE hyper-miler can cause traffic jams on a mile of freeway or increase the gridlock of downtown traffic. It also wastes a lot of gas of all those other cars if your hyper-miling decreases the overall throughput of the roads.

For example, slow starts at traffic lights means fewer cars behind you will get through those lights. Therefore, additional gasoline is burned by those cars trapped into waiting another round of lights. That gasoline should be factored in to your hyper-mileage just to be fair. After all, that is the total gasoline your car (and you) is responsible for consuming on your road trip.

Those who argue that only the gas consumed by the prius counts are splitting hairs too fine and losing the big picture. They are like those fine point defenses where the person who shot the gun is innocent because they didn't kill the victim, the victim died due to blood loss so it was the victim's fault he was so weak he died. Or it was no one's fault because after getting shot, the victim fell and broke his head on the sharp edge of the desk so it was accidental death. However, the big picture is that the person who shot the gun is guilty just as the big picture of a hyper-miler should include the gasoline waste the hyper-miler inflicted upon all the other cars on the road.

i get 19 highway with my 5.0 explorer

>About 10mpg driving normally. Floor it and it goes down to 6 or 7

somethings not right lad normal driving in traffic i get around 13-14

19 on highway @65 with cruise control on

>somethings not right lad
People don't mention their terrain. If you live in a hilly area, you will lose MPG especially if there are stop signs and traffic lights making you start acceleration from zero speed going uphill once again.

I bought a new 2016 Chevrolet Malibu with 2.5L non-turbo engine. It gets 19 MPG if I carelessly drive it in my hilly area. It gets 19.9 if I try to hyper-mile it without cutting people off or ultra-slow rolling start. The city itself has hills and lots of stops. But on flat urban city lands, it gets 20.8 MPG in normal driving and 21.7 MPG if I try hard to not waste gas. The EPA sticker was 24MPG city and I don't see how they got that. I've tried switching gasolines to full tanks of regular non-top tier, regular top tier, premium non-top tier, and premium top-tier gasolines and cannot get to that EPA city miles. Is that EPA number fake? Or is my car faulty? I am using full synthetic oil, the OEM tires, and tire pressure is full.

The EPA testing is generally on the high end of what you'll see from the car but yours does seem kinda low. I'd check the air filter to see if it's really dirty and clean the MAF sensor to start. If both were in need of cleaning you'll probably see the 2 MPG you're missing.

High score in my C5 vette, 6 speed (with cam/heads upgrade and headers) was 29.3 on a long road trip. Averaged 28.5 for the entire 2000 mile trip, city and highway

Put ten hours of mixed city and highway driving on this bad lad, and averaged 30.8mpg. The machine behind behind it gets an average of 13.5 with conservative driving habits, way worse if you're having fun.

Fug

Rather than calculating based of an empty tank, I do it from the needle being exactly at the half mark, then I fill it up.

>I've tried switching gasolines to full tanks of regular non-top tier, regular top tier, premium non-top tier, and premium top-tier gasolines and cannot get to that EPA city miles.
Does this affect anyone else? I've always been curious about the differences

It's a car though
>durr diesel doesn't count

Nah Canada, see

16eco f150
19mpg driving normally
14mpg driving in sport mode while flooring it everywhere.

Managed to average 37.2mpg in mine on an 800mi trip this weekend. Such good cars.

I think if I try hard, I can get about 14mpg at 60 in my truck

Beat me, I got 32 in a 94 deville on the highway

It would only have benefit based on whether the computer was retarding the spark (and adjusting the variable valves if your has that). If your car on regular was going to knock but isn't due to the massive retarding, then switching to premium will give you a MPG boost since the computer no longer needs to retard.

You can find out if there is detectable improvement by letting the tank get closer to empty and then refilling with premium. If you are using the car's automated MPG indicator (newer cars), you should run through 50 miles or so and then clear it so you get a fresh cumulative MPG count. The computer needs some time to settle down due to fuel change since it has an adaptive algorithm just as the automatic transmission does. Yes, new cars have adaptive transmissions if you didn't know.

my dad has a lifetime average of about 800mpg in his volt

most i've ever gotten in my g35 is like 21 on a 250 mile trip but most of the time i get like 13

my ls400 uually gets like 17 because i go the speed limit mot of the time in it

i had a mazda3 that i usually got 22 in but i once got 37.5 over a 280 mile trip

you're probably reminded of someone right now aren't you?

>'91 Tercel
44mpg highway if I drive 55
39mpg mixed
35mpg highway if I drive 80

>'84 Rabbit diesel
42mpg highway if I drive 55
48mpg mixed
35mpg highway if I drive 65

Stupid asshole diesel.

100+ mpg

I ride a 125.

Have you ever parked the car with the needle at half then the next day its off the half mark?
It's never absolute.

Thats exactly what my best guess calculated mpg was based on.
>Petrol used (%)
100% of previous fill up
>Re-fuel amount
Full
>Miles covered since
Trip computers reading

3.0 i6 turbo - 43 mpg

56 MPG (5l 100km ) EK3 Civic.

(113bhp 1.5 Vtec-e)

That's driving like an absolute turd, normally it's around 47 mpg ( 6l/100)

95 RON