Veeky Forums bands

What does Veeky Forums think of these guys?

Do any other bands make historical music exclusively?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AzBCiyDkXPw
youtube.com/watch?v=M155Er6PFz0
youtube.com/watch?v=MaKR4ddkRrY
youtube.com/watch?v=IcjWJ9t2Yag
youtube.com/watch?v=MrhgE5a5JQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=9foO7qWlNds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>crappy metal
>Veeky Forums music

Try again when you're an adult

youtube.com/watch?v=AzBCiyDkXPw

>What does Veeky Forums think of these guys?
Don't know them, but if the pic is anything to go by they must be some shitass power/fok metal band.
>Do any other bands make historical music exclusively?
There's many groups of musical historians who get together to make an album on a specific period, like Symphonia Panica, and many musicians who occasionally publish purely historical pieces like Werkraum, but I doubt any actual musician (rather than musical historian) exclusively focuses on historical pieces (well you know, before modern notation anyway,otherwise all classical music counts).

Sabaton are really fun and catchy. The only people who don't like them are killjoys. They get real samey though. No other band sounds quite like them but all their songs sound quite similar.

As far as historical themed metal goes I think the Gettysburg Trilogy by Iced Earth is pretty dope

youtube.com/watch?v=M155Er6PFz0

A pretty unique folk metal band would be Eluveitie, where the themes and lyrical content are focused on telling the story of the Helvetii tribe during the roman invasions

Iron Maiden made a lot of songs which deal with historical events

Whatever you say retard.

Absolutely cringeworthy. I don't know who can seriously sit down and enjoy that.

How are they cringeworthy? They're fun.

AND THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVE

The band is pretty much done. Only the singer and I think the bassist are left fromt he original members. Anna Murphy left with the other half of the band.

>What does Veeky Forums think of these guys?
I think they're cute. They remind me of that argentinian musical cartoon about the Falklands war.
I don't know of other groups like them, however.

I think it's a shame the music is so bad.

i enjoy sabaton, i just can't stand their teenage fans thinking that the band will teach them history better than a teacher

I know it fucking sucks but the early stuff was still great

>inventing implausible people so you have someone to feel superior to

read the comments on any official sabaton video

Sabaton is alright as a general eye opener for historical events, but the doesn't exactly depict history objectively, since almost every single song is about a battle in a recorded war, band members' personal political opinions influence their lyrical storytelling.

Sabaton started out alright, but became pretty 'meh' after their all time peak with Carolus Rex.

>but the
the band*

>their all time peak with Carolus Rex
It's even better in swedish.

They are fuckin awful, get some taste you pleb

>power metal
Literal 100% pure unadulterated garbage

>shiting on someone's taste and not posting better music
/mu/ pls leave

youtube.com/watch?v=MaKR4ddkRrY
Who here likes Sea Shanties?

sabaton, like all other power metal, is for autistic neckbeards

it's for out of shape nerds who sit in their basements and fantasize about being le epic SS men or spartans

Abu Yaseer
youtube.com/watch?v=IcjWJ9t2Yag

I don't like Sabaton because their lyrics treat me like I'm literally retarded.

>guys, what if our listeners are too stupid to realize this song is about D-Day?
>LET'S THROW THE EXACT DATE INTO THE LYRICS JUST TO BE SURE
>ok!

Plenty of metal bands write dumb lyrics but at least they don't condescend me in the process.

I really like Heidevolk.

youtube.com/watch?v=MrhgE5a5JQ0

Kek

you can't keep your land in mena and you want to conquer europe

It doesn't matter if it will actually succeed or not, are you prepared for the attempt?

>power metal

They're fun

Sabaton are fucking hyperfaggots and this board does not tolerate such people.

read the comments on any song uploaded on youtube
no matter the artist or topic there will be dumbasses there; that said i don't know anything about sabaton so maybe they're shit i wouldn't know

Sounds cringy desu senpai.

they're a good, redpilled band

no
they're the music of choice for the bluepilled right wing faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=9foO7qWlNds