The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN (embed)
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Warrior Maiden go an FIGHT:
>youtube.com/watch?v=xp0LfCRQ58w
>youtube.com/watch?v=b32XNVur4-c
>youtube.com/watch?v=6OGlFXoLUFo

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=854025793
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=636724652
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pistols are useful

pistols are for faggots

Not in lw2

machine pistols

Whoa user, try not to suck any dick on the way to your next post.

>t. doesn't take advantage of AWC

Said no one ever after being shot.

body shield vs. damage control for shinobi?

>posting the EU carapace with boobplate

But dick is so delicious...

t. wastes time and utility slot for pistol usage

What class is better served by pistols than their native primary secondary or utility items?

I feel like nanoscale is almost mandatory in lw2 with smaller squads.

Why in the shit would you put a tank PCS on a Shinobi in the first place, you big dummy?

Any of them actually. The AWC perks bring things that no other class has (but every class has because of the AWC).
I sniper can't fight at close range. Unless he has a pistol. An assault can't use a shotgun at mid-long range. But he can with a pistol. A ranger can't attack multiple targets or take multiple shots after moving. Unless he has a pistol. Technicals want to focus on their rockets or flamethrowers by perks, so their shooting is pretty weak and they aren't to good at range besides their rocket. But they can be better with a pistol.
Pistols ok.

DON'T YELL AT ME
they get shot a lot man, something to do with trying to kill enemies with swords in 2035. need something to protect them.

AYY supporter right there and there.

I haven't seen advent gunners in a while should I reinstall my game?

You see everything else? Maybe the AI is dead set on the other units and is not 'wasting' resources on them at the moment.

Could just be that they aren't spawning. Happens sometimes. I went an entire campaign and only saw a single Berserker once.

Ah okay. I was about to do some cleaning but I do see the other troops. My first play through was filled with gunners and officers.

The game's rules for spawning enemies are arcane and complex. Probably just that it isn't meeting the criteria to spawn gunners right now. They'll show up again at some point. Just have patience. If you go an entire campaign without seeing them, that's a little odd and you might want to bug report it (here assuming LW2, of course).

ayyy

motherfucking sectoid commanders

That's alot of ayys

How? Did you just overwatch camp while a pod of sectoids decided to create the apocalypse?

sectoid commander's can mass resurrect from the fog

LW2 or some other mod?

Yeah it's long dong 2

>An assault can't use a shotgun at mid-long range
blatantly false, at mid ranges the shotgun has even better aim than pistol
>A ranger can't attack multiple targets or take multiple shots after moving
when I realized you were baitposting
>But [technicals] can be better with a pistol.
they can't, nothing makes technicals good except the more rockets mod

I use pistols but it's only ever for guys that need to maximize their cool

>blatantly false
Pretty sure it's not. Shotguns are less accurate in LW2 than in vanilla, otherwise I would agree
>when I realized you were baitposting
They literally can't. Rapid-fire is single target, kill-zone is reaction fire.

actually the range bonuses are unchanged from vanilla

Are they? Guess I'll have to check on that.

>They literally can't. Rapid-fire is single target, kill-zone is reaction fire.
Maybe you weren't baitposting but I still think you are.

Ever vigilant + rapid reaction is literally moving and then taking multiple shots, as for attacking multiple targets that's literally light 'em up, their very first ability.

>light em' up
>when I expressly said moving and then shooting
Come one user. And once again reaction fire is not the same thing. I don't know how you get baitposting out of a post that has one thing wrong. Just face it, pistols are useful. Of course no one is gonna challenge the sniper point either because it's pretty obvious.

Misread your sentence structure, but as for shooting multiple targets after moving, you can go right back to ever vigilant + rapid reaction. I'm guessing you haven't built an overwatch ranger ever and fell for the crit infantry meme. You say reaction fire isn't the same thing, you're only right about that in the sense that it is actually better than ordered shots.

Didn't contest sniper pistols because they don't need a third utility slot or the +1 mob.

>you're only right about that in the sense that it is actually better than ordered shots.
Nah. Nothing meme about critfanty.

>it's a "defend the AO until firebrand can return" episode

If your sniper has to use the pistol, you've already fucked up

I guess an exception could be made for a holotargeting officer + pistol perks, but even, their action economy should be used on buffs/debuffs, not things like faceoff or gunslinger.

Personally, I don't use my squad in a way that necessitates pistol usage for any situation, but i get that playstyles are different

critfantry's role is better served by snipers or assaults or gunners, IMO. A good OW built infantry can flank pods by dashing, go into auto-ow and then murder them when they move.

Slap dragon rounds on that motherfucker and watch the fireworks.

>squad of death incoming
>squad of death incoming
>rapesquad inc

Stop I just want to preserve my squad at this point

>if things go perfectly you won't need it
Well good thing this is xcom then

Perhaps.

Is there a problem with that? I can always post Air Game with no problems whatsoever.

>sniper is within range penalty distance of enemies
>saying 'THATS XCOM BBY'

Positioning your squad is something you've got a lot of control over. Unless reinforcements are dropping on your sniper, you have no excuse for that situation.

>Enemies run up at "CLOSE RANGE"
>Reinforcements drop right on your asss
>Melee units
>Drones
>Dude lmao just play better
You never blame the game for your own shortcomings, or for getting a bit of bad luck thrown your way. But that's not the same thing as acknowledging that things go wrong, when you don't play optimally, and even when you do play optimally.
This is just the medic/medkits argument all over again.

>you have no excuse for the sitation
Why do I need an excuse? Things didn't go as planned, now my sniper has pistol to solve this problem.

OMAKASE~

Just got one of those. Got two Sectopod.. pods. Fortunately it went well. First one, my gunner went all Cyclic Fire on and wrecked it. Second one went down to Reaction fire, surprisingly enough. Normally everyone misses those shots.

Haven defense missions always end with me hating my troops because of how shitty they are at killing incoming reinforcements with their overwatches.
>Evac was placed on the flat roof of a warehouse.
>Place troops on the edges of the roof behind cover.
>Every single turn the reinforcements land directly on the evac zone on top of the roof.
>Every single man misses his reaction shot against a bunch of Advent troopers running directly past them with no cover.

>>Evac was placed on the flat roof of a warehouse.

You are lucky they didn't blow the evac zone up.

I was "lucky" enough that most of the ayys were Vipers, Berserkers and Sentries/Lancers.

I think XCOM2 needs an expansion PLUS Long War2
in at least a somewhat balanced state like what the original Long War is now.

EW Long War still feels so much more atmospheric.

The only thing XCOM2 did was made it look "pretty" also pistols
are finally useful.

NO

NO AIR GAME

Current OP is great

Scout Master Sargent, first one of the Campaign.

Normally I think I prefer Vital Point Targeting, but 4 HP is really god damn low, so she pretty badly needs Extra Conditioning.

Don't tell me this is a loss edit of a KSP Firebrand

>The only thing XCOM2 did was made it look "pretty" also pistols
>are finally useful.
X2 did alot more than that. The customization is substantial and should not be discounted as "just cosmetic." The moddability is a tremendous leap forward. I know some people bitch about the DLC, but it was way more substantial than X1 DLC. I maintain that generated maps are a step forward. It's really the usual step forward, step backwards kind of stuff.
Also pistols have always been useful, no dedicated class necessary.

Let's be real here, the DLC is just a little bit less substantial than Slingshot or Progeny (granted Progeny was included in EW after fan backlash - a good thing too considering you get four free psions.)

>are a step forward. It's really the usual step forward, step backwards kind of stuff.

I would have preferred no floor destruction at all since the extra LOS bugs are not
worth it. Floor breaches sounded fun but the LOS is so broken now I don't even
think it's possible to fix it.

I'm not saying XCOM2 is bad by a long shot, it's just that it needs atmosphere
from the music and ambience and way more discoverable ayy types.
I would have preferred RNG ayy types than maps and just have a
map editor for people to make more along with random LZ which
proved to be just enough in Long War with its set maps let alone if more
could be made.

>atmosphere buzzword

>the DLC is just a little bit less substantial than Slingshot or Progeny
I don't know if I agree with that.

>I would have preferred no floor destruction at all since the extra LOS bugs are not
worth it
I don't think those two are actually connected. Maybe they are, but wall los breaks regularly as well.
Regardless, LOS definitely needs to be fixed for the expansion. It's the most basic mechanic the player has to depend on to actually play the game properly.

>Let's be real here, the DLC is just a little bit less substantial than Slingshot or Progeny

No way fag, the Xcom2 DLCs are way better.

Pretty happy with that level up since I got the HP.

I also don't know if I regret Bring 'Em On instead of Sprinter. It feels strange getting BEO without Aggression, but getting *two* free Battle Scanners is pretty incredibly useful.

How do you guys recommend building Scouts? I usually use them as backup Snipers. I think maybe Concealment+Sprinter could possibly be better than the extra Dakka lategame (especially if they are not Officer material).

Concealment scouts with low profile, battlescanners, and sprinters is good.

Hello buzzword user

Low Profile doesn't work with Ranger though. I feel I would rather have Ranger, but then again I imagine I would use my scouts differently as Concealment Scouts as more Frontline soliders.

>I imagine I would use my scouts differently as Concealment Scouts as more Frontline soliders.
This pretty much.
Concealment scouts give permanent first strike capabilities with either a sniper or rocketeer.

Hey, looks like I am not the only one playing the old xcom.

Ah, right. And Concealment would probably mean I wouldn't *need* Battlescanners.

Mods/hair? Also upload character she looks cute :3c

>I wouldn't *need* Battlescanners.
Eh, I would still take them. But that's just me.

Meta Xcom when /xcg/ ? I want mutated nigh superhuman xcommers.

First Pathfinder of the Campaign. He wasn't *terrible*, but I have plenty of Scouts and he was only at +2 Aim at TSGT.

Hope this guy rolls well.

I don't know what I want to build him as though.

Fuck. Why is it so hard to choose what I want.

I have a bad feeling about the next turn boys.

God Bless Rockets, and Command for that matter.

So is there some mod that tells you exactly where on the map your crit wounded soldier is?

X-Ray Neutralized.

My recreation of Annette Durand from EW

All vanilla

that xwynnns guy has one he uses, not sure what it's called but he put up his modlist

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=854025793

ah yes here it is

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=636724652

Youre a good fucking guy, ive been reloading the same save over and over looking for it, but ill be damned if i leave my boy behind

not a problem user

You mean Gene Mod soldiers? Wait for Tygan expansion.

So uhh... the mod doesn't work mid-save. Any ideas to save my ranger?

I love 0% infiltration supply raids

Maybe merciful advent?

It's very possible the body bugged out. I'm sorry user.

Finally starting my first LW1 playthrough. It's on I/I and it's going swimmingly so far.

How do you guys deal with Roadway maps? I've been just shooting lots with double infantry, and flanking Suppressed targets to dislodge them from cover. Rocketeers have been sweet too, one hit HEAT and blew two whole pods of drones in one mission.

Snipers help a lot, as well as support grenade mules. I like to use medics for smoke/chem/flashbangs/psibangs for two reasons, firstly the medic class gets excellent will progression, and secondly it gives them some use prior to psi lab and later while their abilities are on cooldown.

But really the big danger of roadways is the lack of flanking routes, and the plethora of explosive low cover. Smoke grenades are important when facing high aim enemies (thin men, mutons, etc.)

Gotcha. I'm only 3 hours in so it's just drones and sectoids so far.

All the guns hit super hard in this game. On my first ufo (which hilariously was downed in a single hit WITHOUT friendly skies) i had a stupid move activate the outsider, but a rocket and a few rookies later it was toasted. The big HP bars aren't so scary.

You know I've been playing these games couch co-op style with my little brothers since EU came out, and I've defended it after each and every glitch. Each time my brothers would get upset at a fuck up, I would just claim that they didn't understand the game, and that its xcom baby. But at a certain point, is it all really worth it? Am I even right to defend this game with the amount that I do? In short, fix your game jake

How would you describe pic related lads?

Useful.

Useful.

Break LOS is more useful.

I preferred the EU pistol

Lotta loyalty for a mind controlled advent

Yeah you can get pretty lucky with critical hits during air combat. Early game for crashed ufos definitely bring a few flashbangs, actually go ahead and bring a couple on every early mission. They make outsiders a lot less scary with the -50% aim -40% mobility.

Better than swords

I would only play Long War1 if it had a graphics overhaul.

The outsiders really don't scare me. I'm not really running Snipers (though i may recruit some) so i have some dank ass rocketeers. Since this is my first time on I/I i'm trying a Gauss rush, so I want some high level rocketeers to help against mech.

>gauss rush
rip