So, just got my first ticket, Veeky Forums

So, just got my first ticket, Veeky Forums.
>Going just slightly faster than traffic
>Just past midnight
>See HIDs approaching me from behind rapidly
>Like a retard, I speed up a little rather than get over
>Now on my ass, a car length, maybe 2 at most behind
>Flashing his high beams and shit
>Retard.exe commence
>Speed up more
>Keeps flashing and tailgating me
>Finally up to 113 mph in a 65 zone and common sense kicks in
>Finally get over to let them pass so I can slow back down
>Dude gets behind me again
>Disco lights go on

Going to fight it, because it was a stupid mistake on my part, but there was no reason for them to have ridden up on me that fast and been flashing their highs and tailgating like that.

>ITT: Fastest speeding tickets/stories thread

Other urls found in this thread:

jewishvirtuallibrary.org/joint-us-israel-police-and-law-enforcement-training
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>speeding up because someone is on your ass
retard

>American cops

>driving my M5
>driving home from a friends house out in ventura
>going like 140 on the 101
>cop parked under the bridge in camarillo somewhere
>Radar detector didnt go off
>uhoh.jpeg
>see in the distance cop pulling out with lights
>turn all the lights off on my car and gun it
That straight stretch out there is pitch black on the freeway. Thank you blacked out taillights
>pull off the freeway and blow a light
>see roller fly by
>head back towards oxnard and hit PCH

Fuck. Haven't driven the car since. Im fucking terrified of pulling it out of my garage thinking that they're still looking.
>inb4 durr pull over
No. Refuse to get my first ticket.

But I thought that's what Real Racers™ are supposed to do.

I did the same thing on the 505 on my sport bike, except it was broad daylight.

After he was out of sight, I took the Vacaville exit, pulled into a Starbucks and ordered a Venti black coffee, and sat there terrified of going out on my bike again for 2 hours without touching my coffee.

It was a shitty version of "going to the Winchester and waiting for all this to blow over."

Luckily my plate was folded up.

I doubt he got plates. No way he could see them when I flew by that fast.

Computers

You think so? I left him in the dust

>going to fight it
>because it was a stupid mistake on my part

That ticket and that sentence separated by 2 commas proves how dumb you actually are.

The cops around here, while their dash cams are terrible resolution, have dedicated plate scanners on their cars as well. They regularly read plates while the cop is travelling 50 MPH in one direction with you travelling 50 MPH in the opposite direction, so in normal function they can operate fine at an effective speed of 100 MPH. How far above that they'll still continue to work, I have no idea, and if you're lucky the cop you went by didn't have one, but there's still a chance they know who you are. Though for something like that, they'd probably just show up at the registered address after the fact if they did.

I think i know what's wrong with OP

You shouldn't fight it, because of the mistakes on your part

It's been almost 2 months.

Nothing so far

>there was no reason for them to have ridden up on me that fast and been flashing their highs and tailgating like that.

Yeah, there was. He's a cop, he can do whatever the fuck he wants. It's not uncommon in my area for the cunts to turn their lights on just so you'll give them space for them to blow past you, then once they get an intersection or two down the road they'll cut 'em back off and drive like normal.

I'm sorry you got rickrolled by the boys in blue, they got you good. Fighting it won't work though.

Happens sometimes
Years ago got tailgated by one of those assholes on a rural highway outside of a shitty town. I thought it was just some regular redneck faggot. It pissed me off so I got in the center lane way before I needed to turn. He followed us pulled us over.
>Crossing the yellow was the only thing he could come up with

>cops tailgate you
>you speed up and he pulls you over for speeding
>you slow down and he pulls you over for impeding traffic
>you get over and they say you crossed a yellow line

Just what the fuck is it that they want from us for fuck's sake?

This thread reminds me of the one and only speeding ticket I got way back when I first started driving

>driving home from Celtic music concert at midnight ish
>me and GF
>decide to take a different route than usual to get home
>Cruising down 35mph road
>Slight downhill so I'm coasting a bit
>Suddenly some cunt is behind me riding my ass and flashing his brights
>consider brake checking him, but realize that would make me the asshole here
>decide to speed up slightly and move over a lane so he can pass me
>maybe hit 45 while getting over because I assume he's going faster
>return to 35 as soon as I'm in the rightmost lane
>Think guy's gonna go blowing past me
>gets back behind me
>brights on
>even closer this time
>WTF guy, what do you fucking want?
>eventually arrive at a 4-way stop
>suddenly
>cherries and berries activated
>44mph in a 35 zone
>All because I was trying to be a decent person and let someone I thought was speeding get around me

I don't understand the logic of it all sometimes.

To ticket you and fulfill their quota, numbnuts.

Those new NIG-ZAPPER 5000s ain't gonna fund themselves.

>NIG-ZAPPER 5000s
Knowing what my money is funding now, I feel a little better.

fyi to all anons - the new police cars have HIDs. The lightbar on a 2016 Explorer is almost impossible to tell from its roof rack. Explorers have white LEDs instead of red reflectors in their bumpers for police versions.

Pretty sure he thought he had a live one.
>He might be drunk
>Maybe I can bait him to speed though where it goes from 55 to 30 mph ahead
I got into the center median before the cut out for the turn but his headlights were killing my eyes and he was following uncomfortably close.

If they pull you over for impeding traffic after you slow down, you can challenge it in court.
If someone rides your bumper, that's an unsafe following distance for that speed. Carefully slowing down to a speed where it becomes a safe distance is reasonable.
Or pin the needle to the speed limit and play a game of "I'm doing my driver's license test" until they become bored. If they still pull you over for some bullshit, challenge it in court and vote in a different sheriff.
Also, get a dash cam.

Here they have some 2012+ mustangs with hidden lights and tinted windows. They even have black aftermarket wheels.

The next time a cop or fucking anyone for that matter decides to tailgate me I will just take a breath, tilt my rear view mirror down, turn up my eurobeat and continue driving as casually and safely as possible. They can go suck it.

>that story
>cop actually wrote you up for over 100mph
lel
you're retarded and going to get fucked
hard

In my winter beater I got pulled over from a cop tailgating me. I got pissed off and began increasing speed slowly, and they eventually pulled me over for 20km over the limit (~82 in a 60). The reason I got out of it? I had the cop stick his head in my window and look at my dash with his car still parked right behind me. Even he couldn't see my dim ass dashboard lighting over his insane HIDs coming in through my rear window, and he actually gave me a pass based on the fact that I couldn't see my guages due to his unsafe driving. Couldn't even give me a fix it becuase all the lights worked, just barely.

>Only reason he agreed to that though was I have a rear dashcam which he noticed, pretty sure he would still have fucked me if I didn't seem likely to fight it and win.

Drive it. There are plenty of m5s and the fact that you didnt get a ticket means that they dont have your plates.

no me but my son
>works for a vending company
>on the road at 4, out of their shop by 5 to get to the airport (his route) by 6
>driving in his company van on highway still dark
>lights right on his bumper
>been warned about bump and rob... minor traffic accident, you get out and you get robbed of vending machine cash and supplies
>speeds up a little
>light speed up with him
>he moves over
>lights move over
>he speeds up a little more
>lights and siren now on
>speeding ticket from state cop ensues

luckily the state police handle the airport and he explained what happened to one of the cops he knows over there and got the ticket cancelled

>cruising on freeway in my C5z
>doing 85 in a 65 area
>notice a suspicious car a few car lengths back
>get paranoid and start to slow down
>car makes his way behind me
>shiiieetttt.exe
>lights turn on
>pull over
>cop comes to my window
>takes my info
>after a few minutes he comes back
>he then spends the next 10 minutes talking to me about corvettes
>hands me my shit back
>tells me to slow down
>drives off
And that's how I avoided my first speeding ticket. Unfortunately about 5 months later I got a non corvette friendly cop who wrote me a ticket but it was on an indian reservation so it was like $50 and didn't go on my record.

Any cop that tries to give me a ticket after baiting me into speeding up by tailgating is getting shot in the face.

oh shit watch out everyone
we got a tough guy here

>I-it was legally justified self-defense against an attack on my property, your honor

post yfw the lethal injection hits

you're a special kind of retard

The judge isn't going to give a shit when he sees the 100mph, that's bank right there. I bet you ok isn't telling the truth, little shit was speeding and got caught.

>speed
>get in trouble for speeding

wtf i hate cops now

>speed like OP
>hit about 112 in a 65
>somehow manage to end up with only a 20 over ticket
>it was still $200.25

>pic is you

>Speed not as bad as op because not a retard
>160km on the 404, 100km/h
>Get pulled over
>Say the truth that you are going to pick up a friend and bring him to the hospital to see his dying mother
>cop decides to fuck around in his car for ten agonizing minutes
>Comes back out and gives me a ticket for 30km over, still a big ticket but not enough to lose my car like 60 over.
>Acts like he did me a huge favor and then tailgates me for damn near the rest of the highway portion of my drive so I'm limited to 100km/h
>Friends mother dies before we get there by like 10-15 minutes

Sure big boy

Extortion is a felony. State law allows for lethal force to stop a felony in progress.

i know that feel

>speed like a tard because i'm following this gril
>going 105-110 at one point
>get lit up by CHP
>testicles have sucked up into my body
>shut off car and pepper my angus
>get a ticket for doing 80 in a 65
>drive pretty much exactly the speed limit for the rest of the night

the fine sucked but damn i was lucky the cop was gentle
he was even a little bro tier
>asks me what the heck i'm doing
>tell him following the girl i like
>he asks you know what they say
>no whats that?
>he says pussy makes you stupid
>i chuckle and say yes sir it does

Aw shit dude. That doesnt look good.

BTW, you got popped 2 miles from my place. I was reading your ticket like holy shit that's just down the street.

>pussy makes you stupid
Wise man.

>American cops tailgate you and flash their lights to coerce you into speeding

And where exactly is the difference here to some Southern American or Eastern European shithole where they would just straight up invent a false charge to ask for a bribe?

>Driving to vacation cruiseship port
>Passing through major city on 4 lane highway
>Random exits and roads changes every 1/4 mile
>Speed limit has been 70mph for past 50 miles
>Anxiety of finding correct road makes me speed up unconsciously
>Cop IN FRONT of me lights up, I feel relieved
>He slows down and rides my ass
>Get cited for going 78 in a 60
>Driving home 2 weeks later, notice short 1/2 mile strip of highway that is 60mph
>This is where I was cited, legit highway robbery

taxes at work m8s

>be 16 year old me
>travelling in Panama with family
>dad is very sick, I have to drive
>speed limit 80 kph on 4 land divided highway
>driving slightly faster than traffic
>cops standing on the side of the road telling people to pull over
>points at me and tells me to pull over
>SHITSHITSHIT
>pull over
>cop is walking up to car
>dad jumps out of car into ditch, starts having diarrhea and throwing up
>cop is pretty confused, but asks for $200 cash
>tell him we need money to see a doctor, give him $100
>he's feeling nice that day and hands me back $40
I also got one in Nicaragua one year for passing in a no passing zone, cops were riding in pic related. Luckily none here in the US.

fuck I was actually 15 at the time, had my learner's permit

There's no such thing as a quota
> a RCMP officer

He could fight for leniency. He's not a criminal, he just made a mistake.

no youre supposed to slow down as much as possible

Are there bonuses if you consistantly bring in lots of money? You get your pic of the cruisers etc.

I can't imagine there isn't some incentive for ground units to bring in revenue from the guys in management positions.

>not just smashing your brakes and making him rear ending you
Just use an execuse of I thought I saw an animal in the road.

There very much is one in the US

Dude, the 101 by Camarillo Ventura is always ridden by speed traps. Why would you ever speed there? I'm not even local to there and I know that.

We dont have quotas here
>write as many tickets as you want
Police chief to his patrol men during a brief, friend of mine cop

Welcome to the rest of your motoring days, goyim.

Fuck the cops
jewishvirtuallibrary.org/joint-us-israel-police-and-law-enforcement-training

Not even for raping and murdering drunk native party girls in your cruiser and then dumping the bodies in the Red? Of course there's a quota for that, you Jew shill.

>Vacaville
mite b moving to Davis soon, how's the riding around there? Berryessa looks good, and of course there are the Sierras for longer rides.

(the other choice is central LA so the competition is stiff. but there are other factors besides riding.)

>tfw somehow still havent gotten a speeding ticket despite always driving at least 5 over.

gotta keep your eyes peeled for dem cops and not speed in place that will have obvious speed traps

Davis cops are the worst, be careful. Bicycle riders are cancerous and act like the rules don't apply.

>Drive nearly double the speed limit
>FUCKING DUMB AMERIFAT COPS

>you slow down and he pulls you over for impeding traffic
How about drive the fucking speed limit if a cop is behind you. Impeding traffic is doing something ridiculous like 35 in a 65

Nothing in Davis (it's just flat farmland), but you can head West towards Napa and there's tons of awesome roads everywhere all the way to the coast

>Break law
>Get in trouble
>Bitch about it
>Have no counterargument
>Is a /pol/tard
Why am I not surprised

this

noted, ty

you know, the concept of multiple axes of political alignment might be useful for you here

cool, sounds good. what about around Folsom Lake?

Did you contact him to make him feel horrible about it?

I do it all the time through there. The only time I was actually worried was when i saw the cop.

Not really anything in that area, you are better off going North of 80, there's cool roads around Downieville, or past Folsom to Auburn then South from 80 there are some really good roads as well like Mosquito Ridge

I know a lot of people talk corruption with the police in lesser countries, but I'd pay off an officer anyday for $100. Speeding tickets in New York are fucking ridiculous. I was caught doing 10mph over in a 55mph zone, and I was forced to pay $350. Fucking insane, fuck I hate this state.

OP you're probably the stupidest person I've ever seen on this board and that's honestly saying a lot.

I've been pulled over twice in the last three years, once for speeding and once for accelerating quickly to the speed limit. Generally speaking, I save my super hektik driving for 3AM on the backroads where the only danger is drunk Pinies and deer.

>62 in a 45, was just not paying attention and thinking about the oil change that I was about to do
>see cop, look at speedo
>watch cop whip it around in the rear view
>immediately pull over
>given a warning and told to keep it to like 14 over and it would be all good

>around 11PM, heading home from a volunteer event
>driving behind a coworker who is also into cars
>decide to shop off and VTEC it up to the speed limit
>however did not see the cruiser sitting in the gas station parking lot on the other side of the intersection
>follows for about a mile, probably running plates
>finally pulls me over
>given a lecture about being more cautious when crossing intersections
>mentions that he likes the way my car sounds, and then gets in his cruiser and drives off
>not even a written warning

>62 in a 45
>keep it to like 14 over

45+14=59
a difference of 3...

Got a 78 in a 50 (dindu nuffins, of course).

Hired a lawyer who will schedule court date approximately a year and a half from date of ticket.

Cop won't remember a fucking thing. How likely am I to win not guilty?

P.S. in my city there is no plea bargaining. You're either guilty or not.

are you all retarded or something. ive never had a moving violation in my life and I hoon regularly.
you must be a bunch of oblivious and unsafe fuckheads.

15 is reckless driving in some places

>there's cool roads around Downieville
oh yeah! I went there for a few days last year to ride the trails and I remember thinking the roads were good.

>select all images with roads

>Surrey RCMP confirmed RCMP officers have a quota.

NICE TRY.

MTB or moto? Mills Peak is rad for MTB too. Not sure if you can ride motos on that trail, you can on about half the Dville singletrack run

MTB. Had one of the stupidest slow-motion get-offs I ever had, but it was a good time regardless.

>dive 5 over limit
>assholes behind me start honking
What the fuck, it's like they want us all to get tickets.

What can I say man, New Jersey is weird. As long as you aren't being overly reckless or being a cunt about it, cops usually leave people alone.

That descent is one of the best in the USA and I've been everywhere good West of the Mississippi. You should definitely do Davis instead of LA if you want to ride mountain bikes and motorcycles. There's great riding in every direction about 2 hours away.

You got revenue-raised, lad. They do the same thing here to P-platers.

Bread on engine. I want to believe this happened.

Lmao just pulled a skid in front of the town's paddy wagon an hour ago. Too busy to go after me though

Accelerating quickly is a crime now? Did you spin your tires or something?

t. dirt road roadie

Thx, duly noted. Guess I better get me pic related.

>on the 101 near TO
>around midnight on a weekday, doing 120
>pass Chipper
>blow up engine at exactly that same time
>mfw cop feels bad for me and lets me call triple A and I get off
still set me back 2 g's tho

once in a lifetime

>asshole tailgates
>implying he wouldn't rear end you and speed off

The cops here don't give a shit if you speed, so that's something.

>High beaming faggot in rear
>Figure I could make some distance between us, already 55 in a 45
>He keeps up, keep on speeding
>Eventually get pulled over

It was for a burnt out tail light.

Cop didn't even give a shit that I was speeding.

>Get flat tire
>Put on spare wheel like a beast of a man
>Resume driving at 60mph in the 2nd most left lane because need to transfer freeways
>Motocop pulls me over
>Omghe'swhite.jpg
>"what's the problem"
>"I'm really sorry I was going slow, i just put on a spare tire
>He tells to use the slow lane because cops can cite me, and stay safe

Well that's my first time getting over, I'm such a law abiding pussy who plays it safe, I get pulled over for going too slow.

This is the closest I got.

Im at school in az atm so I cant get you a good pic until may

HOLY FUCK GUYS. I could've been sent to jail right now for reckless driving charges but I got pulled over by a good guy cop.

>be me
>about 2 hours ago
>flying down the 10 in the middle of fuck all nowhere Mojave
>I was going about 167
>See cop up ahead through on coming truck
>FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK
>slow the fuck down
>fly by him going 110
>Disco lights
>pantsofshit.jpeg
>pull over
>1 min passes by and cop finally pulls behind me
>"you know, if you kept running I would've called in APB. Do you know how fast you were going?"
>I wasn't paying attention to the odo
>Sir I clocked you going 134 and you were slowing down quick. What speed do you think you were going?"
>ohfuck, tell him I was paying attention to the road and I think I was going 150
>Alright Im gonna need your license and registration
>Think im going to jail
>He comes back
>"Here's the deal. Im in a good mood tonight"
>tells me I have a clean record blah blah blah
>I could place you under arrest right now but you chose the right time and place to do this
>gives me a lecture on speeding n shit
>says he knows the plight of open roads and no traffic
>he goes off on how him and his buddies did the same shit and he stopped doing it because he got a job as officer.
>HE LETS ME OFF WITH A FUCKING WARNING
>he leaves makes a u-turn and drives back to his hiding spot.

Holy shit. Wtf just happened.