Yo my dude

Yo my dude
should I buy a mk 2 volkswagen cabriolet as a first car/ i am a veryvery very very young guy

Thanks!

PS: do they make hard tops for this and how expensive is it

its old af so ur gonna have 2 fix shit from time 2 time if ur cool with that go for it

is it that unreliable? like this one is p mint my guy so i hopin i lucked out and itll be perf

like how much $$$ can it be for worst case shit? tell me i dont know exactly what im doin idiot

the fuck
no? are you dumb? the car is 30+ years old dude, youre a teenager or whatever and have no real source of income, the car will need every piece of the suspension replaced and the engine overhauled just to say you have anything resembling a reliable car.
get a NEWER one made in the last 20 years maybe and you have a SEMI-acceptable driver, that will still need money dumped into it.
MK1 and MK2 VW's are...collector cars now, as in you cant really buy one and expect it to be a reliable daily driver.

MK3's are trash. don't even look.

But why its not like its bad

you clearly have never worked on any vehicle...ever

i think you you thinking its worse then it is
describe what you think this shit looks like
if we played heads up hockey thats how id move across the ice

Fuck off

>VW
SCUM

no bully zone

Honestly, they aren't bad cars. All the people saying they are unusable as dailies are just used to lexuses or something. Yes they're old cars. You will have to learn how to maintain them, but at least in my opinion, as long as it has ac and heat, it's a good daily.

it seems really well maintained, I just want something thats decently dependable and isnt expensive/complicated if something shits out while also being totally rad

Bro E30 convertible

>2016
>German cars

What's wrong with them

gay

What

no you should buy a type III squareback

A what now

>mk3 are trash
uhh.... no.

Yiff in hell

You first

I had one, I loved it. They're not bad cars and can absolutely be a daily driver, but keep in mind that they're all around 30 or more years old, so things WILL break and need replacing. Having said that, parts are cheap and Haynes/Bentley manuals are your friend. It looks like the top has been replaced in the picture, so that's good. Is it manual r automatic? The 3 speed automatic, combined with the rag top and piss poor aerodynamics will make you deaf at highway speeds, but they're fun as hell for ripping around the city.

It's a manual transmission

How often did things break?

The only problem I ever had with mine was a hot start issue. Every once in a while the car wouldn't start after being driven for a while, until it cooled down a bit. I never did figure out what the cause of it was, but the wiring in the engine bay had been fucked with by the previous owner and poorly rerouted for some reason or another. But nothing ever broke on it, although I only had it for a few months before selling it for a Volvo 240 wagon. The rag top was original and cracking and I didn't want a non-watertight car going into winter.

So it's a bad car to learn manual in? A bad car for an inexperienced idiot with no tools ? A bad car to daily drive year round and make cross state trips? ( never snows, rains often)

How's the trunk space

Bad to lean manual in, no. But if you have no tools you're going to have a bad time. And forget about cross state trips if you value your hearing.

>Trunk space
LOL

Old car so like others have said it's gonna need maintenance. I've got a couple hard top GTI's and they've needed a fair bit of work after neglect from previous owners but I can say without a doubt it's worth it. Excellent little cars, especially around town and on back roads.

I won't say they're bad, but personally I think the only mk3 truly worth getting is a VR6 lol

i have golf mk2

there is always something broken, but he never stoped. i think that how you can describe them.
if you have enough pation and no money, then ye go for it