/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>met his match against players who weren't casuals:
>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILER): my.mixtape.moe/ldkpad.webm

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VMT-3l_ppqg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gay penis

Please don't remind me

>Beat Pontiff on the first try
>Took a dozen attempts to beat the Abyss Watchers
Do I have mental retardation?

Does that make you feel sad tho 'cause you said you never feel sad :')

>kill Orphan of Kos yesterday
>feel like a boss
>today
>die to fucking Memelash several times like a skreb

That magic attack that shoots everywhere is so annoying holy shit. It keeps oneshotting me, can I even stagger him out of it?

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

How is Dark Magic in dark souls 3 compared to dark souls 1 and 2? I'm testing it out and it seems like utter crap.

No, it's just disappointing

Soulsborne is one of those series where what bosses keep fucking up to aside from few bosses that are genuinely easy or hard varies wildly.

There's some minor elements of RNG involved in how much of an asshole some bosses decide to be at times. Plus a lot of stuff comes down to your build and weapon of choice or stuff like a boss moveset clicking with you much quicker than others.

Is the Lothric Knight Greatsword good? Those Lothric Knights are fierce that use them.

Makes me wonder if I should level Vitality to use it and be able to fast roll still. I usually just think Vitality is totally not worth it because it's pretty much just for fashion souls,

>pick up DS1 again because RtD died pretty quick
>get to lower burg
>those dogs

Holy shit, I forgot how bad the dogs in 1 were compared to every other souls game.

It's inbetween, given that you were retarded enough to ask about a type of spell casting that was nonexistent in DaS1 and broken in DaS2.

This is perfectly normal. Pontiff is either very ez or very hard. When you beat him, it'll be effortless because you got a good pattern and stayed ahead of his positioning.

And Abyss Watchers is really the same way. If you get a bad run of it in either phase you're pretty toast; that boss is relentless when it feels like it. Getting into the proper rhythm of both fights is more important than actually being good, and it's hard to reorient yourself if you got tilted off the rhythm.,

DS3/Bloodborne dogs might be worse because no poise.

It's good for paladin builds. That's pretty much it.

I never really had an issue with the dogs in 1. Even in Capra they usually are far less relentless than the ones in 3 or BB that ninja dash everywhere

People have different experiences with each boss depending on their play styles, mentality and of course, luck. Good example of this for me was the Fume knight in Dark Souls II, he's regarded as one of the hardest bosses in the series, but I thought he was fairly okay, whereas I died countless times to Elana.

Why doesn't Sully just feed everyone to Aldritch?

>nonexistent in DaS1
Are you retarded? Dark Magic was literally created in Dark Souls 1.

are you a quality build
do you have 600 gold pine resin

if so answer is yes
if no why are you playing knight refined souls

"Dark" magic in DaS1 was literally just a mix of Physical and Magic damage, and even then it took a DLC to make that happen. It didn't properly exist until DaS2.

Affinity and Great Deep Soul are good. Dark Edge can be viable if you're not shit. ALL the Dark Pyromancies are great but especially Black Flame.

Only good Dark Miracles are the Gnaw family.

Whats a good pure caster build for SotFS?

Yet it was stronger than the jokes that 2 and 3 dark magic is

Meanwhile Deacons of the Deep kills me more times on average than the Nameless King each playthrough

Ds2 dark magic was really strong during release

> the jokes that 2
Not really, Dark magic in 2 was extremely OP.
>Affinity and Great Deep Soul are good
Why I can't barely deal 300-400 dmg with those even at 50 int?

How come I always see videos like this of people backstabbing like its ds1? What am I doing wrong?

What is it about Deacons that gets you killed?

You aren't taking full advantage of the bad netcode with a shitty internet connection or lag switching.

Probably the curse.

Bosses that people should never ever die to:

Yet it can't even compare to 1's dark magic, so strong it's a speedrun strat

He probably uses weapons that don't affect a large area, such as rapiers for example. The Deacons become a joke once you use large weapons

>speedrun strat
>you need to play through more than half the game before they become available

That doesn't make it any less valid of a tool to pick up along the route to kill the remaining bosses even faster.

It's more impressive to beat someone that way.

Dark Bead and dark magic in general was extremely OP in Dark Souls 1 because the damage was very high in that game compared to the others. Yes, you can deal more than 6k with Dark Bead, but you can also deal 4k with pyromancies and even normal weapons in that game when using hyper mode, something that's literally impossible to achieve in either 2 or 3.

Also, the damage may be high, but it isn't even as close to be as versatile as the dark magic in Dark Souls 2.

He's not using a UGS to swing through 10-15 of them at a time.

>kill the remaining bosses faster
>literally the only one that's actually a challenge out of them is Seath
>and obtaining "dark" spells requires beating a mini-boss and then at least two more bosses
You really have to try harder, you're not nearly as entertaining as the poison-buffed Spotted Whip guy.

>Also, the damage may be high, but it isn't even as close to be as versatile as the dark magic in Dark Souls 2.

Not just the dark magic but a lot of the spells in ds2 were very versatile with lots of utility

I tend to find the Deacons to be far more chaotic than other bosses, so as a result it's easy to overcommit on aggression then either get surrounded by fat deacons, or hit by one fireball too many or by the giant dark magic ball that the Archdeacon can throw at you. And considering I tend to not level HP at all or just very little until my combat stats are properly in place, it just makes for the kind of fight where something can easily go wrong, which ends up being more dangerous to me than fights like the Nameless King that are heavily reliant on a single target with attack patterns you have ample time to recognize and deal with.

/dsg/ PC FC starting at High Wall. Pass dsg and signs on the rafters.

Who said anything about a challenge? The point was that in a speedrun it would be highly beneficial to obtain a tool that would allow you to run in and potentially one-shot a boss and save more time, even if that tool has to be picked up along the way.

Where are people usually around 110k SM? Is there any guideline anywhere on where people usually are for every SM category?

>Why I can't barely deal 300-400 dmg with those even at 50 int

I think the scaling is split between faith and int.

Also the damage of it was nerfed some iirc.

During release there were pictures of people dealing 2600 with afinity and magic buff spell from navlan

>tfw solo'd fume knight on my 8th try
>tfw now have a Dark Fume Sword +4 on my hexblade
Feels pretty good. My heart is still pounding.

Ds2 Warmth is my favorite spell in the series.

Maybe near huntsmans corpse or so or maybe sinners rise id guess

You don't seem to understand the purpose of a speedrun.

Why would someone go out of their way to fight more bosses and run through at least two or three more areas, in order to maybe save literal seconds against Seath and 4kings?

Archdeacon shoots a dark magic ball?
My fight never lasted that long I guess.

Early half of bastille, hunstmans copse, no-mans wharf, maybe heides tower of flame.

Generally 0-300k is early game tier, 300-600k is mid-game and 800k is drangleic castle and beyond. Over 1 million is stuff like DLC content.

>>literally the only one that's actually a challenge out of them is Seath
What. Not even him but Seath is the easiest of the bunch and speed run isn't about being hard, it's about being fast.
Well, yes and no. First because sorcery and pyromancy are shit in dark souls 2 compared to 1 and second because 80% of the spells in 2 are from 1, as opposed to Dark magic, which has so many new things introduced.

Dark Magic is the only really viable type of spell in 2.

Lingering flame is mine. Such a great tool for duels

Any % souls isn't very popular. All bosses runs are way more frequent

>shoot beams with Major League Great Sword while equipped with Bracing Knuckle Ring
>cast Repair to reload beams
>have OIK Crown equipped to restore casts of Repair

Yeah im abouy 300k and I'm in the harvest poison Valley but i also made a detour through shaded ruins into the well in brightstove cave for the staff of wisemen

>because 80% of the spells in 2 are from 1, as opposed to Dark magic, which has so many new things introduced

Theres a lot of spells in 2 that arent in 1 that can be used for zoning and creating and keeping space

>OIK Crown

Why didnt more people use this item? It was amazing.

I used this on my caster and healer characters. I hope they add something like it for ds3

Great Deep Souls is exceedingly spammable and Affinity is the best tracking soulmass move

Would a Demon's Souls/Dark Souls 1 remastered bundle work on PS4?

Got some signs so last reminder, High Wall FC going on still.

>Affinity is the best tracking soulmass move
I know, but this damage is depressing me so much.

I died much more to havel, the hollows before the gargoyles (impropper speedrunning technique) or gaping dragon than i ever did to O+S

It's used to harass the enemy while you go in with a dark-infused weapon.

The games have not aged well, so no. I, for one, don't care how fancy it looks, I do not want to see Lost Izalith or Crystal Cave in HD.

Dunnel marrying Priscilla is a horse shit meme because people in these threads make everything up and everyone else swallows it.

In the first place, the original Japanese doesn't even use "spouse" "wife" "lover" or anything with romantic or marital context. It translates to "companion" or "partner". Both the Japanese and English are gender neutral. The only "evidence" is that they stuck his literally who phantom ass in an out of the way easter egg area because then didn't have anywhere else.

In the first place, people only come to the Painted World after they have experienced great loss and lost their purpose in life. Pontiff is the only exception since he was born there, and so then he promptly left because it wasn't his style. Dunnel's buddy would have had to have died first before he showed up.

The workload involved in such a thing would be pretty massive, waste of time compared to making a new IP or some type of sequel.

>.gif
>not having the dialup sounds

What's even the point?

>best tracking
Maybe but it doesn't matter if you can slow walk out of the way of it. The only time I've ever hit anyone with it is when I'm hyper mode trolling with it.
The damage is okay. Use the sage staff buff, cast it with the izalith staff, and there you go.

youtube.com/watch?v=VMT-3l_ppqg

>When it's been an hour and you're still 6/30 concords

>Not aged well
Fuck off, they are the best Souls games.
>muh Lost Izalith
Yeah, let me just nitpick one area that isn't even that bad. Lost Izalith is just a corridor full of enemies, which is basically what 90% of Dark Souls 2 is.

Is anything below 30 Faith worth investing in? I like a lot of the spells, but I have 1 attunement slot. I love having heals, but that sounds like a waste to just use Faith to cast a couple long healing spells.

Use the rings that give you slots.

try again in the next thread

Back in the SOTFS days, some guy always used to post his Whammu cosplay. Does anyone try emulating Jojo characters anymore or is it more or less impossible?

Fug, I just want to play the games without buying a PS3

FORCE

Got a gank chasing you down with fucking washing poles? Find a ledge, use force.

t. triggered fanboi

Those two games were complete trash.

There was this one video where a guy cosplayed Joseph. Apart from that, I've never seen another jojo.
PS: Kars with Follower Sabre and NK's crown?

Yeah, the Souls series is just trash, why we are even here anyway?

DS>Demon's Souls>DS3>DS2

Dark Souls>Dark Souls III=Demon's Souls>Dark Souls II

People who bitch about Lost Izalith without having even played 1.0 Dark Souls makes me want to slap their shit.

Overall though the area isn't even terrible. It's just the godawful bloom and the shitty final boss.

>Putting Dark Souls 3 on the same level as 2
Low move.

You realize it's the same couple of guys every couple of threads who keep doing this shit for fun right? Nobody has actually suddenly "seen the light" and realized 2 was retroactively a genius game.

Both of them are bamco cashgrabs that shouldn't really exist, one of them just has a shinier coat of paint.

It's just observational. Most of /dsg/ started with DS1 and therefore puts it on a pedestal. People will even defend stuff like that shitty forced death against Seath.

Back when DS1 came out people called it an unfinished mess and said it could never compare with DeS, go figure.

>head to Demon Ruins to grab Quellana Tome and Estus Shard
>get past the first few enemies
>"Invaded by Dark Spirit Umbral Adam!"
>no fucks given; continue on to second bonfire and light it
>take the long path to nab the Estus Shard
>pop out on the upper balconies
>hear the sound of a sorcery being cast
>five seconds later, a white ghost appears around the corner
>mfw
>manage three R1s before he realizes his ruse has failed
>several minutes of spergfighting ensue
>we wear each others' estus out
>get him down to a tenth of health
>he flees behind a poison-spitting Ghru and is lost in the mist
>no fucks given once again; continue on and get Tome
>he's still hiding somewhere
>can't use bonfire, can't use bone
>remember I haven't beaten Old Demon King yet
>run all the way to the boss, cross the fog gate
>"Dark Spirit Umbral Adam has returned home"
>mfw
>bone back to Shrine, laugh with Andre about it over a marathon estus chug

Anyone on ps4 softs have a bloodied whip they'd be willing to hand off? Farming for this is a nightmare. I just want my belmont run.

I've got one sure. Soul memory?

add me my psn is EmoDragonZ

Dark Souls 3 is at as good as Dark Souls and Demon's in terms of level design and bosses. The only bad thing about that game is the pandering to Dark Souls 1 and linearity.
>Back when DS1 came out people called it an unfinished mess and said it could never compare with DeS, go figure.
People say this even today, thing is that now and even when it came out many people recognized as being better than Demon's in most aspects. The only thing that Demon's has above Dark Souls is consistency and pacing. And really, people blow the second half of DKS1 WAY out of proportion, it isn't even close as being as bad as retards make out to be, just /v/ exaggerating as usual

My sm is 315k if you're not just fucking with me completely.

Z E L D A C Y C L E
E
L
D
A

C
Y
C
L
E

nah add me mines 600k I think we'll be ok with engraved ring