[ D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

[ D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

YammieNoob crashed again and somehow survived again edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Webms

/dbt/ map:
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator:
>cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:
>16832611

webums with sounds:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

revzilla.com/motorcycle/koso-apollo-heated-grips
sys.Veeky
youtube.com/watch?v=seS2lp7WFbU
streamable.com/hvu71
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

furrrrst for suzooker a best

>MAVWINSLOL

Gs500 a shit cuckboi

Yes, and? It's hardly the only Suzuki motorcycle, nor the leading edge.

nigger how the fuck do you survive that? yammienoob didnt post shit and i havent heard anything from any other faggot vloggers, how do you know its yammie?

Anybody had any experience with these heated grips?

Wanna know if they'll shit out on me if they get caught in the rain or something.

revzilla.com/motorcycle/koso-apollo-heated-grips

Honestly had it coming, how someone can have so little skill but so much confidence amazes me.

Not to mention buying a bike that he provably is not good enough to use, twice.

Haven't you guys learned how to link the new thread in the old one?

YammieNoob uploaded a picture of his bike on Instagram a few days ago which showed the aftermarket axle sliders he bought. The bike in the crash (which was also a 675R) had the exact same sliders. It's a miracle he survived. I think what happened was by some bizarre strike of luck the energy dissipated in a way which ejected him directly off his bike and straight up, avoiding any head-on contact with the car itself

he gon get sued to oblivion tho

i imagine he must be in a fucking comma or something because he hast posted anything yet

its beyond me how he survived that

you should buy oxford heated grips they are easily the best

what a stupid faggot, ruined some poor dude's cayman.

If this was prison i would make you my buttboi fagget

>implying he has any assets

I think he was walking a pretty tight rope considering he had to finance this second Daytona. I am more amazed by how badly the car was damaged. Usually these accidents don't result in more than a small dent for the cars.

has anyone taken a MOTC course for ticket dismissal before? is there online courses? i cant seem to find any online

>come out of medically induced coma
>porsche owner immediately fucks your wallet in the ass
he deserves it to be honest family

Why are they the best? Is there something they do thats better, because i really like that integrated controller on the koso apollo.

Wtf are you talking about cocklover user?

why would anyone sue? if he made a mistake his insurance should just cover it?

he probably lost control or something to get head on to that porsche

buy a video game console if you want a controller.
> americans
> have to have EVERYTHING heated

>if he made a mistake
He was in the wrong lane because he's a fucking retard

>chasing other motorcycle riders at full pace
>very obviously over the speed limit
>porsche owner
>all on camera
im pretty sure hes fucked

he needs to SLOW THE FUCK DOWN.

You want the koso? Just fucking buy and stop complaining that you cant offord them like a little bitch

>he probably lost control or something to get head on to that porsche

He was on the wrong fucking lane, at high speed in a corner.

That porsche owner owns him now.

He was riding in the wrong lane, and considering what a bellend he is, it was almost certainly intentional.

source on the webm?

Pretty sure its summer in murica. Why would they need heated grips?

Go vote for specific location and time!

sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fforms%2Fd%2Fe%2F1FAIpQLSd1biZGODl18KbDGvBY1GfL7Pfjc4YYUo1_IQIG6TjwIlGW-w%2Fviewform%3Fusp%3Dsf_link

I dunno, but I think that if the porsche driver had gotten injured, he sure could straight sue him.

Maybe he did it to anhero but failed

wait, yammie crashed again?

apparently ye

what's a fucking godly bike that's simplistic as fuck and easy to maintain, and preferrably attainable secondhand in the balkans? i'm considering doing a slavs' reinterpretation of the white room roadtrip but i need a robust bike that can handle our roads or lack of thereof, if possible within the 1k$ range secondhand.

>1k

Good luck with that m8

KLR650

GS500 ali pa KLR650 vzami. Samo bo zjebano do kraja

from what I understand, it's nearly always better to go over the car

and he sure went over the car

japanska masina od 500 kubika

i found a few gs500s in the 1-2k range, they seem like really nice bikes and i'm almost afraid of owning one, what do you think about jawa 350s and similar soviet bikes because apparently theyre retard-proof

bryina
youtube.com/watch?v=seS2lp7WFbU

Jawica komot. Samo nevem kak bi blo z deli.
Pa toti majo avtomatske menjalnike. Zakon reč.

How much of a bother (and cost) would it be to replace the gauge cluster on an FZ6?
You can get a decent ~2004-6 FZ6 for a good 800-1k € less than you can an S2 but the fuckugly, barely usable tach is a major turnoff and all the aftermarket kits seem like ghetto ricer shit.

Is there any point in buying currently seemingly undervalued bikes in hopes of apprecation?

Only if you know what goes up in price and are able to keep it in mint condition

Sure, in 50 years they'll be worth a lot more.

Bring it to some electrician. A proper one. Otherwise, you could hunt for one on ebay or get one from a wrecked bike.

Buying from dealerships WILL get expensive as fuck

he was on the wrong lane and totaled the owners porsch

he's fucked, soon he will wish that he died in that crash

Is there a basic set of stuff you guys always carry on the bike? Like tools or extra layers or something? If so, where do you put it? Especially in regards to theft?

Yeah, I've been checking local ebay equivalent for stuff salvaged from wrecks but gauge clusters are probably the first thing that goes.
And aftermarket kits seem to mostly be thinly veiled chinkshit that I'm afraid will do link related to me
streamable.com/hvu71

why the fuck do these guys selling their 1984 hondas sell it at a slightly used 2011 ninja 300 price ($3000)

also the fucking guy selling a 96 bike for 1900 saying its a good project bike but says it doesn't currently run and doesn't know why

why does dbt push the used bike meme so hard. i would much rather get scammed off a dealer and be gaurenteed to ride as soon as i put gas in it and get gaurenteed legal paperwork

I have my factory tool kit under my pillion seat, a towel, disclock, trash bag and some spare oil in my top case.

On longer rides also a bottle of water and depending on the weather rain liner and winter gloves.

Because Honda a best

A knife and 100bucks. Just in case something goes wrong

>why does dbt push the used bike meme
Because you get get more fast for your buck when you buy used and dbt is all about the e-peter.

tire pressure gauge, usb charger, small amount of tools to do basic stuff, extra fuses, disclock, and on a long trip a set of brake and clutch levers.

Because they don't make my bike any more and €20k+ for the new one is a bit much.

>1984 honda
Probably because cuckfe racer hipster buttbois

>Knife
>Toolkit
>Lighter
>Bungie net
>Used to have a 1st aid kit but i used it
>flashlight
Also spare fuses can save your life.

welcome to craigslist, enjoy your stay

there are still bargains if you know where to look but everybody seems to think their 35yo drum brake 350 is worth $3k because hurr muh collectible aka my dad rode when he was younger and when I showed him Craigslist he'd lose his shit over about 1 in every 5 listings.
>jesus christ! I rode this thing when it was new and it sucked! it sure as shit wasn't worth $3k back then let alone with 15000 miles and twenty years of sitting under a tarp on it!

>dad keeps telling me I shouldn't buy a liter peter because they're too expensive
Should I listen to him or not

Well, after considering your whole financial situation, riding experience and bike preference, I'd say just ignore him and buy one.

>Getting cucked by your dad

Not like you could afford one living on your parents basement

If you're still young enough for your dad to tell you what to ride, you're probably too young to responsibly ride a 1000cc sportbike.

Those rent savings though.

Your parents are the only people you can trust in this world to not be actively trying to harm you.
So account for the chance he's just being retarded when weighing his input and make your own decision.

Just got my pig running again yesterday. Had to remove the carb and clean it out, it was a long time coming. Main jet was probably 70% clogged. Running great now.

On that note, anyone have any suggestions for a container for spare fuel that I can put in a backpack? I'd like something completely sealed that holds 1-2 liters of spare fuel. Where I live now, it's a pretty long run to get anywhere truly remote, and the factory tank is on the small side.

Never leave home without it.

He's telling you that because he doesn't want you to kill yourself in the first corner you decide to take after pulling the throttle. I'd say listen to him and get something between a 600 and a low tuned liter, but your choice.

The porsche owner won't necessarily sue yammie. This accident is exactly what insurance is for, stupidity. As long as Yammie has liability insurance (the most basic type of insurance) the porsche owner is fine. Depending on Yammie's state minimum liability limit and what package he has, he should be fine. Unless his state minimum is something like 20/40/10 which would be 20,000 per person in accident, 40,000 total for accident, and 10,000 for property damage, in which case Yammie is completely fucked :^)

He doesn't know anything about bikes other than "those racers are dangerous" so that's probably his real intention. They are really more expensive though, especially registration and insurance. I'm not sure if they're worth the money but I don't think I'll know until I live with one for a while.

>10mm & 12mm wrenches.
>A good adjustable wrench.
>Pliers.
>5mm hex key.
>Phillips & flat screwdrivers.
>A roll of stiff wire.
>A few zip ties.
>A small roll of electrical tape.
>All rolled and and tied into a rag.

For a different bike, you might need different size wrenches or a socket or something. Jap enduros are simple as fuck fortunately.

There's a little cargo bag on the back seat of my bike that has a locking cable you can loop through the helmet lock. I also keep the registration, insurance, and a copy of the owners manual in a waterproof bag in there.

There's a space inside the battery compartment for spare fuses and I always make sure there are spares.

I rode my XR650L 5000 miles over 5 months, all over the Western US. Camping and taking back roads / no roads whenever I could. Nothing broke on the bike the whole time, but having the stuff handy was still useful. Allowed oil changes in parking lots when stopping through towns and things.

Confirmed.

You work in the industry too user? I'm licensed in all lines.

My state has 15/30/10 mins, and most people with motorcycles have that. I totaled a brand new 4 door Cadillac on a 200cc bike when I was 17, and didn't break a bone. Boy she was upset when she found out she wasn't getting shit out of me.

why does /dbt/ dislike honda?

Memes. Honda is literally a best

memes and they a shit

he never complained about the price. are you autistic my guy?

A topbox with a dry-bag inside it, inside that there's a small amount of cash, spare pair of underpants, one of those travel towels that fold up really small, wet weather overpants, wet wipes, flashlight, spare pairs of earplugs.

A better than Suzuki.

Not the oldschool ones

Though this one is particularly temperamental...

Then again I rebuilt it without ever having done a lot of engine work myself so you can't knock it for being easy to work on when it does need it

memes. they make bikes just as good as any of the other japanese manufacturers.

gixxers are the sport bikes with the large amount of cargo space right? iirc theres a picture of a guy fitting a milk jug into a gixxer 1000...

Suzuki GS 1000 L 1980 as a beginner bike?

Yes, it's where the saying comes from
>no liter no peter
which basically means if you can't fit a 1 liter carton of milk in your bike, it is a shit.

>why would anyone sue?

Reckless endangerment comes to mind. Trackshit is for tracks, and tracks can use the participation.

>basic toolset that comes with bike
>GPS tracker installed under battery
>colt mustang or p239

>1000
>beginner bike?

We're approaching levels of final destination that shouldn't be possible.

Also if you survive three attempts by death, do you get to bring someone back to life?

Go with a two cylinder ~500ccs

whats the battery life on those trackers, and what price range are we looking at?

That exhaust is why god doesn't talk to us anymore

Yeah, he landed somewhere 15-100 meters behind the car definitely.

last about a year and around $60

You want a 650cc+ single cylinder as your first bike user.

Trust me, the torque wont kill you.

i think im just gonna settle with a xl185s as my first bike, idk this ad looks safe to me and its literally all the money i have in my bank account anyway. what do you think deebeetee?

i feel almost sure if this guy gets back to me i will buy it because it looks clean and has almost no kms, what can i do to get it for cheaper?

Its some kind of oportunity, too good to let it pass but will search for something less agresive, i was seeing some comments that those old bikes 1000l are todays 500-600 so i was wondering.

How big are you? thats like a small dirtbike and the knobbies wont do well on the road. Does it even have signals? you'll outgrow it fast

Haggle him down. Where I live prices and pretty inflated and I can get an xt600 for a couple of hundred more than that