Sup Veeky Forums

Sup Veeky Forums

I'm looking for opinions on what I should work towards getting next on my car. It's a 2010 Mustang GT. Here's a list of what I currently have done to it

Bbk shorty headers
Bbk x-pipe
Borla Atak axelback exhaust
Airaid CAI with tune
Bmr strut tower brace
Bmr lower sprigs
Bmr front and rear sway bars
Bmr upper and lower rear control arms with relocation brackets
Bmr panhard rod with support
Bmr weld-on subframe connectors
Sumitomo tires less than a year old

I'm honestly not sure what I'd like to do next. I thought about possibly a driveshaft but I'd like to get other opinions.

Also I should add that this is my DD. Due to my commute I decided. It to do my camshafts

Manual tranny swap

Not to*. Stupid autocorrect on my phone.

It's already a manual lol.

If your happy with how it performs at this point I'd look into different wheels if you don't like the stock ones, small aesthetic mods like that. Or is this still the 4.6? How many valves/cylinder are your heads?

>tfw you just found out they ESD the top speed to 113 mph for the V6 and it's because of the cheaper drive shaft
fml. Jelly of your ride, m8.

Not OP but since it's an s197 its prob the 3v 4.6.

Those had the 5.0

2010 did not have the 5.0.

2010 is probably the most-cucked year. New facelift bodystyle but same lame 4.6

better brakes

stock brakes on the stangs' are shit

>Borla Atak axelback exhaust
Those atak exhausts are loud as fuck. My dad had one on his c5 and could wake the entire neighborhood at night. I assume the mustang version is just as loud?

5.0 started in 2011. 2010 got a face lift but like he said
Still had shitty ass 4.6.

>modding your car
should've just saved for a nicer one dumbass.

>leaving your car stock
Spotted the jealous nu male who's never lifted a wrench in his life

4.10 gears. I got them in my 13 5.0 and it fucking launches something fierce.

4.10s are gonna be a bit loud on the highway. What I realized OP doesn't have is a short shifter. Fantastic addition to any car.

I had forgotten the 2010s don't have the 6 speed transmission. Short shifter is the way to go.

Posting from experience here, I'd do gears or cams.

I got 4.10s with a t45 in my GT and it really sucks for mileage. But it has a .67 5th. Your Tremec t-3650 has a .62 5th (significantly longer for an OD gear). I know the earlier ones, like 2005 3Vs got 3.55s stock, but didnt they get 3.31s afterwards?

What I'm saying is, if you can afford a drop or 2 of MPG, and don't drive too much over 55, 3.73s would be nice. Your sumis are probably gonna need to be on 9's or 10s (instead of factory 8 inch wide wheels) to hook good with 3:73 or 4.10.

Ring and pinion gears are pretty cheap imo, plus its a good time to do all rear end bearings if you're well over 100k. Also a Diff brace if you're gonna get 4.10s and launch like a madman. And its a good time to go aluminum driveshaft, I know im afraid to wind 5th now because i dont want it to come slinging through the floor and RIP me (known driveshaft imbalance)

Next, I'd get cams and raise your rev limiter to ~6500. Why? Because your heads flow like a DOHC, at least on the intake side, but you only have to buy 2 cams instead of 4. (Main reason why i havent cammed my kb cobra, it costs 1200 for 4 cams). And props on your mod choices, you should be dynoing 300 or more rwhp?

If you road race, some 13 or 14 inch rotors and brembo pistons will really help with feel and take a hell of a lot longer to warp. I know the last time I raced a 05 gt, I pushed it to understeer and oversteer on sticky tires. Had no complaints other than it took like 20 seconds to feel the rotors warping because I was racing on a VERY curvy road.

I noticed you havent done shocks as well. Most people think springs are going to give them that race car handling feel, but imho you want shocks. I recommend Bilstein monotubes for good longevity, or even QA1s. They cost 110 a piece, but have a ton of different valving settings for compression and rebound. Also get the kind that come ready for coilovers if you choose to go that route later.

At that point, you should consider selling it and getting a faster car instead.

It's definitely a noisemaker. Very satisfied with it.

Short shifter, buy a MGW and nothing else.

Shocks, they're a night and day difference in handling and ride quality.

Bilsteins are great all around, Koni Yellows are also good if you're looking for some adjustability

Im trying to avoid cams because of the large drop in mpg that'll bring. If I had another vehicle that I drove daily (giving my civic to my brother as a grad gift) then I would consider it.

I should've mentioned that I went to drilled/slotted rotors and new pads.

I already have the cars that I want. So now I focus on making those better

Yeah that does nothing for your stopping power...you need larger rotors and calipers, but you should get aftermarket wheels first.

I'm actually liking that idea a lot.

cams, aluminum driveshaft, wider wheels

Coyote swap is the only proper answer.
Preferably with GT350 heads.

some GT350 wheels
or at leas the performance pack wheels

T O R Q U E D I P
O
R
Q
U
E

D
I
P

Not doing an engine swap........

Nice car user

I'm about to buy a 2009 gt 45th anniversary Thursday. This old guy has made a ton of mods to it

Nice. What's been done to it?

kenne bell supercharger

*tests conducted with 101 octane fuel

lmfaoo give me some 93 numbers

new cylinder heads and crank

ECU for sure, and start looking into lightweight body parts like a carbon fiber hood, fiberglass fenders, one company a while back was also producing doors.. (just don't get hit or wreck kek)

Where would I look to find stuff like that? I've bought everything from American Muscle and they don't have that type of stuff. Also wrecking would be a real concern from then on, any idea how much of a difference it would make. No one plans on getting in an accident but it's always good to be prepared.

Get rid of those shite tires.

I've got the Flowmaster Outlaws on mine and people tell me all the time my car is "too loud".
I love it.