A question on law

Why is rape illegal?

It's perfectly natural.

It harms the victim with nothing but malicious intent or consequence.

>Why is rape illegal?
present evidence and discuss facts don't leap to such an edgy conclusion

back to /b/ edgefag

So is murder, idiot.

A society cannot be stable when there is random violence like that.

Because nature doesn't necessarily care about our well-being. We, as animals, are built to reproduce and ensure the survival of the species, and happiness is not necessary for that
However, people built societies in order to improve their living conditions, but that comes with a price: we have to give up all the (fully natural) instincts which would unjustly (according to people's morals) damage the others.

Why don't you get raped and find out?

This is why Veeky Forums is declining.

Instead of bringing a rational argument to the table you call his question edgy.

Also, I agree with these.

Appealing to nature is one of the worst fallacies you can use.

I can smell the roast beef from here.

Entertain the question instead of throwing a hissy-fit. You're on Veeky Forums for Christ's sake. This sort of discourse should be expected.

>Instead of bringing a rational argument to the table you call his question edgy.

Not either of those anons but it is obviously edgy and half of it is an unsupported claim.

If you look real carefully I think you'll find they did answer the question.

Naturalistic fallacy. Now fuck off, retard.

No, Veeky Forums discourse is supposed to actually have some substance. If the OP is nine words, that's not substance, and therefore should not expect a rebuttal of substance.

>Entertain the question instead of throwing a hissy-fit. You're on Veeky Forums for Christ's sake. This sort of discourse should be expected.

>you should know before going in
>guys no this is serious
>Veeky Forums isn't for the faint of heart
>there's, like, world war two gore photos
>I think someone posted a boob once

2 fuckin raw 4 me 2 handle

Is it not in our nature to repopulate by any means?

Has rape not been around since the dawn of man?

This site is basically famous because paedophiles used to embed .zip's of CP in their images. Of course a redditor wouldn't know that any would assume Veeky Forums is sunshine and rainbows like reddit.com

Questioning why a natural act is illegal is pretty substantive, user. Just because it triggers your sensibilities doesn't mean there's no discussion there.

>This site is basically famous because
>[doesn't mention Anonymous or Scientology]

turn yourself 180 degrees around and moonwalk on out of here

>it's perfectly natural
appealing to nature is fallacious
humans didn't become sapient so they could act like a common baboon and be aware of it

>Entertain the question instead of throwing a hissy-fit.
What is there to discuss? OP just burst into Veeky Forums and said "dude, rape is ok lmao".

That is why I asked for facts. You are throwing a hissy fit instead of explaining how you reached that conclusion.

Go get raped. Straight raw dawg sodomy. Tell me how you feel mentally and physically afterward and then ask yourself the same question.

Better for you?

>Why is murder illegal?

>It's perfectly natural.

because it hurts people and disrupts the functioning of the community

but thats all irrelevant tho, since OP is a faggot

and i dont mean the kind of faggot that takes dick and sucks it, even tho im sure OP has experience with that, i mean the retarded kind of faggot that starts bad bait threads with retarded questions that only a shut in autist would think of

>be wealthy Summerian in a world where rape is legal
>man rapes your daughter
>can no longer marry her off for political benefit
>have to support her for the end of time

>names things that came after Veeky Forums became (in)famous
Learn about this site

>dude, rape is ok lmao
>why is rape illegal?
Those are two very different statements

it´s not natural but it was made illegal because it was a crime against property

So it's illegal because of muh feels? Because the guy doing the raping probably feels a lot better now. Why do my feelings take precedence over his?

No it isn't, that's the very point of laws.

The thief and the murderer also enjoy their acts, what's your point? Laws are instituted to place the welfare of society over individual hedonism.

Animals don't murder you mongolian. Murder has legal implications that only apply to humans.

this Women are property, if you go around damaging other men's property you are a threat to the system and it will come down on you like a pile of bricks.

If you want to rape buy your own or pay for it, waste of money though.

It is better to have sex with other men. Either your protege or a loyal companion. That way after seeding his boypucci you can discuss politics, war and tomorrow's business as you drift into sleep in each others' arms

Rape is also legally defined. Statutory rape is a good example.

>feelings

No try anus and immune system

you are wrong

in cultures where females are seen as property rape is considered the womans fault and in case of malr to male rape the 'victim' is ostracized if he dosent fight back violently

see if someone uses whats yours without asking its a crime against you, ore your family, but not against her, at worst its her responsibility to keep quiet so as not to digrace herself, but if you find out you just have a score to settle

only in cultures where the female is given equal status as a male does rape become a actual crime of one legal subject against another

othervise its basicaly down to property wrights

Animals rape all the time. Ducks are such notorious rapists the females vagina evolved into a fucking corkscrew shape

>muh sore anus
>muh poor immune system
Seems like feels to me

>It's perfectly natural.

Because animals do it?
So are killing, incest, theft...etc then
Something being natural aint a reason to allow it, that's the very concept of society

That's only rape in a non-formal sense. Just like a chimp killing another chimp is only murder in a non-formal sense. Nobody considers dog-breeding to be propagating rape.

Where do all these triggered redditors come from?

Either debate rationally or fuck off

This isn't a website where you can hide anything which upsets you

>murder in the non-formal sense
Chimps do murder to be fair. Genocide too. Rape like crazy aswell. Our closest relatives.

Feels are in your head
Your anus isn't in your head.

Pain is in your head

"life" is in your head

but that is insignificant since were talking about humans living in cultures with legal systems and customs

like, shiting is natural and all anymals shit, but if a human was to deliberately shit in the wrong place, other humans might well either put him in some institution for a various period, or put a baseball trough his head, whichever comes first in the situation

so certain things that just by default come natural arent necesarily seen as ok by humans in the group, who then react trough sanction and violence, and for fucking good reason

now this isnt because we are above that ''natural'' shit, its because were animals, organisms, thats how organisms behave in groups, so is rape, thats the whole problematic

STDs and anus infection aren't

>or put a baseball trough his head

wtf?!?!

And the point of laws is to harmonize larger society. Their very purpose is to regulate natural behavior, because we didn't evolve to our current state in the environment we now function in. Our evolution outside of civilization dramatically dwarfs our evolution within it. So in order for civilization to function, man has to be reforged into what is practically a new species, but one created socially instead of genetically.

Rape is theft.

Appeal to nature fallacy

>but user the 'gay is in nature' argument was used for gay marriage!
Yeah and it was still fallacious then

It's illegal because it's a form of assault

>It's perfectly natural.

It isn't; it goes against the natural law.

It clearly doesn't, or else it would be impossible.

I wouldn't be so sure about that

All laws are against things that are possible. If something were impossible, there is no need for a law against it.

>Why is something perfectly natural illegal?

He asked a question.

Refute his point that it's perfectly natural, explain why societies can't allow rape, do something besides just calling him edgy.

How do I report threads?

Society generally takes unconsented harm to be immoral. Rape causes unconsented harm.

>put gun to head
>pull trigger
Simple and easy.

Sure.

Right after I'll do that, I'll load the empty barrel with bullets and then put it your head, fucker.

You think you're funny? You think life is a joke where you can mock the act of suicide?

I'll show you a hell you could never imagine.

Don't joke about people dying.

This thread is exemplary of problems with Veeky Forums and why this board needs to be reformed to be of use:

Absolutely stupidly formulated, short OPs with questions that don't even make clear whether it's a descriptive or normative question,
a large portion of the posts come from obvious crossboarders that only come here to ask those retarded one-liners (see: Veeky Forums) and don't even recognize a naturalistic fallacy when it's explicitly stated,
not a single citation.

Fuck this, man.

>I'll do
I do*

Because women couldn't function in society except in terror if men could rape them. How could they do anything?

So this what they call reddit-posting

Thats a good question op. Im going to guess it is because half our population doesnt want to be forced to have sex with diseased losers all the time.

This presupposes women successful function in society

Not really. People are social creatures, rape destroys social bonds. It's an act against the end we're directed towards.

Its what they call copypasta cheesedick. At least lurk until you are done with puberty.

>triggered
Reddit is down the hall and to the left

That's because they do. Women make up a significant portion of the workforce.

This is Veeky Forums, don't assume.