Dude buy our jap crap ricer garbage thats slower than a minivan lmao

>dude buy our jap crap ricer garbage thats slower than a minivan lmao

What the fuck were Shitbota thinking?

Entry level sports cars that young people can buy, upgrade and have tons of fun with. Whether it be on an open road or track.

You should stop shitposting and go out for a drive in your car (if you have one)

Oh look, it's this original thread
>STOP HATING BUSRIDER CHECK OUT MUH SICK MAWDZ
Oh look, it's this original post

They trolled you so hard lel

>no dsg
>no flat 6
>shit interior
>shit tires

people fall for the same meme known as the ae86

That's a nice color

There a thing I don't fucking understand.

This piece of shit car, that I absolutely want to buy USED because buying it new is stupidly expensive, is out since 5 years and I can't find a decent one under 20.000€ in Europe.

The ones under that sum have a fuckload of kilometers > 100.000 and/or has been riced.

>dude just buy our car and dump 1000's into mods that will make it unreliable lmao
When will GT86 cucks realise they bought into the biggest false economy of all time?

>5 years old
>Still beat the Camaro v6, focus RS, and BMW M2 in a recent comparison

I thought it was shit guys???

except you forget that its extremely cheap and lightweight, and is also a rwd manual built on a good chassis

find me a modern car that fits the bill for a real car enthusiast than this one

Why is this car so expensive and hold its value so good?

Everyone shitposts about it because no power and torque, slower than a diesel golf and shit.

Why???

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Stop being poor, dumbass

Yeah what a shit car. You can buy a non prefarted one, prefart it COMPREHENSIVELY then sell it on for almost the same as what you paid.
Everyone is dumb except you.

>its extremely cheap
it would be cheap if you were getting an m2, but you're not. You're getting a miata

No stop being an idiot.

This car before the restyling costed 26.000€ discount included and the used ones, from 2012, were sold for 22.000€.

What's the fucking point in buying used then?

I want an used one because this is the kind of car that I want to own for a bunch of years and resell for a better one, and I don't want to lose a ton of money buying the car new.

You pay 26.000€ but if you sell the car to a car saloon they'll offer you a ridiculously low amount of money, well under 18.000€ for your used GT-86...so again, why in the name of fuck are these car being sold at these high prices when used?

you don't have a car.

>complaining about market values
why does a 911R double in value in a year
why does a 60 year old ferrari that's slower than a minivan cost more than a mansion?
go be a whiny bitch some place else

>why in the name of fuck are these car being sold at these high prices when used?
>this is the kind of car i want to own and resell
>why does it have such good resale value
are you a troll or just fucking stupid?
buy a new one, you obviously wont lose a bunch of money when you sell it if the market value on used models is so high

How did you know?

because you're on Veeky Forums

Where do you live?

I live in Europe and I can assure you that on websites like autoscout you can find the same car on sale for 1-2 years before it would be bought.

This is another episode of America = the world, isn't it?

I'm upset because this car is a total flop in Europe and it doesn't make sense this shit, why in the hell one would consider buying the car used when adding 4000€ would get him a NEW car.

New = MY 2017 , instead of a MY2013

It's a huge difference.

>pic related

because it's a lit car pham

But it's not as good as a $90K Boxster so it's shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!!1nigge

Huh, looks like the cheapest GT86's are still more expensive than the cheapest Caymans, really made me think.

So don't fucking buy it from there how hard can this be?

>comparing a 3 year old car with 17k miles to an 11 year old car with 115k miles
ayy lmao

Becuase 2006 is the worst tax year to buy used cars from in the UK, don't you know anything you stupid casual?

>a crash damaged car is cheap
Holy shit thanks for the info, check the milage on the car below it you faggot.

>he thinks people buying a fucking Porsche care about another 170 quid a year in tax
kys

people who buy cheap porsches care

By "beat" you mean they liked it better?

This is the most used website for selling cars in Europe and as I said this car is a flop in Europe, is rare.

If you can't find an used GT-86 there you won't find it at all, also because many cars there are sold by car dealers (you can find both private people selling their cars and new/used cars from dealers).

If you're suggesting that I should buy the car from another country in Europe I'd tell you that even if I can find a bargain then I'd fuck up with import taxes and expenses for getting the car registered with a local plate.

However, the new MX-5 is less expensive and has got reasonable prices even if it's a younger model and the used cars are few...this makes me think.

WHY DID ANY OF YOU FUCKING IDIOTS REPLY TO THIS?

>If you can't find an used GT-86 there you won't find it at all

This however relates to my specific country.

what else matters when you buy a product besides liking it?

>performance
>fuel efficiency
>practicality
>comfort
>amenities
>safety
>reliability
>price
>part availability
>cost of upkeep

Meaning they enjoyed driving it more. Which is pretty much the whole point of the 86. Affordable rwd car that focuses on driver engagement.

I guess you're right but i can't help but wonder if motortrend dare say they liked an american car better than a non-american one everyone would scream shill/paid to the point where motortrend acknowledges the memes themselves and attempt to take the piss out of people who say it. obviously not the user who just replied to you.

Oh it's Italy, used cars in Italy are always overpriced compared to Germany, USA, UK.
I was looking at 205 GTIs from there, most look nice and rust free but are double what they are elsewhere.

get off the internet mum

Alpha Camaro was MTs driver's car of the year

Fuck you.

only people who disagree with op are salty poorfags. the thing is fucking SLOW

Real talk.

How much money would you have to drop into a GT86 to bring it to a moderate level of power? I'm not talking about making it compete with a mustang gt, but just enough power to make it worthwhile.

$5k probably. would need tens of thousands to get it to any respectable power level, even then would get shit on by a turbo or supercharged v8.

Do you get paid to post absolute garbage on Estonian steel tempering boards or do you just do it for fun?

Is he wrong about the cost or would it take even more money?

It would cost much more. $40,000.00

I guess it depends on his definition of a 'respectable power level'. Unless you're retarded thats 300bhp max, and that isn't going to cost you 'tens of thousands'.

it already has a respectable level of power for the type of car it is. not every car needs 300hp to be fun to drive but i guess your autistic brains only measure fun in hp

>respectable level of power
>200hp
LOL

>300bhp
>respectable

literal trash

I think it's almost the right everything. What bothers me is the engine, I understand that it wouldn't have happened without subaru, but still.

Apparently getting an overhauled exhaust system (header, downpipe, etc.) plus ecu tune should be enough to get rid of the dip and also "wake it up". That's like 1-2k.
If you want more there's superchargers, they aren't that expensive afaik.
That said, if you drive it with the prius tires it feels lively enough (unless you go to a track, and then get left behind by everything).

>he says after driving a used pos econobox from craigslist

>all this projecting
The GT86 is slow af stock. If modded it can be something more, but you HAVE to mod it.

Nice bait.

300bhp in a car weighing 1200kg, that isn't well insulated from bumps and noise, and is low to the ground, is going to feel like a missile unless you answer to the name Fatt Marah.

Oops my mistake, I forgot I was on Veeky Forums where everyone drives Supercharged Vette's making 600lbs ft of torks.

>there are young people that go $20k+ in debt for this car

KEK

>feel like a missile
this has to be bait

200hp is more than quick enough for a driver's car. it's plenty to have fun with on the streets. having 500hp in your epek muscle car means shit when you're going the same speed on the highway as a brz

>t. fat ameriburger who has never been in a small car

I dont fucking know what I was thinking myself. Got a 2016 brz and got rid of it after 11 months.

Back to the V8 pour moi.

What city?

Ottawa

i drive a m5 and i can't stop laughing when i see one of these on the roads. usually have a loud fart can on the back making obscene noises but moving so slow. always get a big chuckle when i smoke one at the lights or speed up when one is trying to overtake

There is no demand in the coupe market. Especially the rwd entry level market.

So the price of the Toyobaru reflects this low demand.

hoon out the car to learn to drive and wear out those prius tires. then put on some proper rubber.

flash the ECU to get rid of that damn dip in mid rpm power and torx.

enjoy a wonderful driving experience.

benchracing nerds need not apply.

>i drive a m5
pls be an e39
post pics pls

>leaf

discarded

nice of daddy to let you drive his car

>There is no demand in the coupe market
There is infinite demand from young cucks such as myself who have no need for a car as anything other than a toy so do not care what form it takes so long as it has:
1. four wheels
2. a drivers seat
3. is fun to drive

bread on hood

Why would you buy one if you live in Ontarindia? Your roads are shit.

so people with no money.

>when you buy a brz/gt86

Ive always had RWD "sports" cars and its mostly fine, I know wich roads to avoid at this point.

>>when you buy a brz/gt86
Feels breddy good desu

I know a 17 year old who just bought one.

>there are young people who go 60k in debt for a year of university

still in the denial stage

Europe got fucked but us has them cheap ish used.

If anyone is posting in this thread and doesn't think they're being baited by at least one other user, you should off yourself. This thread leaks from /b/ basically. The incivility is ridiculous.

This whole board is atrociously bad at ignoring bait

It's been over 3 years. That's pretty good considering I buy a different car every year

how embarassing is this?

4 you

>What the fuck were Shitbota thinking?
They overestimated the sharts' ability to build on a decent blank canvas.

there's nothing wrong with that, as long as they pick the right major and do internships while they're still in school

>I know a 17 year old who just bought one.

KEK

That's Americans in general and for a variety of shiny new shitboxes.

>muh wimmenz studies major w/ a minor in Afrikan studies

I know you're shitposting but I'm still gonna contribute

Coming from a guy who has mostly owned old ford trucks and a few cars, this thing looks pretty neat. I wouldn't be against owning one

>There is no demand in the coupe market
>Especially the rwd entry level market
What the fuck are you talking about breh? Mustang is the best selling sports coupe in the world. Mustangs are in huge demand. Unless your talking about Europe.

>there's nothing wrong with that

there is not a single undergrad major at a single university worth $60k a year

graduate degrees are another story.

50% of mustang sales are to rental fleets. mostly v6s and convertibles.

don't fucking remind me.

t. grad student in international relations

Kill me please.

MUH BENCH RACING

I got a gts (top end spec model) 20thou ks for 21k aud

It's slow but it's way more fun to drift than my commo that had as much power as an old m3

Its not worth 40k aud new i agree

Why did any of you idiots bump this?

Shut the Fuck up faggot here's another bump

>ha ha ha look at this cuck enjoying his car

Veeky Forums - Auto

The performance of an M2? for 27k? Get over yourself. No understanding of engineering. The base MR2 SW20 when new was actually more expensive than a Toyota 86. It's pretty good bang for buck

>how to take a screenshot
Seriously? How retarded are you?